Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    Yeah, but how would you explain the rubble and "Shepard alive" video? Dead is dead

Well, they explained it. The N7 helm that Shep was using - it was a tough son of a helmet. The brain was intact and frozen (remember the snow on that planet?)
    The rest is a matter of sci-fi magic.
    Yeah I can still remember when I bought ME2 back when it was released and then saw that beginning for the first time. I was just shocked that they could revive him.

You know the rubble we see in the ME3 ending does not fit to the citadel !! It is concrete and the citadel is not made out of concrete. Looks more like the area right in front of that transport beam. There are lots of concrete buildings there.

Last edited by The Illusive Man; 2012-12-03 at 03:24 PM.

The multiplayer glitches is really getting annoying. I just did 2 gold missions in a row with full extraction for 82k credits each but when i left the lobby i only had the 70k that was already there.

This is getting so frustrating!
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

I reinstalled ME 1, and it just doesn't click with something because even the tiniest movement made by the mouse makes the camera do a 720 degree rotation. I felt like throwing up in 2 minutes. (Tried to fix mouse sensitivity, even through the game files. Nothing works. It works fine when I aim, and I can't do that inside citadel. Drives me nuts)

So I just got a save editor for ME 2, rolled an Infiltrator, got myself going again. I'm trying REALLY HARD to complete a full renegade run, but I just don't think I got what it takes to shoot Mordin or kill off Wrex or let any squad member die in Suicide Mission.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

I just finish a full renegade play though of ME2 a few days ago. The only survivers I had were Zaeed, Morinth and Dr. Chakwas everyone else died. I sold Legion to Cerberus and did not open Grunt´s tank.

Was funny to see all those guys dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Or you know ME2 and 3 were just visions that Shepard had after he got killed in that Collector ship attack at the beginning of ME2. Maybe he was never revived by Cerberus and instead he was dead all the time.

I always found it odd that Cerberus managed to revive a completely smashed and brain-dead Shepard. Seriously that sounds stupid.
    Why is it stupid? We are all but organic machines. Very complex organic machines, but machines nonetheless. Who's to say that what Cerberus pulled won't be possible with medical technology in the future? The reason we can't fix a dead human now is simply because we don't know how to fix things to that extent. We don't know how to heal the body without the body's self-healing capabilities intact. But if we are nothing but complex organic machines, who's to say we can't be fixed and brought back once dead?

Now, would Shepard actually retain her memory or personality, or would that die with the brain? Depends on how the brain stores memories and whether that storage is destroyed when the brain stops functioning.

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 10:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post
    I reinstalled ME 1, and it just doesn't click with something because even the tiniest movement made by the mouse makes the camera do a 720 degree rotation. I felt like throwing up in 2 minutes. (Tried to fix mouse sensitivity, even through the game files. Nothing works. It works fine when I aim, and I can't do that inside citadel. Drives me nuts)

So I just got a save editor for ME 2, rolled an Infiltrator, got myself going again. I'm trying REALLY HARD to complete a full renegade run, but I just don't think I got what it takes to shoot Mordin or kill off Wrex or let any squad member die in Suicide Mission.
    Why would a full renegade require squad members to die? I've done a full renegade ME2 with no deaths. I don't remember being forced to hit a paragon dialogue decision.

But yeah, if I do renegade in ME3, I won't shoot Wrex or Mordin. I did that once and honestly, I felt bad about it for the rest of the playthrough.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

Nah shooting Wrex is tha best !! I usually only do paragon playthroughs but I enjoyed my Shepard that killed everyone (Wrex, Kaidan, all ME2 crewmembers save 2)

BTW: I have no clue how the medicine in ME works but that video you get to see in the cerberus headquarters that tells you about Project Lazarus clearly shows that Shepard was dead and that lead doctor even told TIM that he can not undo nature. I am still betting on *Space magic*

Lead doctor was a skeptic and he was wrong, simple as that.

And I just looked at the happy ending mod . . . there's no way I could enjoy that. Whatever plotholes it may or may not fix gets ruined by how much of a clusterfuck of dialogue and cut sequences (and even a scene and music from the end of ME2?) it is. I understand it was made with limited resources and the maker couldn't grab Meer/Hale to do extra voice overs but it just wouldn't work for me.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

BTW: I have no clue how the medicine in ME works but that video you get to see in the cerberus headquarters that tells you about Project Lazarus clearly shows that Shepard was dead and that lead doctor even told TIM that he can not undo nature. I am still betting on *Space magic*
    I'm sure similar statements have been made in our own past and have been proven wrong. I mean, a lot of the stuff we now take for granted was once considered science fiction. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Lead doctor was a skeptic and he was wrong, simple as that.

And I just looked at the happy ending mod . . . there's no way I could enjoy that. Whatever plotholes it may or may not fix gets ruined by how much of a clusterfuck of dialogue and cut sequences (and even a scene and music from the end of ME2?) it is. I understand it was made with limited resources and the maker couldn't grab Meer/Hale to do extra voice overs but it just wouldn't work for me.
    There are people on the BSN who are buying the PC trilogy just for that mod. I never faceplamed so hard when I heard that.

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    There are people on the BSN who are buying the PC trilogy just for that mod. I never faceplamed so hard when I heard that.
    Means more money for BioWare to throw at ME4. I can't complain about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

Or Dragon Age 3!

Now, I've seen what that mod does on Youtube, and its just mix and mash of cutscenes from ME 2 and 3, and guess what, that is all he can work with anyway.

So the end result is terrible. He removed the Catalyst from the ending so we chase for information on Catalyst entire game, lose it to Cerberus, learn that it is Citadel and Crucible just fires by itself. So that means Citadel is designed by reapers as a kill switch for reapers. Nice hole there.

The voices and lipsync are way off, the space in background changes between Galactic Core and Earth. No, no thank you. It's an effort though.

I'm pretty satisfied with Control ending to be honest because I just can't kill off EDI. Why am I so attached to my crewmembers!
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

You guys shouldn't take that mod that serious. The creator did good and you can argue that it is not as professional as an official BW addon but that is pretty clear. He had no Meer/Hale to voice it for him and he also had no professional rendering team and stuff. I still think that the mod is neat. Either like it or ignore it

So, how well do you guys think the Omega DLC sold? Enough to warrant future dlc?

"Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

And hello saber.

Yeah I can still remember when I bought ME2 back when it was released and then saw that beginning for the first time. I was just shocked that they could revive him.

You know the rubble we see in the ME3 ending does not fit to the citadel !! It is concrete and the citadel is not made out of concrete. Looks more like the area right in front of that transport beam. There are lots of concrete buildings there.

Yah that's one of the points brought up in the indoctrination theory video to say he never left London. Honestly though, the citadel has been used by thousands of different species. One of them was bound to put some concrete in their at some point. After the section he's in explodes in the destroy ending maybe Shep just gets tossed towards one of the arm sections from the force of the explosion and gets pulled in from their artificial gravity along with other rubble. Seems more plausible to me.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-12-04 at 05:25 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

So I saw this quote in an article on Crunchyroll that I thought was interesting.

"I think most developers miss the authenticity mark when it comes to the emotional content of the game. Sure, the guns look real and the vehicles match the real thing, but most games are flashy set pieces that lead players from one explosion to the next. Most soldiers can tell you that this is nothing like the war that they have experienced. Military life is full of tedium and drudgery that is unfit for an action-packed game.

One game I thought really nailed the price of war was the Mass Effect series. Many of the choices and events you are presented with really drive home the unavoidable cost that everyone must face. When a character dies you understand the seriousness of the event, and this is something many games fail to portray."

-Nathaniel Dietrick, Combat Medic (U.S. Army)

I'd have to say I agree. I haven't seen another military shooter that has the kind of tough decisions you have to make in Mass Effect.

^

Indeed. Which is kind of why I think the ending has caused such an uproar. The series is brilliant but for a lot of folks all of that didn't matter because of the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    ^

Indeed. Which is kind of why I think the ending has caused such an uproar. The series is brilliant but for a lot of folks all of that didn't matter because of the end.
    Yup. Though, I kind of just ended up "disconnecting" the choices through the series from the ending, and instead just focused on what consequences they had during the game (Kaidan and/or Ashley dying, saving Eve or not, etc). I think that preserved a lot of the impact of them for me. I just treated the endings as their own thing. It still left a bad taste in my mouth (which the EC helped with - I at least like the endings now), but at least it didn't let the air out of the entire experience.