Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    huge snippet
    Can you please spoiler this?

I know, it's been out for a week, but Japan hasn't received the game yet and I know there are others here who haven't played it yet.

It's not very hard...all you do is click it.
    Hey, remember when I dropped my keys and you thought the phone was ringing?

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    One thing I noted on different playthroughs: if you save the council, they and Kaidan (or Ashley) will choose to trust your word over Udina's during the citadel mission, leading to a much quicker resolution. That scenario also gave me a renegade option to kill Udina myself that I didn't get in the other playthrough.
    Are you sure? I got them to back down in both playthroughs, and I definitely killed Udina for renegade in both playthroughs.

I know how to use the spoiler tag, but it's very hard to read a long post written in spoiler tag. I put spoiler in the title, and twice again in the first paragraph. If it spoiled something for you, I'm sorry, but I gave plenty of warning.
    Spoilers need to be spoilered. Just scrolling down the page trying to go past your post can contain huge spoilers.

I know how to use the spoiler tag, but it's very hard to read a long post written in spoiler tag. I put spoiler in the title, and twice again in the first paragraph. If it spoiled something for you, I'm sorry, but I gave plenty of warning.
    Some people might be browsing quickly and glancing right in the middle of your post, spoiling a part they haven't personally encountered yet. I'd personally play it safe since the spoiler tags aren't a huge issue and anyone who wants to remove them can remove them. Unlike what has been seen can't be unseen..

Aaaanyway. Been playing my second playthrough alongside the iOS app and it's actually a nice addition. I can't wait to get the message when Tali is drinking through the straw... err, I mean "emergency induction port". Any of the decisions haven't really been easier the second time through. This time I actually didn't punch the bitchy reporter on the Citadel and to my surprise she joined my cause. Thane's death wasn't any easier the second time through either... I still shed a few tears. That bloody scene is just so sad! I do find it a bit "funny" that after the scene when you leave the Citadel Kaidan joins me on the Normandy and that scene just cracks me up. Such a "Datass!"-moment I can't help but giggling. My emotions are on a rollercoaster again.

And I'm actually curious.. Is it the EMS that affects whether you can convince TIM to turn down or not in the last part? I had that bit over 4000 EMS the first time I played the game through and I couldn't convince him with a full Paragon score. Or do you need the second playthrough for it or something? I'm still a bit unsure what actually affects it.

| RAGE. HATE. FEAR. | Sig by Shyama <3 |

Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    This thread is just so amusing !! All those guys and their stupid spoiler tags. Do you think anyone who has not played the game yet and does not want to be spoiled klicks right in to a ME3 thread where there is a lot of spoilers?

It´s just tedious to read this thread, sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    This thread is just so amusing !! All those guys and their stupid spoiler tags. Do you think anyone who has not played the game yet and does not want to be spoiled klicks right in to a ME3 thread where there is a lot of spoilers?

It´s just tedious to read this thread, sigh
    I actually do. I was browsing the thread for general information when I was still playing the game and when I actually didn't even have it yet. Europe's release date was later than US so people were already discussing spoilers here while some of us couldn't even get our hands on the game.

So yes. "Stupid spoiler tags" aren't stupid imo. There's a reason they're there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    Some people might be browsing quickly and glancing right in the middle of your post, spoiling a part they haven't personally encountered yet. I'd personally play it safe since the spoiler tags aren't a huge issue and anyone who wants to remove them can remove them. Unlike what has been seen can't be unseen..

Aaaanyway. Been playing my second playthrough alongside the iOS app and it's actually a nice addition. I can't wait to get the message when Tali is drinking through the straw... err, I mean "emergency induction port". Any of the decisions haven't really been easier the second time through. This time I actually didn't punch the bitchy reporter on the Citadel and to my surprise she joined my cause. Thane's death wasn't any easier the second time through either... I still shed a few tears. That bloody scene is just so sad! I do find it a bit "funny" that after the scene when you leave the Citadel Kaidan joins me on the Normandy and that scene just cracks me up. Such a "Datass!"-moment I can't help but giggling. My emotions are on a rollercoaster again.

And I'm actually curious.. Is it the EMS that affects whether you can convince TIM to turn down or not in the last part? I had that bit over 4000 EMS the first time I played the game through and I couldn't convince him with a full Paragon score. Or do you need the second playthrough for it or something? I'm still a bit unsure what actually affects it.
    Convincing TIM is based on your previous conversations with him. You must persuade him on Mars, Thessia, and on his base. You get these persuade options by picking the investigate type option on the left.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Convincing TIM is based on your previous conversations with him. You must persuade him on Mars, Thessia, and on his base. You get these persuade options by picking the investigate type option on the left.
    Hmmm.. I could've sworn I did that, better keep a closer eye on it this time round. Cheers.

Just started my insanity playthrough, the more I think about the ending, the indoctrination theory rings true.

Are you sure? I got them to back down in both playthroughs, and I definitely killed Udina for renegade in both playthroughs.
    Hmm, maybe it has to do something with Kaidan rather than the council then. I couldn't shoot Udina the first time around because Kaidan wouldn't trust me and I had to talk him down, after which he shot Udina himself. No paragon/renegade options for me that time around. They eventually back down in both scenarios, I just had to go through a lot more conversation before Kaidan would trust me. Did you have a previous relationship with Kaidan in either playthrough? I noticed that the playthrough where we had a previous romance was also the one where he immediately trusted me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    Just started my insanity playthrough, the more I think about the ending, the indoctrination theory rings true.
    Just imagine if Bioware publicly said "Oh hey everyone, you know all those decisions you've been making for the past three games? The Reapers were controlling you the whole time." That would go over so well right? People are just trying to rationalize everything because they don't want the endings to seem as bad as they really are.
    Last edited by Notos; 2012-03-15 at 08:49 AM.

Hmm, maybe it has to do something with Kaidan rather than the council then. I couldn't shoot Udina the first time around because Kaidan wouldn't trust me and I had to talk him down, after which he shot Udina himself. No paragon/renegade options for me that time around. They eventually back down in both scenarios, I just had to go through a lot more conversation before Kaidan would trust me. Did you have a previous relationship with Kaidan in either playthrough? I noticed that the playthrough where we had a previous romance was also the one where he immediately trusted me.
    Interesting - My first playthrough was Ashley and same council from ME1 but in this playthrough Thane wasn't there, so Kai Leng killed the Salarian Counselor, and Udina use altered videos to frame me for killing the Counselor, but the Asari Counselor listened to my Shepard and went to shut down the elevator. Udina pushed her down, and pulled a gun, and I got the option to shoot him.

My second play through was with Kaidan and different council from ME1 Neither side lowered our weapons. Kaidan was still uncertain. Udina went to open the door, but the Asari counselor said no, and pushed him away from it. He pushed her to the ground, and I got to shoot him.

So ya, I guess their reaction was a little different, but I guess we'd have to do:
    Kaidan + Original Council
    Kaidan + New Council
    Ashley + Original
    Ashley + New
    to figure it out.... ugh that's a lot of playthroughs.

Just imagine if Bioware publicly said "Oh hey everyone, you know all those decisions you've been making for the past three games? The Reapers were controlling you the whole time." That would go over so well right? People are just trying to rationalize everything because they don't want the endings to seem as bad as they really are.
    The 'indoctrination theory' is just after you get shot by the red beam on earth just before reaching the teleporter, everything that happens is you being indoctrinated by the reaper that shot you

I don't agree with it, but if they put that twist on the actual game I would be amused. But then I didn't really have a huge problem with the green ending anyway.

I actually had a playthrough where my Shepard romanced Kaidan and stayed true to him and I could convince him that I was right about Udina immediately. I also got the Renegade option to shoot Udina, but when I didn't do it then Kaidan pulled the trigger. I also saved the original Council and Thane was alive to kick Kai Leng's ass. So I guess it has something to do with your current relationship status.

I actually had a playthrough where my Shepard romanced Kaidan and stayed true to him and I could convince him that I was right about Udina immediately. I also got the Renegade option to shoot Udina, but when I didn't do it then Kaidan pulled the trigger. I also saved the original Council and Thane was alive to kick Kai Leng's ass. So I guess it has something to do with your current relationship status.
    Actually, I never passed the opportunity on the check. It might've turned out exactly the same if I just didn't hit the renegade trigger.

Oh that's right! I forgot all about Thane! I didn't have him alive in my first playthrough, so Udina had his doctored footage of the Salarian councilor being killed to show to everyone. All the same, in the playthrough where I saved the council, the Asari councilor said something along the lines of "We were wrong to not trust you last time, so we'll trust you this time." I guess that's probably the only line that's directly influenced by whether you saved the council (aside from them remembering you in earlier convos). Everything else can probably be attributed to your situation with Kaidan and whether Thane is present or not.

edit: This has been bugging me for a long while now: is it possible to both save Mordin and cure the genophage?
    Last edited by Notos; 2012-03-15 at 09:26 AM.

Actually, I never passed the opportunity on the check. It might've turned out exactly the same if I just didn't hit the renegade trigger.
    Since I was playing as a Paragon I thought there might be a Paragon option popping up next. You know, talking over a cup of coffee or something. But nope. If you get the Renegade option to shoot Udina and don't take it, at least Kaidan pulls the trigger. I personally have no idea about Ashley since I didn't port my playthrough where she survived yet.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I don't agree with it, but if they put that twist on the actual game I would be amused. But then I didn't really have a huge problem with the green ending anyway.
    Yeah, Synthesis is a great idea! It's the future, true cyborgs - a fusion of both organics and technology, comprising the strengths of both, the weaknesses of neither.

Seriously, we spent the entire first game opposing this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Yeah, Synthesis is a great idea! It's the future, true cyborgs - a fusion of both organics and technology, comprising the strengths of both, the weaknesses of neither.

Seriously, we spent the entire first game opposing this idea.
    I liked it. I really don't care if you have a different opinion. Welcome to the internet, people have opinions and feel the need to share them.

Of course, that whole thing was about indoctrination. If you really want to argue about reaper indoctrination we can, but I don't care enough.
    Last edited by obdigore; 2012-03-15 at 09:31 AM.

edit: This has been bugging me for a long while now: is it possible to both save Mordin and cure the genophage?
    No, it's not.

---------- Post added 2012-03-15 at 10:34 AM ----------

Since I was playing as a Paragon I thought there might be a Paragon option popping up next. You know, talking over a cup of coffee or something. But nope. If you get the Renegade option to shoot Udina and don't take it, at least Kaidan pulls the trigger. I personally have no idea about Ashley since I didn't port my playthrough where she survived yet.
    Ashley survived Virmire in my playthrough, and pretty much the exact same thing happened to me.

---------- Post added 2012-03-15 at 10:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    -snip-
    Spoiler tags for the people haven't finished the game yet, please.
    Last edited by Nerraw; 2012-03-15 at 09:35 AM.

From what I've read it actually is possible to do both. But you have to do some choices on Mass Effect 2 in order for this to happen. I think. I'm not entirely sure though...

EDIT: [I]"During the second Tuchanka mission in Mass Effect 3, you can choose whether to cure the genophage, or sabotage it.

If you cure it, Mordin dies in an explosion. If you sabotage it, you are forced to kill Mordin to do so. However, you can save Mordin if both Wrex isn't alive and you destroyed Maleon's data in ME2. Additionally, if you don't cure the genophage and Wrex is alive, you are forced to kill him when he finds out that the cure was fake."[/I]
    Last edited by Aveline; 2012-03-15 at 09:42 AM.