Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    how many hours average does the story take?
    Took me 36 hours to complete on the hardest setting, doing every side quest and talking to everyone, I deliberately took my time too.

I don't remember Mordin singing Must. Replay. ME2.
    (Took me about 20-25 hours on the default difficulty, honestly not sure where that 50 was plucked from)

"Emergency Induction Port. You mean a straw? EMERGENCY INDUCTION PORT!" - one of the best lines, though Garrus line is even better.
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

BioWare director stands by Mass Effect 3 ending, promises single-player DLC
    In an interview with Digital Trends, the director said he planned for Mass Effect 3′s ending to be somewhat controversial.

“I didn’t want the game to be forgettable, and even right down to the sort of polarizing reaction that the ends have had with people–debating what the endings mean and what’s going to happen next, and what situation are the characters left in,” he said.

“That to me is part of what’s exciting about this story. There has always been a little bit of mystery there and a little bit of interpretation, and it’s a story that people can talk about after the fact.”

People are certainly talking about the ending; some are so distressed by it that they have launched a surprisingly hefty campaign to get it changed. Despite that, Hudson stuck to his guns, saying what he’s “most proud of” is that the story “will be remembered”, and added that BioWare pays “very close attention” to fan feedback.

“It’s very important to us and we will always listen to feedback, interpret it and try and do the right thing by our fans. That’s why if you look at Mass Effect 2 we knew that people wanted to spend more time with a character like Liara, and so we created an ongoing storyline with her as part of the comics and then built it into the DLC stuff, and we’re always listening to fans,” he said.

“We have some really great multiplayer content and some really great single-player content coming over the air, and their feedback will become part of how we design that.”

Hudson gave another concrete example of how feedback has shaped the series – the inclusion of Tali and Garrus as love interests.

“From the outset, we didn’t envision them as characters that people would want to have a romance with,” he said.

“And yet they were successful as characters, and so popular amongst a lot of people that people really wanted to develop a relationship with them, so we integrated that from Mass Effect 2 and it’s become a big part of the series.”

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    See, in my playthrough that "girl" was with me on Earth during the final assault. You know, the one with no survivors. EDI would have been completely melted/destroyed/killed blah blah....Yet she still stepped out next to Joker at the end. How does that make sense?
    Did EDI step out next to Joker in your cutscene? For me I saw both Ashley and Samantha Traynor with him where they crashed on some random planet. Which is rather weird too because Ashley was with me in the final push for the Reaper Beam to the Citadel as well.... hahaha xD

Aaaalso I was wondering, I played the last part from destroying the cerberus base and onward twice, just to see both endings, but when you destroy the Reaper 'Mainframe' ? Or how it's called... you stand so close to it with your pistol that the little explosion of it kills you. Wouldn't it make more sense to take a step back and fcking survive it....
    If you choose to control the reapers I can understand you die, materialize as some kind of CPU in all the Reapers to be able to control them as some kind of huge synthetic entity but dying to a rather small explosion caused by a pistol.... bah.
    Last edited by Wiki; 2012-03-14 at 10:03 AM.

Man, I hope that Multiplayer content is actually good. The current stuff is quite lame. Personally I'm content with ending, obviously your crew somehow being back on the Normandy is shit and other little plotholes like that - but generally I liked the ending.

Guys, please try to remember to put the spoiler tags to your opinions/discussions/whatever to stuff that has Mass Effect 3 spoilers. Especially the endings. Some people who browse the thread haven't finished the game yet and spoiler tags are there to keep the spoiler discussion hidden. :>

“We have some really great multiplayer content and some really great single-player content coming over the air, and their feedback will become part of how we design that.”
    Mmmm... Give. No idea how long that will take, though. D:

| RAGE. HATE. FEAR. | Sig by Shyama <3 | Playing: Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, Diablo 3 |

Quote Originally Posted by Wiki View Post
    -snip-
    You should really add spoiler tags on that. :/

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 11:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    Mmmm... Give. No idea how long that will take, though. D:
    That's my main concern as well. It could take a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post

That's my main concern as well. It could take a while.
    I mean it has been brought up multiple times that the players have been hinted to keep their Mass Effect 3 saves for "something". But it's a diffrent story how long people are actually willing to wait after the disappointmets they experienced. So even if we do get something amazing the people who wanted it most might've given up.

IDK did that make any sense, hahah. I can't really put what I mean into words.

| RAGE. HATE. FEAR. | Sig by Shyama <3 | Playing: Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, Diablo 3 |

Stood in the Fire
    At the moment im mostly worried about the bug alot of people are experiencing with multiplayer (on PC not sure about other platforms), all item and race unlocks are being wiped for some people myself included. This to me is more annoying than bad endings I can pretend dont exist :P

Ending stuff:

I can't understand why, if you choose the 'control' ending, you couldn't just use your new Reaper minions to rebuild the Mass Relays?

Additionally, all the greatest scientific minds in the galaxy are in one place (wherever the Crucible was made) with all the resources that would have been pooled to build it, having studied the most advanced technology the galaxy has ever seen. I'm sure they'll knock up something to replace the relays with easily enough. If you save the Rachni, they can fetch food and resources since iirc they don't need technology to flit about the galaxy.

I mean it has been brought up multiple times that the players have been hinted to keep their Mass Effect 3 saves for "something". But it's a diffrent story how long people are actually willing to wait after the disappointmets they experienced. So even if we do get something amazing the people who wanted it most might've given up.

It makes perfect sense.

I'm hanging on for as long as I can, but there's eventually going to be a point where I just stop caring and give up on it entirely.

Hopefully I'm in the minority. We need people to stick with this as long as possible.

Anyways.

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but this guy puts it into words remarkably well - much better than I could have possibly done (beware, some spoilers):

Last edited by Kaneiac; 2012-03-14 at 10:27 AM.
    Hey, remember when I dropped my keys and you thought the phone was ringing?

You're exactly what I was thinking, only you put it better than I could.

Also. <3 Tali.
    Last edited by Nerraw; 2012-03-14 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Massive reply forum mess-up O.o

So, I read that interview that Hudson guy gave and couldn't stop wondering... does he really think the ending was good because people won't forget about it easily?
    Really?

"Well, I went to this amusement park and a friend of mine fell out of the rollercoaster and got seriously injured... This is completely unforgettable for me and I will now obviously always return to that park and spend my money there. Everything else would be strange, right?"
    It's astonishing how confused people get when a sentence does not end as they potato.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    -snip-
    I like the video. He definitely makes some great points, but my favorite point is "Where's the option to tell him to fuck off?"

Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    So, I read that interview that Hudson guy gave and couldn't stop wondering... does he really think the ending was good because people won't forget about it easily?
    Really?

"Well, I went to this amusement park and a friend of mine fell out of the rollercoaster and got seriously injured... This is completely unforgettable for me and I will now obviously always return to that park and spend my money there. Everything else would be strange, right?"
    At the jist of it, yep.

He's proud that it's "controversial" and it'll be something we discuss for a while.

Yeah, it doesn't make any sense to me either.

ME was never anything more than a space-opera with characters you really care about. They tried a dark and edgy ending - it doesn't fit. Admirable - but not something you tack onto a trilogy that it doesn't fit with.

To add: http://retakemasseffect.chipin.com/r...ct-childs-play

The charity officially broke $30,000 dollars. Even if nothing comes out of it, at least we have the fact this charity will do amazing things for those kids.
    Last edited by Kaneiac; 2012-03-14 at 11:06 AM.
    Hey, remember when I dropped my keys and you thought the phone was ringing?

Just wanted to link the new CAD here, since I believe it applies: [Still is a very slight spoiler!]
    http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20120314
    It's astonishing how confused people get when a sentence does not end as they potato.

So I see all this, if you did x in ME1/ME2 y happens in ME3. What if we don't have a save from the previous games?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Then the [MMORPG] genre started attracting more players. These players wanted more of a "game" and less of a "world" [...]

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    So I see all this, if you did x in ME1/ME2 y happens in ME3. What if we don't have a save from the previous games?
    People, possibly entire civilizations, die.

it kinda ocurred to me an hour ago that if they were to make a movie of mass effect, it would fit right after the endings as shepard wakes up and then we finaly see some battle and shepard actualy managing to save every1 and killing the reapers and answering all of our questions of what hapens afterwards
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.