10+ Year Old Account
    I totally support Zaraj. ME3 bashers just bash the game a lot because they expected something different, and that's understandable, but this bashing just blows out of proportion and eludes any logic.

IMO, almost in every single regard ME2 was worse than ME3, including ending (T-800 final boss... WTF?). The only part I found ME2 better than ME3 about is its attention to companions, where every companion has one recruiting mission and one loyalty mission (except for 2 DLC characters that only have 1 mission each, but those are very well made) - in this regard the game is quite unique among Bioware titles, focusing on your crew rather than on some global events with your crew just being a pleasant bonus. Everything else, IMO, was done better in ME3. And Citadel DLC is just the best freaking DLC ever made.

I must say, ME3 is by far my favorite game in the world, ME2 being the second. Say what you will about the ending, but I loved it, yes, not just "didn't dislike it much", but actually loved it; every time I replay it, the emotions I feel are well above anything I've ever felt in any other video game. I loved that they decided to approach it from a different perspective than usual "Evil is dead, let's go eat some burgers". I am sure that they would satisfy all fans by putting in a traditional Hollywood happy end, but I'm glad they didn't go this way and created something unique.

That's just my rule: discard the general opinion. I don't care about how other people evaluate games; I loved KotoR 2, I loved Dragon Age 2, I loved Neverwinter Nights 2 and I loved Mass Effect 3 (SWTOR I didn't love, but, well, nobody is perfect). I suspect this whole Bioware hating trend is just the result of what I call the "handshake virus", when someone says something, people see it, repeat, and so it spreads throughout the world in days and people start believing it. Also hatred is the general trend nowadays, people want to hate for some reason. People hate Blizzard, people hate Bioware, people hate Hollywood, people hate Harry Potter, people hate Apple, people hate Microsoft... Just don't let the handshake virus get to you, and you will be fine and independent.

As for the "plot holes" in ME3, I guess there are some, but what I found is most people pointing them out just purposefully ignore the simple explanations provided in the game itself.
    Last edited by May90; 2014-10-12 at 11:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed May90. It is among the best games ever. I too loved it. And I might have . . . maybe . . . had some dust in the air or something . . . when they put Shepard's name on the memorial wall. Gets dusty in my room.

The original end was bad, the extended cut was much better. But the overall experience was amazing, to the point where the problems I still have with the end are insignificant when compared with how much I love the game.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Agreed May90. It is among the best games ever. I too loved it. And I might have . . . maybe . . . had some dust in the air or something . . . when they put Shepard's name on the memorial wall. Gets dusty in my room.

The original end was bad, the extended cut was much better. But the overall experience was amazing, to the point where the problems I still have with the end are insignificant when compared with how much I love the game.
    Its the onion ninjas. They get to everyone. *pats*

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    If you want to argue with someone, why don't you come to those devoted IT threads on Bioware forums and do it there? Here no one is interested in discussing this bull, as you probably see. We want to discuss Mass Effect 3 here, not conspiracy theories (which are against the forum rules, if you don't know yet).

I wish anti-off-topic policy was endorsed here more harshly, we wouldn't have to waste our time in the first place.
    You do realize that your posts are not really on topic. And IT theory no matter how much it is hated is on topic? This isn't a chat thread. This is a Mass Effect 3 Mega thread and IT theory discussion falls squarely under the topic of this thread and allowable under the forum rules. This thread wouldn't even bee 1000 pages if people actually stuck to Mass Effect 3.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account

I wouldn't say the end was "bad" before the Extended Cut and other DLCs, more like it was a bit abrupt, it left a lot of questions we couldn't really answer at that point, the main one being - who the hell created Catalyst? Now they answered these questions, and I don't have a single objection to the ending. Maybe only they could change the blue child into something... more epic, like a huge Reaper, or Leviathan, or else. I think Catalyst speaking directly through Harbinger with Shepard would make this ending a bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You do realize that your posts are not really on topic. And IT theory no matter how much it is hated is on topic? This isn't a chat thread. This is a Mass Effect 3 Mega thread and IT theory discussion falls squarely under the topic of this thread and allowable under the forum rules. This thread wouldn't even bee 1000 pages if people actually stuck to Mass Effect 3.
    My posts are an attempt to keep this thread on topic. I wouldn't want to invite moderators to sort it out here, but I guess I'll do it if IT guys keep coming here with their zeal. This is a thread about Mass Effect 3 as a game, not Mass Effect 3 as an object for conspiracies. IT here is as much on topic as 9/11 conspiracy theory would be on topic in a thread about living on Manhattan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh Indra, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways . . .

- - - Updated - - -

Oh man I just had an intense Gold experience with my Salarian Infiltrator and his Indra. Second place on the score board, 3/4 extraction. Funny part was it seemed like it took three hours so I was surprised when it was only 26 minutes lol.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, you guys are making me sad that I haven't played ME3 multiplayer yet. Maybe I should try it after I get the new PC in a week? Might be a good way to spend the fall break.

10+ Year Old Account
    Origin username is Vaklaruush. So don't be alarmed if you get a friend request.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not registered on Origin yet, I think - I use a friend's account to log in. The game is only $20 on Origin nowadays, so I might just purchase it together with the computer parts (especially since I've never really thanked Bioware for this amazing game). If so, my Origin name will probably be May, or May90, or MayCaesar, in case the former two are taken.
    Do you guys use voice chat when playing? I am eager to bring my thick accent into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    You making assumptions and speculations does not equal them actually being there, that is pure fan fiction.
    I've long since given up on the IT, but the indoctrination theory is a lot less fanfiction than the endings we got. That's why the IT was created in the first place, y'know? To explain something that didn't make sense.

- - - Updated - - -

My.

God.

Korra isn't the last Avatar . . . Javik is. Can you imagine how awesome the Avatar universe would be if it were The Legend of Javik?
    .. I like Korra, but that is pretty awesome.

Only the Javik can master all four airlocks and bring vengeance to the Reapers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I've long since given up on the IT, but the indoctrination theory is a lot less fanfiction than the endings we got.
    You probably want to look up the definition of fan fiction. IT is pure fan fiction while the official ending is not, regardless of your opinion about how well developed and consistent each of them is.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    They should've fixed the huge plothole that destroying the reaper somehow destroys most of the tech in the galaxy, because that makes no sense since nothing besides the mass relays and reapers should be linked to the star child. Why is EDI, a AI build by humans linked to the citadel in such a way that she can be remote exploded?.

But the reapers vanishing forever would also be nice. I somehow doubt that that will be the case in a non-destruction ending
    Not that im defending the shit endings. But if you actually paid attention while playing the game, youd know EDI was made by cerberus combining Luna VI from mass effect 1 and reaper tech gathered. In the Geth Quarrian conflict resolutions, both of which the Geths survive, the Geth gets upgraded using reaper technology. Everything using Reaper technology is being destroyed in destroy.

The actual only ending that can make sense to compass all 3 have been discussed to death on their forums in the past. Since the ending is stuck in stone now, the only ending that is the out come of all 3 is synthesis if you go far enough in the future. Since Shepard cannot win without using the star childs choices, it means the choices are all valid in some way. However note the star child also tells you that synthesis was the ultimate goal and was happening eventually. Therefore what ever ending you pick, eventually every ending becomes synthesis in the future, its just a matter of when.

There is only 2 scenarios that can make sense for a sequel.

1- The star child lies and the ending does not exist and the sequel is about Shepard, IT was right bla bla (Unlikely)

2- The endings are true as we saw them play out, the only thing that is in common between the 3 is that eventually synthesis happens in every scenario. Any ending in a too near future sequel cannot make sense, 2 of them have reapers living. 1 of them have a full race wiped out. The only meet up in a future so far that synthesis has played out in all endings.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2014-10-13 at 06:09 AM.

We've known for two years that the IT is not going to fly. Can we please let it rest...?

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    You probably want to look up the definition of fan fiction. IT is pure fan fiction while the official ending is not, regardless of your opinion about how well developed and consistent each of them is.

The real endings came out of nowhere. They may be canon due to them being from BioWare writers, but they're the closest to fanfiction-tier writing they can be. On the flip-side, all you need to do to believe the indoctrination theory is a more viable option is to have played the game.

Seeing as you guys are arguing about IT again, I can only assume you are all hinting you want this thread to go to 2000 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Seeing as you guys are arguing about IT again, I can only assume you are all hinting you want this thread to go to 2000 pages.

Not sure how it got to this. Just.. the idea that the actual endings make more sense than the IT is so laughable that I have to decry it.

The IT leaves even less options in terms of choice if it all leads to Shepard being out cold anyway. For the people complaining about the lack of choice, I honestly don't see why the IT would be so amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    The IT leaves even less options in terms of choice if it all leads to Shepard being out cold anyway. For the people complaining about the lack of choice, I honestly don't see why the IT would be so amazing.

The lack of choice is more in regards to how all endings leave you sacrificing something, and the fact that every ending is -- well especially was a differently coloured copy of the last one. If BioWare hadn't boasted about how they wanted to give people TOTALLY DIFFERENT CHOICES, they wouldn't have complained about it. Hell, even one, good, linear ending would've probably been okay. Also, a problem people had with the endings is that it came out of nowhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    The real endings came out of nowhere. They may be canon due to them being from BioWare writers, but they're the closest to fanfiction-tier writing they can be. On the flip-side, all you need to do to believe the indoctrination theory is a more viable option is to have played the game.
    The real endings came from the developers themselves. Whether you like them or not is your business, but it is as official as you will get.

Why the hell should I believe some crazy fanfic conspiracy theory if I love the ending as it is? Open your eyes and try to understand that your opinion is just your opinion, nothing more. Other people may have different opinions.

Not sure how it got to this. Just.. the idea that the actual endings make more sense than the IT is so laughable that I have to decry it.
    Then go make your own freaking game that will make more sense. Mass Effect 3 is Bioware's game and your interpretation of its ending doesn't mean jack for the game itself. The developers spent a fortune worth of money and ten fortunes worth of time to develop this game while all you did is complain and hit keyboard shortly describing your conspiracy theory. Sten would day, "So far I am not impressed".

Deleted
    So do you think that a Fall/Winter 2015 release is plausible? We haven't heard a lot about this game so I´m kinda worried about the state of development. I would really love a ME game next year but there is a big lack of informations.

Hopefully after DA:I´s launch BW will focus their PR and marketing stuff on ME4 so that we get a few infos.