The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    As I don't intend to play Omega right away I'd enjoy if people could use spoiler tags for a week perhaps? (just writting this in advance )

Shepard and Aria will succeed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post

Of course they will its Shepard and Aria after all

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    As I don't intend to play Omega right away I'd enjoy if people could use spoiler tags for a week perhaps? (just writting this in advance )
    Nah, too annoying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Nah, too annoying.
    Spoilertags .... How I hate this word. Way too annoying.

why do people think TIM and cerberus represent some moral grey area? They were pretty evil even in ME2 and their crimes are pretty atrocious. They've always been evil to some degree or another. I never saw them as good guys or even grey guys. They were just bad guys with a purpose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    why do people think TIM and cerberus represent some moral grey area? They were pretty evil even in ME2 and their crimes are pretty atrocious. They've always been evil to some degree or another. I never saw them as good guys or even grey guys. They were just bad guys with a purpose.
    Anti-heroes are a grey area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post

God, thanks for spoiling it
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    God, thanks for spoiling it
    Hugs and kisses are involved.

Anti-heroes are a grey area.
    Not really. For all his redeeming qualities Tony Soprano was still a bad guy. By the same token tim and cerberus are still bad guys. In violation of both legal and ethical constraints.

Also TIM is an anti hero? I'm not sure I'd call him an anti hero. Renegade shep but not TIM.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-11-26 at 10:40 PM.

Deleted
    Thats called an antagonist. An antagonist can be an anti-hero.
    TIM is just a renegade shep that lets others do the work while hes planning.

Doing good for the sake of good - hero
    Doing bad for the sake of good - anti-hero.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-11-27 at 12:25 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually no. Traditionally an anti-hero is a protagonist. Which is why they are called an anti-hero instead of just a villain (though an antagonist can certainly be a villain). An antagonist has never had any requirements for the role. So while yes an antagonist can have anti-hero qualities it isn't something that falls under the anti-hero label.

There certainly is nothing grey about TIM. Cerberus as a result of their leader certainly isn't grey either. The only grey part of Cerberus are the ones that escape are are no longer part of the organization. Because they realize that they are in fact evil and not just walking the fine line between good and bad.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2012-11-27 at 12:31 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Actually no. Traditionally an anti-hero is a protagonist. Which is why they are called an anti-hero instead of just a villain (though an antagonist can certainly be a villain). An antagonist has never had any requirements for the role. So while yes an antagonist can have anti-hero qualities it isn't something that falls under the anti-hero label.
    "The villain usually is the antagonist (though can be the protagonist[link to antihero page)), the character who tends to have a negative effect on other characters."
    Antihero antagonist? Really?

And no, Cerb isnt all evil just because you dont agree with it.
    Stop confusing your opinions with everything else, its fucking annoying.

10+ Year Old Account

Doing good for the sake of good - hero
    Doing bad for the sake of good - anti-hero.
    He's also got better style than Shepard with that snazzy suit of his.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    He's also got better style than Shepard with that snazzy suit of his.
    Well he is a diabolical gentleman.
    They have to outstyle the plebian protagonist.

15+ Year Old Account
    Antihero antagonist? Really?
    You are the one who said the antagonist can be an antihero not me. I don't get why you are directing that question at me.

And no, Cerb isnt all evil just because you dont agree with it.
    Stop confusing your opinions with everything else, its fucking annoying.
    I am not confusing my opinion with everything else, nor did I say that someone else can't think they are not evil. Stop looking for a reason to fight.

However Cerberus certainly is evil. Some of the reasons for why I believe this (note the I) are as follows (also noted this isn't all of the reasons why)
    "Any methods of advancing humanity's ascension are justified, including illegal or dangerous experimentation, terrorist activities, sabotage and assassination. " http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Cerberus

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Cerberus#History
    "hrough Admiral Kahoku, Shepard learns that Cerberus has conducted horrific experiments intended to create super soldiers, including experiments on rachni and Thorian Creepers"
    "They accidentally unleashed rachni on Listening Posts Alpha and Theta when their experimental subjects -- shipped from Noveria -- escaped from Depot Sigma-23. "
    "Cerberus also deliberately destroyed a settlement on Chasca by turning the colonial pioneer team there into Husks. "
    "A traumatised marine named Corporal Toombs also claimed that in one of their most devastating experiments, Cerberus lured thresher maws to the colony on Akuze"
    "During his investigation, Kahoku came to conclusion that Cerberus was in fact a rogue black ops group that broke away from the Alliance. However, soon after he had managed to contact Commander Shepard with this information, Kahoku was captured and killed by Cerberus."
    " Unlike the Alliance, which is restricted by the laws of the Council, the Illusive Man is prepared to take any action, no matter how heinous, to achieve his goal, believing history will vindicate him. For now,"

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Eld...rial_Accidents

And those are just from the first Mass Effect game. Cerberus is evil though not all of their actions are evil as some can certainly be neutral or good depending on the act.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2012-11-27 at 02:49 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm rather late, but dat trailer!

I died. In my excitement I went to BSN to discuss it. Big mistake, they're bitching about it. The sad part is that I'm not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    I'm rather late, but dat trailer!

I died. In my excitement I went to BSN to discuss it. Big mistake, they're bitching about it. The sad part is that I'm not surprised.
    Nothing on the internet surprises me anymore, least of all the people.

10+ Year Old Account
    aiduasdiausdia That trailer looked epic...now I'm all sad that I won't get to play it /cry

Deleted
    Now male Shepard can get some calibrations too, go female turians. Off-topic, it's my first post in this thread, and somehow everything revolves around Shepard having sexual encounters with everything that's semi-capable of independant though.

Deleted
    Oh good, another 75k creds disappearing as soon as I enter the store.
    Broken ass system.