Quote Originally Posted by Two Sheds View Post

also fucking stubborn quarians refusing to seize fire on the geth and getting themselves wiped out which caused tali, my romance option to kill herself aswell
    You probably know this already but in case you don't if you do things differently you can change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    You probably know this already but in case you don't if you do things differently you can change that.
    yeah just picked the lesser of the 2 evils

Quote Originally Posted by Two Sheds View Post
    yeah just picked the lesser of the 2 evils
    You can actually get the two to work together.

Act 3 gave my boner a boner.

Ending was a little bit of a let down, but still interesting enough.

time for play through #2...Insanity Vanguard! Who's with me?!

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisa View Post
    Also didn't the Catalyst mention anyone like Shepard who had Synthesis based mechanics in them would die as well? How come "this" is the only ending in which Shepard "survives"?
    Actually, the result of this is foreshadowed during an earlier conversation with EDI. EDI is making some comments about a discussion regarding sentients who have had part or all of their minds replaced by synthetic components. Shepard asks is that applies to him/her because of what Cerberus did. EDI says "That would be telling... that's a joke. You're still human."
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    You can actually get the two to work together.
    oh what have i done

Just finished (without full galactic readiness %) but all missions completed. The journey was way better than the end. I fought so hard through 3 games to secure the lives of squad mates for what reason again?

I enjoyed the philosophical ending but it leaves much to be desired and negates even working as hard as I did on squad lives.

I am seeing a lot of conflicting story lines from my ME2 game and also so far the character interaction with your squad mates is less interactive in ME3. The stories dont line up and when you meet characters again that are not part of your main squad ( like your relationships with tali or how you acted with miranda ) are nonexistent. When I finish ME3 I am going to go back and finish my latest ME2 playthrough and double check myself but im severely disappointed in how your "friends" act when you meet up with them again. Ashleys conversations are as interactive as that of Kasumi's in ME2... no interaction whatsoever. Maybe I did something wrong and will pass final judgement on it my second time through. Also udina wasn't suppose to be councilor in my games and it offered no explination as to why he was in charge and not anderson. My playthrough shep says " I got you this position " and im sitting here thinking oh hell no I didn't
    ALSO- I played all the DLC of ME2 and so far Ive met up with the Geth that had Sheps N7 armor piece and that doctor archer or w/e it just makes me mad that my story the way I played it and its like all these people I encountered Got the red beam from will smith and tommy lee jones ( MIB...lol)
    Last edited by tru; 2012-03-09 at 10:17 PM. Reason: rant
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    I am seeing a lot of conflicting story lines from my ME2 game and also so far the character interaction with your squad mates is less interactive in ME3. The stories dont line up and when you meet characters again that are not part of your main squad ( like your relationships with tali or how you acted with miranda ) are nonexistent. When I finish ME3 I am going to go back and finish my latest ME2 playthrough and double check myself but im severely disappointed in how your "friends" act when you meet up with them again. Ashleys conversations are as interactive as that of Kasumi's in ME2... no interaction whatsoever. Maybe I did something wrong and will pass final judgement on it my second time through. Also udina wasn't suppose to be councilor in my games and it offered no explination as to why he was in charge and not anderson. My playthrough shep says " I got you this position " and im sitting here thinking oh hell no I didn't
    ALSO- I played all the DLC of ME2 and so far Ive met up with the Geth that had Sheps N7 armor piece and that doctor archer or w/e it just makes me mad that my story the way I played it and its like all these people I encountered Got the red beam from will smith and tommy lee jones ( MIB...lol)
    I haven't noticed any mistakes like that, but I am agitated at how they decided to streamline renegade and paragon together to save time. I realize the series is in a different context because people are dieing all around you, but having renegade shep act out of character wasn't my cup of tea. It was awkward. They reduced the total amount of dialogue options and when you do that we inadvertently merge them together. A part of me wants to just be happy that I have ME3, another part of me wants to say wtf Bioware? Do you even care?

I own and played many hours and characters on ME1 and ME2. Naturally i was very positive and eager to play ME3, but i needed a hint on what i will be expecting.
    So, I went on Youtube and saw many vids about gameplay and story progression from the start. The Earth and Mars game play and the Turian world game play and story were awesome. I saw few glimpses of the Geth and Quarrian story, enough to satisfy me. I also saw some parts of the announced DLC, very promising.
    I was very excited and hyped for the game, and i said to myself to go to the nearest shop to buy it. But before this i was intrigued by a vid that showed the "bad" ending, and i saw it. After that i saw another "not so bad" ending.
    Meh, my hype was over and my excitement was gone. I went to the official Bioware forums where the large majority of posters flame Bioware for delivering a crappy ending and asking for more ending options in the form of a DLC (a free one they ask).
    Allthough i havent played the game myself, after all those i have seen (and some i have read) i have absolutely (Bioware phrase lol) no intent to buy ME3 at its current ending state. I agree that the story up to the finale and the game play may be worth the purchase but the endings are spoiling the 3 games fun for me.
    I hope that they ll be awake in Edmonton.

anyone care to explain the synthesis ending? what do they mean by co-existence? reaper style half human half twat or just living happily ever after with each other?

ot:
    game was awesome except for endings. terrible way to end the best scifi game story of all time
    Last edited by Hurpderp; 2012-03-09 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonetheless View Post
    I own and played many hours and characters on ME1 and ME2. Naturally i was very positive and eager to play ME3, but i needed a hint on what i will be expecting.
    So, I went on Youtube and saw many vids about gameplay and story progression from the start. The Earth and Mars game play and the Turian world game play and story were awesome. I saw few glimpses of the Geth and Quarrian story, enough to satisfy me. I also saw some parts of the announced DLC, very promising.
    I was very excited and hyped for the game, and i said to myself to go to the nearest shop to buy it. But before this i was intrigued by a vid that showed the "bad" ending, and i saw it. After that i saw another "not so bad" ending.
    Meh, my hype was over and my excitement was gone. I went to the official Bioware forums where the large majority of posters flame Bioware for delivering a crappy ending and asking for more ending options in the form of a DLC (a free one they ask).
    Allthough i havent played the game myself, after all those i have seen (and some i have read) i have absolutely (Bioware phrase lol) no intent to buy ME3 at its current ending state. I agree that the story up to the finale and the game play may be worth the purchase but the endings are spoiling the 3 games fun for me.
    I hope that they ll be awake in Edmonton.
    Much like you I spent many hours on the first 2 games completing everything and in my games I have everyone alive. I worked really hard for completion and companions.

In ME3 you see them all and get some good lore (especially from the DLC) but all in all the choices I made and people I saved in the first 2 games really didn't change anything in the end. They leave you with no explanation of anyone but like 3 people and that's pretty crappy.

The philosophical ending after the credits is cool and leaves DLCs open but in all honesty they should have worked harder on incorporating the people I worked so hard on bringing along with me. That is why I hated the ending. Not the ending in it's entirety, or the journey - those were all awesome. Just the lack of information about those I cared about throughout the entire trilogy.

In layman terms - Y U NO TELL ME WTF HAPPENED TO MY JACK?

By the way, does someone know how can i upgrade weapons to 6-10?
    I do have it upgraded to 5, but there's an achievement saying "upgrade a weapon to 10"

Quote Originally Posted by Hurpderp View Post
    anyone care to explain the synthesis ending? what do they mean by co-existence? reaper style half human half twat or just living happily ever after with each other?
    Spoilers tags would have been nice but I guess there's probably enough already untagged in the thread .. And I feel obligated to answer your Question..

Yes, Think of it like Geth ... It would be like the entire Universe is now full of Geth ... Except they would have the brain of a Human ... I think of it like the Brain of a Human in Ideals and Values except they would have perfect Unity, they would never rebel against each other or cause harm .. There would ultimately be peace throughout the Galaxy... Except of course that option requires everyone you know and everything you did getting Destroyed to create the new Universal Race.

Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    Spoilers tags would have been nice but I guess there's probably enough already untagged in the thread .. And I feel obligated to answer your Question..

Yes, Think of it like Geth ... It would be like the entire Universe is now full of Geth ... Except they would have the brain of a Human ... I think of it like the Brain of a Human in Ideals and Values except they would have perfect Unity, they would never rebel against each other or cause harm .. There would ultimately be peace throughout the Galaxy... Except of course that option requires everyone you know and everything you did getting Destroyed to create the new Universal Race.
    actually... thats a very inaccurate example. its more a fusion of both synthetic and organic qualities. like iron man's extremus upgrade, you are beyond cyborg.

and its not just one race, they're all techno-organic. krogan, turian, salarian, quarian, asari, human, etc. are all techno-organic as differant as they were organic.
    Last edited by mordale; 2012-03-09 at 11:06 PM.

Lol, I laughed so hard when I beat the crap out of that news lady at the Citadel.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    actually... thats a very inaccurate example. its more a fusion of both synthetic and organic qualities. like iron man's extremus upgrade, you are beyond cyborg.

and its not just one race, they're all techno-organic. krogan, turian, salarian, quarian, asari, human, etc. are all techno-organic as differant as they were organic.
    the plants too! don't forget the plants...

Anyone know if it's possible to subscribe only to the multiplayer game? But not buy the main game? I liked the demo while it ended. Doesn't seem possible so far but just checking..

I am currently stuck on the citadel with no means of using the elevator and no save for 6 hour yesssss

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post

Hmmm It wasn't the choice I made so perhaps I've forgotten 'Exactly' what the discussion regarding the Choice was and missed something (Which I think I have)

That Ending sounds a little more appealing now TBH ... NOW I understand why people were talking about "Their" ending being a Rip-Off of Deus Ex: HR ... I thought those people were stupid .. But it makes a bit of sense now.