10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    By that then Grunt doesn't "attack" Shepard either, just pins her against the wall. Either way, point still stands. And TIM tells you to recruit Jack as well.
    Everybody you recruit is more or less a loose association with you based on your name alone. Shepard, him/herself is an extremely charismatic leader. After spending awhile with Shepard, there isn't anyone who wouldn't dedicate to their cause. Hell, the people you associate with are essentially considered their top of their field by association. Merely by spending time with Shepard, they are considered a folk hero. But Shepard himself is comparable to McArthur. A great strategist, and overall good leader.

But since he is the player, his style of leadership is the style of the player. Which ultimately is the developer's goal to make the person who is playing them more self'confident and able to take leadership roles in the work force.

I am completely wasted right now. Thank god for auto-correct.

I'm not sure where you were trying to go with that post. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    By that then Grunt doesn't "attack" Shepard either, just pins her against the wall. Either way, point still stands. And TIM tells you to recruit Jack as well.
    I was going to mention that grunt doesn't really attack shepard, but he kind of does, he pins him to the wall with the intent to do battle. Javik just pushes everyone back because he's dazed, it's not an attack at all. And yes, Jack is on the list of people you're told to recruit too. Jacob, Garrus and Mordin as well.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    I was going to mention that grunt doesn't really attack shepard, but he kind of does, he pins him to the wall with the intent to do battle. Javik just pushes everyone back because he's dazed, it's not an attack at all. And yes, Jack is on the list of people you're told to recruit too. Jacob, Garrus and Mordin as well.
    Technically it is possible to complete the mission while only recruiting Garrus and Mordin. Since afterwards, if you complete the missions afterwards. You are given a time limit to recruit the others and do their missions. So by doing any of the DLC, it counts toward that limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Like I said, my point stands either way. People were saying they wouldn't recruit Jack because of how she is when they met her. There's a lot of people whom I wouldn't recruit on a first impression basis. First impressions are secondary to the mission. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Was TIM really your boss? I thought it was more just that he gave you the tools and a direction, but let you get there however you saw fit.

If he was my boss, I should have been fired for insubordination fifty times over. XD

Deleted
    In a game where you basically control the whole game and thus control almost everyone on you Ship and even others (with your actions) how can you keep that "Squadmate Xy is better than Yx because she is xenophobic/stupid/psycho/dumb" up?

Like for example I hate Kaidan and prefer Ashley but others hate Ashley and love Kaidan (Moontalon ). I would space lots of squadmates because I simply hate them, looking at you Jack and Jacob. I still don´t get why Mordin is so popular among the guys here and some would never kill him. Mordin was a character I simply hated from the very minute I encountered him and so it was not difficult to kill him in ME3 without having to cry or something.

You see? Some hate XY and some YX. That´s the problem with games like ME where you basically ARE the game as you start to think that you are the god in ME and thus can decide who has to live and who has to die because you think they are stupid. Some seriously think they are Shepard

why do you hate me so...what did i ever do to you.... also obviously that TIM prefers a pro human human (ashley) over kaidan :P (i also prefer her but for diferent reasons)
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Hmm,

So heres my list.

Kaidan: WHO!?!!? Redshirt never survived.
    Ashely: Annoying as hell but shes at least some eye candy, lives... just.
    Jack: I wanted the best ending in ME3 so rescued her, but on another play through she will be left and I will end her. If only there was an option to boot her off the ship like diana.
    Jacob: Hate him with a passion, whiney cry baby.
    Garrus: He and Bro shep have the best bromance of all time. Hes always on my missions.
    Wrex: Wrex is awesome, uncle wrex, him + garrus in ME1.
    Grunt: Awesome hes like a young wrex in the making, ME2 he was always teamed up with Garrus.
    Javik: 50thousand years and still a massive troll, guys sound! When I got him, it was always him and Garrus on missions.
    James: Hes actually ok, I don't get all the hate about him.
    Mordin: Weird but kinda cool in my eyes. The ending where he sacrifices him self to save the krogan was a real tear jerker, manly tears of titanium...
    Tali: <3 - shes pretty much always my LI
    Liara: Shes ok, her and ashely are pretty much favoured by bioware as love interests, shame tali didnt get the same treatment!
    Thane: pretty cool guy, enjoyed the loyalty mission (shortest interrogation in history)
    Samara: She had a cool back story and is pretty brutal. She was my choice to make the biotic shield in ME2.
    Legion: Robot dance? loved legion awesome character.

Theres more squaddies but these are the ones I wanted to cover.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think Jack is an amazing character. Especcially since my Shepard is Paragon, it's good to have a character that is more Renegade.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    Moontalon, i think you misunderstood something.
    It wasnt about first impressions, it was about "you want me to go and recruit this unstable psychotic criminal? Screw that, i dont want my new ship to blow up."

The dossier is:

Jack (no last name known)
    - Exceptional biotic ability
    - Note: Criminal background, currently in custody
    Jack is rumored to be the most powerful human biotic ever encountered. Very little additional data regarding Jack is available, except that the subject has a history of violence and should be approached carefully. Currently, Jack is being held on the turian prison ship Purgatory. Cerberus has negotiated for the prisoner's release.
    This isnt like Thanes or Samaras dossier.
    This one have warningbells all over it, you see my point?

Also, killing a merc that sent all her troops to kill you and refused to cooperate (as samara offered her her life in exchange for the name of the ship Morinth was on) is justified.
    Even gave her the "find peace in the embrace of the goddess." line.
    Not exactly coldblooded, but there is no reason to cuddle the doomed.

Every sidekick should be viable to ignore or throw out the airlock during recruitment mission.
    Knock out Garrus and give him to the mercs.
    Shoot Mordin and let the collectors kill everyone in omega.
    Leave Vega behind on Earth.
    Leave Tali in the Geth Dreadnaught.
    And so on.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2013-04-03 at 10:05 AM.

Samara was not cold blooded. She followed the Code, much like a knight/samurai.

And Thane is an assassin. Why draw the line at one and not the other? The logic is shaky at best. Is it so hard to say, "I don't like Jack," and leave it at that? Why the need to hide behind this nonsense of, "I don't want a dangerous criminal on my ship?" I just can't see how "psychotic criminal" is any worse than most of the other people you've picked up along the way. They all have their own quirks and dangers, and to say that one precludes a potential recruit more than the other is absurd. And, to some extent, it is about first impressions. Jack no longer fits the "psychotic criminal" label by the end of ME2.

Besides, is your Shepard really so much of a pansy that they can't handle Jack if she decides to turn on you? :P
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2013-04-03 at 10:55 AM.

Deleted
    But i adore Jack, shes quite the treat.
    An assassin can be controlled with money, Jack is shaky at best.
    And no, my shep can handle jack.
    I was just working with how another guy in this thread wanted to airlock Jack at the first meeting.

here, watch this video.

Well that was amusing.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 01:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    An assassin can be controlled with money
    And that includes the money of your enemies.

Deleted
    Assassins cant renegade on jobs, malpractice.
    He wont get hired again.
    Bad for business.

If they're worth hiring in the first place, nobody would know. :P

I wasn't much a fan of Jack either. Not so much because she was dangerous, but she was SUCH an emo child. Oh you're so edgy, blah blah, go sit down I dont' care.

And while a lot of others don't, I liked Jacob. I think he was an ok guy. A bit bland, but all the human characters are a bit bland except kasumi who is awesome. Too bad she can't be the love interest! I usually go for Liara though because she's actually the main character. Shepard is just the one who executes the plans she puts together.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

I wish Kasumi and James were LIs. lol