15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I think it would be safer to say you are one of the 2% who isn't fine with the ending.
    Are you kidding me?

Even the Bioware Social Network, which is usually a bastion of people who defend Bioware's every last move, are up in arms about it.

One last time, there's no solidarity about it.

Mass Relays are destroyed

---This effectively traps every galactic fleet in Sol. It would take years to enter another system at FTL - and that's their only method of travel. Communications are effectively completely decimated, since real-time communication was enabled via comm buoys that functioned off of Mass Relays. Sure, they can try to build another one, but that would require A. Plans that are found on Ilos and B. actually getting the resources to build said relay WITHOUT other relays to rely on.

Normandy on some jungle planet

---Depending on who survives, Tali and Garrus are dead regardless. Dextro-amino lifeforms cannot function in the same environment that conventional lifeforms can. They don't get nutrients out of the food the way "normal" lifeforms do. They're gone right away. And even then, how did the Normandy leave the system? Why would they leave the system? Abandoning the fight isn't something Joker and the crew would do.

That's just two of the many, ridiculous holes the end leaves open. There's so many more.

Last edited by Kaneiac; 2012-03-13 at 12:49 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok.....I just finished the "New Game+"

I found no discernible changes from my imported complete game ending the New Game+ ending. What I suspect is that the ending video after the credits is the easter egg that was mentioned.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be safer to say you are one of the 2% who isn't fine with the ending.
    Unfortunately no, he's right.

Shoo troll, be gone. At least provide a source if you wish to be taken seriously.

http://social.bioware.com/633606/polls/28989/
    The #1 biggest poll on the Bioware Social Network (more than x3 more votes than the second biggest, so it's an immensely popular poll). It clearly shows 2% has voted that the endings are, and I quote, "Fine as it is". 89% voted "Endings suck".

Please don't call others trolls. If you think someone is trolling, report them and ignore the post
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-03-13 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quirin View Post
    Well I just finished the game

I have to say, really good ending, the choices are really mind blown. Literally took me an hour to figure out what I wanted to do but in the end I chose to destroy the reapers. Humanity just isn't ready for controlling such an advanced race. And I can't destroy all synthetic life, it's just wrong. Not all synthetics are bad. The Mass Relays can be rebuilt, it may take awhile but humanity now knows that there is other life out there and humanity had come along way in terms of technology. I think that if we can build the Crucible, we can rebuild the Mass Relays. The Reapers are now gone for good I hope and the galaxy and its vast worlds can finally live in peace.

Not all synthetics are bad? But the destroy option kills ALL synthetics including geth and EDI. Mass Relays can't simply be "rebuilt" the technology is far above what the different species currently posess. How would humanity do that anyways? They are left with the largest fleet ever assembled trapped in the Sol system with a devistated planet as the only source of resources...

The ending is terrible it pretty much craps on all the diplomatic work I spent the entire game doing. I just can't rage enough about it.

Here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b33tJx8iy0A
    Last edited by Xeones; 2012-03-13 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quirin View Post
    Well I just finished the game

I have to say, really good ending, the choices are really mind blown. Literally took me an hour to figure out what I wanted to do but in the end I chose to destroy the reapers. Humanity just isn't ready for controlling such an advanced race. And I can't destroy all synthetic life, it's just wrong. Not all synthetics are bad. The Mass Relays can be rebuilt, it may take awhile but humanity now knows that there is other life out there and humanity had come along way in terms of technology. I think that if we can build the Crucible, we can rebuild the Mass Relays. The Reapers are now gone for good I hope and the galaxy and its vast worlds can finally live in peace.
    Ehhh, no.
    1.You did destroy whole synthetic life.
    2.Rebuilding mass relays is not possible. It might be possible in tens of thousands of years though.
    3. Billions, if not trillions will die because of the destruction of mass relays, since thousands of colonies can not sustain themselves. How is that a good ending?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    My only complaint is that there's no closure, or real "choice" of endings.
    Even though I was prepared for the worst I absolutely agree with this statement. Everyone else who has finished the game and has talked with me about it has the thought the same thing; we want closure. All of the people who I've talked with want it so badly they're willing to pay for it. And in all honesty? So am I. There's just so many loose ends and unsatisfied feelings they (hopefully) will act on the complaints and do god damn something about it.

So yes, I didn't think the endings were as bad as I was prepared to encounter but there was/is definitely room for something better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    Even though I was prepared for the worst I absolutely agree with this statement. Everyone else who has finished the game and has talked with me about it has the thought the same thing; we want closure. All of the people who I've talked with want it so badly they're willing to pay for it. And in all honesty? So am I. There's just so many loose ends and unsatisfied feelings they (hopefully) will act on the complaints and do god damn something about it.

So yes, I didn't think the endings were as bad as I was prepared to encounter but there was/is definitely room for something better.
    As much as it pains me to say, I really don't think they're going to create a new ending.

It would be them admitting that they screwed up, for one, and I don't think they're going to do that. Also, it'd have to be free or else there'd be even MORE backlash, and I don't think EA would be okay with making it free.

It's pretty much all but confirmed that they want an MMO for the ME universe, and odds are they'll create some sort of DLC leading into that before they ever create a proper ending.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I'm not 100% sure what you're asking, but I believe the answer is no. There are 3 choices, red, blue, and green. As long as you have high enough EMS you can pick any of them. It is explained very briefly what each of these options will do, (though you're not allowed to ask questions about them) but these choices are not shown in the game's epilogue, as there really isn't one. You get a final cutscene, which is basically the same no matter what ending you choose. If you have over 4000 (or 5000 depending on a previous conversation) EMS, then the red ending has an extra 5 second scene.

Note, I do not believe red and blue represent renegade and paragon in this case. There are no paragon and renegade choices in the ending, and previous choices don't matter for the most part. The only thing that really matters is EMS.
    I'm pretty sure you answered my question. I didn't figure that there was. I'm guessing it has to do with the conversation you have with the illusive man towards the end? or is that just another opportunity for P/R points?

I didn't have enough to even choose either of them my first playthrough so I don't know what the other choices even are.

Loved the majority of the game....but they fucked up with the endings...almost ruined the whole thing for me. So many unanswered questions, and you can sum up all 3 endings in a sentence....reapers beaten, sheperd sacrifices himself, and mass relays destroyed....bam....every ending.....complete bullshit.

I had my rep bar 100% filled, and i couldnt take the third renegade or paragon option at the end....was wondering if it possibly lead to a different ending, im pretty sure you need like 100% paragon rep or 100% renegade rep to do either tho, with none of the opposite rep.
    Last edited by Blackout15; 2012-03-13 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    Shoo troll, be gone. At least provide a source if you wish to be taken seriously.

http://social.bioware.com/633606/polls/28989/
    The #1 biggest poll on the Bioware Social Network (more than x3 more votes than the second biggest, so it's an immensely popular poll). It clearly shows 2% has voted that the endings are, and I quote, "Fine as it is". 89% voted "Endings suck".
    Right because everyone who plays the game also posts on the internet. The 2% number was something the original poster I quoted brought up simply because he pulled it whole cloth out of his ass with out anything to back it up. It does not represent everyone nor is it likely ever to. Sources indeed...

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 01:23 AM ----------

Are you kidding me?

Even the Bioware Social Network, which is usually a bastion of people who defend Bioware's every last move, are up in arms about it.

One last time, there's no solidarity about it.

Mass Relays are destroyed

---This effectively traps every galactic fleet in Sol. It would take years to enter another system at FTL - and that's their only method of travel. Communications are effectively completely decimated, since real-time communication was enabled via comm buoys that functioned off of Mass Relays. Sure, they can try to build another one, but that would require A. Plans that are found on Ilos and B. actually getting the resources to build said relay WITHOUT other relays to rely on.

Normandy on some jungle planet

---Depending on who survives, Tali and Garrus are dead regardless. Dextro-amino lifeforms cannot function in the same environment that conventional lifeforms can. They don't get nutrients out of the food the way "normal" lifeforms do. They're gone right away. And even then, how did the Normandy leave the system? Why would they leave the system? Abandoning the fight isn't something Joker and the crew would do.

That's just two of the many, ridiculous holes the end leaves open. There's so many more.

BSN is a shit storm. It's not a bastion of Bioware supporters, it's a collection of retarded hate mongering over next to nothing. Again forum's are not representative of the general opinion of people who play the game. You can head on to any number of mmo gaming forums and recognize this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackout15 View Post
    Loved the majority of the game....but they fucked up with the endings...almost ruined the whole thing for me. So many unanswered questions, and you can sum up all 3 endings in a sentence....reapers beaten, sheperd sacrifices himself, and mass relays destroyed....bam....every ending.....complete bullshit.

I had my rep bar 100% filled, and i couldnt take the third renegade or paragon option at the end....was wondering if it possibly lead to a different ending, im pretty sure you need like 100% paragon rep or 100% renegade rep to do either tho, with none of the opposite rep.
    Maybe that was the difference....

The first time I went through the game I didn't get that either even though it appeared I was at 100%. I figured it was because I accidentally missed a few things (not giving James a round back on the Citadel, and a few others). With the second time through I got a crap ton of rep from normal stuff. So I was able to get that option the second time around. In which case The Illusive Man kills himself; similar to how Saren killed himself.

Deleted
    As much as it pains me to say, I really don't think they're going to create a new ending.

It would be them admitting that they screwed up, for one, and I don't think they're going to do that. Also, it'd have to be free or else there'd be even MORE backlash, and I don't think EA would be okay with making it free.

It's pretty much all but confirmed that they want an MMO for the ME universe, and odds are they'll create some sort of DLC leading into that before they ever create a proper ending.
    All I can do is hope, eh? I still haven't lost all hope with the endings but only time tells what'll happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    All I can do is hope, eh? I still haven't lost all hope with the endings but only time tells what'll happen.
    Honestly, I'm starting to believe more and more about it being a hallucination. There's so many interesting signs there.

Such as Red being destroy the Reapers & Blue being Control - the paragon/renegade colors were switched. Also, Anderson AND TIM somehow being on the Citadel before Shep. Plus so, so, SO much more.

So, yeah, indeed, hope is all we have left.

I found an image I enjoyed that accurately describes the ending "twist".

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...66/530/b95.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    I'm pretty sure you answered my question. I didn't figure that there was. I'm guessing it has to do with the conversation you have with the illusive man towards the end? or is that just another opportunity for P/R points?

I didn't have enough to even choose either of them my first playthrough so I don't know what the other choices even are.
    Yes, that's exactly what it is. If you do the persuades with TIM he shoots himself, thus saving Anderson until he bleeds to death two minutes later. This somehow reduces the EMS requirement for the perfect ending from 5000 to 4000.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, that's exactly what it is. If you do the persuades with TIM he shoots himself, thus saving Anderson until he bleeds to death two minutes later. This somehow reduces the EMS requirement for the perfect ending from 5000 to 4000.
    Oohhhh! So that's what it means by "save" Anderson? I was pissed when he died anyways.

Alright, I just thought my game was fucked up. Good to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys I found a much better ending!

Deleted
    Honestly, I'm starting to believe more and more about it being a hallucination. There's so many interesting signs there.

Such as Red being destroy the Reapers & Blue being Control - the paragon/renegade colors were switched. Also, Anderson AND TIM somehow being on the Citadel before Shep. Plus so, so, SO much more.

So, yeah, indeed, hope is all we have left.
    I've actually settled for the hallucination theory as well. There's just so much stuff that wouldn't make sense otherwise. I approached the ending with this mentality since there's quite a bit of stuff backing it up. Like indeed Anderson and TIM appearing there magically before Shepard. All the outerspace thing. How the heck does Shep breathe outside the Conduit, in space, without his/her helmet on? And a few other things you could add to this list.

So I think there really is hope for this, but it's a different thing will it actually go ahead or not. :3

But isn't the "perfect" ending where Shepard lives? Well, assuming it's Shepard taking a breath in the middle of all the rubble. I had a bit over 4000 readiness in the end and I didn't manage to pursue TIM into shooting himself. I ended up pulling the trigger on him. I still got the short scene where [I]"someone"[/I] with the N7-tag appearently survived the events.

Right because everyone who plays the game also posts on the internet. The 2% number was something the original poster I quoted brought up simply because he pulled it whole cloth out of his ass with out anything to back it up. It does not represent everyone nor is it likely ever to. Sources indeed...
    Yet you continue to argue without providing sources for your claim. You do realize you need 1,5 million votes in a row for "endings are fine" in order to make the "endings suck" end up at 2%? That's assuming the next 1 500 000 voters don't find anything wrong with the ending. Plausible?

Besides, 34k votes are a lot. I could change my country with 34k names on a list.