Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    I would honestly say Leviathan is a must have as well as From Ashes for ME3 DLC. If that was in the game when the original ending was there, I don't think I would of even had a problem with it. It really adds a lot of perspective to the ending and braces you for what's coming. Plus the Leviathans themselves I think are one of the coolest things in the ME universe. The last planet was beautiful and very creepy at the same time I found, one of my favorites in all of ME. I probably stood there on that ship for 20 minutes listening to the ocean and watching those waves and destroyed floating ships in the distance.
    True. I admittedly haven't seen what the Leviathan DLC does to the ending as I haven't finished the game after doing it yet, but I just kinda assumed it wouldn't be that huge. Maybe I was wrong and it is that huge. lol

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 06:50 PM ----------

I don't even wear watches and I want that. Such a nice looking watch, but out of my price range for this time of year though.
    Isn't it though? I'm honestly kind of afraid to wear it even when I do get it just because I'm terrified I'll break it somehow. I have to talk myself into wearing it. XD

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 06:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vom View Post
    I would say you should buy the recruit packs to max out all the basic weapons first, so when you buy the better packs, you wont get one of the starter weapons. But that is what I did back when it came out.
    Ah good point. I think I did that too way back when, it just slipped my mind. It's been so long. x_x

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    True. I admittedly haven't seen what the Leviathan DLC does to the ending as I haven't finished the game after doing it yet, but I just kinda assumed it wouldn't be that huge. Maybe I was wrong and it is that huge. lol
    Leviathan actually adds a fair amount of clarification on the Reapers.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Leviathan actually adds a fair amount of clarification on the Reapers.
    Guess I gotta hurry muh butt up and finish the game on one of my Sheps. Maybe I'll just load up my "main" FemShep before the Cerberus HQ and do the Leviathan DLC real fast. >.> <.<

I was listening to a podcast and they were talking about how much better the story of ME3 is with Leviathan, to the point that it's insulting to those who didn't get it before. Do any of you guys feel like it's that crucial to the ending?

Guess I gotta hurry muh butt up and finish the game on one of my Sheps. Maybe I'll just load up my "main" FemShep before the Cerberus HQ and do the Leviathan DLC real fast. >.> <.<
    Well the end doesn't add much that Leviathan didn't already explain to Shepard; its mostly just Starbrat acknowledging them and adding his own perspective.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    I was listening to a podcast and they were talking about how much better the story of ME3 is with Leviathan, to the point that it's insulting to those who didn't get it before. Do any of you guys feel like it's that crucial to the ending?
    Leviathan was definitely a good a edition to the story of ME3, because it made the Starbrat seem less "oh hai there, I'm the AI in the citadel" to something that was actually foreshadowed in the story. I think it should have been part of the original story to be honest, but eh, oh well I still enjoyed the game very much overall.

Hurry up a week.
    I want mah PS3 Mass Effect trilogy to arrive.
    Finally keen to have all 3 gmaes on one platform.
    Then inc the spending spree of buying the ME3 dlc's, ugh.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Yah the kid does comment on it in the end but I was more referring to just the info you get during the main portion. Going to use spoiler tags since barackopala hasn't played it yet. That whole conversation is pretty intense and filled with juicy information. It also prepares you for the AI out of nowhere at the end. By playing the Leviathan DLC you actually know before the ending that some AI is behind everything and the tragic irony that led to it's creation and rebellion.

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 12:37 AM ----------

I do. I really think there would have been less outcry over the ending in regards to the child, if it was in game from the start.

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 01:04 AM ----------

Also, if a banshee grabs someone and is about to spear them is there a specific way to break it next to killing her by the time its over? I've noticed a on a few occasions, even myself, getting dropped sometimes while they are still alive. Is there a certain power combo or weapon type that breaks it?
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-12-16 at 05:46 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Also, if a banshee grabs someone and is about to spear them is there a specific way to break it next to killing her by the time its over? I've noticed a on a few occasions, even myself, getting dropped sometimes while they are still alive. Is there a certain power combo or weapon type that breaks it?
    As far as I know it's just any sort of heavy damage that breaks them out. Kinda makes them "stagger" and drop the victim in the process.

I remember having a biotic detonation cancel a Banshee's grab once.

Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    -snip-

Your infraction message will tell you why your signature was removed.
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-12-16 at 04:13 PM.

To Cancel One shot animation you need to stagger the unit. Stagger is a damage threshold, you can read it/edit it from the coalesced

(Category="Banshee", CategoryData=((StatName="MeleeAttackInterval",StatRange=(X=0.0f,Y=0.0f)),(StatName="SyncMeleeAttackInterval",StatRange=(X=2.0f,Y=2.0f)),(StatName="ShieldFrequency",StatRange=(X=4.0f,Y=4.0f)),(StatName="ShieldDuration",StatRan ge=(X=4.0f,Y=4.0f)),(StatName="LongRangeBlastInterval",StatRange=(X=6.0f,Y=4.0f)),(StatNam e="BlastInterval",StatRange=(X=2.0f,Y=1.5f)),(StatName="AggressiveDuration",StatRange=(X=4 0.0f,Y=40.0f)),(StatName="AOEBlastInterval",StatRange=(X=1.0f,Y=1.0f)),(StatName="Teleport Interval",StatRange=(X=4.0f,Y=4.0f)),(StatName="MaxTeleports",StatRange=(X=12.0f,Y=12.0f)) ,(StatName="SyncKillChance",StatRange=(X=0.5f,Y=0.5f)),(StatName="BreachDamageThreshold",StatRange=(X=3000.0f,Y=3500.0f)),(StatName="MaxBreachDa mageThreshold",StatRange=(X=7000.0f,Y=7000.0f)),(StatName="BreachDamageResetDuration",Stat Range=(X=2.0f,Y=2.0f)),(StatName="ChargedIntervalLow",StatRange=(X=15.0f,Y=10.0f)),(StatNa me="ChargedIntervalHigh",StatRange=(X=20.0f,Y=15.0f)),(StatName="MaxChargedBanshees",StatR ange=(X=2.0f,Y=2.0f)),(StatName="MaxHealth",StatRange=(X=11250.0f,Y=16875.0f)),(StatName=" MaxBarriers",StatRange=(X=6750.0f,Y=10125.0f)),(StatName="MaxEnemyShieldRecharge",StatRang e=(X=1.0f,Y=1.0f)),(StatName="AIShieldRegenDelay",StatRange=(X=8.0f,Y=8.0f)),(StatName="AI ShieldRegenPct",StatRange=(X=0.1f,Y=0.1f)),(StatName="PowerThreshold_Standard",StatRange=( X=1000.0f,Y=1000.0f)),(StatName="PowerThreshold_Stagger",StatRange=(X=1200.0f,Y=1200.0f)),(StatName="PowerThreshold_Knockback",StatRange=(X=1500.0f,Y=1500.0f)),(StatName="HitReact ionChanceMultiplier",StatRange=(X=0.3f,Y=0.3f))))

In gold you need to do 1200 pts of damage. Sync kill melee attack will happen every 2 secs if you are in melee, and have a 50% success rate.

If you hit her with an attack that has a lot of Force to it, or is a severely damaging attack, it will stagger an enemy. If the Banshee, or any other synch-kill enemy is staggered, it is interrupted.

Nope. It doesn't change anything about the ending. It just tells you who created the Reapers and a small glimpse of why they do what they do. It isn't really any information that changes the ending.

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 06:48 AM ----------

Warp followed by a throw, and warp followed by a biotic charge can stagger enemies. There are actually a lot of things that can stagger enemies though it will be the powers and weapons that are high in force that allow you to interrupt sync kills from a banshee. This is why the Falcon (before the nerfs) was such a powerful weapon. The grenades could stagger anything they hit and they had high damage and force which meant you could stagger pretty much anything.

Stagger is similar to stun or stun lock that you can find in many games (or that you shouldn't be able to find in many games)

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 06:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
    If you hit her with an attack that has a lot of Force to it, or is a severely damaging attack, it will stagger an enemy. If the Banshee, or any other synch-kill enemy is staggered, it is interrupted.
    The Banshee though has a charge up time so it really is the only practical sync kill to interrupt with stagger. The phantom can be stopped by a stagger but you have to pretty much have the shot/power already traveling in order to save someone. The phantom is stopped by destroying the sword which renders the sync kill impossible. And basically turns the phantom into a acrobatic turret with a barrier.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Valiant VI acquired!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Oh how I love the MMO-Champion boards full of butthurt guys ... Someone got offended by my sig and reported me Well at least I can only laugh at this.
    Your "Shepard deserves better fans" sig?

Seriously?

That was "offensive?"

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Your "Shepard deserves better fans" sig?

Seriously?

That was "offensive?"
    Yep Dunno why but that only amuses me.

Yep Dunno why but that only amuses me.
    Yeah, sadly it seems some people just can't handle being made fun of. I saw no reason to remove it, and this is coming from someone who thought the ME3 ending sucked.
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2012-12-16 at 04:28 PM.
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

Oh how I love the MMO-Champion boards full of butthurt guys ... Someone got offended by my sig and reported me Well at least I can only laugh at this.
    Before insulting people, or a forum you should probably familiarize yourself with the rules of said forum. I didn't bother to look at your last signature but if your current one is any indication it was likely the length that was the violation. The Rules can be read here:http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tures-Avatars/

The relevant parts, though you should still familiarize yourself with the rest, are :

Maximum signature width: 500px total. If you have a 250px image and a 300px image side by side, that would be violating this rule.
    Maximum signature height: 100px total (including text). If you have a 75px image and a 50px image one below the other, that would be

Your current signature is 650px x 30 px. You are violating the rules by 150 px. You should probably change it as soon as you get a chance as you could be infracted for repeated violations of the signature rules (if you weren't already infracted for your last signature)

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 09:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Valiant VI acquired!
    I unlocked version 8 with this challenge. Even though the valiant isn't as powerful or cool as some of the newer sniper rifles it can still be a very versatile weapon. It likely will never be useful on platinum but it is great for silver and bronze.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Ah come on that signature bullshit just sucks. I had my old sig for ages until I got reported. Why bother with that crap if it only gets you infracted? I am no wizard to guess the width and pixels of a sig.
    Last edited by The Illusive Man; 2012-12-16 at 03:52 PM.