1. #11761
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Renegade Shepard have a menacing undertone if you take control.
    And possibly anti-krogan if wreav is leader and genophage was sabotaged.
    Yea it can go either way. Ascended Daniel Jackson or Anubis. That's the beauty of it though. Control ending shep reflects you being a good guy or a bad guy best I think. Overall theirs a certain degree of irony that (IMHO) TIM was right on the money when he said controlling the repears was the best thing they could do. His motives for doing it were just poor and xenophobic.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-11-20 at 08:08 PM.

  2. #11762
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    His motives for doing it were just poor.
    I disagree.

  3. #11763
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Because i did think you had potential to be a decent person.
    Not anymore.
    Well, shit, if that's what you thought you could've just asked. I could've told you I would never be a decent person.


    I'm glad the DLC wasn't a weapon DLC. As much as I like new toys to murder people with, a new set of costumes to gawk at is refreshing.

  4. #11764
    Elemental Lord Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    8,839
    TIM's only issue was that he was already indoctrinated (that - partial indoctrination - happened long before ME1). Otherwise his plan was solid. Renegade-like.

  5. #11765
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nov 20, 2012
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    New hazard maps available this week are Firebase Dagger and Firebase White

    Volus Mercenary Sentinel is now available as a new Rare card

    Submission Net (Vorcha Engineer)
    - All stats changed to match the Batarian Submission Net

    Challenges
    - Renamed N7 Day Challenge banner title to "Loyalist"

    Arc Pistol
    - Damage multiplier when fully charged increased from 2.0 to 3.0

    Disciple Shotgun
    - Damage increased from [46.3-57.8] to [55.6-69.5]

    Collector SMG
    - Damage increased from [37.4-46.75] to [41.2-51.5]

    Today's balance changes. I beat Nerraw to it? Should I hide?
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

  6. #11766
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    I disagree.
    Xenophobia, Megalomania and the slow corruption of the mind from reaper indoctrination all sound like pretty poor reasoning's to me

  7. #11767
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post
    Today's balance changes. I beat Nerraw to it? Should I hide?
    Figured someone would beat me to it, considering I'm busy with Hitman and Planetside 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  8. #11768
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    the slow corruption of the mind from reaper indoctrination all sound like pretty poor reasoning's to me
    How.. how is that reasoning?
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Xenophobia, Megalomania
    "Xenophobia is a dislike or fear of people from other countries or of that which is foreign or strange."
    Which is actually entirly reasonable.
    Firstly we have the krogan. I belive you are familiar with them.
    Then we have the turians which are known to be the strongest military power in the galaxy.

    Humanity isnt exactly in a safe position.
    So its perfectly reasonable to act to protect and strengthen humanity.

    "Megalomania is a psycho-pathological condition characterized by delusional fantasies of power, relevance, or omnipotence. 'Megalomania is characterized by an inflated sense of self-esteem and overestimation by persons of their powers and beliefs'."
    That doesnt actually fit TIM.
    He was well aware of his limitations, and he was right about controlling the reapers.
    Not to give himself power, but to protect mankind.
    Last edited by Gravath; 2012-11-20 at 09:22 PM.

  9. #11769
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post


    Arc Pistol
    - Damage multiplier when fully charged increased from 2.0 to 3.0
    might be fun

  10. #11770

  11. #11771
    Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,791
    Damn that new heavy armor set for EDI is absolutely brilliant !!! Looks so good. Nice to see that Garrus obtained a set of Terminus assault armor too Liara looks so good in her new outfit.

  12. #11772
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  13. #11773
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,622
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Yea it can go either way. Ascended Daniel Jackson or Anubis. That's the beauty of it though. Control ending shep reflects you being a good guy or a bad guy best I think. Overall theirs a certain degree of irony that (IMHO) TIM was right on the money when he said controlling the repears was the best thing they could do. His motives for doing it were just poor and xenophobic.
    The best part was that I always felt like he had a good idea but couldn't just pick the option for, "I agree now get the f out of my way and let me do it". But yeah his motives were wrong but I like the Idea of control the best because it lets everyone be themselves. Though I would have picked Destroy in a heart beat if the Geth would have lived. It was just to much fun watching the Migrant fleet react to legion in 2 and the stupid Quarians blowing up a Geth Dreadnought to let the geth having a few weeks of peace.

    And I just love the Stargate reference. Who knows maybe there is a chance the Reapers will create a body for Shepard just to get away from him...

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 10:26 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    A little meh. Though Garrus and Shepard do look nice in their armor. EDI doesn't look that nice but it could just be something that doesn't display well in a 2d picture.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  14. #11774
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    How.. how is that reasoning?


    "Xenophobia is a dislike or fear of people from other countries or of that which is foreign or strange."
    Which is actually entirly reasonable.
    Firstly we have the krogan. I belive you are familiar with them.
    Then we have the turians which are known to be the strongest military power in the galaxy.

    Humanity isnt exactly in a safe position.
    So its perfectly reasonable to act to protect and strengthen humanity.

    "Megalomania is a psycho-pathological condition characterized by delusional fantasies of power, relevance, or omnipotence. 'Megalomania is characterized by an inflated sense of self-esteem and overestimation by persons of their powers and beliefs'."
    That doesnt actually fit TIM.
    He was well aware of his limitations, and he was right about controlling the reapers.
    Not to give himself power, but to protect mankind.

    That's clever but not quite accurate. It wasn't about protecting mankind, it was pure racism. Protecting mankind isn't quite an accurate description of what TIM was after I feel. It doesn't cover the whole gamut. Megalomania and species ism fit Tim to the letter T because thats more or less what he was after. It wasn't simple about making sure mankind survives, it was about making sure that mankind RULED. Power corrupts...

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 03:36 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The best part was that I always felt like he had a good idea but couldn't just pick the option for, "I agree now get the f out of my way and let me do it". But yeah his motives were wrong but I like the Idea of control the best because it lets everyone be themselves. Though I would have picked Destroy in a heart beat if the Geth would have lived. It was just to much fun watching the Migrant fleet react to legion in 2 and the stupid Quarians blowing up a Geth Dreadnought to let the geth having a few weeks of peace.

    And I just love the Stargate reference. Who knows maybe there is a chance the Reapers will create a body for Shepard just to get away from him...

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 10:26 PM ----------



    A little meh. Though Garrus and Shepard do look nice in their armor. EDI doesn't look that nice but it could just be something that doesn't display well in a 2d picture.
    I agree. If destroy wasn't so arbitrary and a bit more selective destroy would have been the better ending. Control suggests that shep is the one in power here but that would be interesting one day if they decided shep was to much, over threw him and spit him back out onto a planet somewhere in the skillian verge with no memory of himself or the power he wielded.

  15. #11775
    Herald of the Titans Yakobro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,678
    How to make groups quit at the Mission screen.
    Select volus

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 06:37 AM ----------

    Non-carried plat to shush gravath

    Actually easier than gold in some ways, the totally stupid people seem to avoid plat.

  16. #11776
    Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,791
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    That's clever but not quite accurate. It wasn't about protecting mankind, it was pure racism. Protecting mankind isn't quite an accurate description of what TIM was after I feel. It doesn't cover the whole gamut. Megalomania and species ism fit Tim to the letter T because thats more or less what he was after. It wasn't simple about making sure mankind survives, it was about making sure that mankind RULED. Power corrupts...

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 03:36 AM ----------



    I agree. If destroy wasn't so arbitrary and a bit more selective destroy would have been the better ending. Control suggests that shep is the one in power here but that would be interesting one day if they decided shep was to much, over threw him and spit him back out onto a planet somewhere in the skillian verge with no memory of himself or the power he wielded.
    Well I do think that it started out as protecting mankind but that changed to pure racism after TIM got indoctrinated by that artifact he found during the first contact war. You know TIM saw how the Turians treated humanity when they first encountered them namely with war. So that means that he had a solid reasoning behind his plan to ascend and protect humanity. Well over time his indoctrination got worse and worse and so did his motives.

    This can be seen if you compare TIM in ME2 and ME3. In ME3 he really lost his mind after the reapers showed up. He was basically like Saren in ME1 he was just a pawn to the reapers by that time. In ME2 he was not that crazy.

    To the control ending: Well I think it is a bit risky for the galaxy to keep the reapers around with Shepard as mastermind. Of course a 100% paragon Shep might protect the races permanently but a Shepard that is a bit more renegade might change his mind or start to get too tyrannical. This could lead to another war with the Reapers or even an overthrown Shepard.

    I don´t know but I would not feel save when those Reapers are still around. I mean when you choose synthesis they have absolutely no intention left to do anything bad but if Shepard controls them then they basically still do what Shep tells them to do. If he orders them to attack the Krogans or stuff then they do it.

  17. #11777
    I love how you argue that destroy is a lesser choice because it destroys.
    Its renegade-red just because you get to suckerpunch the reapers and the entire galaxy.
    Its actually the only way you get to finish what you set out to do - destroy the reapers like you told TIM oh so any times.


    "overthrown Shepard."
    You mean, someone new pulls a control ending and kicks Shepard out of office like he did to Starbrat?

  18. #11778
    Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    I love how you argue that destroy is a lesser choice because it destroys.
    Its renegade-red just because you get to suckerpunch the reapers and the entire galaxy.
    Its actually the only way you get to finish what you set out to do - destroy the reapers like you told TIM oh so any times.


    "overthrown Shepard."
    You mean, someone new pulls a control ending and kicks Shepard out of office like he did to Starbrat?
    I don´t think that destroy is a lesser ending at all !! Destroy is the ending that a "true" Shepard would have chosen. I mean he worked to destroy them in all 3 games starting with killing Sovereign, then destroying the reaper-controlled Collectors, and finally destroying the reapers completely.

    That´s just the ending I see fit for my Shepard, even a full paragon Shepard. How can he control those things when he saw what they were capable to do on earth and other planets?

    "overthrown Shepard" is not that likely to be honest but who knows maybe he looses control over the reapers and then someone like the starbrat takes control over them again you know some sort of what happened to the forsaken in WoW. They were controlled by the Lich King in a similar way Shepard controls the Reapers. Somehow the LK lost control over a fraction of his "mind controlled" army and so the Forsaken got away from him.

    I dunno but that may sound a bit weird yet I think that destroy is the only ending for a true Shep

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 11:41 AM ----------

    I have actually chosen the destroy ending in 80% of my playthroughs.

  19. #11779
    Wasnt that because Illidan was working on sinking the entire continent of Northrend into the sea?
    I would love to see anyone try that with the whole galaxy.

    Aria, perhaps?

    And i agree with destroy being the right, like Shep himself said: "If we destroy them this ends today. But what if you cant control them?".
    Not to mention how incredibly nervous everyone would be with the reapers around.
    They have to be destroyed to achieve peace. (or atleast after wreav gets the krogan race killed in the aftermath)

  20. #11780
    Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Wasnt that because Illidan was working on sinking the entire continent of Northrend into the sea?
    I would love to see anyone try that with the whole galaxy.

    Aria, perhaps?

    And i agree with destroy being the right, like Shep himself said: "If we destroy them this ends today. But what if you cant control them?".
    Not to mention how incredibly nervous everyone would be with the reapers around.
    They have to be destroyed to achieve peace. (or atleast after wreav gets the krogan race killed in the aftermath)
    Yeah the LK lost control over Sylvanas and her forsaken because Illidan tried to destroy him with a powerful artifact, this caused him to loose power and lead to the forsaken breaking free from his grasp.

    Maybe there will be an evil guy in the future that tries the same with the reapers? Who knows?

    At least I would not feel save when there are still those reapers around even if I knew that Shepard controls them. As you already wrote Shepard asks TIM what happens if this control fails and thats how a true Shepard thinks about that stuff.

    Why risk another reaper war when he can destroy them? In a post-control galaxy the reapers and krogans are the biggest fear for the galaxy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •