Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    im starting to think im the only mass effect person who loved the mako aspect of mass effect 1, was fine with how it controls, wanted to see more of it in 2&3, and was disappointed when it didnt show up.
    Dont worry you are not alone. I've commented on it a few times in this thread, I loved that Mako.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    Yes it was pretty silly that Shepard was trying to run to that beam on foot ... pretty stupid if you think about it. I would pay 100 bucks for a Mako drop that´s done "Ilos style" with Joker dropping you out in front of the beam with your Mako and you then take the Beam with your Mako and the "real" final mission involves fighting on the Citadel.

Yeah the lack of vehicles in ME3 is utter garbage and I would totally love a redone Ilos or Feros-style mission for ME 3. You know those missions where you had to use your Mako to reach destinations and to combat enemies so basically longass missions instead of those we had in ME3.

NO Shepard has to walk from the start at Vancouver to the end in London and that is LAMEASS.
    Being in the Mako gave Harbinger a pretty big target to hit, whereas there was a higher chance of survival if everyone got out, spread out, and ran.

However, I would not have minded seeing some vehicular exploration in ME3. Just . . . give the Mako a little better control or the Hammerhead a bit more vitality.

---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 08:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Still, ME3 only wins by a small margin. The endings do affect how I think about it. Would ME3 have had a truly epic, happy, satisfying ending, it would hands down be the best. Now, the multiplayer and the fact that it's replayable (for me), make it the best. Without those elements, it would be ME2. The arrival of the fleets scene also helps.
    Oh my god that was the best scene in the entire trilogy. I about flipped my table when Apple interrupted my playthrough during The Fleets Arrive, muting and alt-tabbing my game on me for a fucking iTune's update. I want to sue.

But seriously, watching all those ships come through the mass relay is fucking epic.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2013-03-18 at 12:22 PM.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Being in the Mako gave Harbinger a pretty big target to hit, whereas there was a higher chance of survival if everyone got out, spread out, and ran.

However, I would not have minded seeing some vehicular exploration in ME3. Just . . . give the Mako a little better control or the Hammerhead a bit more vitality.

Oh my god that was the best scene in the entire trilogy. I about flipped my table when Apple interrupted my playthrough during The Fleets Arrive, muting and alt-tabbing my game on me for a fucking iTune's update. I want to sue.

But seriously, watching all those ships come through the mass relay is fucking epic.
    I remember my vision being obstructed by tears in my eyes. It was so bloody awesome, I had tears of awesomeness (as I like to call them). If I could ever experience something for the first time again, it would be that scene.

It's actually a pretty interesting question: If you could experience something for the first time again, what would it be? Arrival of the fleets scene > Mass Effect 3 > Mass Effect Trilogy. Depending on the size of what I could choose, that would be the order of importance.
    Statix will suffice.

Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Eh, actually:
    1. There were these AA cannons that prevented on-spot drop - that's why they dropped at a distance and went on foot
    2. After that was taken care of - the rest of the strike force could land, but there was a Reaper guarding the Beam.
    3. So they couldn't land at the beam - they needed to land somewhere else and proceed on foot to deal with the Reaper.
    4. They managed to get those missiles just in range - losing most of the strike force in the process.
    5. They couldn't fire missiles from Normandy - they couldn't get a lock from orbit. And a drive-by - would mean the destruction of Normandy by the Reaper. Because Normandy would have to get Real close to the Reaper to get a lock.
    6. Mako is a way bigger target for a Reaper than a scattered group of soldiers. Also less maneuverable than a foot soldier. That's why it would've been a suicide to ride a Mako into the beam. One hit and all are dead. Even IRL Strykers (US Military APC - Mako inspiration) are referred to as "Kevlar Coffins".
    LOL everything you said gets destroyed by a Normandy that hovers in front of the FUCKING BOSS REAPER for like 5 minutes while casually picking up your injured squad mates (minus AA guns but they could have been destroyed by other squads)

Yeah sure a Airdrop from the Normandy was impossible because of a Reaper that was guarding the beam ... oh wait looks like it was possible. Just look at that:

BTW: I think I made it clear that I would love Mako missions and if you guys have a different opinion then it is fine. For me Mass Effect is incomplete without vehicles and this is why I think ME3 is not as good as it could be with vehicle missions (of course the horrible bad Priority Earth and endings are bad too)
    Last edited by The Illusive Man; 2013-03-18 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    LOL everything you said gets destroyed by a Normandy that hovers in front of the FUCKING BOSS REAPER for like 5 minutes while casually picking up your injured squad mates (minus AA guns but they could have been destroyed by other squads)

Yeah sure a Airdrop from the Normandy was impossible because of a Reaper that was guarding the beam ... oh wait looks like it was possible. Just look at that:
    Preface: I loath that scene in EC. I mean WTF? It should've been a shuttle not Normandy.

But...

1. There was still a great distance to the beam and even greater to the Harbinger who was behind the Beam.
    2. Notice how all the Makos get raped in different positions.
    3. Reaper was somewhat preoccupied with more important targets: Makos and humanoids running to the beam.
    My Little Borg: Friendship is Irrelevant

Preface: I loath that scene in EC. I mean WTF? It should've been a shuttle not Normandy.

But...

1. There was still a great distance to the beam and even greater to the Harbinger who was behind the Beam.
    2. Notice how all the Makos get raped in different positions.
    3. Reaper was somewhat preoccupied with more important targets: Makos and humanoids running to the beam.
    Yep that was the response I anticipated and I have to agree. The EC scene where the Normandy hovers in front of Harbinger and he does not fire at all when the Ship lifts off (he does not fire a single time when you see the lift-off) is stupid beyond belief and I still think BioWare was drunk when they created it.

Anderson and Coats tell us that the Beam prevents any air-support from getting near it and thus we had to go by foot yet we see the Normandy hover there for ages with Harbinger not caring at all. The Reaper that was guarding the beam before was just an "ordinary" Destroyer class Reaper and you could not land there yet it is possible with a 2.5 kilometer big Reaper which happens to be the BIG BOSS of those dudes?

Yeah sure "JOKER I need an evac right now !!!" to be honest I expected Joker to return "LOL Shepard have you noticed that fucking big HARBINGER that is just standing next to the beam shooting 4 lazors at once? You want an EVAC? You must be kidding".

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Spacemagic.
    is friendship in space?

At least this bizarre evac scene got me a good laugh when I had Javik and EDI in my final squad ... Javik who hates Synthetics carries EDI´s platform to the Normandy and helps her get aboard. Like WTF? EDI needs an evac? I thought she is just a platform that the real EDI aboard the Normandy controls? Javik does not look like a sissy who would retreat either.

Yeah that whole scene is pretty bizarre. Those squadmates aren't really wounded and most of them would never back off because of such a silly explosion and minor wounds. They are no sissies yet Shepard treats them like they were.

Well, it was kind of a rushed job, and they needed an excuse to put those characters on the Normandy to try to make the end make a bit more sense. I just tell myself the Normandy's stealth system keeps Harbinger from detecting it and call it a day.

But yeah, that doesn't explain why they couldn't just airdrop by the beam and call it a day.

Maybe its the same reason why Gandalf couldn't just whistle up some Eagles to get Frodo from Hobbiton to Mount Doom, or why Glinda never told Dorothy that her shoes could take her back to Kansas.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

Well, it was kind of a rushed job, and they needed an excuse to put those characters on the Normandy to try to make the end make a bit more sense. I just tell myself the Normandy's stealth system keeps Harbinger from detecting it and call it a day.

But yeah, that doesn't explain why they couldn't just airdrop by the beam and call it a day.

Maybe its the same reason why Gandalf couldn't just whistle up some Eagles to get Frodo from Hobbiton to Mount Doom, or why Glinda never told Dorothy that her shoes could take her back to Kansas.
    The Gandalf part is easily explained. Gandalf does not control the Eagles, they merely come to his aid when he asks for their help. He cannot demand them to come. Such a task would be too great to ask of them. More importantly, the big, bad eye of Sauron would spot them dozens of miles away and would send the Nazgul after them. Stealth was key, so flying into Mordor on big Eagles isn't the greatest idea.
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    The Gandalf part is easily explained. Gandalf does not control the Eagles, they merely come to his aid when he asks for their help. He cannot demand them to come. Such a task would be too great to ask of them. More importantly, the big, bad eye of Sauron would spot them dozens of miles away and would send the Nazgul after them. Stealth was key, so flying into Mordor on big Eagles isn't the greatest idea.
    http://i.imgur.com/nyJds.gif

Please do not embed large picture files. --Sj
    Last edited by Sj; 2013-03-18 at 04:33 PM.

Oh man, I bursted out in laughter. Not good at work. You people are killing me.
    Statix will suffice.

Ok team, I get it. YOU LIKED THE SUSHI PLACE. OMG I'M SORRY.

xD On a serious note, so far Citadel DLC is very amusing and fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post

Yeah, it was pretty funny.

"The minute, the second I get out of here, I'm going to take your head and mount it in the Normandy CIC!"

"Then I'm going to mount her head next to yours."

"Then I'm going to take both your heads and space them out the airlock!"

Yeah, it was pretty funny.

"The minute, the second I get out of here, I'm going to take your head and mount it in the Normandy CIC!"

"Then I'm going to mount her head next to yours."

"Then I'm going to take both your heads and space them out the airlock!"
    Javik: "At last!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post

The one that has stuck with me the most is the whole incident of self-reflection Shepard has stressing over how often he says "I should go". I really hadn't noticed it, but I just replayed ME2 and he says it ALL THE TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    The one that has stuck with me the most is the whole incident of self-reflection Shepard has stressing over how often he says "I should go". I really hadn't noticed it, but I just replayed ME2 and he says it ALL THE TIME.
    Yeah, I loved that Shepard was completely ignoring the fact that they were trapped in a box forever.

"Shepard! Hey, why aren't you more worried about this?"-Kaidan
    "Hmm? Oh. Glyph, you still out there?" -Shepard
    "Yes Commander." -Glyph
    "Unlock this damn thing and go find the others. No one steals my ship. Not even me." -Shepard.

I'm grinning so much, my face is starting to hurt from all this hilarious dialog. It'll be fun replaying this.

Fuck my life. Instead of doing a couple of MP matches like I wanted to, I decided to go hunting for the warlock tome that gives green fire. It FINALLY drops. And then some scrub loots it right under my nose...............
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.