1. #12461
    Hello people, quick question,
    My copy of Mass Effect 3 is a russian key(it was way cheaper) and I don't own any dlc. I want to buy some on Origin; would dlc be compatible with my game? Or would i have to play them in russian?

  2. #12462
    If your game is official and activated on origin (and you play from origin) you can change language in origin settings, you'll have to download a couple file I think.

    I have a french version and played in english from day one, and played every dlc in english just fine.

  3. #12463
    The Patient Saitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    263
    The Reapers can't come soon enough...

  4. #12464
    Old God Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Saitan View Post
    The Reapers can't come soon enough...
    Well, it's the 21st next week.

  5. #12465
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    On a positive note, I just ordered myself an N7 hoodie for Christmas, they actually have some in right now. They also have some Cerberus T's on sale right now too if anyone's interested.

    I like Tali's shirt better(dem hips), but Liara is Liara... so torn.
    I paid the $325 balance on the N7 Ambassador watch yesterday. Got an email saying their early shipment would be getting to their warehouse tomorrow (today now) and they'd be checked in and ready for shipment first thing next week. Originally it was expected for late January/early February shipment, so that was surprising. Was my Christmas gift. lol

  6. #12466
    Old God Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,500
    I so wish I had the money for that watch.

  7. #12467
    I don't usually wear watches (I don't even own one atm), but that's mainly because I haven't found any I actually liked. I fell in love with that one when I saw it on their Facebook page, though. Decided after about 10 minutes that that was what I wanted for Christmas. :P

  8. #12468
    Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,570
    Yeah it's a nice watch. I prefer my Ice-Watch tho' I dunno how the quality of that ME3 watch is as 325 dollars aren't that cheap

  9. #12469
    It's actually $475. $325 was the remaining balance after the $150 deposit you put down when you ordered (limited edition watch). I've heard good things about MSTR watches.

  10. #12470
    I wish the shipping fees weren't as bad for europe, a 12$ mug, 42$ total...

  11. #12471
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    I wish the shipping fees weren't as bad for europe, a 12$ mug, 42$ total...
    I feel your pain. It's the same for Hawaii. I need to buy a replacement part for an appliance. The part? $15. BASIC shipping? $32. A $15 item becomes $47. /tableflip

  12. #12472
    Pandaren Monk barackopala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chile, Viña del Mar
    Posts
    1,756
    Hello guys, I just picked up ME3 my dad bought it from a retail store a while ago (he loves videogames), once he beated the campaign he left it to collect dust so i thought it would be a good idea to finish what i left after ME2, I started playing the multiplayer campaigns, what should i aim for at first? I started buying the veteran boxes i beleive (the ones that cost 20k credits) but i want some efficiency, the RNG is kinda sad for me (im an unlucky guy) and paying for ingame currency is a no-go for me, which would be the efficient way to equip myself quickly?

    Oh and are there any paid DLC's that are worth looking at? Sadly Origin shafted my country and I haven't found a way to change the currency from Euros to Dollars, a year ago i was able to swap it only on the origin webpage, right now it's blocked, we (South americans) have to pay on Euros, and with the economical status from our country it's way more expensive (like a 40% more expensive) to pay on euros than in USD so I don't have a big chunk of money to spend on :C
    Last edited by barackopala; 2012-12-16 at 03:07 AM.

  13. #12473
    From Ashes is probably the only paid DLC I would recommend as a definite must-have just because it adds a lot of interesting perspective on the Protheans and their cycle, plus Javik is just an awesome squad member in general. I liked both Leviathan and Omega, but I wouldn't call either of them must-haves, but more of a they're-worth-getting-if-you-have-the-money type of thing.

    As for the multiplayer, I've always bought mainly the Premium Spectre Packs. They have the best chance for the rare/ultra-rare cards and contain a nice amount of items like medi-gel and rocket launchers. Also do whatever weekend challenges you're able to do as they give you an N7 weapon, some of which are very nice (such as the N7 Valiant sniper rifle).

  14. #12474
    Pandaren Monk barackopala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chile, Viña del Mar
    Posts
    1,756
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    From Ashes is probably the only paid DLC I would recommend as a definite must-have just because it adds a lot of interesting perspective on the Protheans and their cycle, plus Javik is just an awesome squad member in general. I liked both Leviathan and Omega, but I wouldn't call either of them must-haves, but more of a they're-worth-getting-if-you-have-the-money type of thing.

    As for the multiplayer, I've always bought mainly the Premium Spectre Packs. They have the best chance for the rare/ultra-rare cards and contain a nice amount of items like medi-gel and rocket launchers. Also do whatever weekend challenges you're able to do as they give you an N7 weapon, some of which are very nice (such as the N7 Valiant sniper rifle).
    Where do i check for the challenges? haven't found any information of it whatsoever. Oh and by the way, does anyone know a way to swap the payment currency model of origin? I can afford to pay my national currency for USD, but for euros is way too expensive sadly :C

  15. #12475
    http://social.bioware.com/n7hq will have the current challenge shown at the top, and you can also see them posted at http://blog.bioware.com They do a challenge every weekend, and the goal for the challenge varies from week to week. The current one is getting the "Survive Five Waves" medal in Firebase Condor as a squad (no one in the squad can die for 5 waves straight).

    I don't know of a way to change the currency in the Origin store. I think it's set by your local IP.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2012-12-16 at 03:52 AM.

  16. #12476
    Pandaren Monk barackopala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chile, Viña del Mar
    Posts
    1,756
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    http://social.bioware.com/n7hq will have the current challenge shown at the top, and you can also see them posted at http://blog.bioware.com They do a challenge every weekend, and the goal for the challenge varies from week to week. The current one is getting the "Survive Five Waves" medal in Firebase Condor as a squad (no one in the squad can die for 5 waves straight).

    I don't know of a way to change the currency in the Origin store. I think it's set by your local IP.
    Well it's kinda weird that south america is tied to europe currency... well that sucks.

    And about the challenges, how can i know if i already made it? I prolly haven't made it but could've done it by mistake D:! (sometimes you never know lol )

  17. #12477
    You can click the Challenges tab at the in-game multiplayer screen and go down to the Weekend Challenge category, and the objective will be listed there along with your current progress. You can also log in to the N7HQ site I linked above with your EA/Origin/BioWare account and it'll say whether or not you've completed the challenge on that page (though there could be a slight delay between completing it in-game and that page updating).

    And yeah I've seen a lot of people complaining that Origin is set to a currency that they don't use in their country and they have no way to change it. :/

  18. #12478
    Pandaren Monk barackopala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chile, Viña del Mar
    Posts
    1,756
    It seems like the challenges tab is bellow the store tab, weirdly enough my game doesn't display it D:


    Derped, need retaliation DLC.
    Last edited by barackopala; 2012-12-16 at 04:13 AM.

  19. #12479
    Epic! Duncanîdaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,636
    I would honestly say Leviathan is a must have as well as From Ashes for ME3 DLC. If that was in the game when the original ending was there, I don't think I would of even had a problem with it. It really adds a lot of perspective to the ending and braces you for what's coming. Plus the Leviathans themselves I think are one of the coolest things in the ME universe. The last planet was beautiful and very creepy at the same time I found, one of my favorites in all of ME. I probably stood there on that ship for 20 minutes listening to the ocean and watching those waves and destroyed floating ships in the distance.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 11:21 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I paid the $325 balance on the N7 Ambassador watch yesterday. Got an email saying their early shipment would be getting to their warehouse tomorrow (today now) and they'd be checked in and ready for shipment first thing next week. Originally it was expected for late January/early February shipment, so that was surprising. Was my Christmas gift. lol
    I don't even wear watches and I want that. Such a nice looking watch, but out of my price range for this time of year though.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-12-16 at 04:35 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

  20. #12480
    I would say you should buy the recruit packs to max out all the basic weapons first, so when you buy the better packs, you wont get one of the starter weapons. But that is what I did back when it came out.

    So getting back into the multiplayer this week after a few month break, and holy balls has it changed. And all these changes were free. I am digging the new challenges even if it is just a carrot to keep people playing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •