Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    The BSN is hardly a majority. In fact, metacritic ratings now have more positive user ratings than negative, this wasn't the case a fe months go. I no longer post on BSN because it is the same 10 people complaining in each thred. This place is my last bastion of Mass Effect sanity, please don't ruin it with the ending drivel.
    Damn don´t throw that metacritic shit in there. Seriously that guys that always refer to that super awesome metacritic reviews are annoying as hell.

I actually like to read BSN occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    Nah, it's all that Bio vs AI bullshit.

The only way I can swallow it is this:
    Starchild: "They created me to solve the problem, but I thought: wtf? I'm far superior in everyway and they are just puny chaotic life forms - so I wiped them all and created the first reaper - my first child. And I wanted to create more - therefore I came up with this cycles/harvesting plan. I grow life to a certain level that is adequate for reaper creation and then harvest it, create new child and start a new cycle. Wait... DO NOT PRESS THAT BUTTON!"
    People like the Mass Efect happy ending mod and are praising it highly. It fails to explain anything abou the Reapers, the crucible and is essentially Shepard using a console which causes the Citadel to explode killing all the Reapers and sparring the Geth and EDI. It is arguably fr worse than even the original ending, and do you know why they love it? Because in the final scene you see Shepard hug his Love interest.
    Last edited by Puck; 2012-11-23 at 08:43 PM.

Meh, my only problem with single player right now is that I can't find the data I told EDI to save. You know, the one where the Cerberus officer gets interrogated and tortured to death but spills his guts before dying, in ME 2.

I think they forgot that side mission. Or I missed something.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Damn don´t throw that metacritic shit in there. Seriously that guys that always refer to that super awesome metacritic reviews are annoying as hell.

I actually like to read BSN occasionally.
    Why not? If metacritic is mostly positive now when it wasn't a few months ago I think that says something. The quality of the reviews are irrelevant.

I can't read the BSN anymore, it's utter hyperbolic negative trash. I don't know why Bioware hasn't nuked it yet.
    Last edited by Puck; 2012-11-23 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I still see it at 800 BW points.
    Guess it was only yesterday then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

People like the Mass Efect happy ending mod and are praising it highly. It fails to explain anything abou the Reapers, the crucible and is essentially Shepard using a console which causes the Citadel to explode killing all the Reapers and sparring the Geth and EDI. It is arguably fr worse than even the original ending, and do you know why? Because in the final scene you see Shepard hug his Love interest.
    1. No reaper explanation is better than explanation that makes no sense.
    2. It can't be far worse than original just because Shepard gets to reunite with LI. Not everyone had LI.
    3. It is better than original for some people. Doesn't make them majority, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post
    Meh, my only problem with single player right now is that I can't find the data I told EDI to save. You know, the one where the Cerberus officer gets interrogated and tortured to death but spills his guts before dying, in ME 2.

I think they forgot that side mission. Or I missed something.
    I dont remember this.

1. No reaper explanation is better than explanation that makes no sense.
    2. It can be far worse than original just because Shepard gets to reunite with LI. Not everyone had LI.
    3. It is better than original for some people. Doesn't make them majority, right?
    But it says a lot about the ending criticisms. They like to use words like "narrative" and "Thematic relevance" but when it comes down to it they just want sunshine. I imagine that if this was the case they'd easily be okay with the crucible and the Catalyst.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...dex/14795358/1 Perhaps it is not a majority, but I see a hell of a lot of the usual people who complain on BSN praising that mod for its genius.

Too me, it just invalidates their ending criticisms.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    I dont remember this.
    It's one of the first available missions - Cerberus lost contact with the agent and asks Shepard to investigate. Shepard finds dead agent but there's data on console or something. Shepard can either just delete it or take a copy first for himself. iirc

It's one of the first available missions - Cerberus lost contact with the agent and asks Shepard to investigate. Shepard finds dead agent but there's data on console or something. Shepard can either just delete it or take a copy first for himself. iirc
    You mean the mission where you can choose between;
    -Sending to Alliance
    -Keep for yourself
    -Send to Cerberus?

It was just data that apparently was negative information about cerbs dealings, hardly matters in ME3.

Mass Effect/Dragon Age mashup
    Yes, thats Joker riding the Normandy dragon.
    Last edited by Gravath; 2012-11-23 at 08:57 PM.

But it says a lot about the ending criticisms. They like to use words like "narrative" and "Thematic relevance" but when it comes down to it they just want sunshine. I imagine that if this was the case they'd easily be okay with the crucible and the Catalyst.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...dex/14795358/1 Perhaps it is not a majority, but I see a hell of a lot of the usual people who complain on BSN praising that mod for its genius.

Too me, it just invalidates their ending criticisms.
    I disliked the ending because of the deus ex ending, and what came in it also broke the theme and lore of the game for me. The happy ending, while I admit it would give me a good fuzzy feeling is not what I'm disappointed with, I can see the value in sad stories.

I don't support those barbarians at BSN, but I still wish BioWare would make an alternate ending DLC of some sorts.
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I disliked the ending because of the deus ex ending, and what came in it also broke the theme and lore of the game for me. The happy ending, while I admit it would give me a good fuzzy feeling is not what I'm disappointed with, I can see the value in sad stories.
    Seconding this.
    My favourite work of fiction is nothing but a humongous clusterfuck of sadness, manly tears and bittersweet endings where pretty much EVERYONE dies.
    Quality is not measured in happiness.
    An iffy with the endings is the absolution of them. They are too total.

Damn you rhorle ... Why should they recreate the collectors just for MP? Even you can´t justify that. What´s wrong when I say that they will probably add a DLC featuring the collectors? Nothing wrong about that.

The awesome ending for all of your fans would be an ending that does not involve that spacemagic catalyst and crucible shit because that´s what most players hate.
    I never said there is anything wrong with you saying they might be used in a DLC for single player. They added them to Multiplayer to give a new enemy type. Not everything has to go single player just because it is in multiplayer. They have several unique kits in Multiplayer. Why can't they have enemies as well? The existence of something in multiplayer doesn't mean it will eventually come to single player. That is all I said.

Multiplayer earns EA money which is why they continue to release the free packs and put effort into new models, items, and kits. Why charge $5 or $10 for a multiplayer DLC when people will easily spend more then that on packs when you do?

Not everyone disagrees with the current endings. So why is an "awesome thanks for being dedicated to us for all these years" ending have to be one to appease the people that currently dislike parts of the game? It sounds more like you want it to be something you like rather then something for the fans. Besides if you dislike space magic crap you should already dislike the entirety of Mass Effect and that makes the ending moot.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 05:11 PM ----------

Damn don´t throw that metacritic shit in there. Seriously that guys that always refer to that super awesome metacritic reviews are annoying as hell.I actually like to read BSN occasionally.
    It is as equally annoying as pointing to a forum and claiming it is the majority. There aren't even that many threads on the BSN about endings anymore. And most of them are rehashes of the same thing like Indoctrination theory. Endlessly bumping posts are discussing the same thing isn't outrage or a majority. It is refusing to let go and stupidity.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I don't board
    "Putting Garrus between the legs is definitely more than just a design decision."
    haha

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post

I don't board
    OMFG, would buy, so freaking fast!

OMFG, would buy, so freaking fast!
    It looks very aerodynamical.
    Very good for hitting someone in the face.
    Last edited by Gravath; 2012-11-23 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    It looks very airdynamical.
    Very good for hitting someone in the face.
    Retaking Omega, one face-smack at a time.
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Retaking Omega, one face-smack at a time.
    I want to slap Arias face.

They are bringing out the big guns.