Not trying to digress too much, but what with the statements of Mass Effect 4 being completely different, and without Shepard in it, I'm sort of unsure what to do. I realize the ending has probably been discussed to death, but I really don't get how they could, at its best, end the trilogy on a cliffhanger. It's horrible.

I understand that they sort of tried to make up for it with the Citadel and Extended Cut DLC, but we need a true end for Shepard. Is he/she alive or is he/she not? I'd prefer if he/she was.

It's just.. I don't understand BioWare. So many fans want a clear ending, want to know what actually happens - but despite that, they give no information of value, only that they're leaving Shep hanging in limbo. Just so disrespectful to those who put their time, dedication and immersion into three games and the experiences with Shepard and the crew. Ah-well, it will never be resolved with BioWare being resolute about "No Shep at all" in ME4. :/
    Last edited by Yogg-Saron, God of Death; 2013-05-24 at 12:57 PM.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Deleted
    Beep im not home right now, but leave your number and we will have Muzual call you later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry if it's been discussed before but was there ever an explanation on the "red" ending where you see Shepard breathing? Up to this day I still have no idea what to think of that. Is he still alive or what? Was that someone else? Since they said that Shepard won't be in ME 4 just what in the flying fuck does that red ending mean then? It can't just be a huge cliffhanger and Bioware just expects you to make up your own ending. Or am I missing something? I only played through with the green ending with the extended cut and I was done after that so does it explain it in the "red" extended cut?
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2013-05-24 at 04:58 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Probably just air escaping from a dead mans lungs.

Deleted
    Im fairly sure that would make the lungs smaller, not bigger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shepard being alive in the red ending is not explained. Always choose it though.

As I firmly believe the Blue and Green Endings aren't real and just indoctrination created dreams. Jumping into the giant energy beam is going to turn everyone half robot... sure buddy. Even though I just had to kill the illusive man for being indoctrinated trying to control the reapers clearly now when I try to control the reapers I wont be indoctrinated because that kid's ghost says I can do it.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Yeah you can spin it several philosophical and metaphysical ways.
    Its downright amasing when you really get into it, makes me appreciate ME as a whole better.
    The ending (ironically enough) made up for the rest of the game being almost a gears of war clone.

If you time your reload right, you get a damage buff! Just don't ask why

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    You reload harder.

Everybody knows that pressing the button or key harder has an increased effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    Just like Gears of War. Too bad every single one of my team mates suck when it comes to quick reloads.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant get my M7 Lancer the increased damage effect. What am i doing wrong?
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    You arent smashing enough heads.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Shepard being alive in the red ending is not explained. Always choose it though.

As I firmly believe the Blue and Green Endings aren't real and just indoctrination created dreams. Jumping into the giant energy beam is going to turn everyone half robot... sure buddy. Even though I just had to kill the illusive man for being indoctrinated trying to control the reapers clearly now when I try to control the reapers I wont be indoctrinated because that kid's ghost says I can do it.
    I truly hope it will someday be explained. I also believe they are merely attempts by Harbinger to indoctrinate Shepard and that the Red Ending does not really destroy the Reapers, but rather destroys Harbinger's presence in Shepard's mind. Afterwhich she wakes up and proceeds into the Citadel where, before reaching the control room, she's faced with dozens of Reaper forces defending it. Aided by her squad, she makes her final push. In the control room she has a boss battle with a fully indoctrinated Illusive Man. She defeats him and presses the button to destroy the Reapers and only the Reapers.

If ME4 is going to be a sequel, one of the endings has to be chosen as the official one. Maybe it will take place in an alternate universe, which I personally don't favor. Nor do I want a prequel, because it will be completely overshadowed by the impending Reaper arrival. Directly following the events won't be a good idea either, especcialy if we aren't going to get answers about Shepard and what the rest of her squad and crew have been doing.

I think it would be pretty amazing if it takes place 30 or so years later where Shepard is now the admiral of the Alliance fleet and her squad and crew have all become important characters that can't be used in the squad, but might just be able to become part of the new crew.
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Afterwhich she wakes up
    you mean he. (grabs popcorn waiting for gravath)
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    you mean he. (grabs popcorn waiting for gravath)
    He, she... it's the 22nd century, there are no boundaries anymore.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    It seems even the great Mordin isn't infallible
    oh i am, i'm just bored and gravath discussin about male shep vs femshep always amuses me
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    oh i am, i'm just bored and gravath discussin about male shep vs femshep always amuses me
    Which if they have an option for a different race in the next one. It'll make the discussion more broad. Also, it would take some auto-tuning to create the Turian effect for voices.

Deleted
    If its like that then the game wont have a canon poster boy that the man, the myth, the Shepard is.
    Which is the entire base of the discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    If its like that then the game wont have a canon poster boy that the man, the myth, the Shepard is.
    Which is the entire base of the discussion.
    If I wasn't mistaken, my copy of ME3 has both Shep and FemShep in it.