1. #10061
    Trust me on this, but BioWare is not going to lose major support over just Mass Effect 3. That is like saying Blizzard is in dire straits for the ruckus about Diablo 3. You have players loving and hating either game, both companies earning money, and both companies have an outstanding track record of producing successful games.

    BioWare could spend 1 billion dollars creating Minesweeper: The RPG for all I care, and I would still try their games. It is a bit hard to comprehend, I am sure, but I've been loyal to BioWare since Baldur's Gate and they've NEVER failed me. Yes, there have been some disappointments (Awakening, DA2), but there has never been a BioWare game that has made me so horribly disillusioned that I'd say "I have to stop playing this game, right now. This is awful, I can not continue, even if I haven't finished it". I still found parts about Awakening and DA2 (which are the games I don't like too much out of the ones BioWare made) to be really great, and they worked very well. Those two, while not epic, were still good games (although DA2 was in danger of getting into "mediocre" with its story and reused areas).

  2. #10062
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    I'm not defending them, I'm asking you for proof. I'm pointing out where you are wrong. If you have proof and are in fact correct that IGN is full of money hats I would like to see your evidence. If they are then I can be sure to ignore them.

    Why is it so hard for people to provide evidence when they claim it to be abundant?
    I doubt u'll ever get any... and you prolly know it, I even bet you even know why.
    .... so why ask for it?

  3. #10063
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,206
    No, actually. I'm hoping that I'll get a response. I don't assume that everyone is going to be hostile the second I ask a question. I ask questions because I want to learn.

  4. #10064
    Geez mate, what in earth did I say now that you consider as "hostile"?

    You don’t need to “learn” anything, just use a little common sense.
    Ask yourself, do you think it would be healthy for their reputation & business to admit such kind of business?
    If not, do you think they would let “proof” just wondering around the internet so people can rub in each other’s face?

    It’s only suspicions; no one really has “proof” about it, if you believe it or not it’s up to you, you have your own head to think by yourself, right?
    Also, try to chill on the “carebear” act, if you find this as “hostile” and are actually upset about it, I highly suggest you to avoid most of the internet =X

  5. #10065
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Of course she did, she even said "the woman I was used these words" and continued speaking about how she now understands some things that she didn't before. The Star Child even explained that I wouldn't die if I choose control but would be changed.
    Uh... What? No. He outright SAYS that Shepard will die.

    Catalyst: You will die. You will control us, but you will lose everything you have.

    Shepard: How can I control the Reapers if I'm dead?

    Catalyst: Your corporeal form will be dissolved, but your thoughts, and even your memories, will continue. You will no longer be organic. Your connection to your kind will be lost, though you will remain aware of their existence.

  6. #10066
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,206
    Apologies, I misinterpreted the tone of your post then.
    Last edited by Grizzly Willy; 2012-08-06 at 04:08 AM.

  7. #10067
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    13,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
    Trust me on this, but BioWare is not going to lose major support over just Mass Effect 3. That is like saying Blizzard is in dire straits for the ruckus about Diablo 3. You have players loving and hating either game, both companies earning money, and both companies have an outstanding track record of producing successful games.

    BioWare could spend 1 billion dollars creating Minesweeper: The RPG for all I care, and I would still try their games. It is a bit hard to comprehend, I am sure, but I've been loyal to BioWare since Baldur's Gate and they've NEVER failed me. Yes, there have been some disappointments (Awakening, DA2), but there has never been a BioWare game that has made me so horribly disillusioned that I'd say "I have to stop playing this game, right now. This is awful, I can not continue, even if I haven't finished it". I still found parts about Awakening and DA2 (which are the games I don't like too much out of the ones BioWare made) to be really great, and they worked very well. Those two, while not epic, were still good games (although DA2 was in danger of getting into "mediocre" with its story and reused areas).
    Not to go offtopic, but was was wrong with Awakening? I thought it was a fun addition to DA:O. A little short, but it was only an expac.

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  8. #10068
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
    Trust me on this, but BioWare is not going to lose major support over just Mass Effect 3. That is like saying Blizzard is in dire straits for the ruckus about Diablo 3. You have players loving and hating either game, both companies earning money, and both companies have an outstanding track record of producing successful games.

    BioWare could spend 1 billion dollars creating Minesweeper: The RPG for all I care, and I would still try their games. It is a bit hard to comprehend, I am sure, but I've been loyal to BioWare since Baldur's Gate and they've NEVER failed me. Yes, there have been some disappointments (Awakening, DA2), but there has never been a BioWare game that has made me so horribly disillusioned that I'd say "I have to stop playing this game, right now. This is awful, I can not continue, even if I haven't finished it". I still found parts about Awakening and DA2 (which are the games I don't like too much out of the ones BioWare made) to be really great, and they worked very well. Those two, while not epic, were still good games (although DA2 was in danger of getting into "mediocre" with its story and reused areas).
    Their will always be a market for their games. I mean as disappointed as I was in D3 It's not gonna stop me from looking into buying HoTS. I don't expect it wil stop very many people from buying MoP. Same thing with Bioware. It helps that ME3 was still actually a really good game regardless of the ending.

    As for reviewers I find it hilarious that this forum is so divided on the issue. It's okay to say reviewers get paid for EA games because well EA is the devil after all but if you say Blizzard does this well how dare you.. The simply fact is we have no proof and the available evidence tends to discredit this. I mean if that were the case no game would get a bad review. DA2 isn't my favourite Bioware game by any means but if you go look at the average meta critic review it's a 79 on Xbox IIRC. Surely EA with it's vast fortune could buy a better review... Theirs plenty of other examples as well. Racoon City got a 4.0. Surely Capcom with it's vast sums of money could have bought a better review..


    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1221156p1.html
    http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/06/2...of-2012-so-far
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-08-06 at 07:30 AM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  9. #10069
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Their will always be a market for their games. I mean as disappointed as I was in D3 It's not gonna stop me from looking into buying HoTS. I don't expect it wil stop very many people from buying MoP. Same thing with Bioware. It helps that ME3 was still actually a really good game regardless of the ending.

    As for reviewers I find it hilarious that this forum is so divided on the issue. It's okay to say reviewers get paid for EA games because well EA is the devil after all but if you say Blizzard does this well how dare you.. The simply fact is we have no proof and the available evidence tends to discredit this. I mean if that were the case no game would get a bad review. DA2 isn't my favourite Bioware game by any means but if you go look at the average meta critic review it's a 79 on Xbox IIRC. Surely EA with it's vast fortune could buy a better review... Theirs plenty of other examples as well. Racoon City got a 4.0. Surely Capcom with it's vast sums of money could have bought a better review..


    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1221156p1.html
    http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/06/2...of-2012-so-far
    Thats because DA2 was not a bad game, DA2 could have been much more then it was, and people expected alot because of Origins. The same goes for ME3. ME3 in itself is a excellent game, way above average, people are just disappointed in the ending, because it was different then they expected it to be.

  10. #10070
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Not to go offtopic, but was was wrong with Awakening? I thought it was a fun addition to DA:O. A little short, but it was only an expac.
    While many parts of the game was great, I just felt like I could not really live the story because there were so horribly little face time on the Architect and the Mother, that I really did not know much about them. When I then, later, has to decide how to interact with them at the very end, there is not much choice involved. I would be okay if it was a sudden appearance, but both of them was present for large portions of the game. We knew they existed, we just did not know enough about them to think of them as villains.
    Another gripe was the entire companion/NPCs from Awakening, but yeah.

    Do not get me wrong, I did not say it was bad. It was still good as games go, but it was bad as BioWare RPGs go or, more specifically, as an expansion of Dragon Age: Origins.

    The truth is, we become spoiled because we experience excellence, then we want more. I think that is why people get disappointed with Mass Effect 3. They enjoy the game up until the end, they get an ending they did not expect, which leads to them being disappointed and narrowminded enough to label the game as a whole as "bad".

    Some people have justified arguments as to why the game is bad, but most people bash the entire game just for the ending. Heck, ME3 multiplayer has given me more playability and fun than many other games at this point. There is more to ME3 than the endings.
    Last edited by Yuanrang; 2012-08-06 at 11:08 AM.

  11. #10071
    I am Murloc! ita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    5,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Uh... What? No. He outright SAYS that Shepard will die.

    Catalyst: You will die. You will control us, but you will lose everything you have.

    Shepard: How can I control the Reapers if I'm dead?

    Catalyst: Your corporeal form will be dissolved, but your thoughts, and even your memories, will continue. You will no longer be organic. Your connection to your kind will be lost, though you will remain aware of their existence.
    Which means that Shepards organic body will be gone but thoughts and memories remain. That's not exactly dying. It's basically just uploading the consciousness into a reaper. It's not exactly death because Shepard is still there. (S)he's just not organic any more
    Remember remember the fifth of November
    Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

  12. #10072
    Herald of the Titans Muzual's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    足立さんの家に
    Posts
    2,901
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Which means that Shepards organic body will be gone but thoughts and memories remain. That's not exactly dying. It's basically just uploading the consciousness into a reaper. It's not exactly death because Shepard is still there. (S)he's just not organic any more
    I think it just depends on how you look at it. It is the death of organic Shepard, but birth of reaper-Shepard. That said, she doesn't exactly die either (as you said)

    なんで自殺するのかな他の人殺せばいいのに

  13. #10073
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Which means that Shepards organic body will be gone but thoughts and memories remain. That's not exactly dying. It's basically just uploading the consciousness into a reaper. It's not exactly death because Shepard is still there. (S)he's just not organic any more
    The thoughts and memories that lets one act upon logic remains, but the emotions are gone.
    So if it is the shepard then its more of a hollow husk of the shepard without a soul.

    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I think it just depends on how you look at it. It is the death of organic Shepard, but birth of reaper-Shepard. That said, she doesn't exactly die either (as you said)
    The Shep is male.
    Im just saiyan.

  14. #10074
    I am Murloc! ita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    5,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    The thoughts and memories that lets one act upon logic remains, but the emotions are gone.
    So if it is the shepard then its more of a hollow husk of the shepard without a soul.
    Not the way I understood it:P She's using the reapers to help rebuild and acting as a guardian. If she had no emotions, why bother? Logically she could just suppress all those puny lesser creatures into being subservient and control everything so nothing could go wrong. Why allow them free will?

    The Shep is male.
    Im just saiyan.
    Lies. Shepard is always female. Even the "male" Shepard has just used a lot of steroids so she looks male (but she's still pretty inside)
    Remember remember the fifth of November
    Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

  15. #10075
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    13,536
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Which means that Shepards organic body will be gone but thoughts and memories remain. That's not exactly dying. It's basically just uploading the consciousness into a reaper. It's not exactly death because Shepard is still there. (S)he's just not organic any more
    Agreed. I always interpreted it as Shepard's transcendence. Mortally, she dies. However, her mind doesn't really . . . die, but simply becomes something far greater.

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  16. #10076
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Not the way I understood it:P She's using the reapers to help rebuild and acting as a guardian. If she had no emotions, why bother? Logically she could just suppress all those puny lesser creatures into being subservient and control everything so nothing could go wrong. Why allow them free will?
    Because it was the will of the Shepard, that which forms Ghost Shepard.

    It seems like the first human S.P.E.C.T.R.E, became a spectre.

    "Noun 1. spectre - a ghostly appearing figurespectre - a ghostly appearing figure"
    Yes, i see what you did there Bioware.
    Last edited by Gravath; 2012-08-06 at 12:18 PM.

  17. #10077
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    13,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Because it was the will of the Shepard, that which forms Ghost Shepard.

    It seems like the first human S.P.E.C.T.R.E, became a spectre.

    "Noun 1. spectre - a ghostly appearing figurespectre - a ghostly appearing figure"
    Yes, i see what you did there Bioware.
    Huh. Didn't realize Shepard was a James Bond villain.

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  18. #10078
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Huh. Didn't realize Shepard was a James Bond villain.
    He used to be, but he was kicked out for being too efficient.

  19. #10079
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Which means that Shepards organic body will be gone but thoughts and memories remain. That's not exactly dying. It's basically just uploading the consciousness into a reaper. It's not exactly death because Shepard is still there. (S)he's just not organic any more
    That's the thing, I don't think it was technically Shepard anymore. It refers to Shepard as someone they were in the past, which to me sounds like they are no longer that person, but rather something different made up of the experiences and thoughts of that person. A sort of reincarnation, if you will. And I do not recall seeing anything in the cinematic to suggest Shepard just "became a Reaper" either, but rather more like became some kind of super consciousness that extended across all Reapers. At any rate, I don't think it could communicate in any way with the people Shepard knew.

  20. #10080
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    That's the thing, I don't think it was technically Shepard anymore. It refers to Shepard as someone they were in the past, which to me sounds like they are no longer that person, but rather something different made up of the experiences and thoughts of that person. A sort of reincarnation, if you will. And I do not recall seeing anything in the cinematic to suggest Shepard just "became a Reaper" either, but rather more like became some kind of super consciousness that extended across all Reapers. At any rate, I don't think it could communicate in any way with the people Shepard knew.
    GhostShep could possess a video screen to communicate with them. maybe.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •