Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    I'd rather not pay for a voiced fanfiction :\
    You would if it was voiced by me.

All of my crew survived ME2 (Destroy base, Paragon max soldier), but I'm not seeing any trace of Thane in ME3 (Extended cut).
    Noticed he's on the 'killed in action' board in the SR2. I picked up on his absence quite late into the game, right before taking the fleets thru the relay to Earth - "waaaaaait a second... where the fuck is my bro Thane?"
    Checked and double checked the save I imported in back in ME2. He's very much alive.
    What's wrong? Any ideas?
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2013-04-10 at 11:36 PM.

If you don't visit Thane in the hospital before Cerberus attacks the Citadel, he will just die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    All of my crew survived ME2 (Destroy base, Paragon max soldier), but I'm not seeing any trace of Thane in ME3 (Extended cut).
    Noticed he's on the 'killed in action' board in the SR2. I picked up on his absence quite late into the game, right before taking the fleets thru the relay to Earth.
    Checked and double checked the save I imported in back in ME2.
    What's wrong? Any ideas?
    You didnt notice Thane get stabbed by Kai Lang (Cerberus Ninja) on the Citadel? After that you go talk to him in the hospital and say a prayer and he dies.

Really sucks you missed this too.

"Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

15+ Year Old Account
    All of my crew survived ME2 (Destroy base, Paragon max soldier), but I'm not seeing any trace of Thane in ME3 (Extended cut). No mails, nothing really.
    Noticed he's on the 'killed in action' board in the SR2. I picked up on his absence quite late into the game, right before taking the fleets thru the relay to Earth - "waaaaaait a second... where the fuck is my bro Thane?"
    Checked and double checked the save I imported in back in ME2. He's very much alive.
    What's wrong? Any ideas?
    He dies in Mass Effect 3 as a result of Keprals syndrome.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Ohh damn, I messed up somewhere, thanks for the tips, I'll load one of my earlier saves.

Ohh damn, I messed up somewhere, thanks for the tips, I'll load one of my earlier saves.
    Do note that he dies after the coup attempt regardless of what you do. Or before, depending on the suicide mission.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Do note that he dies after the coup attempt regardless of what you do. Or before, depending on the suicide mission.
    He will still "appear" in the game after the coup attempt if you have romanced him and play the Citadel DLC. Whether he is dead or alive at that appearance is a matter of Spectrology (and that isn't the study of council operatives mind you)
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    (and that isn't the study of council operatives mind you)
    Damn, you got my hopes up too. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    My current top 10:

Portal 2
    Mass Effect 3
    Tomb Raider
    Mass Effect 2
    Portal
    WoW: Wrath of the Lich King
    Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
    Mass Effect
    Grand Theft Auto IV
    Command and Conquer: Red Alert
    Personally, I'd find it hard to pick between Portal 1 and 2. The first one is just this perfect, simple game. The second one is not as perfect but there's so much cool stuff in it that it's a worthy successor. I'm going to put them down as equals.

As for Mass Effect well, if ME3 hadn't had such a let down ending it might've equalled ME2. But there were still things about it that were sub-par, like most of the new characters being far less interesting than the older ones (Vega, Cortez and especially Kai Leng), the omniblade and cover/grab ability felt kind of out of place, and the game was so damn buggy. I might've forgiven these flaws if the game had a more satisfying ending (and from a gameplay perspective, if the resources you gathered during the game had more significant and obvious impact on the ending) but as it is I'd have to put ME2 and ME1 ahead of ME3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Don't really know if its counted as a spoiler but if you speak to Captain Kirrahe and not Thane then he will save the councillor instead. If neither are spoken to, the assassination is a success I think. The councillors annoy me to hell anyway so I would easily to the assassination myself.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMDuncan View Post
    Don't really know if its counted as a spoiler but if you speak to Captain Kirrahe and not Thane then he will save the councillor instead. If neither are spoken to, the assassination is a success I think. The councillors annoy me to hell anyway so I would easily to the assassination myself.
    lol I always kinda wished there was an option to be like ".... You know what, on second thought, do your thang, Kai Leng. I'll just be over here, not seeing anything."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Personally, I'd find it hard to pick between Portal 1 and 2. The first one is just this perfect, simple game. The second one is not as perfect but there's so much cool stuff in it that it's a worthy successor. I'm going to put them down as equals.

As for Mass Effect well, if ME3 hadn't had such a let down ending it might've equalled ME2. But there were still things about it that were sub-par, like most of the new characters being far less interesting than the older ones (Vega, Cortez and especially Kai Leng), the omniblade and cover/grab ability felt kind of out of place, and the game was so damn buggy. I might've forgiven these flaws if the game had a more satisfying ending (and from a gameplay perspective, if the resources you gathered during the game had more significant and obvious impact on the ending) but as it is I'd have to put ME2 and ME1 ahead of ME3.
    I would certainly not put Mass Effect ahead of Mass Effect 2 and 3. There's just too many things that make that game less than the other two. The combat was horrible. Sniping was almost impossible. I didn't like the heat system. Hated the Mako driving. Luckily I had the brains to look for the maps of the planet on Google. The bypassing/hacking, and that you needed to spend points to improve your skill for it, your inventory, that you had to empty constantly, and the size of the maps. They just gave me a headache when arriving for the first time. Because I am the guy that wants to do everything, I am walking around for hours looking for crap.

Mass Effect 2 is awesome, but it's less epic than Mass Effect 3. The ending of Mass Effect 3 ruins it a bit. The entire game is awesome, but I can't put a game with a bad ending on top as the best game. Mass Effect 3 is better than Mass Effect 2. The story was better, the combat was better, it was more about the main story than about the character stories (which I prefer). And most importantly, the mining in Mass Effect 2 makes it impossible for me to consider if the best game. The loading screens didn't help either. But Mass Effect 3 just has the best of everything. I'm pretty sure if the ending wasn't as bad as it is now, Mass Effect 3 would have been named the best in the trilogy.

Maybe the fact that I played through 85% of Mass Effect 2 and all of Mass Effect 3 last January explains why I think Mass Effect 3 is so much bettter; all bugs and stuff were fixed, and I never experienced the ending of Mass Effect 3 in its original form. Can't imagine how that would have felt, since I disklike the Extenced Cut endings.

About Portal and Portal 2, I don't know. As you say, Portal is so perfect and simple, it truly is one of the greatest games. To be that good, but only have about 2 to 3 hours of single player is amazing. Portal 2 gets my vote because they took the originality of Portal and put even more originality in it. Even more humor. More puzzles, more complicated puzzles. And, the game was much bigger.

But you are right, it's a fine line between Portal and Portal 2. I've made a list and Portal ends up with a 9.41 and Portal 2 with a 9.74. I hold the lenght of Portal against it; without that, it's grade would be 9.71.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    Had my TV up loud from a movie last night, started playing overlord holy crap I forgot how scary that Rogue VI was!

I am useless with scary games and movies anyway but that gave me a huge fright.

Deleted
    Had my TV up loud from a movie last night, started playing overlord holy crap I forgot how scary that Rogue VI was!

Yeah these screams are pretty scary. I am usually not a person that is easily frightened but when I first heard that scream I was pretty scared because it came so unexpected.

Like when you watch a new horror film and suddenly something shocking happens.

10+ Year Old Account

Almost threw me out of my chair the first time I did that DLC.
    Putin khuliyo

I damn near fell out of my chair the first time I was playing that. Had my volume up pretty high and the room was dark, so to have this creepy green face pop up and be like "AKIUSANBFLIASUBRKJEBKJSRBKSJRHKAJSBVRABBBBEMMRMMKKKRB!!!!!!!!" was not pleasant.

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 01:14 AM ----------

Decided to jump on the bandwagon and change my username. lol

Deleted
    Just got the Shadow Broker DLC done on Insanity and I am going through the dossier terminal and I would recommend anyone to do it as well, some of its crap but the rest is quite funny or rather interesting.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://screenrant.com/mass-effect-ga...es-discussion/

Interesting article. What would you do? Especcialy in Mass Effect 2, the amount of characters that is introduced is insane. No way all of those characters fit into a movie. Unless of course you do it as Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit; simply introduce a shitload of them at the same time.

It's difficult. I'd hate to lose a couple of characters, but I certainly would be willing to accept if some of the less important characters weren't in the movies. In all honesty, maybe they should follow the final Harry Potter and Twilight movie style; simply splitting each movie in half and basically make six movies, instead of three.

My biggest concern is who would be the actors. I'd hate to lose all those voices I grew attached to. Will it feel as Mass Effect if all characters have different voices? Then again, maybe it's actually better to have different actors portray them. In case the movie fails, or you don't particularly like the movie version of one of the characters.

The most important thing however, is that they hold true to the games. Don't change stuff because it's Hollywood. Such as extra character deaths, or a completely different story. The best example I can think of right now is Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. In the game, the Sands of Time are released and the Prince has to revert this process. His entire journey is about finding a way to do so. In the movie on the other hand, the guy needs to prevent it from happening. The entire plot is different. So, regardless who the actors will be and which characters will be in there, as long as the story stays the same, this should be totally awesome.
    Last edited by Statix; 2013-04-11 at 03:19 PM.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    If ME is made a movie, then people will have to realise the following fact:
    The movie is simply about the writers Shepards story, not the players own shepard story, which they can animate themselves with proper resources.
    Lets just hope that Hale wont be in it.