Quote Originally Posted by Hurpderp View Post
    Slightly offtopic,
    can someone explain to me why do i have renegade points when i start a new game in ME(1)?

(wanna do the whole series again since i dont really remember 1&2 anymore )
    i think it has something to do with either earthborn/spacer/colonist or with military history (war hero/sole survivor/ruthles)

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    I'm guessing you picked Earthborn or Ruthless?

■Spacer:
    ■Earthborn:
    ■Colonist

■Sole Survivor
    ■War Hero
    ■Ruthless
    i picked the default,sole survivor

Quote Originally Posted by Hurpderp View Post
    i picked the default,sole survivor
    Yeah the default is Earthborn/Sole Survivor. (you start with +2 renegade with that setup)
    Last edited by Toccs; 2012-03-15 at 02:48 PM.

After looking at some of the ME tweets my hopes are beginning to rise about what's in store. Some of these have been mentioned but taken as a whole, they are beginning to convince me that they are going to elaborate on some of the plot inconsistencies in the future.

@JessicaMerizan Yeah, because the relays were destroyed I either a: destoyed all life quickly or b: sentenced them to extinction. Quarians..
    JM: @Amazing_IJ are you absolutely sure about that?

@JessicaMerizan Just finished ME3. I didn't know my squadmates could teleport...strange, innit?
    JM: @TomMarcotte1 not teleporting - can't explain now though to keep my feed spoiler free

@masseffect Are you holding something back, that could quell the large amount of frustration from the community, a tiny hint would be enough
    ME: @jakefinn94 Mike Gamble already said on his twitter, if the fans knew what was in store, the reaction would be different.

@masseffect Mass Effect 3 was brilliant, the whole series was, but while this probably won't be answered, is that really how Shepard ends?
    ME: @crowbarrx We can't saaaaay!

@masseffect I kinda feel lost after that ending...not what I expected and left me feeling everything done was for nothing.
    ME: @dacajunrtard We know it's a lot to take in! But hang in there. Your decisions matter.

@masseffect So it matter because it changes how you leave the galaxy. You just don't get the slightest sliver of seeing it.
    ME: @rogueangel0 The game has been out for a week. Don't you think you should hold off on giving up hope of ever seeing the ME universe again?

I think I'm going to play through the entire series again while I wait, maybe try some different options this time.
    Last edited by Notos; 2012-03-15 at 03:15 PM.

i wasn't even trying to romance kaiden i was just being friendly and picking the top right options :S the next thing i know hes in bed with my character

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    <SNIP>
    It's just kinda frustrating it's just hints at this point! Obviously they can't let it all out yet, but it's just like.. I don't know should I be bouncing up and down in joy or should I be preparing for the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    i wasn't even trying to romance kaiden i was just being friendly and picking the top right options :S the next thing i know hes in bed with my character
    Awwwh. It's really easy to make the characters interested in you. I had a hard time keeping it professional with Garrus, Thane and Jacob on ME2. I just wanted to know them better!

... And in a non-dirty way.

| Sig by Shyama <3 | Playing: Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, Diablo 3 |

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    I actually had a playthrough where my Shepard romanced Kaidan and stayed true to him and I could convince him that I was right about Udina immediately. I also got the Renegade option to shoot Udina, but when I didn't do it then Kaidan pulled the trigger. I also saved the original Council and Thane was alive to kick Kai Leng's ass. So I guess it has something to do with your current relationship status.
    To add to this: For me this is how that scene played out - Get out of the elevator, Kaidan's like "This looks bad" to which I pull a paragon move of lowering my weapons. I tell Kaidan I can explain everything and Udina's behind it all, he says "I better not regret this" or smthing like that. Udina pulls a gun and I get the chance to shoot him with renegade option. Did not romance Kaidan. Not sure if how it went for me was the "talk down" scenario y'all are talking about or not.

Don't assume that because its upper option its the "Good" option. Not every conversation is a paragon/renegade one. Basically, 9/10 when you're having a conversation with a squadmate upper options tend to be the "flirty"/"romance" options. Its what made the first one a bit annoying when it came to romances because yeah, you could like "hey liara's what's up?" and next thing you know she's asking you to "embrace eternity." :S
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2012-03-15 at 03:19 PM.

also what if there is a mass effect 4? :S it's obvious people liked the game (excluding the ending) so doesn't really make sense to just stop the game all together when they could get more money...didn't they just say it's the end to shepards story...doesn't really mean an end to all of it :P What if in mass effect 4 the decision at the end of 3 plays a major role? :P

also what if there is a mass effect 4? :S it's obvious people liked the game (excluding the ending) so doesn't really make sense to just stop the game all together when they could get more money...didn't they just say it's the end to shepards story...doesn't really mean an end to all of it :P What if in mass effect 4 the decision at the end of 3 plays a major role? :P
    No its not happening. Casey in some interview somewhere or another said somethign to that effect. He said the turn around time on this game was alot quicker since they knew they weren't making another one. The above twitter feeds lead me to suspect they have something in store in terms of a dlc either planned ahead of time or in response to user feedback. Either way I think it's fair to say something is coming down the pipe line.

Soooooooo I got it anyway (and the DLC, sue me), and I don't get the massive hate against it tbh. Feels more like I'm playing a movie really but I like it. I haven't finished it yet so I don't know the endings, but up till now I like it. That Prothean assault rifle is beyond OP though, so I don't use it. That and why on earth would I buy a Cerberus armor? I'm shooting them in every fricking mission and I told the Illusive Man to fuck off.

Oh and it takes to long before I meet Tali, I mean 1 moment we're doing bed sports and the next game I haven't seen her yet in 14 hours playtime, no one even mentioned her yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Soooooooo I got it anyway (and the DLC, sue me), and I don't get the massive hate against it tbh. Feels more like I'm playing a movie really but I like it. I haven't finished it yet so I don't know the endings, but up till now I like it. That Prothean assault rifle is beyond OP though, so I don't use it. That and why on earth would I buy a Cerberus armor? I'm shooting them in every fricking mission and I told the Illusive Man to fuck off.

Oh and it takes to long before I meet Tali, I mean 1 moment we're doing bed sports and the next game I haven't seen her yet in 14 hours playtime, no one even mentioned her yet.
    It's a shame because it's actually a rather memorable game in many regards. So many scenes will stick with you and youll be moved. People are upset at the developer for whatever perceived grievances and they are letting that cloud their judgement of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post

She's a busy lady these days! >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    To add to this: For me this is how that scene played out - Get out of the elevator, Kaidan's like "This looks bad" to which I pull a paragon move of lowering my weapons. I tell Kaidan I can explain everything and Udina's behind it all, he says "I better not regret this" or smthing like that. Udina pulls a gun and I get the chance to shoot him with renegade option. Did not romance Kaidan. Not sure if how it went for me was the "talk down" scenario y'all are talking about or not.
    Oooh yeah, good point. It actually played out like that for me, but I was expecting a Paragon option after you get the Renegade trigger to shoot Udina.

This is something I'm not sure should be tagged or not buuut playing it safe again!

I just bumped into James and Garrus talking about some "game on" the Crew Deck. Oh this was hilarious.

James: [I]Are you afraid to play the game, Garrus? What are you? A chicken?[/I]
    Garrus:[I] I don't even know what that is! All I know is that everything in the universe appearently tastes like it...[/I]

Awwwh... Garrus is just so adorably oblivious! <3 :'D

Oooh yeah, good point. It actually played out like that for me, but I was expecting a Paragon option after you get the Renegade trigger to shoot Udina.

This is something I'm not sure should be tagged or not buuut playing it safe again!

I just bumped into James and Garrus talking about some "game on" the Crew Deck. Oh this was hilarious.

James: [I]Are you afraid to play the game, Garrus? What are you? A chicken?[/I]
    Garrus:[I] I don't even know what that is! All I know is that everything in the universe appearently tastes like it...[/I]

Awwwh... Garrus is just so adorably oblivious! <3 :'D
    Oh I love those conversations. Have you heard the bragging contest between Garrus and James? By the end of it I was like "=.= you guys know I'm standing right here listening to y'all right?"

I want to see more Mass Effect. Not just because of the ending, but because I love the universe overall.

It's just kinda frustrating it's just hints at this point! Obviously they can't let it all out yet, but it's just like.. I don't know should I be bouncing up and down in joy or should I be preparing for the worst.
    "Has Liara stopped bouncing yet? I guess there may have been some bouncing?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Oh I love those conversations. Have you heard the bragging contest between Garrus and James? By the end of it I was like "=.= you guys know I'm standing right here listening to y'all right?"
    I actually heard it just now too. Such macho men!

Throughout ME1 and a bit in ME2 I saw Kaiden as a best friend, then right at the end of ME3 I get a mail from him asking me to dinner, I thought what the hell friends can have a meal together, I meet up with him and he basically comes out and tells me he’s gay. I'm not homophobic but that moment actually caused me to like him less and be a bit wary. Either way it made for some good drama, it was a shock to me and i didnt flirt with him once.

Their was a conversation between the two of them (james and garrus) where They both kinda talk shit to each other but in the end get together to save the universe from the reapers with a little help from their friends but mostly just james I chuckled

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    No its not happening. Casey in some interview somewhere or another said somethign to that effect. He said the turn around time on this game was alot quicker since they knew they weren't making another one. The above twitter feeds lead me to suspect they have something in store in terms of a dlc either planned ahead of time or in response to user feedback. Either way I think it's fair to say something is coming down the pipe line.
    He said the Shep story is now over that does not mean there won't be a ME4, we could see a whole different character and time.

Edit: Found where i read it.

Looking to the future, what sort of Mass Effects are possible without Shepard?

Without going down any specific path, you can think of many, many different areas throughout the IP, throughout the history, where there are large wars to be won, large battles to be had, and a lot of development to be done around where these races came from, how they came about. We have so much to draw from.

We haven't made a decision about whether we'll do anything in the future, but if we were to do something, we just have a lot of information to choose from. If you boot up Mass Effect 3 and look through the codices you'll see we have tonnes and tonnes of backstory. Obviously, for Mass Effect 3 it's Shepard's story and this is where Shepard's story finishes, but the future is wide open for what we can possibly do.
    Last edited by Toccs; 2012-03-15 at 03:36 PM.

Game was fucking perfect up until the beam for me. Only thing I missed is the data I gathered for myself in that Cerberus Operative interrogation side quest in ME2. Perhaps there was something for it if I had sent it to Alliance or Cerberus.

Anyways: Appareantly Jacob hates condoms more than he loves you. Brynn is still knocked up no matter what romance option you went along with.

Thane dies due to his illness, the sword wound is minor but his blood cells lacking oxygen is major. He dies even if you ignore him in citadel so Kirrahe sacrifices himself (A silly way to die tbh. It would make more sense if the stealthed salarian is Jondam Bau.) If Kirrahe and Thane dies, Salarian councilor dies. Otherwise one of them will interrupt the assasination.

If Tali does not survive, Shala'Raan will cover for her in the story. Don't know if she commits suicide like tali though.

About "Jersey shoreification" I've seen in the net though...

James is a good written character if you ask me. He clearly has issues with his past, and if you keep talking to him his attitude towards you shifts quite a lot. He's a grunt, just alliance model instead of Krogan this time.

Diana Allers I largely ignored. Didn't had any need to go check on her, and a few times I did I only got the option to kick her out. It seems she is just a bimbo for a romance option and not much else. I've seen a whole lot of rage agaisnt these two characters and to be honest I just don't get why we can't have a muscular marine in the ship.

Traynor is fucking awesome. Too bad she doesn't swing my way though. The accent, the shyness, then the cheerful attitude. She is like Kelly but a bit better.
    Last edited by Scorage; 2012-03-15 at 03:38 PM.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."