Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Just something cool I discovered, there is an engineer only paragon interrupt at the reactor in the Omega DLC. I think this is the first class interrupt ever.
    Wait whaddafuk? I thought the paragon interrupt popped up because I've skipped the renegade one, not because I'm an engineer.

Nice! Hopefully we'll see more of them.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

And so it begins.
    What did the interrupt do?

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    And so it begins.
    What did the interrupt do?
    It makes your Shepard redistribute power right away instead of sitting there in agony while the button flashes and Petrovsky taunts you. Nyreen also doesn't get shot.

Your Shepard says something about not being some common military goon or some such as well. I can't remember the exact quote.
    Last edited by Puck; 2012-11-28 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Huh, am I on BSN or MMO-Champ? That complaint sounds familiar to me. Damn are you guys poor? What´s 15 bucks nowadays? You probably spent more on cigarettes and alcohol or those steam sales in a few days.

I mean I can totally understand if you get maybe 10$ pocket money every 2 weeks, of course then the price for this DLC is a lot to you but I am just a bit shocked that one is able to complain about the price. You are like those guys that complain about the monthly fee of WoW ... TOO EXPENSIVE *whiny face*.

Being poor has nothing to do with value. Rich or Poor is irrelevant to this discussion because Value is always Value. The point still stands that if the Omega DLC isn't giving us 1/4th of a full game worth of content then it isn't worth its price.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Being poor has nothing to do with value. Rich or Poor is irrelevant to this discussion because Value is always Value.
    The theory of relativity strongly disagrees with you.
    The teams cant work on such big DLCs for 5 bucks a pop as well, its not a weapon pack that takes an hour to make.

Alcohol for the same price can even make me as happy or last as long as the DLC.
    Last edited by Gravath; 2012-11-28 at 08:39 PM.

The theory of subjectivity strongly disagrees with you.
    The teams cant work on such big DLCs for 5 bucks a pop as well, its not a weapon pack that takes an hour to make.

Alcohol for the same price can even make me as happy or last as long as the DLC.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subjective_theory_of_value has nothing to do with being rich or poor. Since you seem to be intentionally ignoring the point I'm making I'll put it another way.

If you had to pay $60 for a game that only had the amount of content that four omega DLC's have would you be happy? Teams and the size of DLC isn't applicable because they managed to designed a full game for $60 that had way more then 4 times the content of Omega. Which again goes to the question of value.

Is Omega 1/4th of the full content of ME3? If it is then the price is fine. If it isn't then why should it be priced at 1/4th of the original game?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

"Value is the same regardless of wealth." yeah no. stop ignoring anything that doesnt confirm to your opinions (yet again)
    The value is something is what people is willing to pay.
    if you are poor then you will make that pointless 1/4 argument, but if you have money to spend you will not think of the price as it is not enough to ruffle the coffins but rather think of the experience.
    15 bucks is alot to Myobi who lives in the third world, but its barely enough to show up on the radar for first world residents.
    Obviously, if you are poor then you either can not, or will not buy it because you cant scrap it together, but if you have a surplus then it wont be an issue.
    I would pay the double for ME3 if that was the price because its fucking great and a good investment.
    If you compare a DLC to a fullblown funded and sponsored game, then i can compare it to a movie.
    Generally speaking - costs less, lasts longer, higher quality, and more fun.
    Last edited by Gravath; 2012-11-28 at 08:23 PM.

"Value is the same regardless of wealth." yeah no. stop ignoring anything that doesnt confirm to your opinions (yet again)
    The value is something is what people is willing to pay.
    Leave me out of this even more so when the only one doing what you constantly accuse me of doing is you. You are confusing Value with Market price. The value of a good isn't just about the price of the good or what people are willing to pay for the good. It is about what the good gives you relative to the price. That is why it doesn't matter if you are poor or rich because the value will remain the same.

A billionaire doesn't get more from the Omega DLC just because he is a billionaire. The relative cost or cost effectiveness is what will be different between rich and poor people. Because as you said 15 dollars to a rich person is nothing while to a poor person it can be quite a bit. But that is irrelevant because the question of value isn't discussing its cost or its effective cost.

It is discussing what you get for the price. Is Omega worthy of being a 1/4th of ME3 content? Would you pay $60 for a game that is only omega content x 4?

That is so ignorant i would be hardpressed to continue.
    How about i just tell you to fuck off and stop replying to anything i write. You add nothing. Go back to BSN for the whining since its always something stupid when you appear.
    Its like im back at 4chan.

That's enough. If you don't like what someone says, ignore it and move on.
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-11-28 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Is Omega worthy of being a 1/4th of ME3 content? Would you pay $60 for a game that is only omega content x 4?
    How about paying $60 for Omega only content? That was basically Force Unleased 2, which took me 4.5 hours to beat.

Its hard to compare the value of DLC. Some only last 45min like the Harvey's Revenge DLC for Arkham City. Others can last as long as single-player FPS games like the DLC for Bordlerands 2.

In the Mass Effect realm, I didn't find any of the ME1 DLC to be meaningful or "worth it".
    In ME2, Overlord and LotSB were both excellent pieces of DLC that should be the gold standard of DLC. While neither ultimately affected the game or ending, both served as fantastic short stories that I wanted to immediately replay. Kasumi was fun, but a little shoe-horned in (especially in a game where a lot of the immersion revolves around companions interacting).
    In ME3, I begrudingly bought From Ashes. It sucked to pay for Day 1 DLC, but objectively the content was awesome and felt like it was a part of the game and not a seperate side mission (which further annoyed me since it was Day 1 DLC). My disappoint with the ending and Bioware as a company has prevented me from purchasing either Leviathan or Omega. However, I think $15 is a bit high price-point for a DLC unless it contains multiple DLC content.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    unless it contains multiple DLC content.
    Define this.
    Looking for additional weapons, squadmates, bonus powers, hubs..?

We are forced to pay 60 $ for 4x Omega content anyway. Just ask Activision or EA, they almost certainly have games that last less than 12 hours. If I knew I would have as much fun as I had during I played Omega, I would easily pay the 60$.

And I believe people assume for 1 run through of the DLC as the main basis of the price debate. What about Paragon/Renegade/Mixed runs, what about runs with different classes? We found out that Omega added the idea of a class specific interrupt, what about that?

What will people say if Adjutants start to pop in on maps against reapers in a few weeks? (Reapers were the only faction to not receive an extra unit in Retaliation remember.) Or if Turian Female kits show up in the next multiplayer DLC?
    Last edited by Scorage; 2012-11-28 at 09:23 PM.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post
    What will people say if Adjutants start to pop in on maps against reapers in a few weeks? (Reapers were the only faction to not receive an extra unit in Retaliation remember.) Or if Turian Female kits show up in the next multiplayer DLC?
    Adjutants would be fun.
    They dont just execute you, they bring "you" back as another enemy.
    Did they even teleport around? I failed to notice during my run.

And... Turian Female Adept kit with flash? Dare i hope?

Omega failed to dethrone LoTSB. Heck I even enjoyed Leviathan more.

There's nothing but shooting your way thru the same mobs, over and over again. Even in the end.

Adjutants? *shotgun shot* What Adjutant? Cerberus Mechs gave me much more *trouble*.

It only takes hours to finish because there are a lot of cut-scenes.

I don't even know why they added a "side quest" there, not to mention the quality of said "quest" - it takes 10 secs to do it (most of the time you spend climbing the ladder).

I noticed they did a good job of hiding mods on omega, so it's required to solve a simple puzzle to get one (like shooting explosive barrels on a lift platform which prevents it from operating properly - and then using that lift to get to the mod - but only to find out you could get it another way though...) - so yeah - there are "secret areas" but exploring the omega is kinda out of place when you are limited in time story wise. Breaks immersion for me.

You know if they just release a video of everything that happened on Omega in DLC - it would feel the same to me.

Not worth 1200 points. And no I'm not poor. It's like paying premium for bottled water.

I found it rather enjoyable and worthwhile imo. People need to learn what it takes to develop content and how much time that process takes and why they can't just sell it for 5 bucks....
    Intel I5-2500k @4.8Ghz| Noctua NH-U9B | Asus P67 Deluxe | 16GB G.SKILL Ares 2133Mhz
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB/1TB | 512GB MX100 | 1TB WD Black x2 | 2TB WD Black |3TB WD Green NAS x2
    Sapphire R9-290x | SeasonicX 650 | NXZT H440 | Asus PB278Q | Razor Naga Molten Edition | CM Quick Fire Rapid TK
    Asus Xonar Essense STX | Presonus E5 x2 | Takstar HiFi 2050's

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    I found it rather enjoyable and worthwhile imo. People need to learn what it takes to develop content and how much time that process takes and why they can't just sell it for 5 bucks....
    There's less content (that requires a lot of work) than in Leviathan.
    And I even noticed sloppy work in Aria's speech cut-scene. The way she moves is bugged, her animation jerks back to frame 0, she teleports visibly to new position, etc.

Overall, was it enjoyable though?

I don't know whether or not to buy it. Is it worth experiencing or should I watch a YouTube playthrough?

なんで自殺するのかな他の人殺せばいいのに

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Overall, was it enjoyable though?

I don't know whether or not to buy it. Is it worth experiencing or should I watch a YouTube playthrough?
    If you like a lot of action in between a lot of cut-scenes and you like Omega lore and Aria - well go for it.

I won't be able to afford it for a while (going to have to avoid this thread haha) but yeah I do like Omega and Aria, I guess I'll get it

なんで自殺するのかな他の人殺せばいいのに

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    There's less content (that requires a lot of work) than in Leviathan.
    And I even noticed sloppy work in Aria's speech cut-scene. The way she moves is bugged, her animation jerks back to frame 0, she teleports visibly to new position, etc.
    Well nothing is bug free and I didn't notice those that you mentioned lol I'll go back and take a look soon.
    Intel I5-2500k @4.8Ghz| Noctua NH-U9B | Asus P67 Deluxe | 16GB G.SKILL Ares 2133Mhz
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB/1TB | 512GB MX100 | 1TB WD Black x2 | 2TB WD Black |3TB WD Green NAS x2
    Sapphire R9-290x | SeasonicX 650 | NXZT H440 | Asus PB278Q | Razor Naga Molten Edition | CM Quick Fire Rapid TK
    Asus Xonar Essense STX | Presonus E5 x2 | Takstar HiFi 2050's