1. #13801
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    14,282
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    The fem shep crew probably hate him. He ditched her and got some tramp up the duff.

    I'm a Bro shep player and straight. So I have no issues with Jacob. Hes ok.

    Since Garrus is taken I will be legion. Hes bad ass.
    Playing a FemShep is not even remotely the reason I hate Jacob.

    I hate Jacob because he's a dull character.

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  2. #13802
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I disliked like Jacob because I never really liked his personality when I met him. Idk why, but I just never warmed up to him really and then I saw his romance through youtube...and no thanks. I'm not really a fan of being consider "DA PRIIIZZEEEE" so yeah that's where my personal dislike comes from. Though I do think the whole thing in Me3 is kind of a dick move, it wasn't what sparked my Jacob dislike.
    The problem with Jacob is that he is just a side character that was trying to be a main character. I really wish they would have given a choice for Jacob or Miranda to be the "lead" in the Cerberus side of it. It just doesn't make sense to have both of them on board and then give almost all of the Cerberus representation to Miranda.

    I actually liked him more in ME3 as you saw more of his character and the story just seemed to be better over all. There is just something about his ME2 story that just doesn't feel "good" to me. I can't really place it though to put it into specifics.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  3. #13803
    Dreadlord Nazrark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    819
    Jacob was an alright person. He was the person who wanted to follow in Shepard's footsteps. After seeing his success as a solo operative with a crew. They created a program that was like him (Corsairs I believe), which Jacob participated in. But since Jacob was not a Spectre, he was caught in a little bit of red tape. Which eventually led to his participation with Cerberus.

    As for the Squadmate choices. I have been the Tali fanboy and always gone with her when possible. I swear it's the suit and dem hips.

    Origin & LoL Username: Vaklaruush
    Friend Code: 0173 2722 8584
    US-Blackrock-Teamwork-Horde / Bastion-Unaffiliated Losers-Republic

  4. #13804
    I actually don't mind Jacob's story. Sure, it sucks if you romanced him and wanted to continue it, but I didn't like Jacob AS a romance option even in 2. I just found him annoying and overly flirtatious if you're nice to him off the start, even before actual romance options appear.

  5. #13805
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    14,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I actually don't mind Jacob's story. Sure, it sucks if you romanced him and wanted to continue it, but I didn't like Jacob AS a romance option even in 2. I just found him annoying and overly flirtatious if you're nice to him off the start, even before actual romance options appear.
    His story was alright. He was just a boring character.

    You have the Turian Batman vigilante
    The Drell monk/assassin
    The perfect genetically engineered woman
    The mad salarian scientist
    The master thief
    The gnarly vengeful mercenary (RIP Robin Sachs)
    The quirky Quarian engineer
    The pure Krogan
    The battlemaster and clan leader of the Krogan
    The last voice of the Protheans
    The psychopath convict
    The Asari justicar
    (Or, the Asari sex dominatrix)
    The sharpshooting, soul-searching Geth
    The artificial intelligence who seeks to understand what it is to be human

    Kaiden, Ashley, James and Jacob are kinda boring.

    But at least James makes up for it for at least being kinda funny.

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  6. #13806
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    His story was alright. He was just a boring character.

    You have the Turian Batman vigilante
    The Drell monk/assassin
    The perfect genetically engineered woman
    The mad salarian scientist
    The master thief
    The gnarly vengeful mercenary (RIP Robin Sachs)
    The quirky Quarian engineer
    The pure Krogan
    The battlemaster and clan leader of the Krogan
    The last voice of the Protheans
    The psychopath convict
    The Asari justicar
    (Or, the Asari sex dominatrix)
    The sharpshooting, soul-searching Geth
    The artificial intelligence who seeks to understand what it is to be human

    Kaiden, Ashley, James and Jacob are kinda boring.

    But at least James makes up for it for at least being kinda funny.
    Honestly I found Miranda to be boring too. Which is a shame, they can make interesting human characters like Anderson and Joker and Hackett, but their human squad members tend to suffer. Sure, she's 'the perfect womanz!' but I still found her kind of dull.

  7. #13807
    Dreadlord Nazrark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    819
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Honestly I found Miranda to be boring too. Which is a shame, they can make interesting human characters like Anderson and Joker and Hackett, but their human squad members tend to suffer. Sure, she's 'the perfect womanz!' but I still found her kind of dull.
    Most of the human squad members mirror Sherpard in some form (it also depends on which origin format you chose, for this I'll use the survivor/spacer). Ashley is the lone survivor of an attack on an alliance colony. James and Jacob both wanted to be Shepard. James was Shepard for a moment and it broke him. Jacob was Shepard and couldn't handle the rules of it all. Miranda, despite her attempts to make it seem like she can handle it, cannot handle being perfect and trying to live up to everyone's expectations.

    I'm not really sure of Kaiden. He has always died on Virmire for me. But I know he was a survivor of jump zero and chooses to live with the imperfections that it brought (L2 implants). I cannot say too much about Kasumi either since we aren't given much of a detailed backstory on her.

    Zaeed is more likable to us, because he does whatever he wants. He gets the job done, no matter what. So he emulates the Spectre aspect of Shepard.

    Origin & LoL Username: Vaklaruush
    Friend Code: 0173 2722 8584
    US-Blackrock-Teamwork-Horde / Bastion-Unaffiliated Losers-Republic

  8. #13808
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Most of the human squad members mirror Sherpard in some form (it also depends on which origin format you chose, for this I'll use the survivor/spacer).
    It does make me wonder how much of Shepards life was engineered from the start. So many things in his "history" seem like they were set up by someone when you look at the stories and past of everyone else in the game. And the only person that comes to mind is Cerberus engineering Shepard into a spectre from the get go. I hope one thing happens with ME4 and that is Cerberus returns in one form or another with just as much cunning and evilness.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  9. #13809
    Dreadlord Nazrark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    819
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It does make me wonder how much of Shepards life was engineered from the start. So many things in his "history" seem like they were set up by someone when you look at the stories and past of everyone else in the game. And the only person that comes to mind is Cerberus engineering Shepard into a spectre from the get go. I hope one thing happens with ME4 and that is Cerberus returns in one form or another with just as much cunning and evilness.
    Using the Survivor origin. His life was partially engineered by Cerberus. They released the Thresher Maw on Akuze as an experiment. Cerberus could have had an amazing integrated story with Shepard.

    Origin & LoL Username: Vaklaruush
    Friend Code: 0173 2722 8584
    US-Blackrock-Teamwork-Horde / Bastion-Unaffiliated Losers-Republic

  10. #13810
    Sheperd was engineer, by the reapers. *tin foil hat*

    but seriously James was brilliant him and garrus doing the pissing contest, loved it. "The harvesters left and egg and I tamed it and flew on it " ok thats not the exact phrase but its still funny

  11. #13811
    Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,753
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Sheperd was engineer, by the reapers. *tin foil hat*

    but seriously James was brilliant him and garrus doing the pissing contest, loved it. "The harvesters left and egg and I tamed it and flew on it " ok thats not the exact phrase but its still funny
    Also when James tried to talk with Javik while he cooked his egg stuff. James tried to question Javik if he likes to smoke, drink and all that stuff.

    James and Javik are amazing.

    BTW: I can totally see how Cerberus could have something to do with "crafting" Shepard before ME1. I mean Cerberus wants to uplift humanity and there has never been any human Spectre. So what does Cerberus do? They look for an amazing dude/girl and try to "guide" them passively through events like Akuze. They probably knew that Shep was there with his squad.

    Also Cerberus could have helped Shepard get out of that slums on Earth as Earthborn and of course they would have likely not appeared as Cerberus to Shepard but maybe as some benevolent dudes that wanted to help Shepard.

    In some way TIM saw that Shepard is the hope for humanity in defeating the Reapers and gaining more influence in the galactic society. TIM knew about the Reapers since he came into contact with that Artifact in the "Evolution" comic which took place over 25 years prior to ME1. That means that he may have looked for a way to defeat them which is visible by him trying to create biotic "weapon" children (like Jack) and maybe also by helping Shepard.

  12. #13812
    Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    Also when James tried to talk with Javik while he cooked his egg stuff. James tried to question Javik if he likes to smoke, drink and all that stuff.

    James and Javik are amazing.

    BTW: I can totally see how Cerberus could have something to do with "crafting" Shepard before ME1. I mean Cerberus wants to uplift humanity and there has never been any human Spectre. So what does Cerberus do? They look for an amazing dude/girl and try to "guide" them passively through events like Akuze. They probably knew that Shep was there with his squad.

    Also Cerberus could have helped Shepard get out of that slums on Earth as Earthborn and of course they would have likely not appeared as Cerberus to Shepard but maybe as some benevolent dudes that wanted to help Shepard.

    In some way TIM saw that Shepard is the hope for humanity in defeating the Reapers and gaining more influence in the galactic society. TIM knew about the Reapers since he came into contact with that Artifact in the "Evolution" comic which took place over 25 years prior to ME1. That means that he may have looked for a way to defeat them which is visible by him trying to create biotic "weapon" children (like Jack) and maybe also by helping Shepard.
    So what you are saying is you're the one whos responsible?!

    I watched the animation of James back story. I actually enjoyed watching that. To me james is what you will find in a lot of soldiers. A load of bravado joking around etc infact hes just like my mate whos last name is james. I reminded him of this.

  13. #13813
    Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,753
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    So what you are saying is you're the one whos responsible?!

    I watched the animation of James back story. I actually enjoyed watching that. To me james is what you will find in a lot of soldiers. A load of bravado joking around etc infact hes just like my mate whos last name is james. I reminded him of this.
    Yes I have been looking for a badass person to be the first human Spectre ever since I changed my name from "Jack Harper" to "Illusive Man"

    Jack and Shepard were the subjects I tried to forge into weapons (of course there were others too) and both of them were a success even if both of them ended up with the Alliance in ME3.

    I think it is pretty ironic that Shepard goes from "Control is BAAAD" to "So TIM was right after all" in a matter of 5 minutes at the end. Why has he not believed me when I told him "Control is the means to survival" yet he believed it from an unknown super intelligent AI which he does not even know?

    Ah well pretty ironic that he ended up controlling the Reapers anyway despite him accusing me for trying to do it mere minutes before he used that electric sticks to CONTROL them *confused*
    Last edited by The Illusive Man; 2013-02-20 at 11:14 AM.

  14. #13814
    Dreadlord Nazrark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    819
    Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    Yes I have been looking for a badass person to be the first human Spectre ever since I changed my name from "Jack Harper" to "Illusive Man"

    Jack and Shepard were the subjects I tried to forge into weapons (of course there were others too) and both of them were a success even if both of them ended up with the Alliance in ME3.

    I think it is pretty ironic that Shepard goes from "Control is BAAAD" to "So TIM was right after all" in a matter of 5 minutes at the end. Why has he not believed me when I told him "Control is the means to survival" yet he believed it from an unknown super intelligent AI which he does not even know?

    Ah well pretty ironic that he ended up controlling the Reapers anyway despite him accusing me for trying to do it mere minutes before he used that electric sticks to CONTROL them *confused*
    I don't think he's ever changed his name. The only person alive who knows it is himself. Saren was killed off by Shepard. ME4 should really be centred around "Jack Harper" in the First Contact War and the subsequent 5 and 6 be the history of Cerberus.

    Origin & LoL Username: Vaklaruush
    Friend Code: 0173 2722 8584
    US-Blackrock-Teamwork-Horde / Bastion-Unaffiliated Losers-Republic

  15. #13815
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I don't think he's ever changed his name. The only person alive who knows it is himself. Saren was killed off by Shepard. ME4 should really be centred around "Jack Harper" in the First Contact War and the subsequent 5 and 6 be the history of Cerberus.
    ME4 should be the return of Shepard. Me5 and 6 should be about Shepard finding EA and finishing them off before they ruin CNC games even more.

    JK aside, I'm not sure what I want from the new ME games. Will our character bloody surivive this time? I'd like to think if i do everything perfectly I get the option to. I dont mind my character dieing, but only if i make the wrong choices.

  16. #13816
    Warchief WarpedAcorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    2,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I don't think he's ever changed his name. The only person alive who knows it is himself. Saren was killed off by Shepard. ME4 should really be centred around "Jack Harper" in the First Contact War and the subsequent 5 and 6 be the history of Cerberus.
    The First Contact Wars would be a good setting, but I would be bummed out to have an entire squad of humans instead of an interesting blend of aliens.

  17. #13817
    Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,753
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I don't think he's ever changed his name. The only person alive who knows it is himself. Saren was killed off by Shepard. ME4 should really be centred around "Jack Harper" in the First Contact War and the subsequent 5 and 6 be the history of Cerberus.
    Yeah sure he did not rename himself but after he "became" TIM no one really knew his real name anymore because he only acted as Illusive Man and not Jack Harper.

    Jack Harper "died" and "The Illusive Man" was born.

    BTW: I would actually love to play as Jack Harper during the First Contact !! It would fit perfectly because ME has always been about a squad of 3 (Shep and 2 others) on Missions and Jack also had 2 friends with him during the missions (Ben Hislop and Eva Coré).

    That would be amazing.

  18. #13818
    Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    Yeah sure he did not rename himself but after he "became" TIM no one really knew his real name anymore because he only acted as Illusive Man and not Jack Harper.

    Jack Harper "died" and "The Illusive Man" was born.

    BTW: I would actually love to play as Jack Harper during the First Contact !! It would fit perfectly because ME has always been about a squad of 3 (Shep and 2 others) on Missions and Jack also had 2 friends with him during the missions (Ben Hislop and Eva Coré).

    That would be amazing.
    they could do the whole Rachni wars or krogran rebellions.

    Or something utterly odd, we go a few hundreds years into the future and we find a new threat one that the reapers would not withstand. Something that wants to devour all life organic and synthetic! (or synthesis.... urgh)

  19. #13819
    Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,753
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    they could do the whole Rachni wars or krogran rebellions.

    Or something utterly odd, we go a few hundreds years into the future and we find a new threat one that the reapers would not withstand. Something that wants to devour all life organic and synthetic! (or synthesis.... urgh)
    You mean the LEVIATHANS ? Yeah I can totally see them taking control over the galaxy once more after Shepard cleaned up their little Reaper mess.

    They were the dominators of the Galaxy a few billion years before ME so I can assume that they want to once more enthrall everyone. Maybe those 3 Leviathans we saw are not the only surviving ones and there are actually a lot more of them hiding?

    Leviathans would be a thread much bigger than the Reapers are !! Look at how easily they can control a reaper ship

  20. #13820
    I'd rather have a sequel, a prequel would make every actions and choices meaningless as it wouldn't change the outcome of everything happening in the first three mass effect games.

    I'd like a threat seemingly unrelated to the reapers at first that then turn out to be a consequence of the reapers beeing out of the picture. And at the end "The Reapers were right all along!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •