Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    If only to serve as a "do not do this" remark.

Indeed, really wanted to photshop Kai in there, but sadly at work, so not enough time available

Deleted
    Always got time to talk shit.

Good to see that demotivators are still kicking around after all these years.

Deleted
    http://www.despair.com/

still one of my favourite website

Deleted
    That has to be the most cancerous website since... fanfiction.net i reckon.

Deleted
    it is not good if you have issues that need a therapist to be solved, indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, "Indoctrination theory" is still alive? I thought it was an April joke when I first read about it.

Seriously, there are reasons to criticize the ending and to offer your own interpretations, but IT is like the worst attempt ever to do it. It makes absolutely zero sense to indoctrinate Shepard and then to kill him/her by offering him/her three suicidal choices: Shepard would be the strongest pawn in Reapers' hands (or, rather, claws?), so the first thing they would do after indoctrinating him/her is sending him/her on Earth to quickly depatch all the leaders with little losses. Why indoctrinate him/her if they are going to kill him/her afterwards?

I like much more the interpretation that is given by many people who do like me: save before the Cerberus mission, play to the end, then load the save, imagine that Shepard somehow survived in the past events, the Reapers are defeated, and he/she retires and goes to party on Citadel DLC. Or that Citadel DLC is Shepard getting to heaven after dying in the ending (and, given his/her bad karma, even on heaven no one leaves him/her alone). All is better than IT that doesn't endure even the most basic questioning: why indoctrinate someone to kill him/her?

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Ugh, "Indoctrination theory" is still alive? I thought it was an April joke when I first read about it.

Seriously, there are reasons to criticize the ending and to offer your own interpretations, but IT is like the worst attempt ever to do it. It makes absolutely zero sense to indoctrinate Shepard and then to kill him/her by offering him/her three suicidal choices: Shepard would be the strongest pawn in Reapers' hands (or, rather, claws?), so the first thing they would do after indoctrinating him/her is sending him/her on Earth to quickly depatch all the leaders with little losses. Why indoctrinate him/her if they are going to kill him/her afterwards?

I like much more the interpretation that is given by many people who do like me: save before the Cerberus mission, play to the end, then load the save, imagine that Shepard somehow survived in the past events, the Reapers are defeated, and he/she retires and goes to party on Citadel DLC. Or that Citadel DLC is Shepard getting to heaven after dying in the ending (and, given his/her bad karma, even on heaven no one leaves him/her alone). All is better than IT that doesn't endure even the most basic questioning: why indoctrinate someone to kill him/her?
    Iirc the IT leaves an open-ended ending. Shepard never dies, what we see is all indoctrination - including the death (death signifies Shepard lost and became a pawn?).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Iirc the IT leaves an open-ended ending. Shepard never dies, what we see is all indoctrination - including the death (death signifies Shepard lost and became a pawn?).
    It makes no sense anyway. It is not how indoctrination works. Indoctrination works as a subtle difference in the world's perception slowly becoming more and more twisted, until the subject loses any sanity. Indoctrination cannot happen very fast with the subject regaining anything it had before, as it is explained many times, so Shepard should be, like Saren, quite sane by the end, just with a bit different logic. But the whole thing, if it is not real, is so different from the real world that either Shepard went mad when he/she got hit by Sovereign's beam and hit a head by falling on the ground too hard, or this is not indoctrination but something else. Either way, it makes no sense. Besides, the developers themselves many times said that it is as it looks, the IT is a fantasy of disappointed fans, nothing more.

Seriously, it is funny to see how someone's bad joke at some forum has become a widespread explanation. But, well, this is how Internet works.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    It makes no sense anyway. It is not how indoctrination works. Indoctrination works as a subtle difference in the world's perception slowly becoming more and more twisted, until the subject loses any sanity. Indoctrination cannot happen very fast with the subject regaining anything it had before, as it is explained many times, so Shepard should be, like Saren, quite sane by the end, just with a bit different logic. But the whole thing, if it is not real, is so different from the real world that either Shepard went mad when he/she got hit by Sovereign's beam and hit a head by falling on the ground too hard, or this is not indoctrination but something else. Either way, it makes no sense. Besides, the developers themselves many times said that it is as it looks, the IT is a fantasy of disappointed fans, nothing more.

Seriously, it is funny to see how someone's bad joke at some forum has become a widespread explanation. But, well, this is how Internet works.
    Meh, while I think IT is a long stretch and going against some things the game says about indoctrination... the ending we got was worse, specifically on the immersion front (chose your beam scene) & the logical fallacies being committed by a supposed hyper advanced race, to me anyway. But let's not beat this dead horse, I've "gotten over it" a long time ago and I'd hate to start another discussion about it.

Also, but I may be wrong, the developers said that is was up to the fans on how to interpret the ending.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Been a while since we started something.

Hey rhorle!
    Synthesis end is space magic!

Speaking of starting something up, I've still got a playthrough waiting for me in all three games that I haven't started yet!

- - - Updated - - -

I did not know this!

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Been a while since we started something.

Hey rhorle!
    Synthesis end is space magic!
    So is biotics.

Check mate, atheists.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    So is biotics.

Check mate, atheists.
    And Starbrat is the origin of God.

(Extremely) Random thought of the day: Can asari be overweight?

Deleted
    Better question: Do you want to know?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    (Extremely) Random thought of the day: Can asari be overweight?
    Considering there is no fat anything, I'd wager in the ME universe they've pretty much eradicated obesity through advances in science & lifestyle.

Or, it could just be a design choice (or lack of?).

Deleted
    Well the shadow broker was fat. But fat people are rather visually unappealing so it makes sense to not have fat characters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Considering there is no fat anything, I'd wager in the ME universe they've pretty much eradicated obesity through advances in science & lifestyle.

Or, it could just be a design choice (or lack of?).
    Considering that Asari are a pretty well developed race in terms of scientific progress I bet that they have some sort of advancement that prevents fat reserves from building or their food is specially tuned to not allow fat Asari chicks. Alternatively they could be naturally thin and never build fat reserves.

A fat Liara would be disturbing (unless shes pregnant from Shepard)

Deleted
    God bless the internet.

Deleted
    As I said ... disturbing