Quote Originally Posted by raddry View Post
    About the endings, now I haven't played the game and the info I got by naively clicking on the black lines. But I don't see how bad can it get? Is it that bad to make such a outrage?! Any sacrifice can't be that bad right? I really don't how what's THAT bad about it but think about it.

A generic good ending, lets not forget that we are fighting Reapers. For millions of years they were unbeaten. But we did it! ( I think we did, again, didn't play yet) So obviously sacrifices were made right? What is it then, choices not making difference? But why would your choices be always leading to a good thing in real life? It isn't like that. Imagine it was real life, why would everything be all good etc. you can't have control about everything can you? I don't think so. I don't get it why would you always want to get the perfect thing? What's the point of having a game like this? Play Call of Duty the ending is always the best ( it's the only one afterall ).

Edit: Well, maybe in a few weeks when I get and beat the game, I'll come back raging, hehe. But I think that the worse I can get is a big WTG? moment I guess.
    Basically, without spoilers, this is the ending. All logic and previously established in universe rules are thrown out in the last 5 minutes and a random plot device is thrown in at the last minute to try and make some sense of everything with very circular logic. Then, after a very brief explanation the player is told to choose between blue, green, and red. That's the end, there's no epilogue.

There is a very solid theory going around BSN that says the entire thing isn't real, and the final battle hasn't happened yet. Either way, people are pissed because the ending is either incomplete or it makes no sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Basically, without spoilers, this is the ending. All logic and previously established in universe rules are thrown out in the last 5 minutes and a random plot device is thrown in at the last minute to try and make some sense of everything with very circular logic. Then, after a very brief explanation the player is told to choose between blue, green, and red. That's the end, there's no epilogue.

There is a very solid theory going around BSN that says the entire thing isn't real, and the final battle hasn't happened yet. Either way, people are pissed because the ending is either incomplete or it makes no sense.
    Was there a different choice than what you do to "end the game"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfried View Post
    I read somewhere that theres "another" ending when you complete mass effect 3 for the second time( importing the save from your mass effect 3), any word on this?
    Yup; it's a false rumour. There is a slightly different ending if your EMS is over 4000/5000 (not sure exactly what the threshold is, it apparently changes depending on whether you kept the collector base .. and is impossible to reach without multiplayer) .. That ending shows a figure in N7 armour (presumably Shepard) laying amidst rubble and Reaper sounds, apparently dead .. until we see the chest rise and hear a breath sound. The best current theory is that this occurs directly after Shepard is hit by the Harbinger beam, and that the whole starchild ending sequence is a hallucination.

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    Was there a different choice than what you do to "end the game"?
    I'm not 100% sure what you're asking, but I believe the answer is no. There are 3 choices, red, blue, and green. As long as you have high enough EMS you can pick any of them. It is explained very briefly what each of these options will do, (though you're not allowed to ask questions about them) but these choices are not shown in the game's epilogue, as there really isn't one. You get a final cutscene, which is basically the same no matter what ending you choose. If you have over 4000 (or 5000 depending on a previous conversation) EMS, then the red ending has an extra 5 second scene.

Note, I do not believe red and blue represent renegade and paragon in this case. There are no paragon and renegade choices in the ending, and previous choices don't matter for the most part. The only thing that really matters is EMS.

Quote Originally Posted by raddry View Post
    About the endings, now I haven't played the game and the info I got by naively clicking on the black lines. But I don't see how bad can it get? Is it that bad to make such a outrage?! Any sacrifice can't be that bad right? I really don't how what's THAT bad about it but think about it.

A generic good ending, lets not forget that we are fighting Reapers. For millions of years they were unbeaten. But we did it! ( I think we did, again, didn't play yet) So obviously sacrifices were made right? What is it then, choices not making difference? But why would your choices be always leading to a good thing in real life? It isn't like that. Imagine it was real life, why would everything be all good etc. you can't have control about everything can you? I don't think so. I don't get it why would you always want to get the perfect thing? What's the point of having a game like this? Play Call of Duty the ending is always the best ( it's the only one afterall ).

Edit: Well, maybe in a few weeks when I get and beat the game, I'll come back raging, hehe. But I think that the worse I can get is a big WTG? moment I guess.
    Before i completed the game, i was on different forums, and saw how angry and disappointed people were with the endings, seems like they expected it to be happy endings. I completed it today, and first it felt depressing and empty, but after i thought about it, i kinda liked it. All these Mass Effect games were indeed really good and amusing games, but also dark games, like the last game was really dark imo, and i think the endings suits the game suprisingly fine with the dark choices. Instead of going the mainstream way, they took another way to end this series.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Servion View Post
    Before i completed the game, i was on different forums, and saw how angry and disappointed people were with the endings, seems like they expected it to be happy endings.
    It's not about "we want happy ending". You did reload and try "different" endings, right? Noticed the big changes, completely different movies and epilogue? Oh wait, there's no such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    It's not about "we want happy ending". You did reload and try "different" endings, right? Noticed the big changes, completely different movies and epilogue? Oh wait, there's no such thing.
    But! The explosions! They are different colors!

Deleted
    I think the game should have ended five minutes earlier with the Anderson and Shepard scene, but the ending didn't take away from my enjoyment of the game. Really looking forward to playing it again on Insanity- those battles with Brutes and Banshees attacking at the same time will be epic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    But overall I'm actually pretty pleased with this. I think reading a bit about the endings and the illogical stuff that was in them made the end a bit easier to approach. I don't have huge negative feelings about the ending and overall I really enjoyed the game. I have no issues with replaying this game again.
    My only complaint is that there's no closure, or real "choice" of endings.

Do you know what I wanted?

I wanted an ending where Shepard dies. The Reapers go on unopposed. Kill the crew of the Normandy, finish Earth and just continue with their galactic conquest forever. Not as my "real ending" mind you, but I wanted to at least do that ONCE, like I did in ME2 where EVERYONE died.

But we don't even get that OPTION. That's what hurts - we don't get the OPTIONS. Every ending is virtually the same as the other one.

Also, you know what's really funny? Someone found an old interview of Casey Hudson pretty much flat out lying.

It's not so much that there is a fixed set of alternative endings, but all of your choices really determine how things end up in the universe. So, how you approach the end-game, for every player, you're going to have a different set of results in terms of who is alive and who is dead, and which civilisations survived and which ones were wiped out.There is a huge set of consequences that start stacking up as you approach the end-game. And even in terms of the ending itself, it continues to break down to some very large decisions. So it's not like a classic game ending where everything is linear and you make a choice between a few things - it really does layer in many, many different choices, up to the final moments, where it's going to be different for everyone who plays it.

Yeah, bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    My only complaint is that there's no closure, or real "choice" of endings.

Do you know what I wanted?

I wanted an ending where Shepard dies. The Reapers go on unopposed. Kill the crew of the Normandy, finish Earth and just continue with their galactic conquest forever. Not as my "real ending" mind you, but I wanted to at least do that ONCE, like I did in ME2 where EVERYONE died.

But we don't even get that OPTION. That's what hurts - we don't get the OPTIONS. Every ending is virtually the same as the other one.

Also, you know what's really funny? Someone found an old interview of Casey Hudson pretty much flat out lying.

It's not so much that there is a fixed set of alternative endings, but all of your choices really determine how things end up in the universe. So, how you approach the end-game, for every player, you're going to have a different set of results in terms of who is alive and who is dead, and which civilisations survived and which ones were wiped out.There is a huge set of consequences that start stacking up as you approach the end-game. And even in terms of the ending itself, it continues to break down to some very large decisions. So it's not like a classic game ending where everything is linear and you make a choice between a few things - it really does layer in many, many different choices, up to the final moments, where it's going to be different for everyone who plays it.

Yeah, bullshit.
    Actually, Hudson pretty much nailed it. The consequences didn't affect the actual ending of the game, but they affected the galaxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Question!

I beat the game and was wondering if the "Ashes" DLC is worth it to buy after already beating the game? 10 bucks just for a new squad member and 2-3 more missions right? If that's it, I don't think it's worth 10 bucks.. Any opinions?

Curious, I can't change my class in new game +, does anyone know a way around that? It seems dumb that you can change your face in new game+, and that you can change you face, class, and background from importing ME2, but you can't change your class importing new game+ ...?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    Curious, I can't change my class in new game +, does anyone know a way around that? It seems dumb that you can change your face in new game+, and that you can change you face, class, and background from importing ME2, but you can't change your class importing new game+ ...?
    They've never allowed you to change your class when you start a new game+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I just finished the game

I have to say, really good ending, the choices are really mind blown. Literally took me an hour to figure out what I wanted to do but in the end I chose to destroy the reapers. Humanity just isn't ready for controlling such an advanced race. And I can't destroy all synthetic life, it's just wrong. Not all synthetics are bad. The Mass Relays can be rebuilt, it may take awhile but humanity now knows that there is other life out there and humanity had come along way in terms of technology. I think that if we can build the Crucible, we can rebuild the Mass Relays. The Reapers are now gone for good I hope and the galaxy and its vast worlds can finally live in peace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quirin View Post

I have to say, really good ending, the choices are really mind blown. Literally took me an hour to figure out what I wanted to do but in the end I chose to destroy the reapers. Humanity just isn't ready for controlling such an advanced race. And I can't destroy all synthetic life, it's just wrong. Not all synthetics are bad. The Mass Relays can be rebuilt, it may take awhile but humanity now knows that there is other life out there and humanity had come along way in terms of technology. I think that if we can build the Crucible, we can rebuild the Mass Relays. The Reapers are now gone for good I hope and the galaxy and its vast worlds can finally live in peace.
    #1. Spoiler tags.
    #2. If you chose to destroy the Reapers you did in fact destroy all synthetic life.

Quote Originally Posted by Quirin View Post

I think you misunderstand, when you destroy the reapers, you destroy all synthetic life, including geth and EDI. If you saw a red beam, this is what you did.
    Alternatively, you can choose to SYNTHESIS all life, which means, all humans, turians, asari, all biotic life is turned into a bio-machine hybrid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    #1. Spoiler tags.
    #2. If you chose to destroy the Reapers you did in fact destroy all synthetic life.

Yeah sorry I kind messed my post up lol, that's what I meant xD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Actually, Hudson pretty much nailed it. The consequences didn't affect the actual ending of the game, but they affected the galaxy.
    "Hudson nailed it"

"it really does layer in many, many different choices, up to the final moments, where it's going to be different for everyone who plays it."

"Hudson nailed it"

ok

Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    Congratz, you are one of the 2% who are fine with the endings.
    They don't even make sense... what the hell is the deal with joker anyway? >.<
    I think it would be safer to say you are one of the 2% who isn't fine with the ending.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I didn't get about my choices was the DNA one, could someone explain that to me?