The best Bromance of all time:

SPOILERS in the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YatcGMYg5Eg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    The game can take up to around 30 hours to complete.
    I'm fine with 30 hours. Especially with this Multi-player to keep me in after beating it

I've never invested more emotion into anything before. I was attached to my characters. I teared up several times throughout the game, and to see the ending just live up to nothing I'd experienced previously makes me feel very cheated.

Though all in all, it was a great experience. One that not many games, if any, can say they lived up to. I hope companies other than Bioware can learn from the cinematic quality and bring it their games.

W T F .

After a 40h~ complete playthrough in Insanity, i feel cheated by the ending. The flashbacks of 3 chars (the ones they knew for a fact would be alive at the end of the game from our choices?) and the complete piss over all the other chars, even the ones you 'decided' to have a bigger connection with, and then, 3 exactly the same endings (well, joker hugs edi on the 'green' one and the color changes), i feel robbed after so much emotional investment on the characters\game. The Miranda arc is pathetic (she was my romance choice) and the complete lack of detail of everyone on earth final battle, didnt see the guys i recruited in the fight... the krogan, the turian, the rachni!!1 all the other chars just vanished... W T F

Im pissed off. Game is amazing, they fucked the ending... did time run short for a decent ending? the rest of the game is unbelievably good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm perfectly fine with the endings in regards to shepard's fate. What I would have liked to see is representation of all the people i recruited to fight the reapers. I was a little pissed that Shepard didnt deliver some epic speech to everyone and instead Hackett did. I was just thinking that every alien would be looking at him and going "Who the fuck is this guy? Where's shepard?" I would have liked to see at the end shepards name enscribed with all the other dead crewmates and every other surviving crewmate (from me1,2,3) standing around it paying tribute to the person who saved the entire galaxy.
    This Pear.......So Delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Grrwaherr View Post
    I'm fine with 30 hours. Especially with this Multi-player to keep me in after beating it
    It took me almost 40 hours on insanity doing every sidequest, talking to people on the ship after every mission, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interestingly enough in the "best" ending, supposedly Shepard doesn't die. I'm skeptical given the facts but if you look at the video clip, it could very well be a living person.

I do not like any of the options presented at the end of the game. Really there needed to be an option of "destroy the reapers" where the relays were not destroyed, Shepard doesn't die, and the synthetics are not destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by razisgosu View Post
    -snip-.
    you might want to use spoiler tags

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't know if i should get the game I loved the first one and REALLY loved the second one. But i found out what the ending was and it really killed it for me. It seemed this game was rushed out i really wish they would have gave it a couple of more months or maybe a year to really add more too it and the story. The choices you get in the end make at the end don't even stretch back to the second or even first game. MFW I was so mad but not surprised ever since dragon age 2 i have been very disappointing with Bioware I just really hope they make a good dragon age 3 I loved the first one but it just makes me sad about what the ending was for this game.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I finished the game and am a bit confused, Everything was awesome for me until the moments after I make the big choice, everything to do with the normandy after the crucible business has me so baffled. Why did the normandy just leave Sol for no apparent reason without a word to shepard, they dont see the crucible in action they just piss off to who knows where, I assumed it was an odd result of what I had chosen so I did it again with the other choice, nup exactly the same confusing rubbish.
    I am more than a little annoyed, I know I probably shouldnt be but its so absurd, how could they have not seen that massive hole? I am just going to pretend for my own sanity that the normandy crew were heroically fighting the reapers till the last moment and were saddened but honoured by Shepard and Andersons grand sacrifice. Each race starts to rebuild their worlds never forgetting how close they came to destruction, so on and so forth.

99% of the game was amazing, really loved it. Last 30 seconds of it was a very bad choice of ending for the normandy

Edit: oops spoiler tags
    Last edited by rol3x; 2012-03-10 at 08:37 AM.

The game for me was a 9.0 right until I hit the ending(s). I was really annoyed, mad and even sad that they let the epic saga end in such a shameful way. Presumably people at the Bioware office must have seen the endings and thought to themselves: "Yes, these are great!" which is something I don't get. At all.
    As a big fan of the series I just can't comprehend how people can be satisfied with those endings. For me, it ruined the entire series. I can't see myself playing Mass Effect 3 again or even 1 and 2 for that matter.
    Each Mass Effect game was great - for me. I liked all three. Gosh, I'm mad. I feel cheated.

Having that said, I prefer this edited version of the ending much more than the original that we get. I could actually live with this as an ending for the series.
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PZDDC7vhdug[/url]
    Last edited by Snuzzfizzle; 2012-03-10 at 09:14 AM.

great game. ending. Is a bit Deus Ex, but I guess it's ok, since the ones controlling the rapers, are not some superior race. And for all the bad shit I did, I guess I deserved to die anyway.
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, the end was fucking awful. I never expected the ending to be so separate from your choices.

Fucking hell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by davidchiou View Post
    Anyone know if it's possible to subscribe only to the multiplayer game? But not buy the main game? I liked the demo while it ended. Doesn't seem possible so far but just checking..
    I saw the Multiplayer version of the game on PlayStation Store for 9,95€. Might wanna check out if there's a seperate client for whatever you're playing.

Well I started my playthrough yesterday and so far I'm enjoying it. I'm not enjoying the new exploration system though, but that's minor. All the things happening so far have been really emotional to me and my feelings have gone from one end to another. As an example... Kay, so I'm a bit of a Kaidan fangirl and seeing him beat up close to death within an hour of starting was kind of a shock to me. I was shouting at my TV when that b*tch just whacked the crap out of him. And then seeing him in the hospital all bruised up. Meanies. I also love Eve, the female krogan. She's absolutely kickass! And EDI's accustoming to the new body and human affection have been damn hilarious as well. "There are a lot of medicines I could inject in him to get the desired effect". Oh EDI. :3 But let's see what my feelings are after finishing the game. So far the ending seems to be the biggest downer people have experienced with the game. Now I don't want to end it!

Looks like people discussing the ending here without spoiler tags. Damn gald my reaction time to shut my eyes is so damn good. Propably should have guessed it, but eh. It'd propably be best to add a spoiler warning to the topic title. There always will be someone...

I was going to see if there was discussion going on about the import issue and peoples thoughts on that, but it's too dangerous to browse the topic it seems. Good luck, and I'm off.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    The game for me was a 9.0 right until I hit the ending(s). I was really annoyed, mad and even sad that they let the epic saga end in such a shameful way. Presumably people at the Bioware office must have seen the endings and thought to themselves: "Yes, these are great!" which is something I don't get. At all.
    As a big fan of the series I just can't comprehend how people can be satisfied with those endings. For me, it ruined the entire series. I can't see myself playing Mass Effect 3 again or even 1 and 2 for that matter.
    Each Mass Effect game was great - for me. I liked all three. Gosh, I'm mad. I feel cheated.

Having that said, I prefer this edited version of the ending much more than the original that we get. I could actually live with this as an ending for the series.
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PZDDC7vhdug[/url]
    Seriously. Out of 16 fucking endings, they all end RELATIVELY the same way. It doesn't make any goddamn sense at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post

SPOILERS in the video

This quite frankly is the crowning moment of awesomeness in this game.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

SPOILER, do not watch if you have not finished the game yet.

GUYS!!!
    You are not satisfied with the ending? Then..

Watch this!! (IMPORTANT: You have to turn annotations on in you tube to read the text what they are saying)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAmVVAjZZeM

FUNNY thing is...
    this is kinda the same ending but it is staged and presented in a totally different fashion. You won't like it if you hate anime, BUT I for myself have to say, this ending satisfies me more then the standart ending, even though they are theoretically the same.

The ending(s) explained:

The Catalyst is God, but not in the Abrahamic sense. The Catalyst brings order to chaos and the Reapers are his tools for achieving this. The Catalyst creates and destroys advanced civilizations. Whenever civilizations become too advanced and start to create true synthetic life, the harvest begins. The harvest is done because the Catalyst believes that synthetic life would inevitably overrun and destroy all organic life. Reapers are created from the harvested advanced species. They're organic-synthetic hybrids. Each Reaper is unique and represents a harvested species. They look similar on the exterior, but this is for tactical purposes. Their interior resembles the harvested species. Reapers are the ascended form of advanced species. When the harvest is complete, a new cycle starts allowing other species to develop.

The plan to bring order to chaos involves the mass relays and the citadel. The mass relays create a predictable technological path for advanced civilizations based on mass effect technology. It deters civilizations from going down alternative technological paths to ensure order and the continued success of the cycles. The Citadel was created to become the intergalactic financial and political hub. The Citadel was also a mass relay (which the Protheans managed to disable prior to their cycle ending) which allowed the Reapers to destroy the leadership in one fell swoop. The Reapers then used the Citadel to turn off all the other mass relays in the galaxy to prevent organized resistance.

Because the cycle was finally broken, the Catalyst realizes there is no indefinite solution to chaos. Shepard is then given the choice to create their own destiny (depending on Shepards actions and the military strength).

The first choice is the destruction of all synthetic life (including the Reapers, the Geth, EDI and Shepard (as he's part synthetic)). Chaos will continue.
    The second choice is to control the Reapers and spare synthetic life. Chaos will continue.
    The third choice is synthesis. Organics and synthetics become one in the same and chaos ends.

With the mass relays destroyed and an end to the cycle, civilizations take a new course and are permitted to obtain alternative technologies and may once again reach the stars.

Or in short:
    The Reapers are the Agents.
    The Catalyst is the Architect.
    Shepard is Neo.

However, this doesn't fix the shitty cut-scenes and the fact that whatever you do doesn't matter. For a game that so heavily relied on choices giving you three almost identical endings (apart from minor things and different colored beams) is just terrible. Also, leaving so many questions unanswered and giving the player no real closure is even worse..

Just thought someone might need an explanation. At least the ending(s) don't sound so horrible this way.
    Last edited by Snuzzfizzle; 2012-03-10 at 12:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post

SPOILERS in the video

That made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. That was AWESOME!