1. #9781
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Just stopping in here and just want to ask, is it better to play Mass Effect on pc or 360? I have all 3 on 360 but was wondering if it's worth it for pc.
    I originally bought ME1 and ME2 for the X360, then bought them again for PC, and bought ME3 for PC. Now I only play it on PC.

  2. #9782
    Epic! Iamanerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    1,655
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I originally bought ME1 and ME2 for the X360, then bought them again for PC, and bought ME3 for PC. Now I only play it on PC.
    Do you get plenty of matches on the pc for multiplayer on 3?
    Intel I5-2500k @4.8Ghz| Noctua NH-U9B | Asus P67 Deluxe | 16GB G.SKILL Ares 2133Mhz
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB/1TB | 512GB MX100 | 1TB WD Black x2 | 2TB WD Black |3TB WD Green NAS x2
    Sapphire R9-290x | SeasonicX 650 | NXZT H440 | Asus PB278Q | Razor Naga Molten Edition | CM Quick Fire Rapid TK
    Asus Xonar Essense STX | Presonus E5 x2 | Takstar HiFi 2050's

  3. #9783
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Do you get plenty of matches on the pc for multiplayer on 3?
    Yep. If I do bronze I can make a match and start it solo, and by the time I finish wave 1 I'll have a full group. No problem finding a silver and gold match either if I want to. Never tried Platinum.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2012-08-01 at 01:20 AM.

  4. #9784
    Epic! Iamanerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    1,655
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Yep. If I do bronze I can make a match and start it solo, and by the time I finish wave 1 I'll have a full group. No problem finding a silver and gold match either if I want to. Never tried Platinum.
    Alright sounds good, but where should i pick it up? Should I get 1 & 2 on steam and 3 on Origin?
    Intel I5-2500k @4.8Ghz| Noctua NH-U9B | Asus P67 Deluxe | 16GB G.SKILL Ares 2133Mhz
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB/1TB | 512GB MX100 | 1TB WD Black x2 | 2TB WD Black |3TB WD Green NAS x2
    Sapphire R9-290x | SeasonicX 650 | NXZT H440 | Asus PB278Q | Razor Naga Molten Edition | CM Quick Fire Rapid TK
    Asus Xonar Essense STX | Presonus E5 x2 | Takstar HiFi 2050's

  5. #9785
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Alright sounds good, but where should i pick it up? Should I get 1 & 2 on steam and 3 on Origin?
    That works. I bought ME1 and 2 on Steam and a box version of ME3 since I got the collector's edition.

  6. #9786
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    13,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Alright sounds good, but where should i pick it up? Should I get 1 & 2 on steam and 3 on Origin?
    I got 1&2 together for ~$30 on Amazon, can probably get cheaper on Steam.

    Bought ME3 at Target. Funny story, ME3 was $60, bought 2-3 other things, and somehow was only charged $58.

    Didn't question the cashier . . .
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2012-08-01 at 01:32 AM.

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  7. #9787
    Epic! Iamanerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    1,655
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    I got 1&2 together for ~$30 on Amazon, can probably get cheaper on Steam.

    Bought ME3 at Target. Funny story, ME3 was $60, bought 2-3 other things, and somehow was only charged $58.

    Didn't question the cashier . . .
    That works. I bought ME1 and 2 on Steam and a box version of ME3 since I got the collector's edition.
    Alright well I'm going to wait for some deals on them and will pick them up since I figured the PC was better to play them on.

    ---------- Post added 2012-07-31 at 10:16 PM ----------

    Also for pc since it's 3rd person is it better played with keyboard/mouse or a 360 controller?
    Intel I5-2500k @4.8Ghz| Noctua NH-U9B | Asus P67 Deluxe | 16GB G.SKILL Ares 2133Mhz
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB/1TB | 512GB MX100 | 1TB WD Black x2 | 2TB WD Black |3TB WD Green NAS x2
    Sapphire R9-290x | SeasonicX 650 | NXZT H440 | Asus PB278Q | Razor Naga Molten Edition | CM Quick Fire Rapid TK
    Asus Xonar Essense STX | Presonus E5 x2 | Takstar HiFi 2050's

  8. #9788
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Also for pc since it's 3rd person is it better played with keyboard/mouse or a 360 controller?
    There's no native support for Xbox 360 controllers on the PC version so it's going to be rather hit or miss. I stick with mouse/keyboard.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2012-08-01 at 02:18 AM.

  9. #9789
    Formated my faptop, time to reinstall every single shit again =_=

  10. #9790
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    Formated my faptop, time to reinstall every single shit again =_=
    Thats what happens when you purge the unclean, you restart civilization.

  11. #9791
    File clutter exists because he allows it, and it will end because he demands it.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2012-08-01 at 07:16 AM.

  12. #9792
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    13,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    File clutter exists because he allows it, and it will end because he demands it.
    That which you know as "formatting" shall be your salvation through memory wiping.

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  13. #9793
    Old God Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,733
    https://twitter.com/BioEvilChris/sta...55619089551360

    Damn you, Chris! I was telling myself not to get excited!

  14. #9794
    Finally finished the Singleplayer last night. I didn't quite get the public outrage about the endings even after the Extended Cut since the EC ending I got was one I expected.

    Now to farm enough credits for the last 5-6 PSPs I need to max out the last Rare Character Cards and... then stockpile money for the next MP DLC, I suppose. o_O

  15. #9795
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    13,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
    Finally finished the Singleplayer last night. I didn't quite get the public outrage about the endings even after the Extended Cut since the EC ending I got was one I expected.

    Now to farm enough credits for the last 5-6 PSPs I need to max out the last Rare Character Cards and... then stockpile money for the next MP DLC, I suppose. o_O
    Personally, I think the extended cut redeemed the game. I have a few issues with the endings still, but overall, I really enjoy them. They are very emotional and bittersweet, and satisfying.

    Anyways, I was mucking around on wikipedia, playing "Six Degrees of Video Games" (connected Bethesda, Bioware, Blizzard and Valve, in that order!) and to my surprise I find that Jennifer Hale (femShep) also voices Leah in D3. Yet, the thing is, there are distinct vocal differences between FemShep, Jedi Knight Bastila (KOTOR) and Leah. That impressed me. Honestly, I would not have recognized her in either Bastila or Leah had I not read it.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2012-08-01 at 09:29 PM.

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  16. #9796
    Herald of the Titans Muzual's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    足立さんの家に
    Posts
    2,839
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Personally, I think the extended cut redeemed the game. I have a few issues with the endings still, but overall, I really enjoy them. They are very emotional and bittersweet, and satisfying.
    I wasn't a fan of destruction or control, but I loved EDI's voiceover in the Synthesis ending. Especially the part at Shepard's memorial. The EC was very well made and I'm glad it was put in too

    なんで自殺するのかな他の人殺せばいいのに

  17. #9797
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,550
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Anyways, I was mucking around on wikipedia, playing "Six Degrees of Video Games" (connected Bethesda, Bioware, Blizzard and Valve, in that order!) and to my surprise I find that Jennifer Hale (femShep) also voices Leah in D3. Yet, the thing is, there are distinct vocal differences between FemShep, Jedi Knight Ballista (KOTOR) and Leah. That impressed me. Honestly, I would not have recognized her in either Ballista or Leah had I not read it.
    She voiced http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bastila_Shan and not http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballista
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  18. #9798
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    13,619
    That's who I meant.

    I can't spell.

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  19. #9799
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I wasn't a fan of destruction or control, but I loved EDI's voiceover in the Synthesis ending. Especially the part at Shepard's memorial. The EC was very well made and I'm glad it was put in too
    I chose destroy, and it was what I expected. It was perhaps not a happy ending, but it was an ending I can be happy with because I expected there to be some sacrifice involved, and those sacrificed had before proven to me that they would be willing to lay down their lives for the galaxy so... yeah, I can live with it. It is sad, but acceptable. I am more surprised about Shepard apparently surviving. The only thing I didn't really buy was the Catalyst AI. If that truly is something controlling the Reapers, then to hell with it. I am not going to take the word of a random character that say the Reapers are the only solution. Heck, it is far more likely that it is simply a Reaper program designed to stop you.

    I'm not going to play a series for about 120 hours with one clear goal, then do a U-turn in the last 10 minutes, trusting someone who is the alleged master of the Reapers. **** that.


    Haven't seen the other endings, but I suppose I will see them when I do some further replays along the line.

  20. #9800
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    That's who I meant.

    I can't spell.
    She also voices the female sylvari character in GW2. I would have never guessed until someone pointed that out to me. She really does have an impressive variation to her voice acting. Which certainly helps as she seems to be in every video game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •