Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    Major spoilers ahead sort of. Galactic Readiness rating effects the endings.

Click at your peril!
    M, I feel like IGN's guide is off. I read their list of endings and watched the videos. I know I got the bad ending with a low rating cause I rushed through the game.
    And my ending was the same as the "perfect 5000 destroy reaper's ending." That can't be right. In their own guide, they say with the 5k rating, Shepard lives, but that video clearly showed him dying.... so, there's gotta be something off with their videos.

Deleted
    Got it, was playing it. Love it so far. Did play the demo so had some idea of what to expect. I do see why a few people have commented about conversations feeling more linear, there does seem to be more said by Shepard that can't be changed although it seems to take it's tone from your decisions previously anyways. Not been able to play MP yet.

Just finished Tuchanka for Wreav's quest to help the Turians, with Eve. Found Moridins death scene masterfully done. It's set pieces like that which are why I play these games. People can call it a MW3 sci-fi all they want - they can't do story like BioWare. And yes, I killed Wrex in ME1 so it's picked it up well. Also a lot of tension between me and Ashley (Skipped romance in ME2). Can't complain so far about it sticking to my choices

@Nilan

Ya, that was a really great scene... and it was really moving, but what pissed me off about it is...

I would think that Mordin wouldn't have to die if I could port in my save file from the first game. In the first game I didn't let Wrex die, and he's supposed to take over the Urgnot clan, and he's not a warmongering retard. Alas.... fuck you Steam and fuck you Origin for not being compatible with each other!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    @Nilan

Ya, that was a really great scene... and it was really moving, but what pissed me off about it is...

I would think that Mordin wouldn't have to die if I could port in my save file from the first game. In the first game I didn't let Wrex die, and he's supposed to take over the Urgnot clan, and he's not a warmongering retard. Alas.... fuck you Steam and fuck you Origin for not being compatible with each other!
    Tried following the import guide on masseffect2saves.com? I was able to port my steam ME2 save to Origin. I also know what you mean, but I think that ending was inevitable regardless of your decisions in ME1.

Huh... I will look into that for my next replay.

I haven't gotten a chance to pick it up yet but the MP is going to be a lot of fun with friends from the sound of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    @Nilan

He dies with Wrex as leader too, not sure what happens otherwise but Wrex he goes to the top of the shroud (which is exploding) as he's the only one able to fix the sabotage

And not sure what you mean not compatible... got ME2 for steam and had 0 problems importing.

Deleted
    finished ME3 yday and it was very enjoyable till you got to see the ending(s), the ending(s) really suck :/ didnt make any sense, well except the green ending. oh and it doesnt matter what you do in the game the ending is still the same (well except for different color)
    Last edited by mmoca5d0a9f797; 2012-03-08 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine View Post
    finished ME3 yday and it was very enjoyable till you got to see the ending(s), the ending(s) really suck :/ didnt make any sense, well except the green ending. oh and it doesnt matter what you do in the game the ending is still the same (well except for different color)
    whats the green ending?
    red = destroy
    blue = control

what does green do?
    also, how do you get it?
    Last edited by jonte912; 2012-03-08 at 02:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    whats the green ending?

what does green do?
    also, how do you get it?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD2Dq83HQdY

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/mass-effect-3/Endings
    Last edited by mmoca4abc3a051; 2012-03-08 at 02:32 PM.

Deleted
    whats the green ending?
    red = destroy
    blue = control

what does green do?
    also, how do you get it?
    Spoiler tags god damnit! SPOILER TAGS

does the catalyst talk about the green ending or does that just happen if you run towards the beam instead of going to the sides for blue/red?.

so what exactly does the green option do?
    red = destroy reapers and eventually (according to the catalyst) robots will kill all organic life
    blue = I don't know, maybe shepard comes back and kill robots every few years.

green = ????

10+ Year Old Account
    does the catalyst talk about the green ending or does that just happen if you run towards the beam instead of going to the sides for blue/red?.

so what exactly does the green option do?
    red = destroy reapers and eventually (according to the catalyst) robots will kill all organic life
    blue = I don't know, maybe shepard comes back and kill robots every few years.

green = ????
    green=merging all organic and synthetic life together to ensure everlasting peace throughout the galaxy.

and all these spoiler tags makes me feel like I'm reading classified documents again.

For those that finished ME2 but have not bought ME3 still (like me):

I sacrificed Thane knowing that he did not have long to go. But I assigned Grunt in the last part of the suicide mission and he fucking dies! Damn it... I would rather have lost Jacob, or even Mordin. But losing that Krogan was personal.

I might have to do that part over.
    I'm still thinking about it...

I am really disappointed with the ending.
    I loved the first 2 games and was soooo eager for the third one. And I am pretty satisfied with the third game EXCEPT the last mission.

SPOILERS AHEAD

FIRST: The ending itself and the available choices are not my problem. They are pretty ok. What I dislike is the whole setting. In the first 2 ME games, in the final missions you had your crew with you. That was what made the game so good for me. Those few people that support you throughout the whole game, Liara, Garrus, Wrex, everybody like a big family, they were with you at the very end in each game. I loved the emotions in the Mass Effect games. That little smile from Shepard at the end of ME 1 when the sovereign was deafeted and his crew almost feared that Shepard died. The whole suicide mission at the end of ME 2 was brilliant. You really felt a connection between Shepard and your crew. But that is not the case in ME 3. Shortly before the final mission starts you can change a very few words with all the important crew characters from the game. But THAT'S IT. That is all the glamor and glory your crew gets in the end. Instead you get to live and play through the end with the Illusive Man and Anderson. That is right, 2 characters that never did any missions with you or barley had any emotional or deep connection to your shepard, those are the only characters that get to be part of the final moments of the epic shepard tale. You know those dramatic cutscenes from the final mission of ME 2? No, that is not what you get in ME 3 at the end. In fact, the most important characters that are with you throughout ME 1 and 2 and 3 don't have ANY kind of spotlight in the end of ME 3.
    THAT is what utterly disappoints me in ME 3. The ending itself is kinda ok, but that none of your crew are in any way deeply involved in it sucks very hard. I SHIT on the decision making in ME 3. I would rather have ONE proper epic ending with my whole crew and much drama and joy then instead 3 total shitty ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bioware made the endings suck on purpose so they could later release a "true endings" DLC in order to get you to pay even more for the game
    /tinfoilhat

Most ME3 conversations are like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x354h...ature=youtu.be
    Most ME1 conversations are like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2sZb...ature=youtu.be
    (ME2 is pretty much the same as ME1)

yes, they removed the RPG part of the game.
    also find it funny that ME1 has the best PC controls out of the ME games.
    Last edited by jonte912; 2012-03-08 at 04:59 PM.

Deleted
    Most ME3 conversations are like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x354h...ature=youtu.be
    Most ME1 conversations are like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2sZb...ature=youtu.be
    (ME2 is pretty much the same as ME1)

yes, they removed the RPG part of the game.
    also find it funny that ME1 has the best PC controls out of the ME games.
    You sure you aren't playing at the option where the game basically chooses things for you?

That and I found ME2 controls better then ME1. Sweet bashing a game over personal preference things.

The 3 endings that I'v seen disappoint me, I'll hold off till I see the rest. I swear though, if I really have to farm multiplayer for the "Perfect" Ending I am going to be pissed.
    How did the proto-plankton solve the math problem?

"Algae"-braically of course!
    All proceeds/awards/hate-mail for avatar go to Michael Vega and his character Jam!

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    You sure you aren't playing at the option where the game basically chooses things for you?

That and I found ME2 controls better then ME1. Sweet bashing a game over personal preference things.
    yes, I'm sure. RPG mode (can't change from it if you import a character from ME2) and full decisions.

not bashing just stating facts, there were keybinds for journal and other stuff etc for ME1, PC controls.
    can't bind journal etc in ME2 or ME3, so it's console port controls.
    were also keys for the different types of weapons, have to pause or scroll in the 2 second games.
    Last edited by jonte912; 2012-03-08 at 05:28 PM.