Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    Sorry to pull this meme out of the bin, but that Game Front article Gerion linked used it and it cracked me up.

i wanted to post that...

Quote Originally Posted by Demondar View Post
    Really great that the Xb0x 360 wireless controller for PC doesn't work in this one either

GG Bioware.
    I guess Each to their Own ... But I find it really hard to believe that people would want to play the game with a Xbox controller on the PC :S PC reaction time (With a Decent DPI Mouse) is easily 2-3x that of a Controller, and you have much more Control over your character. But perhaps that's just me i dunno.

And the Ending IS retarted ... I seriously don't understand how people can sit and say, "It's perfect, I love them they all fit"... Either you DIDN'T play the other 2 Mass Effect Games. Or you're so far in denial that anything this game does could be Bad that you can't see the ending for the Trash it is.
    Don't get me wrong .. The Whole rest of the game .. Fucking 10/10 Best game I've ever played in my life. But the Endings, Drops that rating down a good ~10% AND whilst that means I'd still easily give the game a 9 or 9.5/10 ... It still makes it hard for me to play again because I know exactly how Terribly it's going to end.

Just by doing a Simple List of all the Ridiculous Plot Holes you can easily see how dumb the Ending is:

1. Normandy is retreating from the Battle AND has acquired your Squadmates from London, Not only does this go against Joker's "Fuck the Reapers or Die Trying" Attitude (Similar To Shepard) but it's COMPLETELY Implausible. Sure, Shepard went off the Grid for ahwhile, but in no way would Joker and the Squadmates who survive have even for a second given up on him and thought about retreat.

2. Mass Relays are Destroyed. Now there's the premise that If a Mass Relay is destroyed it will explode and pretty much blow up that entire System. Now even discounting that, You're looking at the last, or the majority of every Galactic Civilization Stuck on Earth. Which not only wouldn't support half those races Dietary needs, but is most likely would hardly be able to provide resources for the Humans that are left considering the majority of the Planet would surely be in Utter Ruins.
    Either Explosion By Mass Relays or Starvation/Sickness, Majority of Races will Die.

3. A further Addition to Point 2. If The big Wave of Colour causes the Normandy's Engine's to Overload and Blow Up causing a Crash Land... Then What has just happened to the Thousands of Spacecraft that was hovering above earth in Mid-Battle... Surely all their Engines would have Overloaded and Whilst the guys down on the Ground are Praising Victory, Thousands of Ships are about to come crashing down on their Heads. Again, Majority of Civilization Dies.

4. The Entire Logic of the Reapers is flawed beyond belief. Just like the Yo Dawg Meme, " 'God' Created the Reapers to Harvest Civilizations and turn them into a Synthetic because they would eventually Die to their own Synthetic Creations" .. It's just a Big Fucking Joke ... Not only is the Geth/Quarian Peace and EDI Proof of Synthetics and Organics Living in Harmony. But people argue this by saying it's "One Remote Case" .. Well Clearly they didn't play the Prothean DLC ... The Protheans had their own Synthetic War, "Metacon War" and Were Winning (Until the Reapers Arrived). And the Protheans were helping Uplift the Evolving Species. So they could have taught the Next Generations about the Dangers of Synthetics, and would have had an Empire Powerful Enough to Thwart any Synthetic Rebellions.

So Yea I firmly believe that Any person who thinks the Endings were "Fantastic", Or any variation of the Word, Simply Hasn't played the first 2 games and knows enough of the Mass Effect Universe to have knowledge of the Full Situation Or is Just in some Delusional Dream because they don't want to believe that the Final Game could have ended so poorly. Open Your Eyes if this is you (Or play the first couple of Games and actually Properly Figure out the Story and Universe) and you Will See, and most likely become a Part of the group of people who you currently think are "Overreacting".

Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    I guess Each to their Own ... But I find it really hard to believe that people would want to play the game with a Xbox controller on the PC :S PC reaction time (With a Decent DPI Mouse) is easily 2-3x that of a Controller, and you have much more Control over your character. But perhaps that's just me i dunno.

And the Ending IS retarted ... I seriously don't understand how people can sit and say, "It's perfect, I love them they all fit"... Either you DIDN'T play the other 2 Mass Effect Games. Or you're so far in denial that anything this game does could be Bad that you can't see the ending for the Trash it is.
    Don't get me wrong .. The Whole rest of the game .. Fucking 10/10 Best game I've ever played in my life. But the Endings, Drops that rating down a good ~10% AND whilst that means I'd still easily give the game a 9 or 9.5/10 ... It still makes it hard for me to play again because I know exactly how Terribly it's going to end.

Just by doing a Simple List of all the Ridiculous Plot Holes you can easily see how dumb the Ending is:

1. Normandy is retreating from the Battle AND has acquired your Squadmates from London, Not only does this go against Joker's "Fuck the Reapers or Die Trying" Attitude (Similar To Shepard) but it's COMPLETELY Implausible. Sure, Shepard went off the Grid for ahwhile, but in no way would Joker and the Squadmates who survive have even for a second given up on him and thought about retreat.

2. Mass Relays are Destroyed. Now there's the premise that If a Mass Relay is destroyed it will explode and pretty much blow up that entire System. Now even discounting that, You're looking at the last, or the majority of every Galactic Civilization Stuck on Earth. Which not only wouldn't support half those races Dietary needs, but is most likely would hardly be able to provide resources for the Humans that are left considering the majority of the Planet would surely be in Utter Ruins.
    Either Explosion By Mass Relays or Starvation/Sickness, Majority of Races will Die.

3. A further Addition to Point 2. If The big Wave of Colour causes the Normandy's Engine's to Overload and Blow Up causing a Crash Land... Then What has just happened to the Thousands of Spacecraft that was hovering above earth in Mid-Battle... Surely all their Engines would have Overloaded and Whilst the guys down on the Ground are Praising Victory, Thousands of Ships are about to come crashing down on their Heads. Again, Majority of Civilization Dies.

4. The Entire Logic of the Reapers is flawed beyond belief. Just like the Yo Dawg Meme, " 'God' Created the Reapers to Harvest Civilizations and turn them into a Synthetic because they would eventually Die to their own Synthetic Creations" .. It's just a Big Fucking Joke ... Not only is the Geth/Quarian Peace and EDI Proof of Synthetics and Organics Living in Harmony. But people argue this by saying it's "One Remote Case" .. Well Clearly they didn't play the Prothean DLC ... The Protheans had their own Synthetic War, "Metacon War" and Were Winning (Until the Reapers Arrived). And the Protheans were helping Uplift the Evolving Species. So they could have taught the Next Generations about the Dangers of Synthetics, and would have had an Empire Powerful Enough to Thwart any Synthetic Rebellions.

So Yea I firmly believe that Any person who thinks the Endings were "Fantastic", Or any variation of the Word, Simply Hasn't played the first 2 games and knows enough of the Mass Effect Universe to have knowledge of the Full Situation Or is Just in some Delusional Dream because they don't want to believe that the Final Game could have ended so poorly. Open Your Eyes if this is you (Or play the first couple of Games and actually Properly Figure out the Story and Universe) and you Will See, and most likely become a Part of the group of people who you currently think are "Overreacting".
    Agreed its not even down to opionion, the plot holes are just to large to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Fibby76 View Post
    Hello all- perhaps someone here in the MMO community could help with the issue i'm having.....

In the mission "Citadel: the return", the portion where you're in the red hallway with the dead bodies and keepers attending to them. (It's the mission after the reapers attacked the people advancing toward the light beam on Earth)

I wandered toward the end, past all the keepers, toward the doors, but the doors dont open. I checked out the Youtube flicks to see what I'm missing. As far as I can tell, the doors were supposed to open automatically. Yet when i reloaded it, the doors still wont open. I even went back to an earlier save file (yes, I did the whole "Take back the Earth" thing again, and when I get to that red hallway, the doors STILL wont open.

I've tried contacting tech support and they tell me it's a "gameplay issue", I've gone to Origin and selected "repair install", I've gone to the bioware forums, but my questions went unanswered and buried underneath all the multiplayer threads.

Seriously, am i the only one experiencing this? This is literally a game-breaking glitch. I cannot proceed past the doors and finish the damn game. I don't have it in me to start the whole damn gameplay from the beginning. (i got like 7,000 war assests and so forth. The game was great, but not great enough for a replay.)
    I'm reposting this in case anyone knows of a fix. I'd really like to finish this game so i can move on with my life.

I'm reposting this in case anyone knows of a fix. I'd really like to finish this game so i can move on with my life.
    Hmm i don't even remember a door, do you hear anderson talking to you at least?

I think this happened to me the first time I got there. I ended up backtracking a bit to the beginning of the hallway, and one of the sound clips of my conversation with Anderson finally played and I was able to move on. I'm pretty sure the door opening is triggered by a cue in the conversation.

yes, there was a cutscene where I spoke with anderson and then i'm in the red hallway as mentioned above. The door is at the end of this hallway. (or bridge or whatever that place was.)

yes, there was a cutscene where I spoke with anderson and then i'm in the red hallway as mentioned above. The door is at the end of this hallway. (or bridge or whatever that place was.)
    Anderson should be saying stuff to you as you move down the hallway. If he's not something might be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Agreed its not even down to opionion, the plot holes are just to large to miss.
    Like I could accept it if there was like 70% of what happens makes sense .. And 30% Doesn't .. Possibly even 60/40 ...

But it's literally .. 95% Doesn't make sense .. I think the ONLY part of that Ending that actually makes a Scrap of sense is the Idea of Shepard Sacrificing his life to save the Galaxy .

I have not seen a SINGLE argument/Point/Thing (by any person and believe me people have tried) About the Ending making sense, that hasn't been able to be completely refuted and proved Incorrect.

Even the retards over at IGN made that entire youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqgRP...IJ05plOMYbo%3D) and the guy couldn't come up with a Single Decent Point as to why the Ending Made sense .. Instead he basically said, "Well It's Bioware's game so they can End it how they like" ... Which Sure, they're entitled to just that as it's indeed their Creation, but they couldn't even put forward one non-refutable point as to Why it's actually GOOD and HOW IT MAKES SENSE.

Why? Because NO ONE can make sense of it atm. It's complete Nonsensical Bullshit.

I respect the Twitter and FB movements for trying, and I definitely have Followed and Liked these groups mainly just because there's that Off Off Off Off chance that they might actually get somewhere and convince Bioware to come up with some DLC which extends or changes the Endings. I'm not expecting some Miracle from them, I understand It's Bioware's creation they can do what they want. So just going to see if I can somehow bring myself to play it once more, and then like the other Games which were Great but didn't have enough replayability because of Endings or Linear Character and/or Plot Progression it shall Sit on the Far Reaches of my C Drive.

Edit : ME1 Playtime : 5 Playthrough's Roughly ~125 Hours ... ME2 Playtime: 7 Playthrough's Roughly ~160 Hours...

ME3 without any changes to it's Ending will receive AT BEST 2 Playthrough's Roughly ~45 Hours .. Kinda Sad Really, Considering How Good the Rest of the game was. I give the game a Second Playthrough Purely to Honour that Amazing Rest of the game, after that I just won't be able to bring myself to do it again knowing what's coming at the End.
    Last edited by Daverid; 2012-03-14 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    Anderson should be saying stuff to you as you move down the hallway. If he's not something might be wrong.
    Hm, no i didnt see or hear anything from anderson after the cutscene. This persists after reloading or restarting the mission or even going back to earlier save. Repair install does nothing. Damn you, Bioware!

Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    Like I could accept it if there was like 70% of what happens makes sense .. And 30% Doesn't .. Possibly even 60/40 ...

But it's literally .. 95% Doesn't make sense .. I think the ONLY part of that Ending that actually makes a Scrap of sense is the Idea of Shepard Sacrificing his life to save the Galaxy .

I have not seen a SINGLE argument/Point/Thing (by any person and believe me people have tried) About the Ending making sense, that hasn't been able to be completely refuted and proved Incorrect.

Even the retards over at IGN made that entire youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqgRP...IJ05plOMYbo%3D) and the guy couldn't come up with a Single Decent Point as to why the Ending Made sense .. Instead he basically said, "Well It's Bioware's game so they can End it how they like" ... Which Sure, they're entitled to just that as it's indeed their Creation, but they couldn't even put forward one non-refutable point as to Why it's actually GOOD and HOW IT MAKES SENSE.

Why? Because NO ONE can make sense of it atm. It's complete Nonsensical Bullshit.

I respect the Twitter and FB movements for trying, and I definitely have Followed and Liked these groups mainly just because there's that Off Off Off Off chance that they might actually get somewhere and convince Bioware to come up with some DLC which extends or changes the Endings. I'm not expecting some Miracle from them, I understand It's Bioware's creation they can do what they want. So just going to see if I can somehow bring myself to play it once more, and then like the other Games which were Great but didn't have enough replayability because of Endings or Linear Character and/or Plot Progression it shall Sit on the Far Reaches of my C Drive.

Edit : ME1 Playtime : 5 Playthrough's Roughly ~125 Hours ... ME2 Playtime: 7 Playthrough's Roughly ~160 Hours...

ME3 without any changes to it's Ending will receive AT BEST 2 Playthrough's Roughly ~45 Hours .. Kinda Sad Really, Considering How Good the Rest of the game was. I give the game a Second Playthrough Purely to Honour that Amazing Rest of the game, after that I just won't be able to bring myself to do it again knowing what's coming at the End.
    Man that youtube clip you linked made me want to facedesk. This how i see the ending... Its like watching Shawshank Redemption where no one escapes prision and everyone dies of starvation.

Epic!
    Hm, no i didnt see or hear anything from anderson after the cutscene. This persists after reloading or restarting the mission or even going back to earlier save. Repair install does nothing. Damn you, Bioware!
    I had a similar problem on another map. You know the one where you save the turian squad on Tuchanka? Things didn't spawn for me at the end, and when I got to the end that should trigger a cut scene, nothing happened. Reloaded plenty of times, even played through the entire level again.

As it turned out, I wasn't supposed to kill the harvesters (the big flying drake things), since at least one was needed to trigger the rest of the NPC's throughout the level. I ended up alt tabbing for a good five minutes while the last one wrecked havoc on the turian squad, and later flew off. This solved the problem for me.

I don't know what you've got / don't have in your save, but I think the tech support is correct when they say it's a gameplay issue. My suggestion is that you check a gameplay vid on youtube, and simply check what they have that you don't, or vice versa. I don't think it's a technical error with the game files, so repairing the install won't help you. Just trigger what you're supposed to, and you should be good to go.
    Sabïna of Whipe @ Frostmane EU, no longer playing. Youtube Channel
    ----> Diablo 3, 1-60 in 15 minutes /played

This is actually a really minor thing and has something to do with the romances/LI on ME3. But I'm just curious, damn it!

I was curious to see what happens if I turned down Kaidan during the conversation before the "romance-scene" before you start the final part of the game. And by turning down I mean the very last option for the conversations, I haven't tried out the result to all of them yet. I pretty much expected it to end in Shepard throwing Kaidan out of the room since she had too much on her mind but to my surprise they actually cuddled. o_o [SIZE=1][I]And somehow magically they still ended up in bed in their underwear... *cough*[/I][/SIZE] So my question is, has anyone else tried/experienced these a bit "alternative" romance scenes before the last part? All the videos I see end up in the sex scene and I'm just a bit curious to know whether any other LIs end up being all smushy with Shepard if you don't go all the way.

| Sig by Shyama <3 | Playing: Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, Diablo 3 |

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Wow amazing find, lets hope its true.

I just screamed outloud in joy. Damn I hope that's true!

| Sig by Shyama <3 | Playing: Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, Diablo 3 |

HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR If this is the case then BW are the biggest trolls in gaming right now and have executed what is perhaps the biggest troll in gaming history. haahahahahahahahah

Epic!
    "And it’s Free!"

I liked that part. Not that I'm cheap or anything, it's about what message Bioware sends to their fanbase.
    Sabïna of Whipe @ Frostmane EU, no longer playing. Youtube Channel
    ----> Diablo 3, 1-60 in 15 minutes /played

The following information has yet to be confirmed but since the Multiplayer DLC (from the same user) showed to be true then we definately have reason to hope.
    What multiplayer DLC? the obvious fan made photoshop of character cards of which the last two make zero sense whatsoever?

I'm not discounting a big DLC pack that explains the ending or that the indoctrination theory actually turns out to be true (after watching subtle differences in the 'perfect' ending I kind of believe it), but that blog is 99% bullshit and speculation.

If that is true, they will more than likely win back the majority of their fan base, and salvage ME3's reputation. Sounds over dramatic I know, but then again loads of people are pissed right now from what I can tell.