Quote Originally Posted by Cat1337 View Post
    Enemies have a bit more health and defenses, they are also much more aggressive and dodge a lot more often (especially Phantoms). I think other factions spawn on specific waves I believe and I think they are always certain enemy types only. For example when I did collectors on platinum mostly Dragoons/Phantoms and Brutes/Banshees showed up. I'm no pro at Platinum though so this is just scraping up info from my own experiences.
    Your shields will also take longer to recharge, and ammo crates will give you less ammo per thermal clip you pick up.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Oh, cool. Sounds scary, think I'll stick with Gold for a little while longer.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Every time I look for an challenge I think I could complete, there is some requirement in a platinum match.

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    Every time I look for an challenge I think I could complete, there is some requirement in a platinum match.
    really? there are only 3 meta challenges that require anything platinum.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboA View Post
    really? there are only 3 meta challenges that require anything platinum.
    Yea, I'm also interested in what you mean Shop Ebay. Looking at the challenges, most can be done on any difficulty.
    Last edited by Statix; 2013-02-24 at 11:27 PM.
    Statix will suffice.

Guess I forgot how many challenges had the platinum match requirement in it. I'm at 83% with Squad Elite but I'm being blocked by 0/25 gold/platinum extractions. Sniper rifle mastery banner sounds awesome but just requires you to use a bunch of weapons I hate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    No extra damage, hp or anything like that, right?
    It is the same as every other difficulty. So there is extra damage, shields, armor and etc. Just adding more numbers doesn't really make things difficult though it just adds to the length it takes to kill stuff. Platinum is really only a challenge because it can add any type of mob.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

One more day until the MP dlc, anyone getting pumped? im so pumped right now!

I have saved up 8 million credits and i got all my characters at level 20 waiting to promote them on patch day for some free level ups when unlocking the new classes.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It is the same as every other difficulty. So there is extra damage, shields, armor and etc. Just adding more numbers doesn't really make things difficult though it just adds to the length it takes to kill stuff. Platinum is really only a challenge because it can add any type of mob.
    Yeah what makes Platinum so difficult is the fact that even if you play against the Collectors other though boss mobs like Banshees, Brutes, Primes, Phantoms and normal mobs show up. So you play against an enemy that is pretty difficult by itself with all those Scions, Preatorians, Generals and the game adds other pretty tough ones to the mix on Platinum.

Having a Banshee and a few Preatorians plus Scions and Ravagers (the ultimate ranged destroyers) show up on the same wave makes your life pretty difficult on Platinum and if you add a few Phantoms then you really have a few problems

BTW: Just finished my Lone Wolf banner yesterday I have to admit that I did not do solo Platinum but the 2 solo golds. Wasn't that difficult on my Kroguard to be honest (Cyclonic Modulator 3 is amazing - 3000 shields with instant barrier replenish on every charge, combined with +200% power recharge)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboA View Post
    One more day until the MP dlc, anyone getting pumped? im so pumped right now!

I have saved up 8 million credits and i got all my characters at level 20 waiting to promote them on patch day for some free level ups when unlocking the new classes.
    Holy sssshhhhhh... Man, 8 million credits. I can't even get myself to save more than 100k, because I still have to level up and unlock so much.

Tried my first Bronze solo yesterday. Went pretty smooth. Only had a gear bonus and it actually went pretty great. Had to use self-revive twice, but managed to get to wave 11. I started throwing Multi-Frag Grenades at one Praetorian and two Scions. Nearly killed one Scion, so I fired by AR at him. In the meanwhile, two Abominations appear from my right and start hitting me. So, I wanna get out of there, but a Scion shoots and kills me. I failed because in the end I wasn't careful. Just had to survive for 90 more seconds... Man, was I pissed off. Used Reeger Carbine II. Don't have to worry about power recharge speed as a N7 Destroyer does not have powers affected by it. Can't wait to level that shotgun up and be even more deadly using it than I already am now.

Will be trying solo Bronze again today.
    Statix will suffice.

I have just under 300k. >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Holy sssshhhhhh... Man, 8 million credits. I can't even get myself to save more than 100k, because I still have to level up and unlock so much.

Tried my first Bronze solo yesterday. Went pretty smooth. Only had a gear bonus and it actually went pretty great. Had to use self-revive twice, but managed to get to wave 11. I started throwing Multi-Frag Grenades at one Praetorian and two Scions. Nearly killed one Scion, so I fired by AR at him. In the meanwhile, two Abominations appear from my right and start hitting me. So, I wanna get out of there, but a Scion shoots and kills me. I failed because in the end I wasn't careful. Just had to survive for 90 more seconds... Man, was I pissed off. Used Reeger Carbine II. Don't have to worry about power recharge speed as a N7 Destroyer does not have powers affected by it. Can't wait to level that shotgun up and be even more deadly using it than I already am now.

Will be trying solo Bronze again today.
    I was shocked how easy solo silver is on a Krogan Vanguard even with only gear bonus. Against Geth it is so easy and not even a challenge.

I play as a full tank/melee build and it just rocks !! On other kits I die a lot on silver/gold even with 3 other players but on the Kroguard I manage to solo silver with 0 deaths (10 waves survived) in each match.

My favorite map for soloing is Hazard reactor because it helps you a lot on gold and the fact that the map is pretty big means that you have much more room to tactically maneuver and the reactor that you can overheat is pretty neat if you have lots of Primes and other enemies!!

Anyway good luck for your solo adventures Statix I never quite liked the Destroyer for soloing but it rocks with a Typhoon !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys!

Here is a profile image with all of the new DLC kits:

We're gonna play as collectors/protheans!

As much as I want that to happen, I'm not gonna hold my breath. Any source for that image?

Though it would explain why they've been so secretive about the last kit.

Deleted

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mass...6013132-1.html

"Prepare for the Reckoning! Newfound allies join the multiplayer war for survival in Mass Effect 3: Reckoning. The Geth Juggernaut, Cabal Vanguard, Talon Mercenary, Alliance Infiltration Unit, !! and more !! take up arms to stop the Reaper threat. Smash your enemies with the Biotic Hammer as you lay waste to the battlefield as the Krogan Warlord."

BioWare confirmed that this MP will have an ADEPT (Alliance Infiltration Unit - Infiltrator, Geth Juggernaut - Soldier, Cabal Vanguard - Vanguard) and they have not mentioned it thus far.

Look at this leaked banner !! Looks like the Adept is a Leviathan-controlled Collector !!!! You can find more new banners if you click the above mentioned link.

I am looking forward to the live stream today and the DLC tomorrow

10+ Year Old Account
    Found that image in a forum which I always trust. No source yet, but I trust it for now.

I've not done multiplayer in ages but im on my ME2 playthrough, so when thats done I will do ME3 and thus need MP to get my readiness up. The collectors are part of a paid DLC right? If so I might put some £ into that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Found that image in a forum which I always trust. No source yet, but I trust it for now.
    Yeah it is not confirmed but BW has not denied it yet !! Normally they deny every leak and say that it is bullshit but not this banners.

Damn I am looking forward to see if it truly is a Collector

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I've not done multiplayer in ages but im on my ME2 playthrough, so when thats done I will do ME3 and thus need MP to get my readiness up. The collectors are part of a paid DLC right? If so I might put some £ into that.
    There's a workaround for that - save game editing.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side