Yeah the little movie after the credits really ruined everything for me, too. Buzz Aldrin or not.

Anyway, why I'm here is not this but Joker's luck. Getting the "girl" with the best looking ass in the galaxy. OMG how cool is that lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also I've just remembered something.

Remember how in Mass Effect 2 we got the Cerberus Network, Zaeed etc if you used the one account only registration code to put people off buying pre-owned copies?

What if the actual ending is going to be released as free DLC and require said registration code, just to put people off buying pre-owned copies. Let's face it, who wants to buy a game with no ending?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    I swear, Mass Effect 3 is this generation's New Coke.... a complete bait and switch.

1) Release something, and the entire fanbase hates it
    2) Take it back, and release something in line with your old product line
    3) Rake in the money and beat Pepsi (I guess Acticision in this case) in Market Share

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post
    Yeah the little movie after the credits really ruined everything for me, too. Buzz Aldrin or not.

Anyway, why I'm here is not this but Joker's luck. Getting the "girl" with the best looking ass in the galaxy. OMG how cool is that lol.
    See, in my playthrough that "girl" was with me on Earth during the final assault. You know, the one with no survivors. EDI would have been completely melted/destroyed/killed blah blah....Yet she still stepped out next to Joker at the end. How does that make sense?
    Last edited by pickley; 2012-03-14 at 02:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a passable game. Beat it in 24 hrs 58 minutes (Did everything imaginable in both ME and ME2 and carried over that save to ME3).

For me ME2, while did next to zero to expand the story, was the most engaging game of the series, and while ME3 is quite a different game I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's a fair successor. Yeah ending made no sense and all the build up and emphasis on choice was thrown out the window but everything up to that was pretty darn good. Not a fail game. I wonder if they will continue with ME universe w/o Shepard next, there would certainly be demand and interest although the ending in ME3 eliminated that possibility. I fully expect them to release a major DLC later to add another ending where you keep playing (like Fallout 3).
    Last edited by Linaver; 2012-03-14 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kramjam View Post
    how in gods name is that possible? i sitting at 27 hours played and i did everything besides get 100% on all planets which i cant do because of the reapers. I am completely lost on what to do to get more playtime
    I could have finished the game in under 30 hours too if I were playing on cinematic difficulty with a walkthrough.

I choose to play it on insanity without a guide because I'm a man and I don't keep my balls in my purse.

With that said, I very much enjoyed the game and I am working on a second playthrough, funny story, I put the difficulty to cinematic and after playing it once on insanity cinematic is too easy and cheesy.

**VAGUE SPOILERS**

Things I liked about the game.....
    1-The epic feel to the game, seeing Reapers harvesting in the distance on damn near every map was pretty cool and some of them get pretty close. Gives the game a, "Shit I better run" feel.
    2-Continuation of romance storylines, this gets interesting if you switch who you romanced from game to game since everyone is back in some way shape or form.
    3-The writers did a great job with adding emotion into the game and I really felt for the struggles/pains of a lot of the characters in the game. Those of us to whom mass effect isn't some new fad and who have been playing these games on and off since 2007 will understand this. Those of you who are saying the game sucks blah blah probably only heard about the game since sometime after Mass Effect 2 came out and you are just busy trying to fit in with ur nerd friends.
    4-The game does have an optimal ending, which I did mostly achieve.
    5-The game doesn't have a perfect ending. While perfect ending is great for movies, I don't expect everything to have a perfect ending especially when it involves war on a galactic scale.
    6-Being "renegade" doesn't seem as much as like being a total jackass. I didn't like playing a renegade in ME1 and ME2 because I just felt too evil.
    7-The humor in this game was great as it was with the other games.

Things I didn't like about the game...
    1-A certain portion regarding the Normandy at the end that I saw a few people mentioning, mainly, why the hell did it leave earth and go do a jump at the end? Why wasn't it participating in battle? It felt as though the game was missing a cinematic or something.
    2-Only one "hub" - Other games had multiple "Hubs" with supplies and quests etc, this game only had the Citadel.
    3-The game still has no type of save game editor. They need to make it so if you beat the game on say Insanity and unlock the achievement they will give you a chance to make a NG+ save and choose all your own options that can effect a playthrough. I don't want to resort to 3rd party programs and other people's save game files in order to make a few changes to see how the story plays out such as stuff with romances etc.

Overall, I don't think this series is over by a long shot, I think we will see many more games in this series and I look forward to enjoying them also.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I posted this in the /vg/ thread and got some nice speculation, I'll post it here too.

I chose destroy ending (Shep lived), and 3 days later, I just got this text on the iOS app. [url]http://i.imgur.com/D6wri.png[/url]

Odds are, though, it's bugged and I was supposed to receive that text at the very start, where Shep is still in confinement. Still, I'm hopeful.
    Last edited by Kaneiac; 2012-03-14 at 03:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    So, I posted this in the /vg/ thread and got some nice speculation, I'll post it here too.

I chose destroy ending (Shep lived), and 3 days later, I just got this text on the iOS app. [url]http://i.imgur.com/D6wri.png[/url]

Odds are, though, it's bugged and I was supposed to receive that text at the very start, where Shep is still in confinement. Still, I'm hopeful.
    Not so sure. Its from Ash, Ash didnt really want anything to do with Shepard at the start correct? She still wasnt sure if she could trust him/her after the whole Cerberus thing

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Not so sure. Its from Ash, Ash didnt really want anything to do with Shepard at the start correct? She still wasnt sure if she could trust him/her after the whole Cerberus thing
    She also was afraid to see him.

the ships can fly from one star system to the next it just takes more time the mass relays make in near instant but with out the repears do it in 30 day and it states that is 1/2 the time of normal ships so every one is haply at there home planets in 60 days.

Just beat the game a few hours ago. Very very epic game until the last 10-15 minutes. What an awful ending to an amazing trilogy. Not going to bother playing my other Shepards until they fix the ending.

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    Just beat the game a few hours ago. Very very epic game until the last 10-15 minutes. What an awful ending to an amazing trilogy. Not going to bother playing my other Shepards until they fix the ending.
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSnituXXEGA[/url]

:/ Video is major spoilers. Dont click if you dont want anything spoiled. Tags dont seem to work for links D:

He honestly makes some really good points.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSnituXXEGA[/url]

:/ Video is major spoilers. Dont click if you dont want anything spoiled. Tags dont seem to work for links D:

He honestly makes some really good points.
    Its still just wishful thinking. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Bioware _does_ do something similar to that, but it's not because they had planned it all along, it's because Bioware is realizing people fucking hated the ending. They wouldn't have put polls up on the website asking people their opinions on the ending if they hadn't intended it to be the final, canon ending from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenti View Post
    Its still just wishful thinking. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Bioware _does_ do something similar to that, but it's not because they had planned it all along, it's because Bioware is realizing people fucking hated the ending. They wouldn't have put polls up on the website asking people their opinions on the ending if they hadn't intended it to be the final, canon ending from the beginning.
    The collectors edition came with a box that had http://i44.tinypic.com/14brmnr.jpg on the back.

Could be related to the "good" end

Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    Well, it's been 5 days now. And playing through the game with all sidequests took me ~40h. So it's a safe bet that most people have not played through the game yet.
    The hell? I did every single quest in the game (including some that I'm p. sure require importing a ME1/2 save) and my played time according to the end save game is 18~h.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynYgr...eature=related this guy also makes some good points on the endings

Quote Originally Posted by Selenti View Post
    The hell? I did every single quest in the game (including some that I'm p. sure require importing a ME1/2 save) and my played time according to the end save game is 18~h.
    What difficulty did you play it on? Having it on a harder difficulty will add quite a few hours to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    What difficulty did you play it on? Having it on a harder difficulty will add quite a few hours to the game.
    Importing a character could save you a few hours aswell, you get an extra 20-30 levels off the bat IIRC.

I tried to start a thread about the outcomes of the decisions in over the series.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...iler-thread%29

If you have the answer to any of those questions I'd really appreciate a PM or a post. I tried to PM edgecrusher to see if he would be willing to unlock the thread, but he has yet to respond.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I played my first playthrough on normal and I spent a bit over 30 hours playing it. About 20-30 hours seems to be the most common finishing time. I scanned all the planets and did all the quests I could. I think I only had about 5ish quests unfinished when I started the final part of the game.