Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    She also voices the female sylvari character in GW2. I would have never guessed until someone pointed that out to me. She really does have an impressive variation to her voice acting. Which certainly helps as she seems to be in every video game.
    You can spot some similarities in certain roles, but she is just one of those voice actors that has an insane control over their voice. Another is Mark Hamill. I would never have figured he'd be the Joker from the Batman animated shows and the Arkham games.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
    You can spot some similarities in certain roles, but she is just one of those voice actors that has an insane control over their voice. Another is Mark Hamill. I would never have figured he'd be the Joker from the Batman animated shows and the Arkham games.
    Oh I can hear the similarities if I try. There's a slight Canadian accent but the thing is, I wouldn't have noticed had I not looked it up beforehand.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Oh I can hear the similarities if I try. There's a slight Canadian accent but the thing is, I wouldn't have noticed had I not looked it up beforehand.
    Its odd that she would have an accent when she was only born there as she grew up in Alabama.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Its odd that she would have an accent when she was only born there as she grew up in Alabama.
    Probably picked up from parents/family

なんで自殺するのかな他の人殺せばいいのに

Going through D3 in IMDB its almost as if Blizzard went to BioWare to borrow voice actors. There's almost twenty from Mass Effect, Dragon Age and SWTOR.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, or that it's terribly surprising that voice actors would do games for multiple companies. Just found it interesting.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

Voice actors aren't specific to companies. Look at Steve Blum, he has been in about every video game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Voice actors aren't specific to companies. Look at Steve Blum, he has been in about every video game as well.
    I know that. Just found it interesting that there were so many from BioWare games in D3.

That is because BioWare often focus on getting the best voice talent and more and more games realize that solid voice acting is important.

Hey so I found ME1 for sale on GmG for $5 and since I already own it I'm trying to get them as cheap as possible for pc. Now my question is that if I get ME1&2 on GmG will I be able to transfer my character from 2 over to 3 if I buy 3 from amazon?
    Intel I5-2500k @4.8Ghz| Noctua NH-U9B | Asus P67 Deluxe | 16GB G.SKILL Ares 2133Mhz
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB/1TB | 512GB MX100 | 1TB WD Black x2 | 2TB WD Black |3TB WD Green NAS x2
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | SeasonicX 650 | NXZT H440 | Asus PB278Q | Razor Naga Molten Edition | CM Quick Fire Rapid TK
    Asus Xonar Essense STX | Presonus E5 x2 | Takstar HiFi 2050's

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Hey so I found ME1 for sale on GmG for $5 and since I already own it I'm trying to get them as cheap as possible for pc. Now my question is that if I get ME1&2 on GmG will I be able to transfer my character from 2 over to 3 if I buy 3 from amazon?
    Should, it's only the save files and not some sort of crazy drm.
    I transferred my 360 char just by renaming the file extension on the save lol.

FemShep, Jedi Knight Bastila (KOTOR) and Leah. .
    Next role: Jar Jar Binks in whatever star wars abomination they put out next.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
    The (voice) force is strong in him.
    Its good he didnt just fall down that his sidekick (Han Solo) got all the glory and moviecareer instead of him.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, or that it's terribly surprising that voice actors would do games for multiple companies. Just found it interesting.
    Voiceactors are hired contractors that does random jobs for any studio that employs them like any other actor.
    Voiceactors tend to enjoy great fame in Japan.

They dont get 50 million dollar checks from doing the lead of a game so they cant do one game and sit back for 10 years like actors.
    Last edited by Gravath; 2012-08-02 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Yep! All your saves are stored in your Documents folder. Doesn't matter where you buy the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Next role: Jar Jar Binks in whatever star wars abomination they put out next.
    Jar Jar Binks. The one thing that makes Mass Effect superior to Star Wars. Without him . . . well, Star Wars has light sabers.

Jar Jar Binks. The one thing that makes Mass Effect superior to Star Wars. Without him . . . well, Star Wars has light sabers.
    I've never really been a fan of Star Wars so meh. lol

Mass Effect have biotic powers which one ups the force any day of the week.

We agree on something at last? I'm shocked.

I dunno, biotics don't grant the precognitive and predictive abilities of the force, nor do they really allow one to react fast enough to block or dodge bullets via a lightsaber.

Also, lightsabers.

I dunno, biotics don't grant the precognitive and predictive abilities of the force, nor do they really allow one to react fast enough to block or dodge bullets via a lightsaber.

Also, lightsabers.
    Biotics absorbs energy bullets.

And omniblades > lightsabers.
    Their only variety is what colour they are or if theres another blade on the other end whereas ominblades have different shapes and can be customized for different fightingstyles.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    We agree on something at last? I'm shocked.
    No, its just that i turned you from pro-force to pro-biotic.
    Last edited by Gravath; 2012-08-02 at 01:03 PM.

I much prefer the mass effect universe to star wars.

But star wars will always have that nostalgia from my childhood that mass effect can never replace.

Honestly, I think ME is a better built universe than SW. Less of a hodge podge of random shit for one thing.

I just love lightsabers.

It's still pretty close with me though, and much of that is indeed nostalgia.