Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    ME3 is not first person PoV, its third person over the shoulder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Ummm, what? Besides using the Sniper Rifle's zoom or a few turret sections, the entire game is from the Third Person perspective.
    Wow, I always thought camera was just a graphical thing, with no influence on the gameplay... So now, I bet, if someone makes a mod making you see with Shepard's eyes, the genre of the game will change, right?

And, well, they call Doom 2 one of the first FPS games even though there is an option to look over the shoulder of the main player... What genre is this then?

Maybe my brain isn't working, or my eyes, or I'm just dumb...all three are quite viable options but it sounds like you're trying to argue that ME is a fps? When it clearly is not. Gameplay is not present through Shepard's "eyes" like in Call of Duty or Halo. It is a third person view, with the camera being placed behind Shepard's shoulders. CoD has a third person game mode, but that doesn't mean its a third person shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Wow, I always thought camera was just a graphical thing, with no influence on the gameplay... So now, I bet, if someone makes a mod making you see with Shepard's eyes, the genre of the game will change, right?

And, well, they call Doom 2 one of the first FPS games even though there is an option to look over the shoulder of the main player... What genre is this then?
    To begin with, ME is an RPG and not a shooter in the way you should classify it, but there is actually a genre called TPS which stands for third person shooter, if the game have both its a multigenre game i guess. Gears of war is a good example of a pure TPS game without the RPG bits.

Games can have multiple genres, e.g. Borderlands is a FPS/RPG.
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Games can have multiple genres, e.g. Borderlands is a FPS/RPG.
    Classifying a game with multiple genres is just being an indecisive mellow prick.
    There is always a core element to what it is.

And in borderlands case, its a FPS. With some rpg elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Classifying a game with multiple genres is just being an indecisive mellow prick.
    There is always a core element to what it is.
    There may be more than one core element, just as well as a movie doesn't necessarily have the one core character and a person doesn't necessarily have the one core trait.

Let's take a look at Fallout: NV. It's certainly FPS. It's definitely RPG. It's by all means adventure. It can be called a single-player MMO. What is the "core element"? I guess it depends on the player and his/her priorities.

Let's take a look at Fallout: NV. It's certainly FPS. It's definitely RPG. It's by all means adventure. It can be called a single-player MMO. What is the "core element"? I guess it depends on the player and his/her priorities.
    "Single Player MMO" is a contradiction in terms.

Also, in what way do you think Fallout New Vegas could be considered an MMO? It's not massively multilayer, or even online at all, and those are only 2 criteria for being considered an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    "Single Player MMO" is a contradiction in terms.

Also, in what way do you think Fallout New Vegas could be considered an MMO? It's not massively multilayer, or even online at all, and those are only 2 criteria for being considered an MMO.
    Well, almost everyone I talked to about my love for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning claimed it to be a "single-player MMO". So it's not my development.
    Since Fallout: NV seems close to KoA:R to me in terms of general gameplay, here we go...

N7 Day is coming! Features for second celebration.

Bioware make a giveaway codes for Minecraft Xbox360, where is Mass Effect kit. (I got one code if someone want, PM me)

Bioware team are come back, to play with players some games in ME3 MP.

Again will be Art Contest.

Mass Effect: Risk will be revealed.

Mass Effect Marathon with charity action will be also. We can help kids with sickness, fight against Reapers!
    Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Veteran.
    Warcraft lore geek.
    LoL newbie combatant.

I wasn't going to ask but... Catalyst, how does one last long in bed?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    WTF the spam ads

who ever made that tho, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I wasn't going to ask but... Catalyst, how does one last long in bed?
    You dont.
    I created the reapers so that never happens.

You dont.
    I created the reapers so that never happens.
    Commander, throw it out the airlock!
    Warcraft lore geek.
    LoL newbie combatant.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Commander, throw it out the airlock!
    DONT!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

I dub this method of retelling a joke the "DBZ Abridged syndrome".

DONT!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

I dub this method of retelling a joke the "DBZ Abridged syndrome".
    I wish, that throwing out the citadel god child would be possible as ending. Or sending Conrad Verner to control ending.
    Warcraft lore geek.
    LoL newbie combatant.

I wish, that throwing out the citadel god child would be possible as ending.
    They will release that as a DLC once ME4 have been announced.

I wish, that throwing out the citadel god child would be possible as ending. Or sending Conrad Verner to control ending.
    I wish the ending was Morinth and Thane making babies in the afterlife. Two the most tragic characters partying hard would be the most bright scene I can imagine.
    And, after the check of reach and flexibility, Morinth comes back to the mortal world, knocks the Blue Child out the airlock with her heel and invites the Reapers to a party with cookies! Samara has to know how to bake them...

i dream of an asari baby betwen shep and liara would be awesome to see commander sheppard face a diaper
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    i dream of an asari baby betwen shep and liara would be awesome to see commander sheppard face a diaper
    My dream is a Garrus and Male Shepard baby.

Alright I'm done with Gamer Poop now, back to regular discussions