We could talk about the Mass Effect movie!
    Statix will suffice.

or we could arrange multiplayer matches marathon between us
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Decided to play a few games. Random queued for Silver and ended up being placed in a Plat Reaper match on Firebase White. We had two Juggernaut tanks, a quarian engineer and human adept (me). Sat in the corner throwing singularities and shockwaves while the two juggernauts blocked the doorways.

Origin & LoL Username: Vaklaruush
    Friend Code: 0173 2722 8584
    US-Blackrock-Teamwork-Horde / Bastion-Unaffiliated Losers-Republic

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Bardock was retconned, he didn't actually die when he was hit by Frieza's attack. He was thrown back in time a thousand years and he became the Legendary Super Saiyan. This I didn't actually learn till a few days ago.
    Oh yes the story of Bardock, they made a film about it didn't they?

As the story goes he was touched by some alien race who allowed him to have visions of the future. As a punishment for wiping out their people. So he can sort of see whats going on. He rebels against Frieza gets blown up and teleported back in time on planet vegeta. He fights Friezas ancestor who then spreads the tale of the legendary saiyan. While back in time he has some sort of vision of Goku afaik as well.

You select Silver and you end up in Platinum? How did that happen?

I haven't played ME3 MP since I unlocked the last remaining kits. Might play again some day, but right now, I have very little time. More interested in completing some other games' single player first.
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    You select Silver and you end up in Platinum? How did that happen?

I haven't played ME3 MP since I unlocked the last remaining kits. Might play again some day, but right now, I have very little time. More interested in completing some other games' single player first.
    It happens a lot. It tries to place you in a game with the difficulty you select but it can't do it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Oerba Yun Fang View Post
    It happens a lot. It tries to place you in a game with the difficulty you select but it can't do it all the time.
    I felt like messing around, so I queued for Silver. I stopped queuing for it because I would get placed in Gold/Plat matches often. So I just started to queue for Gold. If I feel like having fun go for Bronze or Silver and just blow stuff up. I wasn't really prepared for Plat. I had no Weapon or Arm boosts on.

Edit: There is more people playing Gold/Plat than Silver on late at night. So the matchmaking system will put you in the higher difficulty games if there is no Silver spots available. As far as I know, if you queue for Bronze. They will always try to place you in Bronze. Even if the queue time is 10 minutes.

Origin & LoL Username: Vaklaruush
    Friend Code: 0173 2722 8584
    US-Blackrock-Teamwork-Horde / Bastion-Unaffiliated Losers-Republic

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Oh yes the story of Bardock, they made a film about it didn't they?

As the story goes he was touched by some alien race who allowed him to have visions of the future. As a punishment for wiping out their people. So he can sort of see whats going on. He rebels against Frieza gets blown up and teleported back in time on planet vegeta. He fights Friezas ancestor who then spreads the tale of the legendary saiyan. While back in time he has some sort of vision of Goku afaik as well.
    I think I have some movie to watch now. This guy sounds like a very likable character. I always thought that in the scene where he confronts Frieza (in a flashback in Dragonball Z), he is joined by hundreds of Saiyans. But I just read those are infact soldiers serving Frieza that he just fought through to get to Frieza. Not to mention the fact that he is breathing in space. Frieza clearly states that Saiyans can't do that; or is he merely saying that to Goku to make him scared, because he knows he can, having seen Bardock do it?

I do remember sometimes being put into a lobby that says Gold when I selected Silver. It happened vice versa aswell, but never from Bronze to higher, or Silver to Bronze. Nor have I ever been put into a lobby for Platinum.
    Statix will suffice.

I think I have some movie to watch now. This guy sounds like a very likable character. I always thought that in the scene where he confronts Frieza (in a flashback in Dragonball Z), he is joined by hundreds of Saiyans. But I just read those are infact soldiers serving Frieza that he just fought through to get to Frieza. Not to mention the fact that he is breathing in space. Frieza clearly states that Saiyans can't do that; or is he merely saying that to Goku to make him scared, because he knows he can, having seen Bardock do it?

I do remember sometimes being put into a lobby that says Gold when I selected Silver. It happened vice versa aswell, but never from Bronze to higher, or Silver to Bronze. Nor have I ever been put into a lobby for Platinum.
    Bardocks attitude is more inline with Vegeta/raditz, although not as extreme. He is a saiyan warrior. But he later shows where Goku gets some of his spirit from. Its alright as far as spin off fiction goes.

I still think the Frieza saga was the pinacle of DBZ. It wrapped up the Saiyan history nicely.

So exactly how did he go back in time and meet Ice Cube?

The ability to see into the future which was gifted to him by a race he helped enslave/destroy. They basically allowed him to see into the future to show how his actions would affect him etc. Sort of a punishment I guess? Friezas blast somehow mixed with that power and sent him back in time apparently.

Right, two things.
    How is that a punishment?
    And, how didnt that help him, you know, win or atleast foresee Goku smacking his tail around?

Punishment supposedly because it will show his actions are bad or some rubbish. Cursing him with visions he can't control I guess? Not entirely sure my self.

Against Frieza he knew Frieza was up to something bad (the genocide of his race) went to stop him but as he didn't control that power got beat up anyways his last words being his son will avenge him or live on or some crap (goku)

Still its quite murky tbh, I would have preferred leaving it with him being blown up. Had some sense of closure to it. When hes the legendary saiyan and not brolly it leaves other questions like how far back did he go? What did he do next? does he attempt to redeem him self for his past actions ?

Say, if one would start to watch DBZ, what point would be a good time to watch the bardock movie, with the lore and all?
    Right after Frieza is introduced? Before they fight, as one of those flashbacks what anime like to have?

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Say, if one would start to watch DBZ, what point would be a good time to watch the bardock movie, with the lore and all?
    Right after Frieza is introduced? Before they fight, as one of those flashbacks what anime like to have?
    I would say after the end of the Frieza saga as to not spoil gokus first transformation (which canon wise is the 1st one we should see) I have the series and I pretty much skip most of the filler episodes. theres a lot of fluf ¬_¬

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    The ability to see into the future which was gifted to him by a race he helped enslave/destroy. They basically allowed him to see into the future to show how his actions would affect him etc. Sort of a punishment I guess? Friezas blast somehow mixed with that power and sent him back in time apparently.
    That's like the cyclops in Krull!

But back on topic, I think its pretty crazy that I keep finding clips of the Citadel DLC on YouTube of scenes I never saw, despite playing it on 3 of my Shepards. I guess there is just a lot of variables. Do you all know if there is a checklist of all the scenes in the DLC so I can see if I missed anything?

We could talk about the Mass Effect movie!
    Gilbert Gottfried as the voice of Sovereign!

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Gilbert Gottfried as the voice of Sovereign!
    I'm sure you have a Troll character in World of Warcraft.
    Statix will suffice.

Isn't this the Mass Effect thread? What's a discussion on DBZ doing here?

edit: Oh, it ended. Disregard me!
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Q: But who are the forum QQers going to QQ at now?
    A: They'll find another name and still miss the point that Blizzard designs as a collective.

I'm sure you have a Troll character in World of Warcraft.
    Javik? Pretty sure he's "troll" in both voice and behaviour.