Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Personally I thought melee didn't really make much sense in the ME universe since we're busy firing mass distorted metal shavings at each other at incredible speeds. The heavy melee in ME3 looked cool but felt a bit like it belonged in a different game IMO.
    Like say... Gears of War?

Chainsaws attached to our guns will ALWAYS make sense.

Eh, its an american thing.

Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Personally I thought melee didn't really make much sense in the ME universe since we're busy firing mass distorted metal shavings at each other at incredible speeds. The heavy melee in ME3 looked cool but felt a bit like it belonged in a different game IMO.
    I don´t quite get how heavy-melee makes no sense in the ME-Universe because actually it does make a lot of sense.

Unless the soldiers in Mass Effect use shotguns all their other "mass distorted" guns do shit at close quarter combat (most soldiers use assault rifles canon wise). So having a omni-tool that creates an extremely hot one-use blade does not fit into the universe? Seriously Mass Effect has always been about the amazing technology like Mass acceleration and Omni-Tools are an incredible technology too.

To be honest I am glad that heavy-melee made it into the game and I don´t see how it does not fit to the game concept? When a husk comes close you have to do something to fend it off and your assault rifles do shit in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    To be honest I am glad that heavy-melee made it into the game and I don´t see how it does not fit to the game concept? When a husk comes close you have to do something to fend it off and your assault rifles do shit in this situation.
    Im gonna be super obvious right now and say "shoot it".

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Im gonna be super obvious right now and say "shoot it".
    Well it is even stated in-game that most weapons are just very bad at close quarters (especially assault rifles like the Avenger). Yes you can try to shoot it but what if that said Husk is monkey-hugging you already? Oh yeah shoot it

No seriously you need something for close-quarter combat even in ME. Those Husks like it close and personal and Husks are pretty common in ME3 so why no heavy melee?

BTW: Yes those Chainsaw guns in Gears of War are just stupid. I mean a Chainsaw on a gun? Yeah pure american stereotypes right there.

Yea, but omniblades in ME3 wouldnt really work.
    The reach is just awful, and the blades are too small.
    Something like a sledgehammer or a naginata would be more efficient.

Not a naginata, a shotgun or pistol is fine at that range. You need the thing for the very close combat.
    Still bitter.

Yea, but omniblades in ME3 wouldnt really work.
    The reach is just awful, and the blades are too small.
    Something like a sledgehammer or a naginata would be more efficient.
    Or that fucking big HAMMER of the fucking big THOR *cough* I mean Krogan Warlord. Imagine Shepard wielding such a hammer ... would be epic.

I agree with you that the omni-blade is way too small but I quite like the other heavy-melee moves Shepard can have as Adept, Infiltrator and so on.

However wielding Mjolnir (Thor´s hammer) or a Naginata would be priceless.

Or that fucking big HAMMER of the fucking big THOR *cough* I mean Krogan Warlord. Imagine Shepard wielding such a hammer ... would be epic.

I agree with you that the omni-blade is way too small but I quite like the other heavy-melee moves Shepard can have as Adept, Infiltrator and so on.

However wielding Mjolnir (Thor´s hammer) or a Naginata would be priceless.
    Weapon diversity leaves alot to desire in ME.
    Maybe Kai Leng should have had a naginata instead.

Honestly, you know what i would like to have seen?
    Jack having a sort of biotic version of Gate of Babylon, just creating a shitton of biotic blades at once and sending them crashing down the enemies, wiping out everything.
    It would fit her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Not a naginata, a shotgun or pistol is fine at that range. You need the thing for the very close combat.
    Pistol for a short range fast moving target that doesnt feel pain or fear death?
    You are shit out of luck.

There would have been so many cool moves Shepard and his crew could have in the Mass Effect setting. One thing that instantly came to my mind:

-Some sort of "Fan of Knives" ability (the one from WoW where your rogue does a blade AoE) only with biotic blades. Would fit Jack perfectly but also Adept Shepard. (like you said with the Gate of Babylon ability)

The only interesting biotic ability in ME is, for me, Singularity.

The only interesting biotic ability in ME is, for me, Singularity.
    Pish.

Bigbys Giant Biotic Hand. Grab those Geth and shake em like bond and his martini.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Pish.

Bigbys Giant Biotic Hand. Grab those Geth and shake em like bond and his martini.
    In that case, i want a biotic Hyakuretsu no Ken.
    A sky full of fists coming down on the enemy.

Could make a Biotic trickster and do a three stooges routine against the enemy. Ok... now I want a Kinect 2.0 ME game where I can just taunt and mess with my enemies with biotics.

100 Biotic fists ... I said 100 Biotic fists. Oh my that would been too good to be true. Combine that with a fucking big earth-quake ability and a Biotic Hammer and your Shepard is a biotic god.

100 Biotic fists ... I said 100 Biotic fists. Oh my that would been too good to be true. Combine that with a fucking big earth-quake ability and a Biotic Hammer and your Shepard is a biotic god.
    Lets run it down.
    Shepard initiates the utter destruction with an onslaught of a hundred biotic fists breaking apart the enemys bones.
    Then he crashes down on the enemy with a biotic hammer crackling with biotic power, crushing the organs and creating an earthquake upon impact.
    The biotic energy surges back up as massive spikes from the ground, impaling the battered enemy.
    Shepard finishes off with a cross slash sending a biotic wind, splitting the enemys body apart.

That husk never stood a chance.

Lets run it down.
    Shepard initiates the utter destruction with an onslaught of a hundred biotic fists breaking apart the enemys bones.
    Then he crashes down on the enemy with a biotic hammer crackling with biotic power, crushing the organs and creating an earthquake upon impact.
    The biotic energy surges back up as massive spikes from the ground, impaling the battered enemy.
    Shepard finishes off with a cross slash sending a biotic wind, splitting the enemys body apart.

That husk never stood a chance.
    Not even Harbinger would stand a chance against a Shepard with that abilities.

Shepard would have crushed him at the beam on Earth instead of getting fried by Harbinger.

We just need Shepard to reach the apex of evolution like Cars did, and he wouldnt have lost Earth at the start of ME3.
    But then it would be a very short game.
    Last edited by Gravath; 2013-05-07 at 09:28 AM.

We just need Shepard to reach the apex of evolution like Cars did, and he wouldnt have lost Earth at the start of ME3.
    But then it would be a very short game.
    Yes he would have crushed each and every Reaper before they even had a chance at attacking Earth. Shepard would have went straight to Dark Space while they were still hibernating and then would have annihilated them.

So basically Mass-Effect with an apex of evolution Shepard would went like that:

1- Shepard lands on Eden Prime and immediately sees this big Ship floating there (Sovereign). He then thinks "Hell yeah I´d love to destroy this motherfucking ship". So he destroys it with his biotic god powers. Afterwards Saren tells him that it was a Reaper and that he was working for Sovereign. Saren also tells Shepard that the Reapers are hibernating in Dark Space.

2. In a fit of rage Shepard takes the Normandy through the citadel Relay into dark space and then unleashes his powers crushing every Reaper in the process.

3. Shepard learns about a crazy AI that was created by the Leviathans and controls the Reapers. So Shepard hacks that AI on the citadel and turns it into his personal butler AI. Since in this scenario there would be no EDI it would also serve as the Normandy´s AI.

4. Shepard destroys the few Leviathans that are left and recruits Javik. They both proceed to be the ultimate Troll-duo with Garrus as their ultimate Bro.

5. Shepard marries Ashley. She then births him the future Biotic god/soldier children.

6. The universe never saw any Reaper and still thinks they are a myth created by a few crazy people.
    Last edited by The Illusive Man; 2013-05-07 at 12:52 PM.