Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Bah alright I will have to go back and do a play through of ME 2 again. I was just using the standard game. On another side note the scene when Liara comes to sheppards cabin and offers to write his name in the stars was so good. I felt such warmth. God damn...
    Yeah, using a ME2 save or even better, a ME1>2 save is much better than the standard new game. My first playthrough was just a standard New Game, and let's just say a lot more people die than if you have your ME2 crew there to help. Also I love that scene with Liara, and the one with Garrus. Even the one with Javik is good, and I never really liked him.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    Yeah, using a ME2 save or even better, a ME1>2 save is much better than the standard new game. My first playthrough was just a standard New Game, and let's just say a lot more people die than if you have your ME2 crew there to help. Also I love that scene with Liara, and the one with Garrus. Even the one with Javik is good, and I never really liked him.
    Don't forget about the few scenes with Grunt and Wrex. Krogans always have some smart ass thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Bah alright I will have to go back and do a play through of ME 2 again. I was just using the standard game. On another side note the scene when Liara comes to sheppards cabin and offers to write his name in the stars was so good. I felt such warmth. God damn...
    I'm glad you brought this scene up. Even though Liara has never been my LI, I thought that scene was great.

This, and 3 other scenes stand out to me. On Tuchanka after you summon the monster to fight the Reaper (I don't remember the damn thing's name) watching it charge the reaper and taking it down was amazing. And shortly after, watching the cure be released into the atmosphere was truly epic (along with Mordin's singing).

My favorite scene of possibly the whole game, has got to be when you encounter KL about to kill the Council member, and Thane shows up with the gun to his head! Assassin vs. Assassin! Throughout these scenes I felt as if I were watching a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by crazysmacker View Post
    Don't forget about the few scenes with Grunt and Wrex. Krogans always have some smart ass thing to say.
    That's another thing I was looking forward to.

Krograns riding dinosaurs! The Reapers wouldn't have had a chance.
    -----+-- [Thaddius] ++++++++

Just because you are unique, does not mean you are right.
    Ðoser of Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bale View Post
    I'm glad you brought this scene up. Even though Liara has never been my LI, I thought that scene was great.

This, and 3 other scenes stand out to me. On Tuchanka after you summon the monster to fight the Reaper (I don't remember the damn thing's name) watching it charge the reaper and taking it down was amazing. And shortly after, watching the cure be released into the atmosphere was truly epic (along with Mordin's singing).

My favorite scene of possibly the whole game, has got to be when you encounter KL about to kill the Council member, and Thane shows up with the gun to his head! Assassin vs. Assassin! Throughout these scenes I felt as if I were watching a movie.
    It's a shame theirs so much anger and vitriol about the game. I found the story to be much better than me2 and almost on par with the first one.

I had never played ME1. I went through ME2 twice, had a perfect save, but lost my hard drive ; ; SO I had to play through ME3 as a fresh game.

Anyways, now that I did that, I went ahead and bought ME1 so I can play through the whole series and see from the start. I have to say, without the aid of nostalgia, I'm actually not enjoying ME1 all that much. As much as people praise the more in-depth mechanics with all the weapon inventory and such, it just feels unnecessarily complicated without any real benefit to the game. Also the combat is so arbitrary in difficulty. it goes from derpy easy to one shot death as soon as out of cutscene in nothing flat. That's just terrible balancing. The way the guns shoot also is a bit weird. Too much compromise between RPG and FPS really. I like 2 better with it's more streamed down design where you get rewards still, but no unnecessary mucking around. They managed to keep the important choices between loadout and skill upgrades though.

The story is not bad, though I might like 2 better I'm not in a position to judge that yet though, not even half way through.

------

As far as the ending, I think shepard dying actually would be a good sense of closure. He's been living on borrowed time to impose his will on the galaxy, it would be fitting for him/her to die the biggest hero in the galaxy, a legend for all time. I'm ok with him dying, and I'm ok with a dark ending. This ending was just clunky and seemed needlessly destructive and bad.
    Last edited by Rukh; 2012-03-15 at 02:34 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    I had never played ME1. I went through ME2 twice, had a perfect save, but lost my hard drive ; ; SO I had to play through ME3 as a fresh game.

Anyways, now that I did that, I went ahead and bought ME1 so I can play through the whole series and see from the start. I have to say, without the aid of nostalgia, I'm actually not enjoying ME1 all that much. As much as people praise the more in-depth mechanics with all the weapon inventory and such, it just feels unnecessarily complicated without any real benefit to the game. Also the combat is so arbitrary in difficulty. it goes from derpy easy to one shot death as soon as out of cutscene in nothing flat. That's just terrible balancing. The way the guns shoot also is a bit weird. Too much compromise between RPG and FPS really. I like 2 better with it's more streamed down design where you get rewards still, but no unnecessary mucking around. They managed to keep the important choices between loadout and skill upgrades though.

The story is not bad, though I might like 2 better I'm not in a position to judge that yet though, not even half way through.
    I always felt that Mass Effect 1's strength was the story. Combat was...ok at best. Inventory system was clunky and got annoying when you got at max inventory, of course it was nice to just reduce all taht down to gel so i didnt have to do any of the mini-games. I was pretty bad at it :\

And round 2 does not make losing my friends any easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post

------

As far as the ending, I think shepard dying actually would be a good sense of closure. He's been living on borrowed time to impose his will on the galaxy, it would be fitting for him/her to die the biggest hero in the galaxy, a legend for all time. I'm ok with him dying, and I'm ok with a dark ending. This ending was just clunky and seemed needlessly destructive and bad.
    After playing 2 and 3, it is pretty hard to get back into the first one.

And Shepard isn't the only one that dies. Inevitably, with the scenario that all endings play out (The destruction of the Mass Relays) basically all of galactic civilization is still in the Sol system, around Earth, with no way to return home, so pretty much everyone dies, and a number of other plot holes. There's no closure in any of it.

MAJOR Spoilers Below!

Look at this image:
    http://i.imgur.com/TywdI.png

This image makes me think that the popular Indocriantion theory regarding the endings might be true...

well it always kinda annoyed me that shepard gets told that harbringer had arrived in the battle field and he acknowledges it, but nothing really happens in the game in regards of that, hence again why indoctrination theory is more and more real, plus 23423423 other things pointing towards it.

On other note, was anyone else able to sleep with the reporter and ashley? I was able to do that and had no conflicts or anything....played male shep.
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    On other note, was anyone else able to sleep with the reporter and ashley? I was able to do that and had no conflicts or anything....played male shep.
    The reporter will keep your relationship quiet

I was looking through the romance options and realized - female Shepard has 7 romance options. Four of them are lesbian, and the three that are heterosexual require you to make certain choices in the previous two games (well, mainly just Mass Effect 2).

If you played Mass Effect 2 a certain way (Let Kaiden die and didn't romance Garrus or Thane), you would be unable to have a heterosexual female character in Mass Effect 3.
    Last edited by Simca; 2012-03-15 at 03:38 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    MAJOR Spoilers Below!

Look at this image:
    http://i.imgur.com/TywdI.png

This image makes me think that the popular Indocriantion theory regarding the endings might be true...
    It's fake.

Here's the real one: http://i.imgur.com/wd4sS.png

On the good side of the news, the Mass Effect twitter has decided to actually start taking any and all feedback about the ending, and what people DID like about it.

A step in the right direction, I guess.

FYI:
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mass...9665384-1.html

Hi everyone,

I've seen some posts where there is a bit of confusion about the ability to get the best endings by only playing single-player, because if you don't play multiplayer (or the iOS game, Infiltrator) your Galactic Readiness stays at 50%.

You do NOT have to play multiplayer to get the best single-player endings.

Here's a bit of clarification:

Your ending(s) are determined by your "Effective Military Strength" (let's call it EMS for now) bar. Focus on that bar - that is your indicator of how well you will do in the end-game.

You can maximize your EMS just by collecting War Assets in the single-player game. There is a certain threshhold of these you would need to exceed (I can't get too specific) but I can tell you there are MORE than the required amount that can be gathered in the single-player campaign.

"Galactic Readiness" is a modifier you can improve by playing multiplayer. That is to say, if you play a lot of multiplayer, you will need less War Assets from single-player to fill up your EMS bar (ie it will balance out the requirements to account for you playing in both modes). Single-player game play does not impact that bar.

EMS = success. EMS can be maximized via collecting war assets alone, even if your Galactic Readiness is 50%.

UPDATE: changing post title, "perfect" ending may create confusion. This post indicates how military strength, war assets and galactic readiness affect the endings.
    I am slightly confused how, but I suppose I have to go back to the last save and start rescanning the planets? Anyone had any luck with rescanning after finishing the game?
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Deleted
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPelM2hwhJA[/url]

lawl

So I feel like the endings topic has been beaten mostly to death already in this thread, so I wanna turn my attention to a more interesting one. Where is the series going to go next? I know ME3 was supposed to wrap up the whole Shepard plot, but I feel like the ME universe is too good for Bioware to drop entirely.

The Reapers were a pretty big deal, so it might be kinda hard to find a threat to the galaxy to top that. I know Bioware kinda shot themselves in the foot with the Mass Relays all getting destroyed, but let's say that they retcon it for the sake of story, or maybe they get rebuilt, and the galaxy is open for exploration again. What would happen next?

If there was a new game, would it be better for it to take place a long time after the events of ME3? My thoughts are that on the one hand it would be good for developing a new storyline (a lot can happen in, say, 500 years), but on the other it becomes more difficult to link the game to some of the familiar elements of the first three games, especially the characters.

So much to speculate about, so little time...

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    So I feel like the endings topic has been beaten mostly to death already in this thread, so I wanna turn my attention to a more interesting one. Where is the series going to go next? I know ME3 was supposed to wrap up the whole Shepard plot, but I feel like the ME universe is too good for Bioware to drop entirely.

The Reapers were a pretty big deal, so it might be kinda hard to find a threat to the galaxy to top that. I know Bioware kinda shot themselves in the foot with the Mass Relays all getting destroyed, but let's say that they retcon it for the sake of story, or maybe they get rebuilt, and the galaxy is open for exploration again. What would happen next?

If there was a new game, would it be better for it to take place a long time after the events of ME3? My thoughts are that on the one hand it would be good for developing a new storyline (a lot can happen in, say, 500 years), but on the other it becomes more difficult to link the game to some of the familiar elements of the first three games, especially the characters.

So much to speculate about, so little time...
    We still don't know who made the Reapers, that's a possible plot line that could be followed. There's also the dark energy thing from ME2.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    We still don't know who made the Reapers, that's a possible plot line that could be followed. There's also the dark energy thing from ME2.
    I just assumed that the Reapers destroyed whoever created them, and then regretted their decision and decided not to let something similar happen between other synthetics/organics. Of course there might be a lot more to it than that. I can see the dark energy thing being expanded upon as well, but if they use it there has to be some kind of bad guy involved. Makes me wish that the Illusive Man had survived so he could obsess endlessly about some other threat to the galaxy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanubis View Post
    In my experience it's easy enough if you all stick together more or less. Especially in the 'Important Enemy' or 'Hacking Points' stages, if you split up it can go wrong quickly.

Also the different enemy types aren't the same difficulty. In my experience Reapers are by far the worst since Banshees, Brutes and the Rachnii ones can all cause problems. Geth are pretty easy as their 'hard' unit, the Geth Prime, simply doesn't cause as many problems. Cerberus sit somewhere in the middle. The Titans are a bit of a ballache, but other than that it's only really the Nemesis units to worry about, and they're not a patch on a Banshee or Brute.
    I fought cerberus for the first 3 even tho I queued for random, finally goth Geth and they were definitely easier. Although my group with the last was full of level 10+ people which helped a bunch, didn't hurt that I was almost level 10 by then and had a better feel for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    It's fake.

Here's the real one: http://i.imgur.com/wd4sS.png

On the good side of the news, the Mass Effect twitter has decided to actually start taking any and all feedback about the ending, and what people DID like about it.

A step in the right direction, I guess.
    Aww shit, here goes my theory...

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    I fought cerberus for the first 3 even tho I queued for random, finally goth Geth and they were definitely easier. Although my group with the last was full of level 10+ people which helped a bunch, didn't hurt that I was almost level 10 by then and had a better feel for it.
    Difficulty in my opinion in bronze goes
    Cerberus, Geth, Reaper.
    In silver it is
    Geth, Reaper, Cerberus.

Banshes and Brutes can both be shotgun-kited easily. Rachni units are cake because they, like the geth prime, fire in groups of three. Stay behind cover, count 3 impacts on the cover, hit them and duck back down. I feel like Kanubis is forgetting about the phantoms. You know, those cartwheeling hand-laser your shield down in one hit then stab you in the face with a sword she-devils.

On silver, pretty much everything in the game is not an issue except phantoms. The guys I play with group up and concentrate firepower on phantoms, because they are the ONLY real threat that have to die quickly.