Deleted
    Way to consolise! (which is ridiculous, ME1 was originally a 360 exclusive)
    ME3 config files on the left, ME1 on the right.

Haha, nice line in the ME1 config: FOVAngle=90.000000

Hitler isn't to happy about the Mass Effect Ending - (SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS IN THE VIDEO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qYm738hq1o

But seriously I LOVED the game ... The gameplay felt; Smooth, Polished, Refined, and well, PERFECT ... Weapons had some customization whilst not being completely over complicated .. Abilities went off Without a Hitch (For me Anyway) ... The Melee Changes were FANTASTIC, Playing a Vanguard was Incredible.

Story was AAAAAAAAAMAZING ... I expected things to get Heated ... But WOW ... So much happened that I never expected .. I cried SO many times, thank god i'm a nerd or else I would be ashamed of myself over how much I cried. There was many Happy Tears there as well! I laughed heaps ... I clapped ... I felt angry and certain things .... Never in my life has a Game caused me to become to emotionally invested ... Hell there's only 1 movie (Trilogy) I've ever watched that I've had similar emotions for and that was Lord of the Rings.

But the Ending .. It was just so bad it's not easy to forget that kind of bullshit ... I can still respect Mass Effect 3 as being one Hell of a Fucking Brilliant game .. I would give it 10/10 in a Heartbeat if it wasn't for how it ended .... But yea .. Here's hoping to some DLC*That can fix the ending and give us something different other then Dead Shep, Dead Shep, Relays Gone, Everyone stuck in the Sol System ect... Was just so Frustrating to see it end so stupidly

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    When I say the ME universe, I really mean that and the characters in it as well because that is included in lore. Nobody really knows what happens with any of them once they finish ME3. A lot of people assume they die once getting stranded on the planet. Others assume they might find a way off. Not to mention the gap between, or why people magically teleport onto the normandy.

Some random grandpa telling the story just makes it worse and even more vague. Shepard could be some myth people talk about after civilization collapses if it collapses. A true, genuine epilogue would have been better much better than grandpa. Could have been done with a paragraph of text instead of a snow covered, space scene. Once again, you walk away knowing less about the outcome than you do before you bought it.

Willing to bet anything that they made the end they way the did so that it would be insanely easy for them to market other material, products, or dlc's that either give you the epilogue or have bonus material to find out the epilogue.
    To the Normandy thing: I believe they get back on the Normandy when Hammer "fails" to get to the beam to the Citadel. You hear Coats in the background yelling for everyone to pull back. That's why they are on the Normandy when they crash land. That's just my guess though.

10+ Year Old Account
    installling...origin is a big pile of poop...

1. insert disk
    2. run autorun
    3. click install button
    4. login to origin
    5. cannot connect to origin
    6. reset password
    7. enter new password
    8. cannot connect to origin
    9. wait 10min
    10. login to origin
    11.enter product key
    12. re-enter product key with - between each section and in caps
    13. you can now start downloading mass effect 3 appears
    14. click mass effect 3
    15. starts downloading with no alternative available
    16. presses cancel
    17. close origin
    18. open origin
    19. get same download option
    20. restart computer
    21. login to origin
    22. select install path option appears
    23. selects install path
    24. doesn't update amount of space available in new location
    25. accept agreement
    26. start install
    27. wait
    28. unable to complete installation message
    29. restart origin
    30. restart installation
    31. wait
    32. currently on this step -.-'
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2012-03-09 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    When I say the ME universe, I really mean that and the characters in it as well because that is included in lore. Nobody really knows what happens with any of them once they finish ME3. A lot of people assume they die once getting stranded on the planet. Others assume they might find a way off. Not to mention the gap between, or why people magically teleport onto the normandy.

Some random grandpa telling the story just makes it worse and even more vague. Shepard could be some myth people talk about after civilization collapses if it collapses. A true, genuine epilogue would have been better much better than grandpa. Could have been done with a paragraph of text instead of a snow covered, space scene. Once again, you walk away knowing less about the outcome than you do before you bought it.

Willing to bet anything that they made the end they way the did so that it would be insanely easy for them to market other material, products, or dlc's that either give you the epilogue or have bonus material to find out the epilogue.
    I'm guessing they don't get off the planet since the planet they get stranded on is the same planet grandpa and grandson is on after the credits

well, unless the planet isn't deserted and it allready have humans on it then I guess they could have gotten off it.
    Last edited by jonte912; 2012-03-09 at 05:28 PM.

Deleted
    Things I dislike:

- no film grain
    - cutscenes every 5 minutes
    - combat not as good as ME2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlisa View Post
    Plot Holes Ahoy!

Also didn't the Catalyst mention anyone like Shepard who had Synthesis based mechanics in them would die as well? How come "this" is the only ending in which Shepard "survives"?
    This is the one that really confused me. Though..
    I had 5000 resources and chose the right option and everything and it still looked like my femshep died. The thing explodes on her, then the citadel exploded. So, I'm not really sure how she survives after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    installling...origin is a big pile of poop...

1. insert disk
    2. run autorun
    3. click install button
    4. login to origin
    5. cannot connect to origin
    6. reset password
    7. enter new password
    8. cannot connect to origin
    9. wait 10min
    10. login to origin
    11.enter product key
    12. re-enter product key with - between each section and in caps
    13. you can now start downloading mass effect 3 appears
    14. click mass effect 3
    15. starts downloading with no alternative available
    16. presses cancel
    17. close origin
    18. open origin
    19. get same download option
    20. restart computer
    21. login to origin
    22. select install path option appears
    23. selects install path
    24. doesn't update amount of space available in new location
    25. accept agreement
    26. start install
    27. wait
    28. unable to complete installation message
    29. restart origin
    30. restart installation
    31. wait
    32. currently on this step -.-'
    Didn't have any of these problems whatsoever. Didn't have Origin open - put disc in, autorun started and it then opened Origin. Asked for key (input as written, since it didn't have seperate boxes nor did it auto-insert dashes, so correctly figured I'd have to enter them). Installer started copying files, asked for second disc, and was then complete.

Only issue? I couldn't select an option to install to a seperate path due to downloading Kingdoms of Amalur demo at the same time (since I saw it on the included flyer, I started the download when Origin opened).
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Deleted
    Just finished the game and goddamn i'll be pissing rainbows for a week after that spectacle.
    Gotta say oneshotting cerberus soldiers with the m99 saber was pretty damn cool, all that force combined with a 12 round magazine and a decent rate of fire.
    The ending was sad not bad and all the dead throughout the whole game just added to the experience and even though it would've been cool to be superman and save everyone even shepard has his limits.
    also fucking stubborn quarians refusing to seize fire on the geth and getting themselves wiped out which caused tali, my romance option to kill herself aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Two Sheds View Post

also fucking stubborn quarians refusing to seize fire on the geth and getting themselves wiped out which caused tali, my romance option to kill herself aswell
    You probably know this already but in case you don't if you do things differently you can change that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    You probably know this already but in case you don't if you do things differently you can change that.
    yeah just picked the lesser of the 2 evils

Quote Originally Posted by Two Sheds View Post
    yeah just picked the lesser of the 2 evils
    You can actually get the two to work together.

Act 3 gave my boner a boner.

Ending was a little bit of a let down, but still interesting enough.

time for play through #2...Insanity Vanguard! Who's with me?!

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisa View Post
    Also didn't the Catalyst mention anyone like Shepard who had Synthesis based mechanics in them would die as well? How come "this" is the only ending in which Shepard "survives"?
    Actually, the result of this is foreshadowed during an earlier conversation with EDI. EDI is making some comments about a discussion regarding sentients who have had part or all of their minds replaced by synthetic components. Shepard asks is that applies to him/her because of what Cerberus did. EDI says "That would be telling... that's a joke. You're still human."
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    You can actually get the two to work together.
    oh what have i done

Just finished (without full galactic readiness %) but all missions completed. The journey was way better than the end. I fought so hard through 3 games to secure the lives of squad mates for what reason again?

I enjoyed the philosophical ending but it leaves much to be desired and negates even working as hard as I did on squad lives.

I am seeing a lot of conflicting story lines from my ME2 game and also so far the character interaction with your squad mates is less interactive in ME3. The stories dont line up and when you meet characters again that are not part of your main squad ( like your relationships with tali or how you acted with miranda ) are nonexistent. When I finish ME3 I am going to go back and finish my latest ME2 playthrough and double check myself but im severely disappointed in how your "friends" act when you meet up with them again. Ashleys conversations are as interactive as that of Kasumi's in ME2... no interaction whatsoever. Maybe I did something wrong and will pass final judgement on it my second time through. Also udina wasn't suppose to be councilor in my games and it offered no explination as to why he was in charge and not anderson. My playthrough shep says " I got you this position " and im sitting here thinking oh hell no I didn't
    ALSO- I played all the DLC of ME2 and so far Ive met up with the Geth that had Sheps N7 armor piece and that doctor archer or w/e it just makes me mad that my story the way I played it and its like all these people I encountered Got the red beam from will smith and tommy lee jones ( MIB...lol)
    Last edited by tru; 2012-03-09 at 10:17 PM. Reason: rant
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    I am seeing a lot of conflicting story lines from my ME2 game and also so far the character interaction with your squad mates is less interactive in ME3. The stories dont line up and when you meet characters again that are not part of your main squad ( like your relationships with tali or how you acted with miranda ) are nonexistent. When I finish ME3 I am going to go back and finish my latest ME2 playthrough and double check myself but im severely disappointed in how your "friends" act when you meet up with them again. Ashleys conversations are as interactive as that of Kasumi's in ME2... no interaction whatsoever. Maybe I did something wrong and will pass final judgement on it my second time through. Also udina wasn't suppose to be councilor in my games and it offered no explination as to why he was in charge and not anderson. My playthrough shep says " I got you this position " and im sitting here thinking oh hell no I didn't
    ALSO- I played all the DLC of ME2 and so far Ive met up with the Geth that had Sheps N7 armor piece and that doctor archer or w/e it just makes me mad that my story the way I played it and its like all these people I encountered Got the red beam from will smith and tommy lee jones ( MIB...lol)
    I haven't noticed any mistakes like that, but I am agitated at how they decided to streamline renegade and paragon together to save time. I realize the series is in a different context because people are dieing all around you, but having renegade shep act out of character wasn't my cup of tea. It was awkward. They reduced the total amount of dialogue options and when you do that we inadvertently merge them together. A part of me wants to just be happy that I have ME3, another part of me wants to say wtf Bioware? Do you even care?

I own and played many hours and characters on ME1 and ME2. Naturally i was very positive and eager to play ME3, but i needed a hint on what i will be expecting.
    So, I went on Youtube and saw many vids about gameplay and story progression from the start. The Earth and Mars game play and the Turian world game play and story were awesome. I saw few glimpses of the Geth and Quarrian story, enough to satisfy me. I also saw some parts of the announced DLC, very promising.
    I was very excited and hyped for the game, and i said to myself to go to the nearest shop to buy it. But before this i was intrigued by a vid that showed the "bad" ending, and i saw it. After that i saw another "not so bad" ending.
    Meh, my hype was over and my excitement was gone. I went to the official Bioware forums where the large majority of posters flame Bioware for delivering a crappy ending and asking for more ending options in the form of a DLC (a free one they ask).
    Allthough i havent played the game myself, after all those i have seen (and some i have read) i have absolutely (Bioware phrase lol) no intent to buy ME3 at its current ending state. I agree that the story up to the finale and the game play may be worth the purchase but the endings are spoiling the 3 games fun for me.
    I hope that they ll be awake in Edmonton.

Deleted
    anyone care to explain the synthesis ending? what do they mean by co-existence? reaper style half human half twat or just living happily ever after with each other?

ot:
    game was awesome except for endings. terrible way to end the best scifi game story of all time
    Last edited by mmoc838a093d38; 2012-03-09 at 10:53 PM.