View Poll Results: ?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    3 7.14%
  • No

    39 92.86%
Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Herald of the Titans TheramoreIsTheBomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Under the Undercity
    Posts
    2,709

    Will KOTOR 3 ever come out?

    No, SWTOR is NOT Kotor3. I mean the Single Player HD sequel to the series that has to do with Revan and the Exile going to the Outer Rim with their allies in a massive war. If I had the opportunity I would write the game's story myself and retcon those stupid comics that SWTOR made to "continue" the Revan story.

    "We are the Forsaken. We will slaughter anyone who stands in our way." Join the #BombSquad today.

  2. #2
    Unfortunately EA has the rights and they have invested heavily into Swtor, and Bioware has said that Swtor is effectively the sequel to the KOTOR series.

  3. #3
    Pandaren Monk lokithor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    1,995
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    No, SWTOR is NOT Kotor3. I mean the Single Player HD sequel to the series that has to do with Revan and the Exile going to the Outer Rim with their allies in a massive war. If I had the opportunity I would write the game's story myself and retcon those stupid comics that SWTOR made to "continue" the Revan story.
    No it will not. It has already been stated that SWtoR IS KotOR 3-whatever.

  4. #4
    Probably not, Mass Effect took over the "space opera rpg" section for BioWare.

  5. #5
    I don't even want it to come out with how bad Bioware is nowadays.

  6. #6
    The Lightbringer Yggdrasil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America!!
    Posts
    3,343
    Anytime soon? Unlikely. Eventually one day Bioware making another Star Wars single player RPG? Possible.

  7. #7
    Herald of the Titans TheramoreIsTheBomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Under the Undercity
    Posts
    2,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    I don't even want it to come out with how bad Bioware is nowadays.
    You must haven't seen how good KOTFE's story was

    "We are the Forsaken. We will slaughter anyone who stands in our way." Join the #BombSquad today.

  8. #8
    Unlikely. The Old Republic era games & EU material are no longer part of Star Wars mythos. EA/Bioware are allowed to keep running The Old Republic despite this but I doubt Disney will allow additional material beyond what was already in the MMORPG and KOTOR 1 & 2.

    It would only create a situation Disney has spent a lot of money trying to fix; a singular, mainstream canon they control utterly.

    Disney takes their money pretty seriously.

  9. #9
    Scarab Lord Sibut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,901
    No, but I'd love to see it someday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Come to Detroit for the beer and crumbling architecture.

    Stay in Detroit because someone stole your passport.

  10. #10
    New star wars rpg game is said to be in development. Likely not Kotor3 but may be similar. Can't wait for more details

  11. #11
    Anything resembling the old star wars games will nevr come out again. Disney nuked the storylines so why would game devs waste thier times developing somthing disney wont say actually happens. Besides if we see more games it will be on battlefronts level of bad. I think the days are over where this franchise received anything decent in the way of games or game storylines.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    No, SWTOR is NOT Kotor3. I mean the Single Player HD sequel to the series that has to do with Revan and the Exile going to the Outer Rim with their allies in a massive war. If I had the opportunity I would write the game's story myself and retcon those stupid comics that SWTOR made to "continue" the Revan story.
    Unfortunately for you, when they were making ToR they said even back then that ToR was essentially Kotor 3. Shadows of Revan expansion and the dungeon in vanilla basically confirm it. So yes you have your Kotor 3 you just don't like it.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Anything resembling the old star wars games will nevr come out again. Disney nuked the storylines so why would game devs waste thier times developing somthing disney wont say actually happens. Besides if we see more games it will be on battlefronts level of bad. I think the days are over where this franchise received anything decent in the way of games or game storylines.
    Does anyone really care if something is canon or not? I mean RP-wise. What matters is that the story is good, I could care less if Disney says this didn't happen.

    Cuz you know, it didn't. It's fantasy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

  14. #14
    High Overlord Thundermoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Does anyone really care if something is canon or not? I mean RP-wise. What matters is that the story is good, I could care less if Disney says this didn't happen.

    Cuz you know, it didn't. It's fantasy.
    I have to agree with this. I have a hard time understanding why it matters so much to people. Personally I'd have no issue with movies just being canon, and then everything else could have it's own life.
    "We have decided to remove Rogues from the game, think of it as permanent stealth. Passive ability. Very iconic."

  15. #15
    Not for a long time, if ever. What HL3 is to the internet, KOTOR 3 is in my eyes.

  16. #16
    Titan unholytestament's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    From the Darknet
    Posts
    12,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Anything resembling the old star wars games will nevr come out again. Disney nuked the storylines so why would game devs waste thier times developing somthing disney wont say actually happens. Besides if we see more games it will be on battlefronts level of bad. I think the days are over where this franchise received anything decent in the way of games or game storylines.
    Two years later and you are still bitching about Star Wars canon?
    Some would ask
    "How could a perfect God create a universe with so much that is evil?"
    They have missed a greater conundrum
    "Why would a perfect God create a universe at all?"

  17. #17
    in 20 years maybe but not anywhere near soon.
    Last edited by RenegadeXan; 2016-01-02 at 05:28 PM.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Does anyone really care if something is canon or not? I mean RP-wise. What matters is that the story is good, I could care less if Disney says this didn't happen.

    Cuz you know, it didn't. It's fantasy.
    Why would the devs care much about a decent story if they knew it means jack shit? I know id focus on other parts of the game rather than a worthwhile story if i knew it wasnt going to mean anything in the end. I think battlfront is a preview of what we have in our futur star wars wise. Flashy games that look good but mechanic wise play like shit.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Why would the devs care much about a decent story if they knew it means jack shit? I know id focus on other parts of the game rather than a worthwhile story if i knew it wasnt going to mean anything in the end. I think battlfront is a preview of what we have in our futur star wars wise. Flashy games that look good but mechanic wise play like shit.
    That's what you seem to not understand. It DOESN'T mean anything. Explain to me what difference in your life it makes when Disney says "this didn't really happen"? It didn't happen in the first place, it's fantasy. Yeah, it won't be included in movies or future books. It will be a closed story that may only be expanded by it's authors, without links in other formats. It doesn't mean it's meaningless, just look at it as a separate entity and you're good to go.

    I guess I just don't have the nerd element in me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Why would the devs care much about a decent story if they knew it means jack shit?
    If it leads to a great game that sells plenty why not? Bioware still developed the expansion KotFE for SWTOR despite none of that actually happening in the Star Wars canon. The good story is a good story, canon or not.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •