Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    You know theirs a config utility right? with more options than just the on presented in the game? It would be nice if people looked for themselves instead of posting nonsense on the internet.
    I'm aware of that, because if you looked a few posts above you would notice the FoV fix I posted. I'm just annoyed that Bioware are too scared to add the options in game as if they think we're mentally handicapped children who might break something due to being overwhelmed with too many options.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I'm aware of that, because if you looked a few posts above you would notice the FoV fix I posted. I'm just annoyed that Bioware are too scared to add the options in game as if they think we're mentally handicapped children who might break something due to being overwhelmed with too many options.
    Interesting. They give you the best of both worlds but it's still not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    You know theirs a config utility right? with more options than just the on presented in the game? It would be nice if people looked for themselves instead of posting nonsense on the internet.
    http://i.imgur.com/kx1lp.png

Hardly detailed, half the textures were better in ME1.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post

Ya, I am more or less wondering why ME2 looked much better graphically than ME3 does.

In the context of what's offered in the in game menu it is. That's the discussion that was being had. You can make an argument that it's not a wide range of stuff for you to screw around with in general but I'm not making that case.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisa View Post
    Anyone remember what they said happens when a Mass Relay is destroyed in ME1? The entire System is destroyed along with it. That menas that when you kill the Reapers and all Synthesis life, EDI, the Geth, etc. you also kill everyone on the Citadel and any system close to a Mass Relay which is just about everyone in the known universe. Congratulations you've done the Reapers job for them. Also didn't the Catalyst mention anyone like Shepard who had Synthesis based mechanics in them would die as well? How come "this" is the only ending in which Shepard "survives"?
    In Arrival, you physically destroyed a Mass Relay, at the end, you just overload them and shut them down.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Ya, I am more or less wondering why ME2 looked much better graphically than ME3 does.
    I can partly understand why it looks worse than ME2 (ME2 had far fewer sceneries etc, there are more locations in ME3) but I saw some of the textures and wondered how they ever got in... especially backgrounds.

Direct comparison of Presidium celing.

ME1 (without forcing AA): http://i.imgur.com/biYW5.jpg
    ME3 max settings: http://i.imgur.com/oBy4w.jpg

The worst one is probably a smoke cloud about 10feet from the path in the commons once the citadel is attacked...
    It's 2D, gets visibly flatter as you move to the side and is just ugly http://i.imgur.com/tDpmb.jpg (yes those are the real colours on everything, no jpg issues)

Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    you do get to know about the stuff in the ending after the credits.

a few hundred years later a old man tells a child a story about shepard who deafeted the reapers and made normandy(no one knows WHY normandy was in the relay "paths" when they blew up, they were also quite a few relays away from the Sol system, since many relays had allready blown up when the green/blue/red thing catches up to them) crashland on the planet they are standing on and they still haven't made any spaceships
    When I say the ME universe, I really mean that and the characters in it as well because that is included in lore. Nobody really knows what happens with any of them once they finish ME3. A lot of people assume they die once getting stranded on the planet. Others assume they might find a way off. Not to mention the gap between, or why people magically teleport onto the normandy.

Some random grandpa telling the story just makes it worse and even more vague. Shepard could be some myth people talk about after civilization collapses if it collapses. A true, genuine epilogue would have been better much better than grandpa. Could have been done with a paragraph of text instead of a snow covered, space scene. Once again, you walk away knowing less about the outcome than you do before you bought it.

Willing to bet anything that they made the end they way the did so that it would be insanely easy for them to market other material, products, or dlc's that either give you the epilogue or have bonus material to find out the epilogue.

I can see why people are unhappy with the ending (Just finished it on Insanity) but I didn't mind it so much. Atleast it was a decently long game too, took just over 18 hours to finish for me.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

I can partly understand why it looks worse than ME2 (ME2 had far fewer sceneries etc, there are more locations in ME3) but I saw some of the textures and wondered how they ever got in... especially backgrounds.

Direct comparison of Presidium celing.

ME1 (without forcing AA): http://i.imgur.com/biYW5.jpg
    ME3 max settings: http://i.imgur.com/oBy4w.jpg
    Oh, god. Bring back Colossus armor please. K, thanks, bye.

The worst one is probably a smoke cloud about 10feet from the path in the commons once the citadel is attacked...
    It's 2D, gets visibly flatter as you move to the side and is just ugly http://i.imgur.com/tDpmb.jpg (yes those are the real colours on everything, no jpg issues)
    I never bash Bioware like many of the people on BSN do on a daily basis, but there are clear of signs of incompetence in certain departments or management from ME3. The import problems that people had is one of them, and the fact the Bioware pretends that know one knew about it. If that was true, you would have to claim that no one at their company plays the video games they make. What a sad direction the gaming industry has gone in if that was true.

I think they just rushed a deadline, cut corners to compensate in certain areas. Oh well, it could be Diablo 3 where we wait forever.

Way to consolise! (which is ridiculous, ME1 was originally a 360 exclusive)
    ME3 config files on the left, ME1 on the right.

Haha, nice line in the ME1 config: FOVAngle=90.000000

Hitler isn't to happy about the Mass Effect Ending - (SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS IN THE VIDEO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qYm738hq1o

But seriously I LOVED the game ... The gameplay felt; Smooth, Polished, Refined, and well, PERFECT ... Weapons had some customization whilst not being completely over complicated .. Abilities went off Without a Hitch (For me Anyway) ... The Melee Changes were FANTASTIC, Playing a Vanguard was Incredible.

Story was AAAAAAAAAMAZING ... I expected things to get Heated ... But WOW ... So much happened that I never expected .. I cried SO many times, thank god i'm a nerd or else I would be ashamed of myself over how much I cried. There was many Happy Tears there as well! I laughed heaps ... I clapped ... I felt angry and certain things .... Never in my life has a Game caused me to become to emotionally invested ... Hell there's only 1 movie (Trilogy) I've ever watched that I've had similar emotions for and that was Lord of the Rings.

But the Ending .. It was just so bad it's not easy to forget that kind of bullshit ... I can still respect Mass Effect 3 as being one Hell of a Fucking Brilliant game .. I would give it 10/10 in a Heartbeat if it wasn't for how it ended .... But yea .. Here's hoping to some DLC*That can fix the ending and give us something different other then Dead Shep, Dead Shep, Relays Gone, Everyone stuck in the Sol System ect... Was just so Frustrating to see it end so stupidly

When I say the ME universe, I really mean that and the characters in it as well because that is included in lore. Nobody really knows what happens with any of them once they finish ME3. A lot of people assume they die once getting stranded on the planet. Others assume they might find a way off. Not to mention the gap between, or why people magically teleport onto the normandy.

Some random grandpa telling the story just makes it worse and even more vague. Shepard could be some myth people talk about after civilization collapses if it collapses. A true, genuine epilogue would have been better much better than grandpa. Could have been done with a paragraph of text instead of a snow covered, space scene. Once again, you walk away knowing less about the outcome than you do before you bought it.

Willing to bet anything that they made the end they way the did so that it would be insanely easy for them to market other material, products, or dlc's that either give you the epilogue or have bonus material to find out the epilogue.
    To the Normandy thing: I believe they get back on the Normandy when Hammer "fails" to get to the beam to the Citadel. You hear Coats in the background yelling for everyone to pull back. That's why they are on the Normandy when they crash land. That's just my guess though.

installling...origin is a big pile of poop...

1. insert disk
    2. run autorun
    3. click install button
    4. login to origin
    5. cannot connect to origin
    6. reset password
    7. enter new password
    8. cannot connect to origin
    9. wait 10min
    10. login to origin
    11.enter product key
    12. re-enter product key with - between each section and in caps
    13. you can now start downloading mass effect 3 appears
    14. click mass effect 3
    15. starts downloading with no alternative available
    16. presses cancel
    17. close origin
    18. open origin
    19. get same download option
    20. restart computer
    21. login to origin
    22. select install path option appears
    23. selects install path
    24. doesn't update amount of space available in new location
    25. accept agreement
    26. start install
    27. wait
    28. unable to complete installation message
    29. restart origin
    30. restart installation
    31. wait
    32. currently on this step -.-'
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2012-03-09 at 03:26 PM.

Mechagnome

I'm guessing they don't get off the planet since the planet they get stranded on is the same planet grandpa and grandson is on after the credits

well, unless the planet isn't deserted and it allready have humans on it then I guess they could have gotten off it.
    Last edited by jonte912; 2012-03-09 at 05:28 PM.

Things I dislike:

- no film grain
    - cutscenes every 5 minutes
    - combat not as good as ME2

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisa View Post
    Plot Holes Ahoy!

Also didn't the Catalyst mention anyone like Shepard who had Synthesis based mechanics in them would die as well? How come "this" is the only ending in which Shepard "survives"?
    This is the one that really confused me. Though..
    I had 5000 resources and chose the right option and everything and it still looked like my femshep died. The thing explodes on her, then the citadel exploded. So, I'm not really sure how she survives after that.

By the way, have you guys found the space hamster where Jack used to be in Mass Effect 2?
    It's quite hard to spot, but if you catch him you can keep him in your room xP

Just sharing =P

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    installling...origin is a big pile of poop...

1. insert disk
    2. run autorun
    3. click install button
    4. login to origin
    5. cannot connect to origin
    6. reset password
    7. enter new password
    8. cannot connect to origin
    9. wait 10min
    10. login to origin
    11.enter product key
    12. re-enter product key with - between each section and in caps
    13. you can now start downloading mass effect 3 appears
    14. click mass effect 3
    15. starts downloading with no alternative available
    16. presses cancel
    17. close origin
    18. open origin
    19. get same download option
    20. restart computer
    21. login to origin
    22. select install path option appears
    23. selects install path
    24. doesn't update amount of space available in new location
    25. accept agreement
    26. start install
    27. wait
    28. unable to complete installation message
    29. restart origin
    30. restart installation
    31. wait
    32. currently on this step -.-'
    Didn't have any of these problems whatsoever. Didn't have Origin open - put disc in, autorun started and it then opened Origin. Asked for key (input as written, since it didn't have seperate boxes nor did it auto-insert dashes, so correctly figured I'd have to enter them). Installer started copying files, asked for second disc, and was then complete.

Only issue? I couldn't select an option to install to a seperate path due to downloading Kingdoms of Amalur demo at the same time (since I saw it on the included flyer, I started the download when Origin opened).

Just finished the game and goddamn i'll be pissing rainbows for a week after that spectacle.
    Gotta say oneshotting cerberus soldiers with the m99 saber was pretty damn cool, all that force combined with a 12 round magazine and a decent rate of fire.
    The ending was sad not bad and all the dead throughout the whole game just added to the experience and even though it would've been cool to be superman and save everyone even shepard has his limits.
    also fucking stubborn quarians refusing to seize fire on the geth and getting themselves wiped out which caused tali, my romance option to kill herself aswell