Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    [spoiler] [ /spoiler] without the space before the slash. That'll put a black box over the text that people have to click to read what's in it, like this.
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/...fect-3s-ending

Commander Shepard's story arguably won't benefit from Mass Effect 3 single-player expansions, but BioWare's willing to compromise if you buy the Leviathan add-on: Completing the downloadable content creates an additional rift in your ending. You can expect to see multiple Easter eggs, subtle changes, and references to its story when you reach the Extended Cut conclusion.
    I knew it. I knew it from the moment they said the fanbase wouldn't react like they did if they knew what was coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

Not sure why that's a big deal. o.o

. I'm somewhat curious to see how big of an impact this dlc will have on the ending. Interesting. They said we'd get back story about the reapers in this thing, I wonder if it will make the star child and his creation seem like less of an absurdity for some.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-08-03 at 07:09 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Not sure why that's a big deal. o.o
    Combine it with all the other DLC that's bound to come, and the EC might become obsolete.
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

*Insert Take My Money Image Here*

Really looking forward to this. Hopefully it's on par with the LotSB dlc in ME2.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/...fect-3s-ending

I knew it. I knew it from the moment they said the fanbase wouldn't react like they did if they knew what was coming.
    Oh good, so it is a "buy the good ending" scenario.
    Guess I'll have a pirate version as well as one for MP.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Oh good, so it is a "buy the good ending" scenario.
    Guess I'll have a pirate version as well as one for MP.
    No that's not what it is. The ending won't change all that much. From what I've read you'll only get a few more dialogue choices with the star child.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    No that's not what it is. The ending won't change all that much. From what I've read you'll only get a few more dialogue choices with the star child.
    They're making an underwater atlas ride have more effect on the storyline than either saving the Rachni, killing any number of squadmates or blowing up the collector base...

If ANYTHING else you did in any of the games (besides a flat EMS boost) had an effect on the ending it wouldn't be an issue, but it just feels like a way to make people snap it up.

I don't see a problem with them adding an incentive to entice people to buy it. Also, I'm not sure it's fair to reduce the entirety of the pack to an underwater Atlas ride. I mean, I could on the same hand reduce the Rachni queen event in ME to a Mako trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    They're making an underwater atlas ride have more effect on the storyline than either saving the Rachni, killing any number of squadmates or blowing up the collector base...

If ANYTHING else you did in any of the games (besides a flat EMS boost) had an effect on the ending it wouldn't be an issue, but it just feels like a way to make people snap it up.

uhh No. It's only giving you a couple more dialogue options with the kid. Like nothing will change other than you can ask him an additional question. It probably won't give you very much EMS and the rest of the stuff you do in the main game (including saving the Rachni and gaining their EMS) is far more influential. This is just a bonus.

I'm so tired of not being able to get nice things because people have problems. I want more dialogue with the star child. I want to find out about the reapers and I want it to open up what I can say at the end even if it's only a little bit.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-08-03 at 07:54 PM.
    The hammer comes down:

I use the save editor to make it as though I imported from ME1 so it works for me. XD
    Unfortunately I do not have the luxury of using save editor. Alas, the price one pays when you play on consoles. Aah well.

And I'm now very curious about the Leviathan DLC...Gah, need to save my money damnit. *grumbles about all these games/dlcs coming out around the same time*

Having a reaper on your side is a bigger thing than ANY of those in the storyline.
    Hell, the rachni were useless.
    Releasing a DLC with such huge consequences HAVE to be reflected in the ending.

And your choices do matter in the endings, you get different stillimages that doesnt explain shit!
    Last edited by Gravath; 2012-08-03 at 08:45 PM.

I still consider the entirety of ME3 to be the ending of the trilogy, so when somebody says that their actions had no impact on the ending I point to every place where you see your actions impacting the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    I still consider the entirety of ME3 to be the ending of the trilogy, so when somebody says that their actions had no impact on the ending I point to every place where you see your actions impacting the story.
    Someone is actually in the same mindset as I am! \o/

I can already see Shep riding his mighty loyal reaper towards the star fucking kid, reaping his head off with his omniblade!
    Damn, I'm still trying to get my fucking save games back via data recovery programs. Been scanning my harddrive the entire day...

Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    I can already see Shep riding his mighty loyal reaper towards the star fucking kid, reaping his head off with his omniblade!
    Damn, I'm still trying to get my fucking save games back via data recovery programs. Been scanning my harddrive the entire day...
    Or just get someone else's save file?

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Or just get someone else's save file?
    Never! I would rather start over from zipo.
    Though, I'm not giving up that easily! I'll get them back and I'm not giving up until monday!

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Hmm, never really thought of it that was. Good point though.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    Never! I would rather start over from zipo.
    Though, I'm not giving up that easily! I'll get them back and I'm not giving up until monday!
    I'll be going through the entire series again pretty soon. I only really have one character that I play as, with the only difference between playthroughs being either the difficulty or the class I'm using. Going to have an engineer with Tali as his love interest, and then I'll probably make a femshep. Not sure if I want to have a renegade Shepard.