Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bale View Post
    An unbearable amount of plot holes in the ending(s). Anyone who actually likes these ending either has very low standards when it comes to entertainment, or didn't / doesn't invest much in the series.
    I was feeling the same thing as Kebab. Based on the comments I was prepared for a lot worse than I encountered. Basically I had my expectations really, really low when I finally got to the end so I wasn't as overly disappointed as the people who had no idea what they'd experience. I'm not saying they were "OMG SO AWSHUM!", but they could've been worse. And I still want my happy ending with rainbows and unicorns. ):

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bale View Post
    An unbearable amount of plot holes in the ending(s). Anyone who actually likes these ending either has very low standards when it comes to entertainment, or didn't / doesn't invest much in the series.
    More like different standards

I do believe that's bioware's grand scheme. They make us think that's it, that shitty ending is canon and then they suddenly release an expansion/huge dlc that explains everything bit by bit and we go

Could I put my form of an ending worthy of ME saga here? It wouldn't have anything to do with indoctrination or this actual epilogue, although some details might seem similar... So if I could just state my opinion on how ME should have ended by giving you mine, somewhat strange idea, I would be very happy! So?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Porsum View Post
    Could I put my form of an ending worthy of ME saga here? It wouldn't have anything to do with indoctrination or this actual epilogue, although some details might seem similar... So if I could just state my opinion on how ME should have ended by giving you mine, somewhat strange idea, I would be very happy! So?
    yea im pretty sure this is the ''best'' place to do it on this site

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Porsum View Post
    Just remember to spoiler-tag it if it contains any kind of spoilers from ME3.

10+ Year Old Account
    when can we stop the spoiler tags? surely everyone has managed to finish it/ work out the endings by now >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    when can we stop the spoiler tags? surely everyone has managed to finish it/ work out the endings by now >.<
    Considering my "pre-order" came in the mail today, nothing is certain. I'm still playing it safe with the spoiler tags. Better safe than sorry.

EDIT: As the release date for Europe was last friday I think it's still too soon to remove the tags.
    Last edited by mmoc66a46237a3; 2012-03-13 at 10:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's been 5 days now. And playing through the game with all sidequests took me ~40h. So it's a safe bet that most people have not played through the game yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Was release in the UK on the 9th so its still to soon imo.

Now imagine you would've been able to work as a tester for Bioware and they told you to play through the ending and tell them how you felt about it...
    *Emotional spoiler*
    *Emotional spoiler*

The appropriate reaction would most likely have been this:
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

10+ Year Old Account

The Journey is the Point

While I understand people's frustration with the way (in many instances, at least) the effect's of Shepard's past ME1 and ME2 actions seemed to basically be the same/similar regardless of your choices and to some extent the weakness of the ultimate endings, I think it is important to note that in these games, as in life, it is more about the journey than the destination. Did you enjoy your time in the Mass Effect universe? I know I did. In the end I think that is the most important.
    Last edited by shokter; 2012-03-13 at 11:44 PM.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    While I understand people's frustration with the way (in many instances, at least) the effect's of Shepard's past ME1 and ME2 actions seemed to basically be the same/similar regardless of your choices and to some extent the weakness of the ultimate endings I think it is important to note that in these games, as in life, it is more about the journey than the destination. Did you enjoy your time in the Mass Effect universe? I know I did. In the end I think that is the most important.
    This can be said about plenty of stuff. If you enjoy talking to people, sharing your opinion with them 24/7, what does it matter if they listen to you or not? Some people simply don't want to waste their breath if they'll just be ignored (it's NOT a nice feeling when you're talking and people turn their backs completely oblivious of your presence), and focus their time talking to people who actually listen when you talk, and not just waiting for their turn to say something.

The end result does matter to people who value their time investment in something.

Not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet as I am not reading through 82 pages, but the endings in ME3 were the exact same endings conceptually from Deus Ex. Considering my love for the DE series, I was immediately upset by ME3's "choices" since your options are identical in the two games. GJ BioWare. Sell any stock in the company if you have it; Dragon Age 3 is looking really grim all of a sudden.

Quote Originally Posted by uchikon7 View Post
    Not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet as I am not reading through 82 pages, but the endings in ME3 were the exact same endings conceptually from Deus Ex. Considering my love for the DE series, I was immediately upset by ME3's "choices" since your options are identical in the two games. GJ BioWare. Sell any stock in the company if you have it; Dragon Age 3 is looking really grim all of a sudden.
    Deus Ex at least had the reasoning that it's a prequel to make those endings work, since they had to have it make some semblance of sense. In the case of ME3, it just seems like a cheap and poorly thought-out way to end a trilogy. (At least, the Shepard trilogy, since we all know there's going to be more Mass Effect sooner or later).

Also this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qYm738hq1o

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 08:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shalashaska Ocelot View Post
    Deus Ex at least had the reasoning that it's a prequel to make those endings work, since they had to have it make some semblance of sense. In the case of ME3, it just seems like a cheap and poorly thought-out way to end a trilogy. (At least, the Shepard trilogy, since we all know there's going to be more Mass Effect sooner or later).
    More ME sooner or later, eh? God, I could forgive this craptastic ending if so, but I am unfortunately under the impression that this is it for the series =/

Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    Well, it's been 5 days now. And playing through the game with all sidequests took me ~40h. So it's a safe bet that most people have not played through the game yet.
    how in gods name is that possible? i sitting at 27 hours played and i did everything besides get 100% on all planets which i cant do because of the reapers. I am completely lost on what to do to get more playtime

Deleted
    How long did you guys have in one playthrough? I was at 28 hours. Also were you guys able to let The Illusive Man commit suicide at the end? I couldn't use paragon/renegade conversation option even though my paragon was by far maxed (like halfway into the game already).

I enjoyed this game a lot, even though the length of the game could be a bit longer for a mass effect game. I did like the ending, though my first thought was 'what about Garrus, Wreavz, the Asari, the Quarians (hey, they did want to settle on their homeplanet, but in either ending all mass relays are destroyed. Will the leftover qurians stay on earth? :P) Stuff like that! I didn't go that far into mass effect lore... so not sure about what happened in the past etc., just hope they'd release any good dlc additions.. Can't get enough of killing almost everything in one shot with my Black Widow. <3

9/10 for this game if compared to the other two mass effect games. 9.5/10 compared to other more or less related games!

Mine was about 29 hours as well. I did 100% scan on every system and tried to do all the sidequests.
    I also was not able to make him do any paragon/renegade action (afaik it takes specific dialogue options before the last talk to have the option.)
    I enjoyed the game very much. The mordin/thane storyline was very well done and it was fun to play (minus the tedious scanning)
    The ending is 'non-masseffect like' if that makes anysense...so that was a a bit disappointing. But most of the rest of the game was very enjoyable.

10+ Year Old Account
    The more I think about the ending, and the similarity to DX:HR's, I'm almost thinking it's a bitter parody aimed at Eidos (hell aren't both game design teams in Montreal?) until they release the real ending.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.