1. #1061
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandoh View Post
    this is still amazing so far. i dont see how bad the ending could possibly be....but i guess i on't know what some people are capable of.
    Had I not finished the game, I would have said the same thing.

  2. #1062
    Scarab Lord Blznsmri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,057
    Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post
    Had I not finished the game, I would have said the same thing.
    I don't mind the ending at all, I don't see what other people's problems are.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

  3. #1063
    I really like that memorial they added in the Normandy.

  4. #1064
    Scarab Lord namelessone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    4,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandoh View Post
    this is still amazing so far. i dont see how bad the ending could possibly be....but i guess i on't know what some people are capable of.
    I read that the ending will be bad. I prepared for it emotionally, I said my last farewells and I was honestly expecting my entire crew and Sheppard to die.
    Let me tell you, NOTHING prepared me to the ending that actually happened.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

  5. #1065
    Stood in the Fire d0e1ow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    393
    I just finished it and got the "best" ending. I.e.: the one that required the highest military strength. I don't see why everyone has such an issue with it. lol

    To each their own I suppose.

  6. #1066
    I keep hearing a lot about this "NG+ Secret Ending" with will only show up when you end the game a second time by importing a character from mass effect 3 itself (in other words, finishing twice with the same character). But I searched around and no one seems to have a clear answer about it...

    Gathering my strength to finishing the game once again... those endings really fucked me up >.<

  7. #1067
    Warchief Kaelwryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    2,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    I don't mind the ending at all, I don't see what other people's problems are.
    I'm with you. I think there's nothing wrong with the ending at all but meh, as was said by another to each their own.

  8. #1068
    Brewmaster Aveline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right here.
    Posts
    1,409
    Boohohoo, I didn't get my Mass Effect 3 a day early like I was hoping to. I god damn hope the mail will deliver it to me today. I seriously can't wait to start playing it. *puts on a gaming face*

    | RAGE. HATE. FEAR. | Sig by Shyama <3 |

  9. #1069
    I just unlocked 'Tali' in Muliplayer

    Defense Turret, Incinerate, and Cryo? I'm going to level her up when I get home

  10. #1070
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,194
    I'll skip complaining about the ending for a second and ramble about something else:

    Does anyone else feel that the Biotic Charge + Nova combination as a Vanguard is, eh, a bit too good? :P

    My Shepard = Only shotgun equipped, 1 teammate with extra squad power regen = No cooldown at all on biotic charge.
    Couple that with shield strength boosting armor and literally all I had to do was charge + nova = AOE instakill everything except the tougher mobs (geth primes, banshees etc), but since I had no real cooldown on charge I could just do it over and over again. Everything, no matter how tough a mob, was dead after max 3 novas, and you're invulnerable while charging so I pretty much couldn't die.

    All the charging around makes you a bit dizzy but I went through many missions where I literally didn't fire a single shot. I did play on normal difficulty so idk, maybe it doesn't work as well on harder difficulties but still, I felt a bit OP.

    EDIT: This is basically what I'm talking about, but I had an even faster recharge speed and did alot more dmg than this guy.

    Last edited by Shakadam; 2012-03-09 at 07:27 AM.

  11. #1071
    The Lightbringer Collegeguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    3,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    I don't mind the ending at all, I don't see what other people's problems are.
    I think their problem is that it's not an ending. It tells you nothing and it ends nothing.

    You walk away knowing less about the ME universe than you would if you never played the games.
    Not the way you should end a trilogy.

    Some people think the unknown is philosophical, inspiring, and artistic, while others think it's cheap, cliche, and annoying.
    Who is wrong or right probably isn't the question. The real question is that how you want to end a game like Mass Effect with so many imported choices and characters, and customers who want to actually know how that universe ends.

  12. #1072
    Scarab Lord Blznsmri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Some people think the unknown is philosophical, inspiring, and artistic, while others think it's cheap, cliche, and annoying.
    Who is wrong or right probably isn't the question. The real question is that how you want to end a game like Mass Effect with so many imported choices and characters, and customers who want to actually know how that universe ends.
    It doesn't end though, life goes on, Earth is saved, the reapers are stopped and if you brought enough people along (and achieved full readiness) everyone was pretty much saved, sure the mass relays are destroyed, but they have a means to rebuild. The ultimate goal was to save organic life in the galaxy above all else, mission accomplished. Besides, the first three Mass Effects were Shepard's stories (kinda like master chief in halo), there's nothing saying that BW wont revisit the Mass Effect universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

  13. #1073
    The Lightbringer Collegeguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    3,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    It doesn't end though, life goes on, Earth is saved, the reapers are stopped and if you brought enough people along (and achieved full readiness) everyone was pretty much saved, sure the mass relays are destroyed, but they have a means to rebuild. The ultimate goal was to save organic life in the galaxy above all else, mission accomplished. Besides, the first three Mass Effects were Shepard's stories (kinda like master chief in halo), there's nothing saying that BW wont revisit the Mass Effect universe.
    Earth is saved, life goes on, but let's face it, the outcomes of Earth have the least amount of effect on people who played the game for 4 or 5 years. Especially when you consider that you never were there in the first two games.

    Sure, you know more about the Reapers, but the universe in general is a big wash bucket of Cambell's Alphabet Soup. All other things are complete conjecture. People have been arguing back and forth about what happened to the characters in the universe or what happens to the ME universe in general, and that's really where the content interaction was. So it is completely understandable that people would walk away feeling unhappy that they know nothing about how it really ended, or feel cheated that it was a great rollercoaster with a less than satisfying end all for artistic reasoning.

  14. #1074
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    558
    you do get to know about the stuff in the ending after the credits.

    a few hundred years later a old man tells a child a story about shepard who deafeted the reapers and made normandy(no one knows WHY normandy was in the relay "paths" when they blew up, they were also quite a few relays away from the Sol system, since many relays had allready blown up when the green/blue/red thing catches up to them) crashland on the planet they are standing on and they still haven't made any spaceships

  15. #1075
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevvy88 View Post
    I just finished it and got the "best" ending. I.e.: the one that required the highest military strength. I don't see why everyone has such an issue with it. lol

    To each their own I suppose.
    I enjoyed it to. I'm happy with the direction they went in it. It reminds me of the end of the more recent dune books. The entire game also has a star control 2 flavor to it as well. Strong note to end the series on.

  16. #1076
    I am Murloc! Xuvial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,026
    I don't know if this has been already mentioned (it probably has) but for those like me who were getting sick/nauseous from the stupidly low FoV, here's the fix:
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2584112

    I could play ME2 for 8+ hours without a hitch, but just 1 hour of ME3 is enough to make me start feeling dizzy. Well done Bioware. I suppose the low FoV was aimed at consoles so they didn't have to render too much of the screen without exploding. And also the 2-3 graphics settings we get to change, amazing stuff!
    Another cock-up thanks to the plague that is consoles, and another fix presented by the PC community. Now I'll just be waiting for the high-res texture pack that will be created by the (PC) modding community at some point
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-03-09 at 10:05 AM.

  17. #1077
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    I'll skip complaining about the ending for a second and ramble about something else:

    Does anyone else feel that the Biotic Charge + Nova combination as a Vanguard is, eh, a bit too good? :P

    My Shepard = Only shotgun equipped, 1 teammate with extra squad power regen = No cooldown at all on biotic charge.
    Couple that with shield strength boosting armor and literally all I had to do was charge + nova = AOE instakill everything except the tougher mobs (geth primes, banshees etc), but since I had no real cooldown on charge I could just do it over and over again. Everything, no matter how tough a mob, was dead after max 3 novas, and you're invulnerable while charging so I pretty much couldn't die.

    All the charging around makes you a bit dizzy but I went through many missions where I literally didn't fire a single shot. I did play on normal difficulty so idk, maybe it doesn't work as well on harder difficulties but still, I felt a bit OP.

    EDIT: This is basically what I'm talking about, but I had an even faster recharge speed and did alot more dmg than this guy.
    My first playthrough was Infiltrator on Insanity. It was quite easy,wasn't even fun.

    Then i tried vanguard on insanity. Some places are absolutely impossible. You die within 1.5 seconds after you charge in. If you nova after charge you die instantly.
    I had to give up the Insanity achievement after i gave up after 1.5 hours of wiping at one place.

  18. #1078
    I am Murloc! Xuvial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,026
    IMO hardcore in ME3 should've been the "normal" baseline difficulty. Hardcore in ME2 was mostly playable except for a couple of encounters which were...well, a massive pain to get through. I only tried the first couple of missions on Insanity in ME2 and didn't bother to continue because I was no longer having fun :P

    But yeah, difficulty in ME3 has been watered down. Also, squadmates in ME3 seem to be drastically more resilient, but I feel that was kinda needed. I remember in ME2 I had to keep Miranda on an incredibly short leash because at the first sign of enemies she would run ahead out of cover (what are you going to do with that pistol honey?) and die in 0.5 seconds.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-03-09 at 11:24 AM.

  19. #1079
    Plot Holes Ahoy!

    Anyone remember what they said happens when a Mass Relay is destroyed in ME1? The entire System is destroyed along with it. That menas that when you kill the Reapers and all Synthesis life, EDI, the Geth, etc. you also kill everyone on the Citadel and any system close to a Mass Relay which is just about everyone in the known universe. Congratulations you've done the Reapers job for them. Also didn't the Catalyst mention anyone like Shepard who had Synthesis based mechanics in them would die as well? How come "this" is the only ending in which Shepard "survives"?
    Last edited by Vlisa; 2012-03-09 at 11:41 AM.
    How did the proto-plankton solve the math problem?

    "Algae"-braically of course!
    All proceeds/awards/hate-mail for avatar go to Michael Vega and his character Jam!

  20. #1080
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    . And also the 2-3 graphics settings we get to change, amazing stuff!
    You know theirs a config utility right? with more options than just the on presented in the game? It would be nice if people looked for themselves instead of posting nonsense on the internet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •