Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    At the moment im mostly worried about the bug alot of people are experiencing with multiplayer (on PC not sure about other platforms), all item and race unlocks are being wiped for some people myself included. This to me is more annoying than bad endings I can pretend dont exist :P

Ending stuff:

I can't understand why, if you choose the 'control' ending, you couldn't just use your new Reaper minions to rebuild the Mass Relays?

Additionally, all the greatest scientific minds in the galaxy are in one place (wherever the Crucible was made) with all the resources that would have been pooled to build it, having studied the most advanced technology the galaxy has ever seen. I'm sure they'll knock up something to replace the relays with easily enough. If you save the Rachni, they can fetch food and resources since iirc they don't need technology to flit about the galaxy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    I mean it has been brought up multiple times that the players have been hinted to keep their Mass Effect 3 saves for "something". But it's a diffrent story how long people are actually willing to wait after the disappointmets they experienced. So even if we do get something amazing the people who wanted it most might've given up.

IDK did that make any sense, hahah. I can't really put what I mean into words.
    It makes perfect sense.

I'm hanging on for as long as I can, but there's eventually going to be a point where I just stop caring and give up on it entirely.

Hopefully I'm in the minority. We need people to stick with this as long as possible.

Anyways.

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but this guy puts it into words remarkably well - much better than I could have possibly done (beware, some spoilers):

Last edited by Kaneiac; 2012-03-14 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    I mean it has been brought up multiple times that the players have been hinted to keep their Mass Effect 3 saves for "something". But it's a diffrent story how long people are actually willing to wait after the disappointmets they experienced. So even if we do get something amazing the people who wanted it most might've given up.

IDK did that make any sense, hahah. I can't really put what I mean into words.
    You're exactly what I was thinking, only you put it better than I could.

Also. <3 Tali.
    Last edited by Nerraw; 2012-03-14 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Massive reply forum mess-up O.o

So, I read that interview that Hudson guy gave and couldn't stop wondering... does he really think the ending was good because people won't forget about it easily?
    Really?

"Well, I went to this amusement park and a friend of mine fell out of the rollercoaster and got seriously injured... This is completely unforgettable for me and I will now obviously always return to that park and spend my money there. Everything else would be strange, right?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    -snip-
    I like the video. He definitely makes some great points, but my favorite point is "Where's the option to tell him to fuck off?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    So, I read that interview that Hudson guy gave and couldn't stop wondering... does he really think the ending was good because people won't forget about it easily?
    Really?

"Well, I went to this amusement park and a friend of mine fell out of the rollercoaster and got seriously injured... This is completely unforgettable for me and I will now obviously always return to that park and spend my money there. Everything else would be strange, right?"
    At the jist of it, yep.

He's proud that it's "controversial" and it'll be something we discuss for a while.

Yeah, it doesn't make any sense to me either.

ME was never anything more than a space-opera with characters you really care about. They tried a dark and edgy ending - it doesn't fit. Admirable - but not something you tack onto a trilogy that it doesn't fit with.

To add: http://retakemasseffect.chipin.com/r...ct-childs-play

The charity officially broke $30,000 dollars. Even if nothing comes out of it, at least we have the fact this charity will do amazing things for those kids.
    Last edited by Kaneiac; 2012-03-14 at 11:06 AM.

Just wanted to link the new CAD here, since I believe it applies: [Still is a very slight spoiler!]
    http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20120314

Deleted
    So I see all this, if you did x in ME1/ME2 y happens in ME3. What if we don't have a save from the previous games?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    So I see all this, if you did x in ME1/ME2 y happens in ME3. What if we don't have a save from the previous games?
    People, possibly entire civilizations, die.

it kinda ocurred to me an hour ago that if they were to make a movie of mass effect, it would fit right after the endings as shepard wakes up and then we finaly see some battle and shepard actualy managing to save every1 and killing the reapers and answering all of our questions of what hapens afterwards
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Hello all- perhaps someone here in the MMO community could help with the issue i'm having.....

In the mission "Citadel: the return", the portion where you're in the red hallway with the dead bodies and keepers attending to them. (It's the mission after the reapers attacked the people advancing toward the light beam on Earth)

I wandered toward the end, past all the keepers, toward the doors, but the doors dont open. I checked out the Youtube flicks to see what I'm missing. As far as I can tell, the doors were supposed to open automatically. Yet when i reloaded it, the doors still wont open. I even went back to an earlier save file (yes, I did the whole "Take back the Earth" thing again, and when I get to that red hallway, the doors STILL wont open.

I've tried contacting tech support and they tell me it's a "gameplay issue", I've gone to Origin and selected "repair install", I've gone to the bioware forums, but my questions went unanswered and buried underneath all the multiplayer threads.

Seriously, am i the only one experiencing this? This is literally a game-breaking glitch. I cannot proceed past the doors and finish the damn game. I don't have it in me to start the whole damn gameplay from the beginning. (i got like 7,000 war assests and so forth. The game was great, but not great enough for a replay.)
    Last edited by Fibby76; 2012-03-14 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tnpm View Post
    it kinda ocurred to me an hour ago that if they were to make a movie of mass effect, it would fit right after the endings as shepard wakes up and then we finaly see some battle and shepard actualy managing to save every1 and killing the reapers and answering all of our questions of what hapens afterwards
    A movie is currently in the making (or so i read) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1482455/

Quote Originally Posted by Fibby76 View Post
    -snip-
    Missing spoiler tags, not everyone are done with the game yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fibby76 View Post
    how do i do the whole black thing?
    Spoiler tags, like so but with out the space after the '[' : [ spoiler] Write stuff here [ /spoiler]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    some decisions are made automatically for you(wrex, citadel, collector base), you do have a choice about who dies in the first one in making a new character in ME3.

Im just on the fence about it all on one hand i would think it awesome if the Indoctrination theory was right, but i cant see Bioware and EA having the big brass balls to try it, but i also cant fathom why BW who usually have half decent storylines, would diverge from what the previous ME games have been like just for the ending, still the ending really doesnt make too much different to me i loved the experiance of the trilogy up until the head scratching end, but its certainly not tainted the series or BIoware or games in general for me like some of these hysterial people are claiming.
    Last edited by mmoc00c6bd8f01; 2012-03-14 at 12:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyratops View Post
    Man, I hope that Multiplayer content is actually good. The current stuff is quite lame. Personally I'm content with ending, obviously your crew somehow being back on the Normandy is shit and other little plotholes like that - but generally I liked the ending.
    I played a few matches the other day on Bronze (the easiest difficulty) and it was actually pretty fun. It's exactly what you'd expect, almost like a campaign mission with 3 other people helping you clear waves of enemies, with mech's, objectives, coming in between sometimes. It wasn't as easy as I would have expected being the easiest difficulty but maybe it just takes some getting used to, you definitely have to be more careful than during the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    I played a few matches the other day on Bronze (the easiest difficulty) and it was actually pretty fun. It's exactly what you'd expect, almost like a campaign mission with 3 other people helping you clear waves of enemies, with mech's, objectives, coming in between sometimes. It wasn't as easy as I would have expected being the easiest difficulty but maybe it just takes some getting used to, you definitely have to be more careful than during the campaign.
    In my experience it's easy enough if you all stick together more or less. Especially in the 'Important Enemy' or 'Hacking Points' stages, if you split up it can go wrong quickly.

Also the different enemy types aren't the same difficulty. In my experience Reapers are by far the worst since Banshees, Brutes and the Rachnii ones can all cause problems. Geth are pretty easy as their 'hard' unit, the Geth Prime, simply doesn't cause as many problems. Cerberus sit somewhere in the middle. The Titans are a bit of a ballache, but other than that it's only really the Nemesis units to worry about, and they're not a patch on a Banshee or Brute.

I don't know why all the people are raging over the ending, I think all of them are fitting, and the synthesis ending is imo. the "true" one. Shepherd hat to die, it's a small sacrifice in compare to all his friends who gave their live to support him. Kaidan/Ash, Mordin (that was really a sad one ), Thane and Legion, all gave their lives for a better future, and the way the last mission on earth starts, with Shepherd talking to all his Friends, and how he would watch out for Garus, from the bar in heaven....it was just obvious that he would give his life for a better future of humans and synthetics. Off course you can destroy all the synthetics and have a chance to survive ( with high enough readiness ), but I just couldn't betray the Geth and EDI.
    Off course it isn't a happy end, but I never hoped for one.
    In my opinion, ME3 is a melodrama, like most war-movies are. I enjoyed it from the start, to the very end. They just don't make video games like this anymore

I just found it incredibly repetitive, yes there are 3 factions of enemies, multiple maps and different objectives but ultimately for me I just found it boring after my first hour or two, I guess I was more expecting it to be like the single player..