10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    It is always better to use Shredder/Tungsten ammo than any other ammo
    Innit the truth, considering the geth are the major villians.
    Putin khuliyo

Me 1 - had this unknown feel to it. The way the VI in Ilos tells you about how the reaper plot for our cycle was stalled and a way to stop the reapers for good etc. The combat was horrible in the game it self but the story was really good.

Me2 - Had the sub plot of the sun going through its last stage too early and there was some theories going out that maybe the reapers are doing the cycles due to some possible issue with dark energy causing shit like this to happen. All in all the music in Me2 was brilliant the combat was smooth and I loved TIM and how he was both an ally and an enemy really.

Me3 - up until I got the shitty endings and not fighting Harbinger/seeing him really in the game much if at all like we had in ME2 really put a downer on it for me. I am fine with having multiple Shep dies endings, but I really wanted one ending where we both destroy the reapers and take our chances with having the Geth/EDI alive as well + shep living. As I was happy to many different endings just to play them through. (did the pretty much everyone dies inc shep ending in ME2 etC). Having really 1 ending with different colours sucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Me3 - up until I got the shitty endings and not fighting Harbinger/seeing him really in the game much if at all like we had in ME2 really put a downer on it for me. I am fine with having multiple Shep dies endings, but I really wanted one ending where we both destroy the reapers and take our chances with having the Geth/EDI alive as well + shep living. As I was happy to many different endings just to play them through. (did the pretty much everyone dies inc shep ending in ME2 etC). Having really 1 ending with different colours sucked.
    Well, with topped our war effort its implied that he survived after destroying the Reapers, though, with amount of injuries he sustained and being stranded who knows where - I don't know how much its worth really. And if you choose to control the Reapers, Shep becomes practically a God, though how good it is for the galaxy - depends on your Shep. Two other endings are just retarded and completely out of tune with the rest of the trilogy, so I wont even discuss them.

And I prefer to see Shep making a final sacrifice for his cause, rather then turn into some kind of intergalactic Jack Bauer, while the ending you describe makes it all around hollywood happy end, which would be kinda silly, considering other options. It would eliminate the whole concept of making a hard choice,
    Last edited by Darkis; 2014-12-18 at 06:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Darkis View Post
    Well, with topped our war effort its implied that he survived after destroying the Reapers, though, with amount of injuries he sustained and being stranded who knows where - I don't know how much its worth really. And if you choose to control the Reapers, Shep becomes practically a God, though how good it is for the galaxy - depends on your Shep. Two other endings are just retarded and completely out of tune with the rest of the trilogy, so I wont even discuss them.

And I prefer to see Shep making a final sacrifice for his cause, rather then turn into some kind of intergalactic Jack Bauer, while the ending you describe makes it all around hollywood happy end, which would be kinda silly, considering other options. It would eliminate the whole concept of making a hard choice,
    I don't see an issue with having a single option for the overall happy ending. I am perfectly fine with hard choice/death endings. Just the ones we got were sloppy.

I wanted to destroy the reapers for being the abominations they are, however doing so kills EDI and the geth which I worked hard for. So my only choice now is the fuck you ending where we lose. Green ending is possibly the worst of the lot. Control is pretty cool however.

I don't see a problem with having a hollywood ending along side everything in between + everyone dies endings. I would have welcomed such choices. As it was originally we had no choice. Either Die - or possibly live but in agony and most likely die anyway. With different colours and a slightly different voice over. The EC did help this a bit but the damage for me was done.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to destroy the reapers for being the abominations they are, however doing so kills EDI and the geth which I worked hard for. So my only choice now is the fuck you ending where we lose. Green ending is possibly the worst of the lot. Control is pretty cool however.
    That's the hard choice part. You either stick with your mission and destroy them, making EDI and Geth the collateral damage, and possibly staying alive which is pretty suitable for renegade Shep. Or you sacrifice yourself to make Reapers a tool of creation, instead of destruction (or domination, depends on your Shep). Green ending is space magic + rape of entire galaxy against their will, and "fuck you" just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

That's the hard choice part. You either stick with your mission and destroy them, making EDI and Geth the collateral damage, and possibly staying alive which is pretty suitable for renegade Shep. Or you sacrifice yourself to make Reapers a tool of creation, instead of destruction (or domination, depends on your Shep). Green ending is space magic + rape of entire galaxy against their will, and "fuck you" just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
    The fuck you does make sense. We get the star child out of no where and we are supposed to accept what it says. A lot of people didn't agree with it. Neither did I. So the fuck you ending really does make perfect sense.

Don't get me wrong Hard choices are fine, we just didn't get a single "good" ending like we had before where shep can actually live (more than a breath). I played pretty much all the different types of ending certainly in ME2 and done most in ME3 aside synth as I didnt agree with it. I dont mind having hard choices. But having no happy ending at the end as well as plenty of hard choice endings or even a fail ending where we lose, made it no fun for me after all the effort in 3 games.

As it stands the endings are OK. I was just dissapointed by the lack of choice in the endings and certainly the lack of diversity in them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fuck you does make sense. We get the star child out of no where and we are supposed to accept what it says. A lot of people didn't agree with it. Neither did I. So the fuck you ending really does make perfect sense.
    Well, to each one their own, there is no wrong ending really (except green - it's just bad, mkay), and giving it a little thought - there is a certain point to refusal, though my Shep wouldn't take it as an option. For me - control was the best choice, figure, that after rebuilding the relays, AI Shep would just "ok folks, imma off exploring and shit, cya in a hundred years or so".

Well, to each one their own, there is no wrong ending really (except green - it's just bad, mkay), and giving it a little thought - there is a certain point to refusal, though my Shep wouldn't take it as an option. For me - control was the best choice, figure, that after rebuilding the relays, AI Shep would just "ok folks, imma off exploring and shit, cya in a hundred years or so".
    Indeed no ending was wrong per say (agree Green can go fuck it self pretentious galaxy wide species changing didnt sit well for me). I felt that after all the shit Shep did, I would not have minded either him surviving (assuming you did everything uttler perfect etc) or as an alternative your LI having a child (Liara for either fem/bro shep and Ashley for Male shep?) That would have been not a bad angle to do.

As it stands I think "my" shep just out and out hated the reapers as the abominations they were. Wanted them gone even though he was Paragon. So first time through I just shot the conduit thing with out listening as I was like fuck it you're dead asshole. Only later on I was like OH I kinda wiped out my friendly Geth and EDI and had a moment where I saw shep breath.

Control was interesting in that I was now a space god thing. When I tried Green, I just walked away, felt wrong as an ending. We worked through out the games to bring the races together, only to be told the green lick of paint everyone has solves the issue somehow..... urgh!

Its like ME2, I loved all the endings. I could stop the collectors and still die or lose a load of people or come out all fine. I loved the variety in what could happen there tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed no ending was wrong per say (agree Green can go fuck it self pretentious galaxy wide species changing didnt sit well for me). I felt that after all the shit Shep did, I would not have minded either him surviving (assuming you did everything uttler perfect etc) or as an alternative your LI having a child (Liara for either fem/bro shep and Ashley for Male shep?) That would have been not a bad angle to do.
    That'd be an interesting twist indeed. Ashley's decomposting on Virmire though, gief tattoed kid from Jack.

When I tried Green, I just walked away, felt wrong as an ending. We worked through out the games to bring the races together, only to be told the green lick of paint everyone has solves the issue somehow..... urgh!
    When i saw the leaves with embedded microchips on that planet Normandy crash landed, i was like:

That'd be an interesting twist indeed. Ashley's decomposting on Virmire though, gief tattoed kid from Jack.

When i saw the leaves with embedded microchips on that planet Normandy crash landed, i was like:

Indeed I was the same when I saw the green ending. I did forget about Jack. Could not stand her as an LI though. Ash will be decomposing soon enough for me doing another me1 play through.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did forget about Jack. Could not stand her as an LI though. Ash will be decomposing soon enough for me doing another me1 play through.
    She can be slightly annoying in ME2 indeed, but she's just too damn hot and so much more "not a psycho" in ME3. Was so dissapointed she isn't a squadie there. Plus, i really didn't like anyone else from ME2 for a broShep LI, as other options were a pretentious GMO-babe and an awkward dog-legged little sister with a bucket on her head (she's nice and cute, but just no).

10+ Year Old Account
    The only problem I have with the ending is that it basically discards every decision you've made before, making all those hard choices feel pointless as they don't influence other than your war score. This is also what I hated about Deus Ex HR. I would love every decision to have, at least, some impact on the final. For example, killing/saving Shiala in ME1 might result in her helping you in some epic final battle or not. Instead, if we save her, we just get a message that she did well helping evacuate the colonists, and something like +20 war score. That's it. Ah, she also sends a small message, which is better than nothing, but doesn't really feel like a real consequence of our actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

She can be slightly annoying in ME2 indeed, but she's just too damn hot and so much more "not a psycho" in ME3. Was so dissapointed she isn't a squadie there. Plus, i really didn't like anyone else from ME2 for a broShep LI, as other options were a pretentious GMO-babe and an awkward dog-legged little sister with a bucket on her head (she's nice and cute, but just no).
    Indeed, ME3 she was a lot better IMO. Would have preferred that in ME2. We also never got to See talis face properly just some photo shop deal. :/ That was another major issue for me when I did a playthrough with Tali as the LI through me2 and me 3

10+ Year Old Account
    We also never got to See talis face properly just some photo shop deal. :/ That was another major issue for me when I did a playthrough with Tali as the LI through me2 and me 3
    Yeah, and i don't buy that pic, because a clearly human face with clearly non-human leg structure just doesn't work imho. Asari can pull it off with the head tentacles, but that's about it. Plus, Javik said that quarians were considered attractive in his cycle, and i'm quite sure me and him have different definitions of "attractive".

Stupid really, Bioware could've bought one of the fanmade pics for a modest amount of money, which would be so much cooler on so many levels.

Deleted
    I did forget about Jack. Could not stand her as an LI though.
    You should romance her and then turn her down when she comes up to the cabin.
    It was fun to watch her break.

Yeah, and i don't buy that pic, because a clearly human face with clearly non-human leg structure just doesn't work imho. Asari can pull it off with the head tentacles, but that's about it. Plus, Javik said that quarians were considered attractive in his cycle, and i'm quite sure me and him have different definitions of "attractive".

Stupid really, Bioware could've bought one of the fanmade pics for a modest amount of money, which would be so much cooler on so many levels.
    Indeed the picture was just lazy and speaks volumes about what I also feel about the ending. It feels like they ran out of ideas or simple went fuck it give em this. Hell I got over it and continued to play through. I just stop after I defeat TIM now. As I just dont care for anything after that chat with Anderson when he passes away. Which was an awesome way to have closure with anderson as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    The only problem I have with the ending is that it basically discards every decision you've made before, making all those hard choices feel pointless as they don't influence other than your war score. This is also what I hated about Deus Ex HR. I would love every decision to have, at least, some impact on the final. For example, killing/saving Shiala in ME1 might result in her helping you in some epic final battle or not. Instead, if we save her, we just get a message that she did well helping evacuate the colonists, and something like +20 war score. That's it. Ah, she also sends a small message, which is better than nothing, but doesn't really feel like a real consequence of our actions.
    I felt the same grief in regards to ME2 companions that played such minor roles in ME3. Can understand Jack wanting to watch over her students and Miranda sorting the shit out with her sister again, but Zaeed, Kasumi and Grunt had no reason not to join Shep again. There's also something about Jacob, but who cares really.

Instead they give us James "Cliche" Vega. Wish i could throw him outta airlock.

- - - Updated - - -

It feels like they ran out of ideas or simple went fuck it give em this - they should've understood by now that Liara is the intended canon LI
    Or maybe this =)
    Last edited by Darkis; 2014-12-19 at 02:05 PM.

Deleted
    I felt the same grief in regards to ME2 companions that played such minor roles in ME3. Can understand Jack wanting to watch over her students and Miranda sorting the shit out with her sister again, but Zaeed, Kasumi and Grunt had no reason not to join Shep again. There's also something about Jacob, but who cares really.

Instead they give us James "Cliche" Vega. Wish i could throw him outta airlock.

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe this =)
    What was even worse for me was the phone booth on Earth. Calling everyone 'Hi, how are you?' felt way out of place. I much preferred the Morinth reference, for instance. (meeting her again on Earth... as a banshee)

Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    What was even worse for me was the phone booth on Earth. Calling everyone 'Hi, how are you?' felt way out of place. I much preferred the Morinth reference, for instance. (meeting her again on Earth... as a banshee)
    I missed out on all that Morinth stuff because I had made ONE "renegade" choice (I think I couldn't help kicking that guard out of the window), So I couldn't make the dialogue checks. Never went back to "fix" it, so never saw her again - but really her story was one of the cooler ones.