15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Difficulty in my opinion in bronze goes
    Cerberus, Geth, Reaper.
    In silver it is
    Geth, Reaper, Cerberus.

Banshes and Brutes can both be shotgun-kited easily. Rachni units are cake because they, like the geth prime, fire in groups of three. Stay behind cover, count 3 impacts on the cover, hit them and duck back down. I feel like Kanubis is forgetting about the phantoms. You know, those cartwheeling hand-laser your shield down in one hit then stab you in the face with a sword she-devils.

On silver, pretty much everything in the game is not an issue except phantoms. The guys I play with group up and concentrate firepower on phantoms, because they are the ONLY real threat that have to die quickly.
    Do not like Banshee's little "let's rip your face off!" move. -.- Honestly though I feel out of all of them Cerberus is easiest, with maybe Geth being really close. Of course I haven't tried the Geth or Reaper on Silver or Gold yet.

With Cerberus, Phantom's are no problem if you have someone with overload. Just have to be careful, don't get swarmed and stick together. That seemed to work when my friends and I played gold in the demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Do not like Banshee's little "let's rip your face off!" move. -.- Honestly though I feel out of all of them Cerberus is easiest, with maybe Geth being really close. Of course I haven't tried the Geth or Reaper on Silver or Gold yet.

With Cerberus, Phantom's are no problem if you have someone with overload. Just have to be careful, don't get swarmed and stick together. That seemed to work when my friends and I played gold in the demo.
    Just keep hitting the banshee. I've been using a Birdman Sniper (so I can't roll or dodge side to side) and I have no problems kiting and killing banshees on silver with my shotgun or sniper rifle. She doesn't 'jump' if she is taking damage, and she moves slow when she isn't jumping. You can also stop her from jumping if you hit her right as she comes out of a jump.

I have overload, the problem with phantoms is that they take your shield off in one shot with no laser targetting like the nemisis or rachni, and then the rest of that human scum mob hurts. I would really like to unlock the Krogan Soldier and the black widow so I can run sniper/shotty with incenderary grenades. Incinerate is OP against anything that has had its shield taken down.

That 'rip your face off' move is the same as the phantoms knife your chest move, except the phantoms get close without screaming and can go invis...

Deleted
    Powers don't seem to work half the time in MP now...

Especially just after being hit, uses the cd, sometimes makes the noise but no effect.

And they just DON'T work if you fire them without aiming from around cover now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Powers don't seem to work half the time in MP now...

Especially just after being hit, uses the cd, sometimes makes the noise but no effect.

And they just DON'T work if you fire them without aiming from around cover now.
    I was playing this morning and didn't have any issues. Did you have an update or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uuuugh why did I come here lol.

Still playing ME2 lol. I know I know im slow.

Did play the demo though and got it in my gamefly Que, and I must say if the game is anything like the trailer, then I shall have a blast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    Aww shit, here goes my theory...
    Don't worry. When I first saw it, I showed it to all of my friends and pretty much said, "an interesting twist!"

I had to remove BOTH of my feet from my mouth later on.

Mass Effect 3 - Decisions and Outcomes (spoiler post)

[SIZE=5]Current Questions:[/SIZE]
    1) What happens if Garrus or Tali in the Omega 4 relay in ME 2? Who shows up on the moon of Palaven? Who shows up on the flotilla? Do you get a token turian to talk to/ join your party?

2) What happens if you killed the Rachni in ME 1? Do the Rachni mobs not show up in the game? Is there still the mission to investigate with the Grunt's Krogan group before curing the genophage?

3) What happens if your Fem Shepard romanced Jacob, does he still marry Brynn?

4) What happens if Miranda did not survive Omega 4, do you still try to save her sister on the Cerberus base?

5) What happens if your Fem Shepard romanced Thane? Does he still die? Is the dialogue really different during the death scene?

6) What happens if Mordin AND his student died in ME 2? Is there someone there to cure the genophage?

7) What happens if you gave Cerberus the reaper? How is the dialogue different?

8) What happens if you destroy all the Geth in ME2? How does the conflict with the Geth and Quarians play out?

[SIZE=5]Current Answers[/SIZE]
    [B][SIZE=4]Mass Effect 1[/SIZE][/B]
    1) Council - If you saved the old council, the counselors are: Tevos, Valern, Sparatus. If you sacrificed them, the counselors will be: Irissa, Esheel, and Quentiss. However, it really makes no difference in the game. Their dialogue is exactly the same, except a 1 line insert. They even look the same. Also, Udina will be a counselor regardless. If Anderson was your counselor, he will resign to rejoin the military shortly after ME2. This is noted in his codex.
    *(Thanks to AnthonyUK for pointing this out)

2) Rachni - I don't know what happens if you killed the Rachni (q2). Saving the Rachni, you will run into Rachni mobs (1 giant eye, 2 small blue lazers shooting a bazooka like shot with 3 sacks of spiderlings) who have been taken over by the reapers. You will also get a mission before curing the genophage to investigate the Rachni. On that mission you reunite with Grunt if he survived Omega 4. With him, you fight through the reaper/rachni cave and find that the queen was captured and enslaved by the reapers. You can free her, and she will join your fleet (worth about 100 -> 200 fleet str), or you can leave her to die. Grunt will survive regardless of your choice, but his company will take a few (10ish) more losses.

3) Wrex - If Wrex is alive, he becomes the leader of the Krogans and clan Urgnot. If Wrex died in ME1, you deal with his half brother Wreave. Both will demand that you cure the genophage before helping the Turians. Wrex will promise to try to make peace and not seek out revenge after the war. Wreave promises to wage war against the Turians and Salarians after the Reapers are gone.

4) Ashley vs Kaiden - Obviously, one of them survives and joins your team. Some of their dialogue is shared word for word, mainly on missions. All their dialogue when you talk to them between missions is different. Kaiden really seemed dull and underwritten in this game, but I didn't particularly like Ashley's conversations either.

5) Zhu's hope - A colony in ME1 that was being controlled by plant like creatures. Depending on how many colonist, there will be dialogue that references Zhu's hope as a massacre, or as a triumph. You can also scan the Planet Feros, Theseus system, Attican Beta to gain the war asset "Zhu's Hope Colonists" for 30 str
    *(Thanks to Flextt for the info)

[B][SIZE=4]Mass Effect 2[/SIZE][/B]
    1) Miranda - If Miranda survives, you will get an email from her to meet at the citadel. You can choose to re-ignite the romance. This blocks you from starting other romances. She will then talk to you again later at the spectre terminal near the HU embassy. Finally, you'll get an email to meet her in the apartments for a quickie. If you meet her in the apartments, she will not die on to Kai Leng or her father at the Cerberus base, and you get +25 fleet str.

2) Jack - If Jack survives, you will meet her on the side mission at the school for gifted biotics. She teaches there now. After the mission you can meet her at the club on the Citadel. There, you can re-ignite your romance, which blocks others. Whether or not you romance her, she joins her students fighting for the fleet, +25 str. If she died on Omega 4, she simply doesn't show up at the school. The main male student dies as you're running to the shuttle trying to save Rodriguz.

3) Garrus - I don't know what would happen if Garrus died in ME2. If he survives, he shows up when you start working with the Turians, and joins your party. He has lots of great dialogue, and jokes when you find him between missions (trades jokes with Joker, Epeens with James Vega, makes out with Tali).

4) Tali - I don't know what would happen if Tali died in ME2. If she survives, she shows up when you start working with the Quarian, and joins your party. You can lose her if the Quarians are wiped out.

5) Grunt - If Grunt survived the Omega 4 relay, you meet him when investigating the Rachni. He's now in clan Urgnot, and leads his own commando unit. He will survive the mission regardless, and gives +25 fleet str.

6) Legion - If Legion died on Omega 4, you interact with another unit, simply named "Geth." They look exactly the same, and even have the same hole blown out of their chest piece. The dialogue is rather different however, and you miss him calling you "Shepard Commander." Both will try to upload the reaper tech to their fleet. Legion and Geth will die, regardless.

7) Thane - If Thane survives, he will show up in the Hospital promising to watch over Ashley or Kaiden. You get to have a nice chat with him. He also foils the assassination attempt during the Citadel, but is mortally wounded. He also provides a nice death scene in the hospital with his son later on. If Thane did not survive, he doesn't appear in the hospital. Kai Leng will kill the Salarian Counselor during the attack on the Citadel, and Udina will have a video recording to frame you for the murder. It puts some more doubt in Ashley/Kaiden, but you get to kill Udina regardless.

8) Mordin - I don't know what would happen if Mordin died. He shows up trying to cure the genophage. Wrex or Wreave, cure or sabotage the genophage, as far as I know, Mordin dies in ME3 regardless.

9) Samara - I don't know what would happen if Samara died in ME2. She shows up on a side quest when you go to check on the Asari school. Apparently, all 3 of her daughters have that disease that kills a person after Asari mind sex. You will save 1 of the daughters. Samara will then either commit suicide (rather than fulfill her duty as a justicar killing her last daughter), or you can convince her there's another way. She'll then join the front lines and +25 to your fleet.

10) Jacob - Jacob shows up in the N7 side mission Cerberus Scientists. I'd like to know what would happen if your fem shepard romanced him (q3). He's there protecting a group of scientist fleeing Cerberus. He falls in love with the main scientist Brynn. After the mission, you'll be able to talk to him at the hospital. There, you'll find out that they're having a baby, but they'll continue fighting till the reapers are gone. Jacob gives +25 fleet str.

11) Katsume - Katsume shows up on a Citadel side mission exposing a traitorous ambassador. After the mission, you can convince her to join the fleet. She will go around stealing rare materials for the construction of the Crucible, and give +25 to fleet str.

12) Zaeed - Zaeed shows up in a side Citadel mission where Cerberus tries to assassinate the Hannar Ambassador, he stops the assassination and joins the fleet for 25 str.

13) Maelon's data - From what I've seen, if you do not save Maelon's data from Mordin's loyalty mission, Eve will die on Tuchunga when Mordin extracts her DNA. After the cure, there will be a scene where you burn Eve's body that reminds me of the movie Troy. If you save Maelon's data, but sabotage the cure, the dialogue is slightly different, but Mordin still dies. Afterwards, the Krogan not knowing the difference, Eve and Wrex/Wreave will stand near a stone table and commend you.

14) Destroying/Saving the reaper - I only killed the reaper. Someone let me know what happens if you hand it over to Cerberus!

[B][SIZE=4]Mass Effect 3[/SIZE][/B]
    1) The Genophage: Before embarking on the mission to cure the genophage, the Salarian Diatriss will ask you to sabotage the cure.

If you reveal the plans, Mordin will take the elevator up to the top, and fix the problem as the cure is released. The shroud then explodes, killing Mordin. The Salarians will never join your fleet.

If you don't reveal the plan, Mordin will detect something is wrong. If you try to stop him from going up, he'll figure it out. You'll then have a brief argument with him about it. To stop the cure, you have to shoot Mordin in the back. He still takes the elevator to the top, but dies before being able to fix the problem. The Salarian join your fleet, but you will lose the bulk of the Krogan later on. After the attack on the Citadel, Wrex/Wreave will figure it out, and confront you on the Citadel. You will either be forced to shoot Wrex/Wreave, or watch as Bailey and C-Sec kill them. Later on in a conversation with Garrus he will ask you why Wrex/Wreave would attack you, and I choose to tell him the truth, to which he responded something like, "Damn, a few years ago, I would've said the price is too high. I guess that's what this war has done to us."

2) The Quarians and Geth:
    After freeing the Geth from the Reaper control, Admiral Gerrel will order the fleet to finish off all the Geth. Legion, or token Geth will then ask you for permission to upload Reaper tech to the Geth.

If you refuse to let him upload the tech twice, he will disobey and begin the upload anyways. Tali will then kill Legion/ token Geth. The Quarian fleet will then wipe out all the Geth. (It's a nice cutscene). The Quarians add something around 480 to your fleet.

If you allow him to upload the tech, Tali will plead with you not to. If you ignore her, Legion/Token Geth will upload the data. Legion/Geth will sacrifice themselves to do the upload. The Geth fleet will then wipe out all the Quarians (It's a different, and even nicer cutscene). Afterwards, Tali will commit suicide. The Geth will add something around 600 to your fleet.

If your reputation is above 2 bars, you can get a peace options. Allow Legion/Geth to upload the data. Then use your reputation check to call for peace/threaten to Quarians. The Quarians will break off their attack, and you will get both fleets to join you. Legion/Geth still die uploading the data.

I don't know if this makes a difference, but sometime while on your ship, you hear Admiral Gerrel and Raan having an argument (Gerrel is the one who will stop at nothing to kill the Geth). You can choose and support one of them in the argument. I definitely supported Raan on the playthrough where they made peace.
    Last edited by Windry; 2012-03-15 at 11:15 AM.

So you make giant long thread with huge spoilers, and don't spoil it?

the tags are
    [spoiler] at the beginning and [/spoiler] at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    1) Council - If you saved the old council, the counselors are: Tevos, Valern, Sparatus. If you sacrificed them, the counselors will be: Irissa, Esheel, and Quentiss. However, it really makes no difference in the game. Their dialogue is exactly the same, except a 1 line insert. They even look the same. Also, Udina will be a counselor regardless. If Anderson was your counselor, he will resign to rejoin the military shortly after ME2. This is noted in his codex.
    One thing I noted on different playthroughs: if you save the council, they and Kaidan (or Ashley) will choose to trust your word over Udina's during the citadel mission, leading to a much quicker resolution. That scenario also gave me a renegade option to kill Udina myself that I didn't get in the other playthrough.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Indoctrination Theory

Shepard is being indoctrinated the whole time, culminating in the scene with the Citadel. She has constantly interacted with Reaper tech over the past three years, being in the same building as Object Rho for two whole days during Arrival, and keeping the Prothean Artifact that made people go nuts in her own private quarters. Everything after she is hit by the laser blast is a hallucination. Control option is just following what TIM wanted, Synthesis is following what Saren wanted, only the Destroy option, the destroy the Reapers at all costs, the option you've been building up to for the entirety of the series, breaks the indoctrination, which results in Shepard waking up back on earth.

Note that you need to remove all spaces in the links provided.

Proofs:

1. Only when your EMS is high enough to actually survive, when you first meet the Catalyst, does he say "Wake up," instead of "Why are you here?" One of your squadmates is telling you to wake up.

2. Here: dl. dropbox. com/u/26913187/end003_catalyst_m_D_Int. You can clearly hear FemShep's voice behind the Catalyst's. Your subconscious is trying to tell you there is still hope. The voice behind it is MaleShep's if you play a Male Shepard.

3. The pistol you find has an unlimited clip. This could simply be bad writing, but it just seems odd- this is not possible in the real world, lending credence to the idea that it's a dream.

4. Anderson being brought in would make perfect sense for Shep to do subconsciously- she sees him as a father figure. It would not make sense logically, since you hear the radios saying that no one made it through to the beam. In actuality, you are unconscious, and just hearing your own radio. This also goes for Shep herself- when she's staggering down to the beam, someone should have seen her. Obviously they have a point where they can see people going for the beam, since they don't think anyone made it. Yet two people make it in without them noticing?

5. While on the Citadel, during the final scene with TIM, and again with the Catalyst, I believe, you can clearly see traffic going on in the background. This makes zero sense at all. Unless husks have learned to drive air-cars.

6. Here: http:/ www. youtube. com/watch?v=WCXHzbEDK5E Go to 11:55 and watch until the shuttle is destroyed. Notice something? No one ever interacts with the kid. In what situation would adults and marines stand around and just let a kid struggle to pull themselves up onto the shuttle when time is of the essence to get out of there alive? Especially with a Reaper nearby? The kid is not real. He is a product of Shepard's mind- a foothold the Reapers have built through Shep's exposure to Reaper tech.

7. The kid. As stated, he is not real. This explains why Shepard continually dreams about one single kid after going through everything she has been through. There were many kids taken by the Collectors on horizon, and many people she has known personally who have died, (more so if she is Colonist, or Sole Survivor, or both). It also explains the final dream with the kid, where when Shep finally finds him, she sees herself and the kid burn- her subconscious is trying to warn her that following the kid results in her own death.

8. The "breath" scene at the end of the destroy option makes no sense if the endings were real. Shepard cannot possibly survive a fall back to earth, and she is clearly not on the Citadel for two reasons- one, we see it blowing up, specifically the entire central area, where Shepard was, and two- you're surrounded by concrete rubble. The Citadel isn't built of concrete, but London was. What is actually happening is that you are waking up back on earth.

9. The Normandy Crew that step out of the Normandy at the end can be the ones who were in your squad during the final push. This makes no sense at all. They should still be on earth- unless Shepard is just imagining them safely out of the way. Actually, your entire squad should be on earth since you're able to talk with all of them before the final battle.

10. The Normandy herself- why is Joker fleeing the battle? Why did he jump into a Mass Relay? There was no reason to do so since the Reapers were either retreating or destroyed. Again, this only makes sense if Shepard is just projecting because she wants the Normandy and her crew to be safe.

11. The Illusive Man should not be able to get anywhere near the Reaper base. What did he do, just hang around behind your squad the whole time and then jump out and make a run for the beam after Harbinger blew up your assault squad? Not to mention, this would now be three people that somehow made it to the beam despite the radios and the entire Alliance believing no one made it.

12. The game itself only requires 16 GB, when we were told the game would require 25 GB right up until the release date.

13. Building off of #11 and #4, why does Hackett contact Shepard as if he knows she is alive? If everything that took place was real, then the Alliance should believe that Shepard is dead, yet Hackett speaks to her over the console, just assuming Shepard is alive. Not to mention- why is Hackett able to connect to that console? Shep's radio equipment is fried from the laser blast, (as is her shields), so it can't be coming from her, it's clearly coming from the console in the middle of the Citadel. But why can Hackett just transmit directly into it? More importantly, why does he assume Shepard would be in that particular location? Hackett should have no idea that Shep made it to the beam, or even if somehow he assumes she made it, he should have no idea where on the Citadel she is.

14. Animals routinely react with fear to the indoctrinated or those being indoctrinated. Something about them being able to tell that a person is no longer themselves. The hamster you find in ME3, (it's in Jack's old area in the Normandy), is scared to death of you.

15. The Starchild/God-child/Leader of the Reapers lies to you. He tells you that you won't survive the destroy option because you also have synthetic tech in your body. Why, then, do you wake up back on earth? If the Indoctrination theory is correct, this fits perfectly. He is trying to give you another reason not to pick the destroy option.
    More theories, but a nice post nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So you make giant long thread with huge spoilers, and don't spoil it?

the tags are
    [spoiler] at the beginning and [/spoiler] at the end.
    I know how to use the spoiler tag, but it's very hard to read a long post written in spoiler tag. I put spoiler in the title, and twice again in the first paragraph. If it spoiled something for you, I'm sorry, but I gave plenty of warning.

10+ Year Old Account
    huge snippet
    Can you please spoiler this?

I know, it's been out for a week, but Japan hasn't received the game yet and I know there are others here who haven't played it yet.

It's not very hard...all you do is click it.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    One thing I noted on different playthroughs: if you save the council, they and Kaidan (or Ashley) will choose to trust your word over Udina's during the citadel mission, leading to a much quicker resolution. That scenario also gave me a renegade option to kill Udina myself that I didn't get in the other playthrough.
    Are you sure? I got them to back down in both playthroughs, and I definitely killed Udina for renegade in both playthroughs.

I know how to use the spoiler tag, but it's very hard to read a long post written in spoiler tag. I put spoiler in the title, and twice again in the first paragraph. If it spoiled something for you, I'm sorry, but I gave plenty of warning.
    Spoilers need to be spoilered. Just scrolling down the page trying to go past your post can contain huge spoilers.

Deleted
    Some people might be browsing quickly and glancing right in the middle of your post, spoiling a part they haven't personally encountered yet. I'd personally play it safe since the spoiler tags aren't a huge issue and anyone who wants to remove them can remove them. Unlike what has been seen can't be unseen..

Aaaanyway. Been playing my second playthrough alongside the iOS app and it's actually a nice addition. I can't wait to get the message when Tali is drinking through the straw... err, I mean "emergency induction port". Any of the decisions haven't really been easier the second time through. This time I actually didn't punch the bitchy reporter on the Citadel and to my surprise she joined my cause. Thane's death wasn't any easier the second time through either... I still shed a few tears. That bloody scene is just so sad! I do find it a bit "funny" that after the scene when you leave the Citadel Kaidan joins me on the Normandy and that scene just cracks me up. Such a "Datass!"-moment I can't help but giggling. My emotions are on a rollercoaster again.

And I'm actually curious.. Is it the EMS that affects whether you can convince TIM to turn down or not in the last part? I had that bit over 4000 EMS the first time I played the game through and I couldn't convince him with a full Paragon score. Or do you need the second playthrough for it or something? I'm still a bit unsure what actually affects it.

Deleted
    This thread is just so amusing !! All those guys and their stupid spoiler tags. Do you think anyone who has not played the game yet and does not want to be spoiled klicks right in to a ME3 thread where there is a lot of spoilers?

It´s just tedious to read this thread, sigh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    This thread is just so amusing !! All those guys and their stupid spoiler tags. Do you think anyone who has not played the game yet and does not want to be spoiled klicks right in to a ME3 thread where there is a lot of spoilers?

It´s just tedious to read this thread, sigh
    I actually do. I was browsing the thread for general information when I was still playing the game and when I actually didn't even have it yet. Europe's release date was later than US so people were already discussing spoilers here while some of us couldn't even get our hands on the game.

So yes. "Stupid spoiler tags" aren't stupid imo. There's a reason they're there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    Some people might be browsing quickly and glancing right in the middle of your post, spoiling a part they haven't personally encountered yet. I'd personally play it safe since the spoiler tags aren't a huge issue and anyone who wants to remove them can remove them. Unlike what has been seen can't be unseen..

Aaaanyway. Been playing my second playthrough alongside the iOS app and it's actually a nice addition. I can't wait to get the message when Tali is drinking through the straw... err, I mean "emergency induction port". Any of the decisions haven't really been easier the second time through. This time I actually didn't punch the bitchy reporter on the Citadel and to my surprise she joined my cause. Thane's death wasn't any easier the second time through either... I still shed a few tears. That bloody scene is just so sad! I do find it a bit "funny" that after the scene when you leave the Citadel Kaidan joins me on the Normandy and that scene just cracks me up. Such a "Datass!"-moment I can't help but giggling. My emotions are on a rollercoaster again.

And I'm actually curious.. Is it the EMS that affects whether you can convince TIM to turn down or not in the last part? I had that bit over 4000 EMS the first time I played the game through and I couldn't convince him with a full Paragon score. Or do you need the second playthrough for it or something? I'm still a bit unsure what actually affects it.
    Convincing TIM is based on your previous conversations with him. You must persuade him on Mars, Thessia, and on his base. You get these persuade options by picking the investigate type option on the left.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Convincing TIM is based on your previous conversations with him. You must persuade him on Mars, Thessia, and on his base. You get these persuade options by picking the investigate type option on the left.
    Hmmm.. I could've sworn I did that, better keep a closer eye on it this time round. Cheers.

Just started my insanity playthrough, the more I think about the ending, the indoctrination theory rings true.