Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Not looking for perfect, just one without the deus ex ending.
    That´s the point of that whole puzzle theory. That "perfect ending" would give us a true ending that does not require you to use that super awesome crucible and basically go "fuck ya catalyst" and win that war on your own terms and not by jumping into a stupid beam or killing yourself for that spacegod kiddie.

An ending that has the whole crew alive and together and an ending that shows that the galaxy is not depended on that stupid superweapon but can defeat the reapers without licking spacekiddies boots.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 07:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    Harbinger model is already present in ME3 SP - you can see it at the Citadel transportation beam on Earth, London. It's the reaper that shoots Death-rays at ya.
    True that guy that I copied that text from was not quite accurate on that sentence but basically he meant that it just looks way too good for a simple trailer for a free MP DLC.

I think that BW had a lot of work to recreate that whole collector race and they have probably not done that for zero profit with a free DLC.

Pretty sure that Harby and the Collectors are a future DLC and hopefully a MAJOR DLC !!
    Last edited by The Illusive Man; 2012-11-23 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Leviathan.
    And Omega is out soon.

Speaking of Puzzle Theory, that's an extension/variation on the Indoctrination Theory, isn't it? Basically that the whole ending is a trap, and there's potentially more to come? Its all very interesting, but my goodness you can get some flak just by entertaining the idea from some people!

Heck, some people treat you like an actual war criminal if you picked Destroy even! It boggles my mind how people can get so antisocial over it.

Bioware themselves have said that elements of the story shouldn't be taken literally, and that they consider every idea out there to be equally valid interpretations. So I think we're all free to have our own thoughts on the matter, since they also stated they wanted people to speculate on the endings!

Personally, I hope there's more. I consider the ending to be too surreal and contradictory to be taken seriously, and there's some rather heavy symbolism going on that suggests its a Reaper trap. Potentially even an attempt to get Shepard to switch sides and take the role Saren once held - or be the conscience of a new Reaper created from Humanity.

Regardless, whatever they come up with, it should be interesting.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 06:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Pretty sure that Harby and the Collectors are a future DLC and hopefully a MAJOR DLC !!
    Its the belief of some people I know (which I agree with) that the Collectors may show up in some way on Omega, though Cerberus will be the main opponant. Maybe even just in a teasing manner, setting up a future DLC.

That´s what we all love most: Speculating Of course that "perfect ending" theory is nothing more than speculation.

However it seems a bit odd that regardless of your EMS rating you always get that passive critical mission failure (liaras time capsule) when choosing not to activate that super cool and powerful crucible.

What about an higher EMS version of that one where you eventually stand a chance? Maybe it would require you to have a LOT of EMS? Like every war asset from every ME3 DLC? Something like 13k assets or whatever?

Even if we won the battle for earth, we wouldnt have much left. And there were reapers that werent part of the battle.
    Reinforcements will kick us in the scrotum.

Even if we won the battle for earth, we wouldnt have much left. And there were reapers that werent part of the battle.
    Reinforcements will kick us in the scrotum.
    Sure but what if we actually found the best way to defeat them through a DLC? Much like Leviathan? A way to deal with them without the crucible?

Could be possible.

Sure but what if we actually found the best way to defeat them through a DLC? Much like Leviathan? A way to deal with them without the crucible?

Could be possible.
    Starchild: "There's another another way. Here, look. It's the Reaper Off Switch"

Funny we had no such option... it's so simple and perfect.

Could be possible.
    We already have.
    But its a bit unstable.

Starchild: "There's another another way. Here, look. It's the Reaper Off Switch"

Destroy option.

Destroy option.
    No, destroy is destroy.
    Switch off - is different: Geth live, EDI lives. Offed Reapers floating in space, lying on planet surfaces - ripe for being dismantled, vivisected, researched.

Why has my engineer Shepard not thought about just pulling that damn plug and shutting that catalyst down? Or just use AI hack or something? Damn you Shepard

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 08:47 PM ----------

We already have.
    But its a bit unstable.

Destroy option.
    And that would be? I can only see endings that require you to use that damn crucible ... LOL

this weekends challenge banner is prety awesome also on the topic of banners what do i need to get the biotic god one?
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Maybe it will be a happy end for all the fans where the whole Crew of the Normandy survives with Shepard instead of Shepard dying (or being presumably dead).
    I think that would devalue the series and take away from the story. I don't need some token gesture for playing the game. Or rather I don't need or want a token ending. I'd rather they thank us with a awesome free DLC then a new ending just to appease some people.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I think that would devalue the series and take away from the story. I don't need some token gesture for playing the game. Or rather I don't need or want a token ending. I'd rather they thank us with a awesome free DLC then a new ending just to appease some people.
    Sure that´s your opinion yet I still would be pleased if the decided to do that. Of course I can only pull such things out of my arse because I don´t know what their plans for the future are.

A small gift for the fans that played the Shepard trilogy would be nice be it a free DLC or an awesome ending.

True that guy that I copied that text from was not quite accurate on that sentence but basically he meant that it just looks way too good for a simple trailer for a free MP DLC.
    Just because it is free doesn't mean Bioware isn't going to put effort into marketing it or making it like awesome. Because they make far more money off of people buying packs then they would just selling the DLC. The reason they keep releasing free DLC for multiplayer is to keep everyone interested so they keep buying packs with real money.

If people had to buy the DLC as well it would cut back on their potential market. Nothing released for Multiplayer is ever zero profit.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 03:04 PM ----------

A small gift for the fans that played the Shepard trilogy would be nice be it a free DLC or an awesome ending.
    But how do you make an "awesome" ending for all of your fans?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Just because it is free doesn't mean Bioware isn't going to put effort into marketing it or making it like awesome. Because they make far more money off of people buying packs then they would just selling the DLC. The reason they keep releasing free DLC for multiplayer is to keep everyone interested so they keep buying packs with real money.

If people had to buy the DLC as well it would cut back on their potential market. Nothing released for Multiplayer is ever zero profit.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 03:04 PM ----------

But how do you make an "awesome" ending for all of your fans?
    Damn you rhorle ... Why should they recreate the collectors just for MP? Even you can´t justify that. What´s wrong when I say that they will probably add a DLC featuring the collectors? Nothing wrong about that.

The awesome ending for all of your fans would be an ending that does not involve that spacemagic catalyst and crucible shit because that´s what most players hate.

Bleh, not the dumb wishful theories. Please don't bing them here, please! The endings are fine as is.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 12:15 PM ----------

The awesome ending for all of your fans would be an ending that does not involve that spacemagic catalyst and crucible shit because that´s what most players hate.
    Actually, I think the majority of ending dislikers don't like the ending because it lacks the LI reunion. In other words, they want sunshine and they got rain. With the EC, I feel as though the endings are valid and it's time for people to either accept them or move on.
    Last edited by Puck; 2012-11-23 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Bleh, not the dumb wishful theories. Please don't bing them here, please! The endings are fine as is.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 12:15 PM ----------

Actually, I think the majority of ending dislikers don't like the ending because it lacks the LI reunion. In other words, they want sunshine and they got rain. With the EC, I feel as though the endings are valid and it's time for people to either accept them or move on.
    Just go to http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/category/355/index and read all of those recent ending threads and you will see that the majority hates it because of the missing logic and that space kid.

No, destroy is destroy.
    Switch off - is different: Geth live, EDI lives. Offed Reapers floating in space, lying on planet surfaces - ripe for being dismantled, vivisected, researched.
    Ridiculous.

And that would be? I can only see endings that require you to use that damn crucible ... LOL
    Jack.

Just go to http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/category/355/index and read all of those recent ending threads and you will see that the majority hates it because of the missing logic and that space kid.
    The BSN is hardly a majority. In fact, metacritic ratings now have more positive user ratings than negative, this wasn't the case a fe months go. I no longer post on BSN because it is the same 10 people complaining in each thred. This place is my last bastion of Mass Effect sanity, please don't ruin it with the ending drivel.

Nah, it's all that Bio vs AI bullshit.

The only way I can swallow it is this:
    Starchild: "They created me to solve the problem, but I thought: wtf? I'm far superior in everyway and they are just puny chaotic life forms - so I wiped them all and created the first reaper - my first child. And I wanted to create more - therefore I came up with this cycles/harvesting plan. I grow life to a certain level that is adequate for reaper creation and then harvest it, create new child and start a new cycle. Wait... DO NOT PRESS THAT BUTTON!"

please don't ruin it with the ending drivel.
    The circle must continue.