1. #1021
    Stood in the Fire Tuqui-tuqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    481
    For those that finished ME2 but have not bought ME3 still (like me):

    I sacrificed Thane knowing that he did not have long to go. But I assigned Grunt in the last part of the suicide mission and he fucking dies! Damn it... I would rather have lost Jacob, or even Mordin. But losing that Krogan was personal.

    I might have to do that part over.
    I'm still thinking about it...


  2. #1022
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Most of the fan base is not completely upset. Since you can't really prove that statement anyway, it can easily be ignored. I think I'm done posting on these forums, like legit. Their are to many idiots, who feel their opinions are universal and don't have the good sense to understand what tact is. Their are to many people who are convinced that their feelings are gods owns words and must be shared. Everything is negativitiy and cynicism. I don't care what the endings are, I have yet to beat it but mmo-champion is not gonna spoil another experience for me because kids have a vendetta against a game developer. It's a sour environment.*
    I can't really prove my statement because you made up your own? Sorry, what?!

    I highly suggest you to check bioware forums before accusing me of making up bullshit.
    There are threads with over 600 pages fill'd with rage at bioware, there are polls requesting new endings where the people who is "fine" with these endings barely make the bar show up... get down from that*pedestal and get your shit straight before accusing people of making up stuff. Thanks.

  3. #1023
    I am really disappointed with the ending.
    I loved the first 2 games and was soooo eager for the third one. And I am pretty satisfied with the third game EXCEPT the last mission.

    SPOILERS AHEAD


    FIRST: The ending itself and the available choices are not my problem. They are pretty ok. What I dislike is the whole setting. In the first 2 ME games, in the final missions you had your crew with you. That was what made the game so good for me. Those few people that support you throughout the whole game, Liara, Garrus, Wrex, everybody like a big family, they were with you at the very end in each game. I loved the emotions in the Mass Effect games. That little smile from Shepard at the end of ME 1 when the sovereign was deafeted and his crew almost feared that Shepard died. The whole suicide mission at the end of ME 2 was brilliant. You really felt a connection between Shepard and your crew. But that is not the case in ME 3. Shortly before the final mission starts you can change a very few words with all the important crew characters from the game. But THAT'S IT. That is all the glamor and glory your crew gets in the end. Instead you get to live and play through the end with the Illusive Man and Anderson. That is right, 2 characters that never did any missions with you or barley had any emotional or deep connection to your shepard, those are the only characters that get to be part of the final moments of the epic shepard tale. You know those dramatic cutscenes from the final mission of ME 2? No, that is not what you get in ME 3 at the end. In fact, the most important characters that are with you throughout ME 1 and 2 and 3 don't have ANY kind of spotlight in the end of ME 3.
    THAT is what utterly disappoints me in ME 3. The ending itself is kinda ok, but that none of your crew are in any way deeply involved in it sucks very hard. I SHIT on the decision making in ME 3. I would rather have ONE proper epic ending with my whole crew and much drama and joy then instead 3 total shitty ones.

  4. #1024
    Bloodsail Admiral Ishu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,036
    Bioware made the endings suck on purpose so they could later release a "true endings" DLC in order to get you to pay even more for the game
    /tinfoilhat

  5. #1025
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    558
    Most ME3 conversations are like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x354h...ature=youtu.be
    Most ME1 conversations are like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2sZb...ature=youtu.be
    (ME2 is pretty much the same as ME1)

    yes, they removed the RPG part of the game.
    also find it funny that ME1 has the best PC controls out of the ME games.
    Last edited by jonte912; 2012-03-08 at 04:59 PM.

  6. #1026
    Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    Most ME3 conversations are like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x354h...ature=youtu.be
    Most ME1 conversations are like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2sZb...ature=youtu.be
    (ME2 is pretty much the same as ME1)

    yes, they removed the RPG part of the game.
    also find it funny that ME1 has the best PC controls out of the ME games.
    You sure you aren't playing at the option where the game basically chooses things for you?

    That and I found ME2 controls better then ME1. Sweet bashing a game over personal preference things.

  7. #1027
    The 3 endings that I'v seen disappoint me, I'll hold off till I see the rest. I swear though, if I really have to farm multiplayer for the "Perfect" Ending I am going to be pissed.
    How did the proto-plankton solve the math problem?

    "Algae"-braically of course!
    All proceeds/awards/hate-mail for avatar go to Michael Vega and his character Jam!

  8. #1028
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    You sure you aren't playing at the option where the game basically chooses things for you?

    That and I found ME2 controls better then ME1. Sweet bashing a game over personal preference things.
    yes, I'm sure. RPG mode (can't change from it if you import a character from ME2) and full decisions.

    not bashing just stating facts, there were keybinds for journal and other stuff etc for ME1, PC controls.
    can't bind journal etc in ME2 or ME3, so it's console port controls.
    were also keys for the different types of weapons, have to pause or scroll in the 2 second games.
    Last edited by jonte912; 2012-03-08 at 05:28 PM.

  9. #1029
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlisa View Post
    The 3 endings that I'v seen disappoint me, I'll hold off till I see the rest. I swear though, if I really have to farm multiplayer for the "Perfect" Ending I am going to be pissed.
    You don't, you earn enough war points in single player for the best endings, from things such as exploring worlds and crap =P

  10. #1030
    Herald of the Titans Asrialol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hunter Forums <3
    Posts
    2,739
    I just imported a ME2 save, and I instantly had 63 points to spend on skills, while my squad had 31 points. That's... insane. What!

  11. #1031
    Two ways to get full readiness:

    1. Do side quests / explore the galaxy map.
    2. Play the multiplayer.

  12. #1032
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    B'ham, AL
    Posts
    82
    So - what is ya'lls review for someone who has never touched ME1 or ME2. *I enjoy well-done RPGs AND Action-RPGS as well. *I tend to not always get into scifip/space games and am more into fantasy but at the same time if a game is solid and enjoyable then its good all around. *Ivee been gaming *since Appple 2C days so Ive pllayed a LOT of games of all types.

    My like/dislike history:

    I love Elder Scroll games. *(especially Daggerfall and Skyrim)
    I loved Dues Ex (original and the new one - Human Revolutions but not the 2nd one ..thaht was crap). *I have not finishe DE:HR though, got sidetracked by Skyrim. *Buut I waas enjoying it far more thann I expected to.
    Loved Bioschock - loved the hell out of that gorgeous game
    I greatly enjoyed Dragon Age 1
    I'm having fun in SW:TOR though its not the most awesome thing either.
    Half-life and Half-life two
    Bunches of FPS, most of them a bit older though (Hexen, Doom(s), Heretic, Halo(s), Quake(s) etc.)

    Dislikes:

    Dragon Age 2 -combat was fun and I liked the easier compainon control; but the loss of all the RPG and exploring stuff and it basically being "all city - zone to quest location - zone back - 10 hours in city - rinse repeat) reallyy burned me out on the gamee and I barely got out of the firrst major city before I quit.
    Survival Horror (hate having to be skipy with ammo, hate dying 253 times to the same thing over and over because Im out of ammo and only have a hammer...)
    Some of the newer - non-fantasy based - FPS (not into CoD or other the more realistic military ones)
    Fallout Series - nevver could get into them and diddnt play them for very long. *Not sure why I really enjoyed the beginning but then got bored fast.

    So Im looking for some highlights and lowlights of how you guys feel about this game as an RPG/story driven game? *Ive NEVER TOUCHED ME1 and ME2 so coming from the perspective of someone with no knolwege about world and no investment in the characters (because I usualy am not into scifi stuff). *Also means Im importing nothing.

    * Does it plot/play/story/engagement more like Dragon Age 2 and the Fallout Series - or more like DA1 and DE:HR??

    The only reason Im even looking at ME3 is due to the mass popularity of the whole series and I thought perhaps it it somehting worth checking out on a purely "hey fun new game!" basis??

    Any advice is appreciated - because I dotn want to blow 60 bucks (I dont do DLC...ever) and get bored in 5 hours.

    (and yes I have read the thread, and got a few solid reviews however not much info as a whole and am looking for some more feedback! before I spend money and waste time away from say..Skryim..LOL)

    Thanks!!
    Koriani - Twin Horizons - MM/BM Huntard of FM
    Karmic - Twin Hoizons - Blood DK of FM

  13. #1033
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    The only reason Im even looking at ME3 is due to the mass popularity of the whole series and I thought perhaps it it somehting worth checking out on a purely "hey fun new game!" basis??

    Any advice is appreciated - because I dotn want to blow 60 bucks (I dont do DLC...ever) and get bored in 5 hours.
    If you are new to the series, I would start with ME1 & ME2 since you can get them cheap and they dont require installing spyware (Origin) to play. Then, you can decide if the issues with ME3 are worth it to you or not.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

    -Kujako-

  14. #1034
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    So - what is ya'lls review for someone who has never touched ME1 or ME2. *I enjoy well-done RPGs AND Action-RPGS as well. *I tend to not always get into scifip/space games and am more into fantasy but at the same time if a game is solid and enjoyable then its good all around. *Ivee been gaming *since Appple 2C days so Ive pllayed a LOT of games of all types.

    My like/dislike history:

    I love Elder Scroll games. *(especially Daggerfall and Skyrim)
    I loved Dues Ex (original and the new one - Human Revolutions but not the 2nd one ..thaht was crap). *I have not finishe DE:HR though, got sidetracked by Skyrim. *Buut I waas enjoying it far more thann I expected to.
    Loved Bioschock - loved the hell out of that gorgeous game
    I greatly enjoyed Dragon Age 1
    I'm having fun in SW:TOR though its not the most awesome thing either.
    Half-life and Half-life two
    Bunches of FPS, most of them a bit older though (Hexen, Doom(s), Heretic, Halo(s), Quake(s) etc.)

    Dislikes:

    Dragon Age 2 -combat was fun and I liked the easier compainon control; but the loss of all the RPG and exploring stuff and it basically being "all city - zone to quest location - zone back - 10 hours in city - rinse repeat) reallyy burned me out on the gamee and I barely got out of the firrst major city before I quit.
    Survival Horror (hate having to be skipy with ammo, hate dying 253 times to the same thing over and over because Im out of ammo and only have a hammer...)
    Some of the newer - non-fantasy based - FPS (not into CoD or other the more realistic military ones)
    Fallout Series - nevver could get into them and diddnt play them for very long. *Not sure why I really enjoyed the beginning but then got bored fast.

    So Im looking for some highlights and lowlights of how you guys feel about this game as an RPG/story driven game? *Ive NEVER TOUCHED ME1 and ME2 so coming from the perspective of someone with no knolwege about world and no investment in the characters (because I usualy am not into scifi stuff). *Also means Im importing nothing.

    * Does it plot/play/story/engagement more like Dragon Age 2 and the Fallout Series - or more like DA1 and DE:HR??

    The only reason Im even looking at ME3 is due to the mass popularity of the whole series and I thought perhaps it it somehting worth checking out on a purely "hey fun new game!" basis??

    Any advice is appreciated - because I dotn want to blow 60 bucks (I dont do DLC...ever) and get bored in 5 hours.

    (and yes I have read the thread, and got a few solid reviews however not much info as a whole and am looking for some more feedback! before I spend money and waste time away from say..Skryim..LOL)

    Thanks!!
    ME3 went the same way DA2 went, but the combat might be fun?
    if you want good story etc like DA:O go for ME1,2.

  15. #1035
    Herald of the Titans Yakobro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,631
    Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    Most ME3 conversations are like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x354h...ature=youtu.be
    Most ME1 conversations are like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2sZb...ature=youtu.be
    (ME2 is pretty much the same as ME1)

    yes, they removed the RPG part of the game.
    also find it funny that ME1 has the best PC controls out of the ME games.
    My shep said different things...

    Looks like it changes the auto selected things on paragon/renegade level

    ---------- Post added 2012-03-08 at 06:16 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    If you are new to the series, I would start with ME1 & ME2 since you can get them cheap and they dont require installing spyware (Origin) to play. Then, you can decide if the issues with ME3 are worth it to you or not.
    And origin really isn't spyware...

    Look for anything in the EULA that steam doesn't have.

  16. #1036
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    And origin really isn't spyware...

    Look for anything in the EULA that steam doesn't have.
    There's a fair amount that's different. Steam for example does not monitor everything you run and collect it for marketing purposes. I will grant that Origin is not spyware, but only because they tell you what its going to do and you agree to it.

    "You agree that EA may collect, use, store and transmit technical and related information that identifies your computer (including the Internet Protocol Address), operating system, Application usage (including but not limited to successful installation and/or removal), software, software usage and peripheral hardware, that may be gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, dynamically served content, product support and other services to you, including online services. EA may also use this information combined with personal information for marketing purposes and to improve our products and services. We may also share that data with our third party service providers in a form that does not personally identify you. IF YOU DO NOT WANT EA TO COLLECT, USE, STORE, TRANSMIT OR DISPLAY THE DATA DESCRIBED IN THIS SECTION, PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL OR USE THE APPLICATION. This and all other data provided to EA and/or collected by EA in connection with your installation and use of this Application is collected, used, stored and transmitted in accordance with EA’s Privacy Policy located at www.ea.com. To the extent that anything in this section conflicts with the terms of EA’s Privacy Policy, the terms of the Privacy Policy shall control."

    There is simply no reason EA needs that much information about me inorder for me to play a video game. Steam by contrast only looks at things that are related to the operation of Steam. They dont monitor my hardware peripherals or non-Steam software.
    Last edited by Kujako; 2012-03-08 at 06:27 PM.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

    -Kujako-

  17. #1037
    Herald of the Titans Yakobro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    There's a fair amount that's different. Steam for example does not monitor everything you run and collect it for marketing purposes. I will grant that Origin is not spyware, but only because they tell you what its going to do and you agree to it.

    "You agree that EA may collect, use, store and transmit technical and related information that identifies your computer (including the Internet Protocol Address), operating system, Application usage (including but not limited to successful installation and/or removal), software, software usage and peripheral hardware, that may be gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, dynamically served content, product support and other services to you, including online services. EA may also use this information combined with personal information for marketing purposes and to improve our products and services. We may also share that data with our third party service providers in a form that does not personally identify you. IF YOU DO NOT WANT EA TO COLLECT, USE, STORE, TRANSMIT OR DISPLAY THE DATA DESCRIBED IN THIS SECTION, PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL OR USE THE APPLICATION. This and all other data provided to EA and/or collected by EA in connection with your installation and use of this Application is collected, used, stored and transmitted in accordance with EA’s Privacy Policy located at www.ea.com. To the extent that anything in this section conflicts with the terms of EA’s Privacy Policy, the terms of the Privacy Policy shall control."

    There is simply no reason EA needs that much information about me inorder for me to play a video game. Steam by contrast only looks at things that are related to the operation of Steam. They dont monitor my hardware peripherals or non-Steam software.
    http://www.valvesoftware.com/privacy.html
    "Aggregate information" is information that describes the habits, usage patterns, and demographics of users as a group but does not describe or reveal the identity of any particular user.
    Pretty vague.

    http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/
    Says it's optional, can't see privacy settings anywhere. Which means you probably have to call them up and ask not to be included, and everyone looks deep/cares enough to do that.

  18. #1038
    Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    this game is probably getting a lot of downvoting bcuz it's not a "mass effect" game, they have removed more than ~50% of the conversation options, which was the biggest feature of ME, YOU WERE SHEPARD

    now you're pretty much just watching shepard, so in a sense, they pretty much did another DA2

    yes, it's a great game but it's not a "Mass effect" game, which pisses off a lot of people
    The things is the choices were just filler. They were there to make it feel like you chose more than you actually were, while most of the time the different choices didn't make a difference at all. The choices in ME3, even the minor ones, make some sort of impact.

    ---------- Post added 2012-03-08 at 07:53 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Sqeez View Post

    Plot holes and lore foul ups. (The one I remember particularly was when joker states that "the stealth systems are engaged and we're dropping out of FTL now", in ME1 it was said that this was impossible and that jumping in and out of FLT makes the ship light up on sensors, I vaguely remember adams saying that jumping to FTL with the stealth systems engaged would destroy the ship. Maybe the SR2 fixed that problem) really detracts from the game as a whole. I mean if you ignore them or don't care so much for the consistency then the gameplay is fine, the voice acting is typical bioware hit and miss. The writing is horrible for some parts and really well done for others (The characters.)
    Don't start talking about plotholes if you don't know they are plotholes or not. Normandy 2 is a much better ship than the first.

  19. #1039
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    The things is the choices were just filler. They were there to make it feel like you chose more than you actually were, while most of the time the different choices didn't make a difference at all. The choices in ME3, even the minor ones, make some sort of impact.[COLOR="red"]
    which is very important for shepard to be "your" shepard, a meanie/nice/neutral character.
    which the 2 first games was about, they made ME3 a turn around, same with DA2

    also the same thing with splinter cell:conviction but that doesnt have anything to do with this
    Last edited by jonte912; 2012-03-08 at 07:04 PM.

  20. #1040
    Old God Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    10,410
    tomorrow can't come soon enough....can't even play it till like 2pm got to give a presentation tomorrow nice reward for giving it though lol :S

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •