Deleted
    Going to do my first Hardcore and then full Insanity playthrough in the holidays next week. Any tips I should be aware of seeing as the websites I've looked at are very basic, also another question should I start completely anew or do a new game+?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMDuncan View Post
    Going to do my first Hardcore and then full Insanity playthrough in the holidays next week. Any tips I should be aware of seeing as the websites I've looked at are very basic, also another question should I start completely anew or do a new game+?
    Always do an import or use a save editor if you can. Wrex is THE man and Legion is awesome, you'll want both of them alive.

As for Hardcore/Insanity, they aren't too difficult so long as you know what you're doing, watch your corners and check your six. If you keep them from flanking you, you should be fine. Focus on Cerberus Engineers when you can though, blundering into a turret ends with a quick death.

Oh and Armor Piercing mods are amazing.
    Putin khuliyo

and mordin finaly realized at the day of his birthday the effects of alcohol on a human being... zero exhalation of liquids in a downward trajectory only diziness in walking :P
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Indeed, bringing 3 biotics to the Thorian mission makes that mission easy. Kaiden, Liara, Adept Shepard. Not a single creeper gets close enough to touch us
    /Turn Wrex/Grunt voice on
    Bah, shotgun solves this mission and makes it cakewalk on insane.
    /Turn Voice off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    /Turn Wrex/Grunt voice on
    Bah, shotgun solves this mission and makes it cakewalk on insane.
    /Turn Voice off.
    Well Uncle Urdnot makes every mission cakewalk
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    So I just finished my first play through of ME1.

I went to start playthough #2, importing the character of my save file.

All of my Paragon points are gone (I went full Paragon on the first play through)...is this normal?

I thought your Paragon / Renegade points are supposed to carry over.

I'm basically going to keep playing ME1 until I hit 60 for importing to ME2 bonuses...which from what I've read, a portion your Paragon / Renegade points are supposed to transfer as well.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    So I just finished my first play through of ME1.

I went to start playthough #2, importing the character of my save file.

All of my Paragon points are gone (I went full Paragon on the first play through)...is this normal?

I thought your Paragon / Renegade points are supposed to carry over.

I'm basically going to keep playing ME1 until I hit 60 for importing to ME2 bonuses...which from what I've read, a portion your Paragon / Renegade points are supposed to transfer as well.
    Are you sure you don't have a small amount of Paragon points to start with? Because you should only have a portion of the bottom section filled, even if it was completely full by the end of ME1.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Moral points reset on every playthrough. The only time they will carry over is during me1 -> me2 import.

10+ Year Old Account
    That awkward moment when you accidently use a missile launcher on geth troopers . . .
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    That awkward moment when you accidently use a missile launcher on geth troopers . . .
    Started playing multiplayer with my brother (he got it free since we both have SimCity, I got NFS). He is completely reckless being a vanguard. Ran around a corner and found 2 Atlas' staring me down with a phantom there. Playing as an Adept, I didn't survive very long in that situation. He made a comment about me being a squishy bastard. Yet he got a lucky streak of 11 Biotic Charges with the multi-target upgrade...

Shit I do that on purpose all the time just because it's fun to blow them to hell. :P

That awkward moment when you shoot a Geth Prime which is actually your Geth Juggernaut teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    That awkward moment when you shoot a Geth Prime which is actually your Geth Juggernaut teammate.
    I do that too.. a lot. >.>;

So i finally got the motivation to complete all the boring parts of the MP challenges and got myself the banner!
    http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/?name...er&platform=pc
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

Still better than just hitting one Seeker Swarm.

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 11:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RoboA View Post
    So i finally got the motivation to complete all the boring parts of the MP challenges and got myself the banner!
    Very nice, congrats!

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 05:02 PM ----------

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboA View Post
    There are many people out there with that Banner yet few deserve to be called "Best of the Best" except of some guys like you and Yakobo.

I always found that title silly because no one is the "Best" but some with that Banner are really good while others suck.

BTW: Yeah I never played with you and Yakobo but from reading this thread alone I learned that both of you are amazing at MP and certainly deserve that Banner title.

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 10:03 AM ----------

I saw one of these Trucks while I was driving on my local highway and had to laugh hard.

Commander Shepard is a Trucker now. Yeah you heard it here first. Joker and Shepard are both having a Truck company. SR2
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2013-03-26 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    There are many people out there with that Banner yet few deserve to be called "Best of the Best" except of some guys like you and Yakobo.

I always found that title silly because no one is the "Best" but some with that Banner are really good while others suck.

BTW: Yeah I never played with you and Yakobo but from reading this thread alone I learned that both of you are amazing at MP and certainly deserve that Banner title.
    I have noticed that some people with this banner is sometimes really stupid and ignorant and does not deserve it. I invited Moontalon to a gold match today with a guy i usualy do gold/plat with and little did i know he was such an asshole to people without a "cool" banner. All he did was chatting to me and voice chatting in the match because Moontalon was such a noob. Funny thing that Moontalon completly crushed his score and died way less than he did.

From what i have seen in MP there is alot of people that are good at this game but havent spendt as much time on MP as others so they have less points and n7 level.
    Last edited by RoboA; 2013-03-26 at 10:22 AM.

Part of the reason why I never wear my Best of the Best banner is because you get judged all the time, not similar to a few people here.

Give me the right kits and I will show you how I earned the title by, for instance, soloing platinum and what not... but the vast majority of games I play is me trying out new builds, new character kits and different guns, and the rounds themselves interest me very little. So I will die often and underperform often, but that doesn't make me a bad player, just a bad teamplayer.

With so many kits, it is hard to master all perfectly. For instance, I'm a horrible, horrible adept, but other classes... that's different.

I think the largest error for many is that they see Best of the Best and automatically assume they will be carried by a god, so they'll slack. Well guess what, maybe said person wants to slack too or just try new things.

15+ Year Old Account
    It does the opposite for me. Whenever I see someone with an impressive banner I proceed to outplay the crap out of them.

But I often test builds aswell. Sometimes it goes horribly wrong. Not long ago I tested the Quarian Engineer. Horrible, horrible kit. Luckily there was an N7 Paladin. I just spammed Incinerate detonating his Snap Freeze. He kinda liked it. I ended up with barely 25k points and he was sitting on 180k. Eventhough the kit didn't really work and my score was low, I still greatly helped win the match. Many players won't notice that. A Cryo Explosion every 2 seconds; that's pretty insane.

I rarely play with the kits I truly like, because they reach level 20 so fast. I wanna be part of the top 1% N7 rating and challenge points, so I level my classes as fast as possible. Whenever one reaches level 20, I move on to the next class.

Also, it's total bullsh*t that players who don't often play MP can't have a high N7 rating. If you want to get a high(er) rating, you just need to promote. I see a lot of people just sitting at 120, because they only leveled the classes to 20 once. In just two weeks I was sitting at 700. N7 rating doesn't say much. Challenge points says more and that's what I look at. If someone has 30 Challenge points in Gold, I insta-leave.
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
    Part of the reason why I never wear my Best of the Best banner is because you get judged all the time, not similar to a few people here.

Give me the right kits and I will show you how I earned the title by, for instance, soloing platinum and what not... but the vast majority of games I play is me trying out new builds, new character kits and different guns, and the rounds themselves interest me very little. So I will die often and underperform often, but that doesn't make me a bad player, just a bad teamplayer.

With so many kits, it is hard to master all perfectly. For instance, I'm a horrible, horrible adept, but other classes... that's different.

I think the largest error for many is that they see Best of the Best and automatically assume they will be carried by a god, so they'll slack. Well guess what, maybe said person wants to slack too or just try new things.
    Ye thats the annoying part of this banner. I like wearing it because its the hardest one to get but it does annoy me that people will just assume that you will be the carry of the game. I tried joining a bronze yesterday so i could do the last few points i needed on the shitty ass collector SMG but the host kept changing it to silver everytime i joined a game.