15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omglazor View Post
    Already speculated upon in this thread. Not overly original and a fairly obvious possibility, but certainly better than a forced tear-jerker.
    Ah didn't realise, i guess i should get reading the 15 pages

I personally think that's reading way too far into it. For one, the theory that it has to do with people he's lost doesn't really hold water in my eyes, as Shepard has barely lost anyone in some playthroughs. Jenkins, Kaiden/Ashley, and Pressly are the only really notable ones. The alternate theory of course is that it's Reaper indoctrination, but that also has a big hole in it. It's been a year since ME2, and Shepard's been in contact with the derelict Reaper, Object Rho, and the Human Reaper Larvae. If he was going to be indoctrinated, it'd have been complete long before the Alliance arrested him.

It just seems too far fetched to me, especially with the little girl dying in the most recent ME3 trailer. I think the message Bioware is trying to get across is that Shepard doesn't like it when things kill kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Ah didn't realise, i guess i should get reading the 15 pages
    True, true - this thread is pretty long. Did not mean to come off condescending, more an agreement that yes - it is possible.

Maybe the kid is Shepard as a young boy :O no probably not....

Quote Originally Posted by Valdorian View Post
    Maybe the kid is Shepard as a young boy :O no probably not....
    No way - same kid for FemShep :P

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I personally think that's reading way too far into it. For one, the theory that it has to do with people he's lost doesn't really hold water in my eyes, as Shepard has barely lost anyone in some playthroughs. Jenkins, Kaiden/Ashley, and Pressly are the only really notable ones.
    I'm no expert in the field of killing thousands of people of different races, but if I went through something like Shepard has, even with barely loosing any comrades, I think a part of me would still die. A large part tbh. Doesn't help that both my Shepard's backgrounds points to surviving massacres.

And then we have loosing the ship you're commanding, and all those faceless people serving aboard the Normandy. Having the council fighting you in disbelief every step of the way would also be a strain. Death and destruction everywhere you go, shooting at anything that has a gun aimed at you (which at times seems like half the universe). And everywhere you go, people you need something from always needs you do do something for them first. Strain strain strain. I don't think the loosing teammates is the only thing that has affected his/her mind.

I don't know what to think about the boy. But I also reacted that no one payed any attention to him when he got aboard on that ship. I also found it completely surreal (to the point it was screaming UNFINISHED GAME HELLO!!!) that he had no supervision (also mentioned in a thread on the Bioware forums). When I read about the mind being offset theory, I was hopeful. I find the concept intriguing, since if properly done it can leave a powerful impression with the game, one that will longer on for years. Hoping that Bioware are the storywriters they've proven to be, it's an acceptable theory. Or the game simply isn't finished, or the entire story of the boy not fully told. Either way, I have faith.

It's just that this seemingly unholy partnership with EA has made me a tad nervous. I've no idea which of them actually runs the show.

Deleted
    Or maybe Shepard just fancies young boys, we'll see.

P.S The demo felt more like a expansion to ME2, not a new game.

does anyone know if steam is going to have ME 1 and 2 on sale anytime soon?

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume the DLCs of ME2 are required to follow the story? Because there seems to be a huge jump in the story between ME2 and ME3 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    I assume the DLCs of ME2 are required to follow the story? Because there seems to be a huge jump in the story between ME2 and ME3 for me.
    A lot happens between the two games, read.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Storyline_II

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Storyline_III

Read the DLC parts of storyline 2, and read all of storyline 3, and you'll be up to speed.

there is 1 DLC that is right before the invasion it sends you to a space station close to a Mass Effect relay, your job is to destroy the relay before the reapers arrive giving the alliance more time to prepare for the imminent invasion (which ofc they ignore) the DLC name is Arrival, highly recommended that you download it if you want the whole story

Deleted
    Iv been playing through the demo for my YouTube channel. If ya want some more info on the game or haven't had the chance to pay the demo yet. Here's my take on it. It has some pretty awesome graphics, Combat and unique game play. I could definitely see myself picking this up! Enjoy the videos, Part 3 will be Live on my channel soon.
    -Nara

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantom06 View Post
    Iv been playing through the demo for my YouTube channel. If ya want some more info on the game or haven't had the chance to pay the demo yet. Here's my take on it. It has some pretty awesome graphics, Combat and unique game play. I could definitely see myself picking this up! Enjoy the videos, Part 3 will be Live on my channel soon.
    -Nara
    SNIP
    Your video's are very choppy, and please stop making those daft noises, you sound like you are having a fit.

Help Me I can't find the PC Collectors edition (for the uk) anywhere!

Got some contacts who work for EA Guildford just seeing if they can get me one but do any of you know where else might sell it?

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!

15+ Year Old Account
    EDIT: Damn, got beat
    Extended CGI trailer 3 minuteish. Epic!

Deleted
    I just wet myself with glee over that new trailer!

Does anyone get random crashes in the multiplayer mode?

Many times it happens to me at the end, just before I am awarded the XPs / Credits....

Also people need to stop dying to the turrets, it's so hard to resurrect people when there is a turret right in front of their body.
    Last edited by Purlina; 2012-02-21 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post

Many times it happens to me at the end, just before I am awarded the XPs / Credits....

Also people need to stop dying to the turrets, it's so hard to resurrect people when there is a turret right in front of their body.
    Turrets are fucking lame. The AI is actually kinda smart about placement and the turrets hurt. Their also smart and you can't run circles around them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post

I've crashed twice but always in the beginning, usually before the map loads. Oh, and those Turrets... You actually have to go out of your way to get downed by them and for some reason people do just that.