1. #15001
    Mechagnome RoboA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    590
    Hopefully n7 weapons can appear in psp now instead of of just commendation pack. Im in desperate need of n7 valiant!

    Who has completed the insanity operation challenge yet? ive completed twice with collectors and none with the others because of some douche host changing it in the last second...
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

  2. #15002
    does leviathan and uhh omega have any bearing on citadel?

  3. #15003
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Fuck, you're thick.
    Joker didn't have to use anything, he left Normandy with EDI, docking officer said him Mechs are not allowed. Joker said "it's a DAM, I have this syndrome you know". EDI plays along. Officer checks his file, sees that Joker really has that syndrome - let's him have his "DAM". Doesn't scan it for AI -and doesn't suspect anything bad about it - because Joker is embarking from The Normandy (a First Human Spectre's Ship, who already embarked thru this very dock), wears appropriate uniform, ID checks out.
    Mechs are not outlawed from the Citadel, AI are. Just as they are in all of Citadel space. EDI is allowed entry to the citadel not because she comes from the Normandy or because Joker comes from the Normandy. But Because she "plays dumb" and Joker is allowed a Mobility assistance Mech due to his syndrome. Joker could be coming from any ship and the outcome would be the same because he has a medical reason to be accompanied by an advanced mech.

    There are scanners for weapons at the dock. There are no AI detectors there - Mechs are not allowed (with exceptions), VI or AI. You cannot compare smuggling of a knife to smuggling of EDI's temporary body, especially when this said body wasn't SMUGGLED. She embarked from Normandy with Joker, openly, as Mech that her body is.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1FFNVE2z20 and the conversation you have when approaching with Legion in Mass Effect 2 indicate that the Citadel is trying to implement new protocols for detecting and finding Geth infiltrators. C-Sec also has a Department whose purpose is to deal with illegal artificial intelligence, and all AI is technically illegal in Council/Citadel Territory. Only four research groups are allowed to have AI for research purposes. http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Cod...es_.28C-Sec.29

    They have ways of finding AI otherwise EDI wouldn't have had to have hidden as a Mobility Assistance Mech at all. She was smuggled in just as anything else that is illegal was smuggled in. Bring brought past Customs and Security as something you are not is the very definition of smuggle. She wasn't brought in as a Mech controlled by an AI but as a Mobility Assistance Mech that has nothing to do with an AI.

    Being from the Normandy has no bearing on her being allowed onto the station or not. Otherwise you know they wouldn't have had to pretend she was something else to get by customs. They could have just said I'm with Normandy and the Spectre and that would have been enough to get them through if what you say is true.

    I'm not assuming that, YOU are. I just showed you what your assumptions lead to. I assume they brought weapons. No one confiscated anything from them - they just don't have omni-tools.
    High tech - means firstly and ONLY the level of technology required to produce an item. If it takes high tech to produce- it's high tech. Write it down somewhere or memorize.
    A sword is not a high tech weapon just because it is made of material that required technology. A Titanium sword isn't a high tech weapon when compared to a bronze sword. They are both low tech weapons made of different materials. There is nothing high tech about something with a monomolecular edge. It takes technology to create it but that doesn't make it a high tech weapon.

    I can create a Diamond in the lab using technology but that doesn't make a Diamond a high tech weapon if I cut you with it.

    Mono-molecular has nothing to do with actual material. It can be steel, or some alloy, or ceramic (as in omni-blade).
    They are expensive because they are high tech and made of solid material. It's not an electronic device.
    Something that isn't electronic is often called ___ ____. I'll give you a hint the first word is Low and the second word is Tech. Darn I just solved it for you.

    Because, if you have omni-tool and it has that blade ability and you need a combat blade (not a letter opener) for combat situation - what WOULD YOU USE?
    In ME universe I have seen only HIGH tech melee weapons. Those in the picture are not high tech. It is obvious they have no omni-tools.
    But they could have no omni-tools for a variety of reasons, which is my comment that sparked off in the first place. Just because they are not using omni-tool weapons doesn't mean they are in an era that pre-dates omni tools. Maybe they couldn't afford them? Maybe one just likes the visceral feel of slicing skin with metal? Maybe they are brawling. Maybe she was forced to relinquish her Omni-tool to see the crime boss. There could be any number of reasons for why they aren't using Omni-tools. Before the invention of Omni-tools is the least of those reasons.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  4. #15004
    My favorite moment so far in the DLC was bringing Javik to the casino. It was like seeing a trainwreck in slow motion accompanied by clowns! In a good way!

    Now I'm gonna go wash my eyes with soap after seeing Javik dance.

  5. #15005
    Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,789
    So has anyone actually managed to get the assignment "Strange Occurence" in the Combat simulator? I played against everything in there on Ultra enemy settings and Insanity yesterday but the e-mails never gave me this one. I easily topped the scoreboard there

    Technical Issues25 Investigate a strange occurrence in the combat simulator.

    BTW: Those mirror matches are fucking amazing !! Very challenging on Insanity because you fight against BIOTICS and other classes
    Last edited by The Illusive Man; 2013-03-06 at 08:49 AM.

  6. #15006
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,619
    Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    So has anyone actually managed to get the assignment "Strange Occurence" in the Combat simulator? I played against everything in there on Ultra enemy settings and Insanity yesterday but the e-mails never gave me this one. I easily topped the scoreboard there

    Technical Issues25 Investigate a strange occurrence in the combat simulator.

    BTW: Those mirror matches are fucking amazing !! Very challenging on Insanity because you fight against BIOTICS and other classes
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...48489#16148633
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  7. #15007
    Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,789
    Thank you I thought I messed something up at first.

  8. #15008
    Mechagnome RoboA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    590
    Finally i got my valiant from the very last pack from the last challenge!
    Last edited by RoboA; 2013-03-06 at 09:17 AM.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

  9. #15009
    Dreadlord Nazrark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    does leviathan and uhh omega have any bearing on citadel?
    No, the only one that has any effect on it is the ME2 DLC and From Ashes.

    Origin & LoL Username: Vaklaruush
    Friend Code: 0173 2722 8584
    US-Blackrock-Teamwork-Horde / Bastion-Unaffiliated Losers-Republic

  10. #15010
    Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,789
    Damn those Mirror matches are really tough on Insanity. I need to find a good squad combination for that. Prolly something with lots of Shield drain and Armor damage or CC.

    Maybe I´m taking Tali and Grunt or Garrus and James or some Biotic.
    Last edited by The Illusive Man; 2013-03-06 at 09:29 AM.

  11. #15011
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    No, the only one that has any effect on it is the ME2 DLC and From Ashes.
    Damn. Don't have the ME2 dlc. I'm guessing it's for the characters? Like Kasumi basically? I guess I can file edit that shit in right?

  12. #15012
    Elemental Lord Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    8,744
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Mechs are not outlawed from the Citadel, AI are. Just as they are in all of Citadel space. EDI is allowed entry to the citadel not because she comes from the Normandy or because Joker comes from the Normandy. But Because she "plays dumb" and Joker is allowed a Mobility assistance Mech due to his syndrome. Joker could be coming from any ship and the outcome would be the same because he has a medical reason to be accompanied by an advanced mech.
    You know after reading your responses it seems that you are either having real difficult time at comprehension of written text, fail at logic or just plain [intractable].
    1. I said mechs are not ALLOWED, not outlawed.
    2. Yes they are not allowed - otherwise why would Joker need to invent an excuse to bring one?
    3. Yes the excuse was to bring EDI as Mech on board. As personal Medical Mech.
    4. Hiding the fact that she is AI - is due to separate LEGAL issue.
    5. EDI was allowed entry because Joker lied, not because she's from Normandy
    6. Joker's lie wasn't challenged because HE is from Normandy. He actually complained about it to Shepard "they allowed an unshackled AI to walk around the Citadel"

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1FFNVE2z20 and the conversation you have when approaching with Legion in Mass Effect 2 indicate that the Citadel is trying to implement new protocols for detecting and finding Geth infiltrators. C-Sec also has a Department whose purpose is to deal with illegal artificial intelligence, and all AI is technically illegal in Council/Citadel Territory. Only four research groups are allowed to have AI for research purposes. http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Cod...es_.28C-Sec.29
    Geth Infiltrators can be found in various ways, none of them includes detection of AI. Both Citadel's AIs were never detected. 'Cept for pure luck.
    C-sec deals with discovered AI's it has no means of detecting AI. If they suspect that certain Mech has AI on board - they can check it out and that's it.

    Eva Core infiltrated military installations - and she WAS AI (she wasn't projecting herself into the body - she was in the body), shackled but anyway illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    They have ways of finding AI otherwise EDI wouldn't have had to have hidden as a Mobility Assistance Mech at all.
    /facepalm
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    She was smuggled in just as anything else that is illegal was smuggled in. Bring brought past Customs and Security as something you are not is the very definition of smuggle. She wasn't brought in as a Mech controlled by an AI but as a Mobility Assistance Mech that has nothing to do with an AI.
    Her Mech body was not smuggled - it was allowed officially to enter. yes Joker lied about HIS need for a Mech, and that EDI's body is that Mech - that is hardly smuggling. Not to mention mechs are not illegal, there's no need to smuggle one. EDI herself is not present on Citadel. You are basically saying that then you talk to someone via Skype that person is right there where you are. Or when you watch a live stream from one of NY City web cameras (from outside of USA, not being a USA citizen)- you are illegally crossing the USA border! EDI's mech is exactly like a Web Camera with manipulators that can be controlled remotely.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Being from the Normandy has no bearing on her being allowed onto the station or not. Otherwise you know they wouldn't have had to pretend she was something else to get by customs. They could have just said I'm with Normandy and the Spectre and that would have been enough to get them through if what you say is true.
    Yes it doesn't - for her. But it does all the bearing it needs for Joker. Joker's lie passed without any scrutiny - otherwise it would've failed!
    No they could not just say that they are with Spectre. Because that would be abuse of Shepards power. Which only Shepard can use. Joker is a decent human being.
    Or maybe he likes to do stuff on his own. EDI wouldn't even think of that. I gathered she wasn't even happy with Joker's lie.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    A sword is not a high tech weapon just because it is made of material that required technology.
    Yes it is. If it cannot be made any other way.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    A Titanium sword isn't a high tech weapon when compared to a bronze sword.
    Yes it is. DOH! Titanium alloys are high tech materials especially compared to bronze. Even Steel is high tech material compared to bronze, heck, even Iron is! Iron age >>>> Bronze age. Bronze items are CAST, while Iron items are HAMMERED. Not to mention melting temperatures...
    Even if you load Ancient Egyptians with tons of Titanium - they wouldn't have the means to do anything with it. Only in 20th century we found a way to use it. 2 centuries after the discovery of the chemical element.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    They are both low tech weapons made of different materials. There is nothing high tech about something with a monomolecular edge. It takes technology to create it but that doesn't make it a high tech weapon.
    Technology is all it takes for something to be high tech.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I can create a Diamond in the lab using technology but that doesn't make a Diamond a high tech weapon if I cut you with it.
    Synthetic diamonds are HIGH TECH material. The technology is only ~50 years old!
    But you just don't know a thing about diamonds it seems. You can't make a sword out of it, or a knife. Because although diamonds are hard they are very brittle. You can create an "edge" out of it though as it is done in some modern tools (glass-cutter, for instance).
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Something that isn't electronic is often called ___ ____. I'll give you a hint the first word is Low and the second word is Tech. Darn I just solved it for you.
    I do not care for laymen use of terms. First computers were based on vacuum tubes. Now it's semiconductors (technology age ~30). Guess what is low and what is high tech. Both are electronic devices.
    And I'd like to point out that we were discussing the COST here.

    I urge you to drop this low/high tech topic because it's quite obvious you are not fluent in it.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But they could have no omni-tools for a variety of reasons, which is my comment that sparked off in the first place. Just because they are not using omni-tool weapons doesn't mean they are in an era that pre-dates omni tools. Maybe they couldn't afford them? Maybe one just likes the visceral feel of slicing skin with metal? Maybe they are brawling. Maybe she was forced to relinquish her Omni-tool to see the crime boss. There could be any number of reasons for why they aren't using Omni-tools. Before the invention of Omni-tools is the least of those reasons.
    That's a lot of assumptions not reasons. They both couldn't afford them? Seems weird even for one of them - since it's basically a mobile phone of ME. They both at the same time prefer metallic weapons? They are brawling with metal weapons? Why can't they brawl with omni-tools? I sure could in Citadel DLC!
    So she was forced to relinquish a weapon and take another weapon! while he just don't have omni-tool or don't like omni-tool? That's even more unlikely.
    Yes ther ecould be many reasons. But the most real is the most simple. They just don't have omni-tool technology yet (or lost it - I gave two versions - pre-omni-tool or post-reaper) or it is in prototype stages.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2013-03-06 at 10:33 AM.
    My Little Borg: Friendship is Irrelevant

  13. #15013
    Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,789
    Regarding that upcoming Comic:

    "It will have a connection to the Mass Effect 3: Citadel downloadable content.[1]"

    So no pre omni-tool era or something.


    ---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 11:43 AM ----------

    I never thought that I would say this but Rhorle is right in that argument about omni-tools and knifes.

  14. #15014
    Elemental Lord Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    8,744
    Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    Regarding that upcoming Comic:

    "It will have a connection to the Mass Effect 3: Citadel downloadable content.[1]"

    So no pre omni-tool era or something.


    ---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 11:43 AM ----------

    I never thought that I would say this but Rhorle is right in that argument about omni-tools and knifes.
    Well they are not saying it explcitely:
    Q: With the announcement of "Foundation" and the upcoming release of the "Citadel" downloadable content for "Mass Effect 3," it seems like the perfect opportunity to tie the two pieces together. How are the two connected, if at all?

    A: We've consciously tried to make sure there will be some connections. Without getting into the details, I think the simplest thing to say is, as I said before, we are very character-based in the way we tell stories. We believe the best stories come from having strong characters. If you were to look for what ties them together, I think that would be a good place to start.

    So a gather some Characters would have a connection. That can either be pre-omni-tool or post war.

    There's even one page of a comic:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/pr...pid=1362155255
    Says nothing about era. But interesting detail - a woman and that boy seem to be slaves, and the human guy - either one of their slavers or some guy with information.

    If they are slaves that explains why woman don't have omni-tool. But the guy with gauntlet blades is still a mystery.
    My Little Borg: Friendship is Irrelevant

  15. #15015

  16. #15016
    Ugh.. download finished late enough last night that I won't be able to do anything until I get back from work. Of course, I only finished the ME2 run while Citadel was downloading, so I have tons more to do before it is actually available.

    Easy on the spoilers for the next couple of days please. I'm quite certain that I am not the only one following the thread who couldn't get started right away, so.. ^^

  17. #15017
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    6,705
    This DLC can be summed up in three words.

    Authentic French Sushi.

  18. #15018
    Warchief Statix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Alindu View Post
    Ugh.. download finished late enough last night that I won't be able to do anything until I get back from work. Of course, I only finished the ME2 run while Citadel was downloading, so I have tons more to do before it is actually available.

    Easy on the spoilers for the next couple of days please. I'm quite certain that I am not the only one following the thread who couldn't get started right away, so.. ^^
    I am right there with you. I haven't even purchased it yet. I do not wanna end up starting another ME3 playthrough and not able to finish it within two weeks or so. So little time right now. Since I have to do all the other SP DLCs aswell, I have a lot more playtime ahead of me than my first 35 hours (scanned every system, did every conversations). Though, on my second playthrough I don't have to do all the conversation possibilities for secondary characters.

    I do have a question: how important is it to have a good squad on Insanity? I always wanna bring every squadmate along the same amount of times, favoring my favorite squadmates for more important, bigger missions. I play as Infiltrator (will of course continue with my ME3 save). Took Warp as a bonus power to spam Biotic Explosions with Liara. Another question is: what are the best squad mates for an infiltrator?

    The only 'extra' squadmate I will have will be Javik. Haven't played any DLC for ME2. Wish I had though, but either way, doing it now isn't a possibility as I am going to start my second playthrough with my ME3 save.
    Statix will suffice.

  19. #15019
    High Overlord Alberichs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I'm praying they implement some other way to unlock the N7 weapons when they stop doing the weekend challenges. I still have so many I need. @_@
    Probably will, shouldn't be too hard to rename some older ops or just reuse them if people ask enough for more N7 unlock chances. Just managed to do Platinum vs Cerberus, time for the other three and then it's good times all round.

    Edit: Checked the store after that game and found a gift pack, just an upgrade for the N7 hurricane though.

    Edit 2: Geth and Cerberus done, same group wants to do collector. This'll be easier than I thought.
    Last edited by Alberichs; 2013-03-06 at 01:12 PM.

  20. #15020
    Or they could simply just reuse the previous week end challenge, and redo them in the same order or randomly pick them over and over for as long as the servers keeps running.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •