1. #1201
    I was very dissapointed in the miranda story, she was my big love intrest in ME2 and all i got was a couple of talks and a farwell...

    There is just way too much stuff that hasn't been answered. I feel like i played half a game and that they just rushed to sell it asap. Sucks big time !

  2. #1202
    I am Murloc! Xuvial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,031
    When a game has a 3 on the end the sad truth is that it has long turned into a cash cow and the developers/publishers don't give 2 fucks about satisfying the loyal fans because the fans are going to buy the game regardless. That's the truth and that's how they handle it.

  3. #1203
    @ita Reverse engineering the Mass Effect relays would be impossible. They didn't mention this in the ending, but in theory, there's another plot hole with Mass Effect. You have all organic races in the sol system, with no access to FTL travel. The sol system is very barren on resources, especially with how fucked up Earth is. That means you have 6 species with the resources of less than 1. They'd last a fucking week before turning on each other due to lack of food. And with conventional travel, it'd take hundreds of years to reach a habitable planet.

    So in theory, all organics die no matter what.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  4. #1204
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    @ita Reverse engineering the Mass Effect relays would be impossible. They didn't mention this in the ending, but in theory, there's another plot hole with Mass Effect. You have all organic races in the sol system, with no access to FTL travel. The sol system is very barren on resources, especially with how fucked up Earth is. That means you have 6 species with the resources of less than 1. They'd last a fucking week before turning on each other due to lack of food. And with conventional travel, it'd take hundreds of years to reach a habitable planet.

    So in theory, all organics die no matter what.
    The protheans say hello while pointing at their conduit.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

  5. #1205
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    32,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    When a game has a 3 on the end the sad truth is that it has long turned into a cash cow and the developers/publishers don't give 2 fucks about satisfying the loyal fans because the fans are going to buy the game regardless. That's the truth and that's how they handle it.
    I disagree. Gaming...a truly well-put together game is never about the money, and don't forget, the developers and writers are the real ones who make it. Not the company as a whole. It's obvious someone put a ton of love and care into creating this game. It comes out in the tiny details...that woman you pass in the commons talking about leaving her husband for an asari lover. The two parents talking about raising their child. The detail put into every mission that makes them twist and turn just enough emotionally to bring a tear or a smile to your face.

    I've played a good hundred video games and out of those, the Mass Effect series, all 3 games, will stand out as examples of a game the developers loved.

    Sappiness aside, this was always planned to be a trilogy provided the previous installments worked out. Always. It was said from the beginning. Each game left off at the right moment to set the stage for the next. There is no "cash cow" involved here. Once this one is over...it's done.



  6. #1206
    The reapers brought the Citadelle to Earth. Hell that was convenient LoL.

    Anyway it looks like there is 16 possible ending but really there is only 3 major trends and little variations on any of thoses. Hoping to see a chart soon.

    Also for the lulz: [url]www.youtube.com/watch?v=b33tJx8iy0A[/url]
    Last edited by braxx; 2012-03-10 at 10:55 PM.

  7. #1207
    are there actualy any easter eggs? (I hope that doesnt count as spoiler^^)
    I know about 2:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybauY...Q&feature=plcp
    and
    the "Space hamster"
    Are there actualy any referances or something like that?

  8. #1208
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    6,142
    There's tons of Easter Eggs in the series. Especially Conrad Verner who is a competionist's dream as he makes a load of pointless sidequest stuff from ME1 suddenly utterly vital.

    There's also jokes referring to common memes by Shepard and his squad and lots of references back to events in previous games.

    ---------- Post added 2012-03-10 at 11:51 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    Is it just me....or is Insanity mode MUCH, much easier than in ME2?
    Whereas the base game is far far harder, there's certainly less of a spread between the difficulties.


    And for the love of god Bioware let me make use of my keyboard. I am sick of randomly rolling about and dicking in and out of cover.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2012-03-10 at 11:54 PM.

  9. #1209
    Anyone also barged in on Garrus and Tali making out in the main battery?
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

  10. #1210
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    6,142
    Spoiler tag that stuff. But yes, and it's absolutely hilarious.

  11. #1211
    Only time in my life I felt similiar to watching the ending movie here was... watching the ending of Lost. lol
    Really... the endings got something to them, yeah... philosophic questions, yeah... but too many questions unanswered, too many loose ends, all in all, just unsatisfying and not worthy for this series.

    Maybe a few minutes of showing what happened after the chosen events would have sufficied. Like some parties on earth, what happens with all your comrades, maybe showing how you live on with your romance partner etc...
    Last edited by Bluegirl91; 2012-03-11 at 12:56 AM.

  12. #1212
    Scarab Lord Kaneiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Iowa, United States
    Posts
    4,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    Only time in my life I felt similiar to watching the ending movie here was... watching the ending of Lost. lol
    Really... the endings got something to them, yeah... philosophic questions, yeah... but too many questions unanswered, too many loose ends, all in all, just unsatisfying and not worthy for this series.

    Maybe a few minutes of showing what happened after the chosen events would have sufficied. Like some parties on earth, what happens with all your comrades, maybe showing how you live on with your romance partner etc...
    I never thought I'd say this - but I want my generic "Happily Ever After" ending. Drinking with Garrus, living on with your LI, etc, etc.

    You're right, there was no closure to it. And it's just a shame it had to end that way, because the rest of the game was phenomenal.
    Hey, remember when I dropped my keys and you thought the phone was ringing?

  13. #1213
    Stood in the Fire MmoFanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    368
    god damn the ending sucks so much i got so mad that u just quit the game att the ending cutscene worst 60 euros ever spent

  14. #1214
    How do I put spoiler tags?

  15. #1215
    What really annoyed me Is on how Tali kills herself after I sided with the Geth and all of her fleet got destroyed. Oh wah wah my fleet got destroyed because my people are really stupid and pretty much started the war with the Geth(I'm assuming I'm right about that) so I'm just going to remove my mask and not let Shepard see my face and then jump off a cliff and kill myself! I never liked the Quarians or Tali anyways. Their human space chickens with annoying voices.

  16. #1216
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    What really annoyed me Is on how Tali kills herself after I sided with the Geth and all of her fleet got destroyed. Oh wah wah my fleet got destroyed because my people are really stupid and pretty much started the war with the Geth(I'm assuming I'm right about that) so I'm just going to remove my mask and not let Shepard see my face and then jump off a cliff and kill myself! I never liked the Quarians or Tali anyways. Their human space chickens with annoying voices.
    You better take that back! I LOVE TALI!!!!
    Check out what I'm selling in ESO HERE!

    Interested in joining the MMO-Champion US guild? Whisper me in-game! @greevir

  17. #1217
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    431
    I was having an amazing time through the whole thing, epic fights and important choices that I really felt torn on and guilty about the repercussions. Then that ending.
    I cant even run the game anymore, I like the multiplayer but I just cant bring myself to play it over something else I know its just a game but it feels like betrayal.

  18. #1218
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    What really annoyed me Is on how Tali kills herself after I sided with the Geth and all of her fleet got destroyed. Oh wah wah my fleet got destroyed because my people are really stupid and pretty much started the war with the Geth(I'm assuming I'm right about that) so I'm just going to remove my mask and not let Shepard see my face and then jump off a cliff and kill myself! I never liked the Quarians or Tali anyways. Their human space chickens with annoying voices.
    Yea that didn't happen for me. I made peace and the Geth helped the Quarians rebuild

  19. #1219
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Yea that didn't happen for me. I made peace and the Geth helped the Quarians rebuild
    Yeah I heard there were different outcomes. But damn that was really annoying.

  20. #1220
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    What really annoyed me Is on how Tali kills herself after I sided with the Geth and all of her fleet got destroyed. Oh wah wah my fleet got destroyed because my people are really stupid and pretty much started the war with the Geth(I'm assuming I'm right about that) so I'm just going to remove my mask and not let Shepard see my face and then jump off a cliff and kill myself! I never liked the Quarians or Tali anyways. Their human space chickens with annoying voices.
    You can still side with them, and avoid her to kill herself. At least, I did it...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •