Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    No I mean in public rooms, not setting the enemies to Random, sorry. Maybe Im just terrible but the people who want to play silver wiht a level 4 toon and N100-some designation are... annoying.
    Meh, silver isn't that bad.

Totally depends on the class too, on a Geth wave a level 4 Quarian infiltrator would probably be ok (I reset my infiltrator and ran either a Silver or Gold immediately, scored quite low but focused on staying alive, hacking the right targets and stealth ressing ^.^)

Seen some really odd things too though, like that level 20 engy that only got assist medals... when 80% of the waves were clustered around my decoy and the rest were being killed to the left by the sentinel :s

And yeah, only run public atm, think the endings annoyed a few people I ran demo MP with/they haven't got it yet

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Meh, silver isn't that bad.

Totally depends on the class too, on a Geth wave a level 4 Quarian infiltrator would probably be ok (I reset my infiltrator and ran either a Silver or Gold immediately, scored quite low but focused on staying alive, hacking the right targets and stealth ressing ^.^)

Seen some really odd things too though, like that level 20 engy that only got assist medals... when 80% of the waves were clustered around my decoy and the rest were being killed to the left by the sentinel :s
    my biggest beef with the public groups is getting vote-kicked after literally carrying the other 3 people through the last wave or two of the mission. Only one alive to take out the enemy targets AND only one alive to be extracted? check. get vote kicked right after despite having a silver res medal? check.

Seems like lots of people who have no idea what they are doing are playing the multiplayer. I really like my Quinari Engineer, and I'm still trying to unlock my Krogan Soldier that I had in the demo...

Quote Originally Posted by zaoly View Post
    Catalyst was able to move Citadel to Earth
    The Reapers moved it to Earth, not the Catalyst.

[spoiler]
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    I don't think has anyone said this but I found a rather interesting comment on one of the soundtrack videos on YouTube:

[I]"Listen its all there play the game look at the ending. the moment when harbinger blasts you shepard is unconscious in the rubble.remember the part with the illusive man and anderson well the illusive man represents shepard indoctrinated and in denial anderson represents shepards realisation of being indoctrinated and goodside
    think back to all the indoctrination from me1 to me2 to me3 nightmares they always talk about nightmares of dreams."[/I]

here - all explained: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbghjn7_Byc[/url]

why am I getting error that this is too short of a message?
    Last edited by jtgizmo; 2012-03-16 at 09:03 AM. Reason: closed the tags
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Deleted

What if there's more to the end, than meets the eye?

When I finished Mass Effect 3 I sat back for almost 10 Minutes and thought hard why I shouldn’t scream at my computer for the apparent excuse of an ending of a so far amazing triology.

Maybe it’s just wishful thinking but, think about this:
    ME3 revolves around Shepard’s failure to save the life of the little boy back on earth. The game starts with this traumatic event for Shepard. Throughout the game he has nightmares about this little boy he couldn’t save whom the had to leave to die. Every time but in the last nightmare the boy ends up in flames. In the last nightmare both he and Shepard himself end up in flames. What does that mean? Has Shepard already accepted his complete failure to save the galaxy? Has the accepted death?
    Think about it, the moment he reaches the Citadel, he says the does not recognize its environment as the Citadel. What if he was dreaming/dying at that point already? Then, like abovementioned, The illusive man (who comes out of nowhere) represents the Renegade in Shepard and Anderson represents the Paragon in him. Both die. Maybe this is the point when Shepard’s mind reaches closure. Suddenly he is teleported somewhere and the Reapers are represented by an AI which looks like the boy he could not save. How is that possible? What does this mean? Two things come to mind:

1. The Reapers know of Shepard’s nightmares and chose this form to appear because it represents his failure of saving the Galaxy all by himself. They can only know this, if they read his mind – then he was doomed to fail from the very beginning being indoctrinated by them.

2. Shepard only dreams that there is in fact a way, a choice to make, to save the Galaxy. This would explain the meaninglessness of those choices. It does not matter what he does in the end, because it is not real. It’s all his wishful thinking.

Personally I think this ending is deep, very deep. There are many little clues which, if you think about them, could add up to something else entirely. This cannot be the end. Like some of the devs already twittered: There is more to come. Well I hope so. And if it does, it better be worth the DLC money. Did you notice the Message which appeared after you were done with the Credits? “Commander Shepard has become a legend by ending the Reaper threat. Now you can continue to build that legend through further gameplay and downloadable content”. I mean WHAT THE HECK? All safe and sound back on the Normandy like jack happened. I mean seriously WHAT ON EARTH? Downloadable Content, further Gameplay, no matter which ending you choose? Is this an EA Conspiracy, a joke? I do not know.

And if it does not happen, then think about this:
    Did you really think you could save the entire Galaxy all by yourself? Did you really think that one human can make a difference? Did you really believe that the will of a single human can change the fate of history? You really didn’t… or did you? Maybe the Reapers /devs only wanted you to believe this. Maybe this is the final message for us all by the devs, it simply does not matter what you do in the end, how many choices you make, for you are just one single human being in a universe consisting of a billion trillion worlds. The choices you make only affect your immediate surroundings but they cannot change the fate of the world yet alone of a Galaxy or the universe. I think it is just hard to accept this fact.

Or maybe the ending of ME3 is just what it appears to be: poorly written and badly delivered. Over and out.

One little thought about the post-credits ending bit:

The old dude tells the kid he can go to the stars one day. It kind of suggests that he just has to grow up, and the technology already exists. The bit I caught was the bit after that that 'anything he can imagine' will be there, because the 'galaxy has billions of stars.'

Does this suggest that possibly in the wake of the relay explosions the races were able to create more advanced technology allowed free travel among systems, rather than the limited Relay method of only visiting the system that the Reapers had nominated as Relay points?

To be honest... I didn't mind Shep dying, I'm all for heroic sacrifice and stuff. I would have liked to know about the crew afterwards, but mainly it just bothered me that the relays went boom.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanubis View Post
    One little thought about the post-credits ending bit:

The old dude tells the kid he can go to the stars one day. It kind of suggests that he just has to grow up, and the technology already exists. The bit I caught was the bit after that that 'anything he can imagine' will be there, because the 'galaxy has billions of stars.'

Does this suggest that possibly in the wake of the relay explosions the races were able to create more advanced technology allowed free travel among systems, rather than the limited Relay method of only visiting the system that the Reapers had nominated as Relay points?

To be honest... I didn't mind Shep dying, I'm all for heroic sacrifice and stuff. I would have liked to know about the crew afterwards, but mainly it just bothered me that the relays went boom.
    I think so.

iirc weren't they already messing about with relay-free quick travel? Also, if you took the Green ending, im kind of wondering if some sort of hybrid life form would ever die of old age? Which would lead to me thinking that once you are grown up, you literally can do whatever you want. But I don't know that. And yes, the 'vibe' I got was that they have the tech to go to the stars, but some of them have chosen to live simpler lives without all the high tech.

I think so.

iirc weren't they already messing about with relay-free quick travel? Also, if you took the Green ending, im kind of wondering if some sort of hybrid life form would ever die of old age? Which would lead to me thinking that once you are grown up, you literally can do whatever you want. But I don't know that. And yes, the 'vibe' I got was that they have the tech to go to the stars, but some of them have chosen to live simpler lives without all the high tech.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. iirc Humanity's technology shot forward once they found the Prothean shite on Mars originally, simply because most of the technology is based on Reaper tech (which was their intention all along anyway.) Travel was done using the relays because it was convenient and because the Council races were very iffy about blundering in to random space due to surprises like the Rachni.

So what happens after ME3? At the very least, you've got a bunch of Reaper corpses and the remains of the Relay to study.

You've also got all the finest scientific minds in the entire galaxy gathered in one place (wherever they built the crucible) and they also have Relay fragments to study. In my playthough they also had the Rachni to help them - and iirc correctly the Rachni don't need spaceships? So they can do a lot of the manual work.

This is a concept for the ME3 ending http://www.imagebanana.com/view/62nk...1888627543.jpg

On Deciding the End of the Game
    The illusive man boss fight had been scrapped... but there was still much debate. On night walters scribbled down some thought on various ways the game could end with the line "Lots of speculation for Everyone!" at the bottom of the page.
    This is from the Mass Effect 3 Final Hours app which can be found on http://www.me3finalhours.com/

More regarding that app can be found in this thread: http://forums.gametrailers.com/threa...1280973?page=1

I don't know about you guys, but to me this pretty much proves that it's no Indoctrination but just lazy writing.

I think so.

The Synthesis Process used Shepard as a guide, so the organics affected would likely still have all organic function.

In addition, FTL is still possible but would takes years or decades and take fuel and repairs. With the galaxies infrastructure destroyed, it's unlikely that many even made it home.

---------- Post added 2012-03-16 at 05:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but to me this pretty much proves that it's no Indoctrination but just lazy writing.
    Are you speaking specifically of the Illusive Man boss fight? If so, I fail to see how that would disprove indoctrination. Honestly, they could have changed everything at the last second to accommodate it. We really don't know - which is bad.
    Last edited by Lightfist; 2012-03-16 at 10:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    here - all explained: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbghjn7_Byc[/url]

why am I getting error that this is too short of a message?
    That video is actually really good, it actually explains a lot of the things that back up the indoctrination-theory. o_o Thanks for sharing!

EDIT: its already been posted nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Are you speaking specifically of the Illusive Man boss fight? If so, I fail to see how that would disprove indoctrination. Honestly, they could have changed everything at the last second to accommodate it. We really don't know - which is bad.
    Nah, I'm referring to the concept. It states nothing about Indoctrination. It says is Choice -> Catalyst -> Shepard's Essence (whatever that may be). It also compares the ending of ME3 to that of Matrix 1 amongst other things.

See the part where it says "everybody speculates"? To me it sounds like they wanted us, the fans, to rationalize an ending for them.

Maybe someone has bought the ME Final Hours app which I have linked and could provide more insight?
    Last edited by Snuzzfizzle; 2012-03-16 at 10:29 AM.

Deleted
    Even though this has been said a couple times already, but if the indoctrination-theory proves to be true then it's amazing how BioWare played this out. Causing a huge amount of discussion (with the cost of a ton of disappointed fans, though) all over the place, even if it has been pretty much negative. It's still publicity and you've caused people to talk a lot about your game, right? I'll seriously make a bow to BioWare IF they actually managed to pull something like this off.

Well, back to my second playthrough. Time to kick some Husks in the gut.

Even though this has been said a couple times already, but if the indoctrination-theory proves to be true then it's amazing how BioWare played this out. Causing a huge amount of discussion (with the cost of a ton of disappointed fans, though) all over the place, even if it has been pretty much negative. It's still publicity and you've caused people to talk a lot about your game, right? I'll seriously make a bow to BioWare IF they actually managed to pull something like this off.

Well, back to my second playthrough. Time to kick some Husks in the gut.
    I'm an optimist and I believe in the indoctrination theory.

Also, the new animation and effects on husks regarding bullet wounds. (Especially headshots): AWESOME!
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post
    I'm an optimist and I believe in the indoctrination theory.

Also, the new animation and effects on husks regarding bullet wounds. (Especially headshots): AWESOME!
    Oh I'm definitely believing the indoctrination theory. I've been starting to, mmm.. accept it the more I look into it. I started reading about it on this thread and I've watched a couple of videos with more in-depth explanations. It just makes more and more sense to me! I'm just saying that if this is what BioWare planned all along it has been implemented pretty damn good. As some people put it: it would be the "biggest troll in gaming history" if it proves to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    The Synthesis Process used Shepard as a guide, so the organics affected would likely still have all organic function.

In addition, FTL is still possible but would takes years or decades and take fuel and repairs. With the galaxies infrastructure destroyed, it's unlikely that many even made it home.
    I forgot they used Shepard as a guide. So there goes that live forever theory. And yes I'm aware it would need study and whatnot. Does anyone know if all the scientists working on the crucible were with the fleet when they brought the crucible to Sol, or were they hanging out on some sort of unarmed science ship? Because if you have the finest minds in the galaxy, a shitton of reaper parts, and a burning need for those people to want to go home, I could see it being done pretty quickly.

Something else i found that further supports the theory. (in my mind anyway)

Crucible Meaning and Definition

(n.) A vessel or melting pot, composed of some very refractory substance, as clay, graphite, platinum, and used for melting and calcining substances which require a strong degree of heat, as metals, ores, etc.
    (n.) A test of the most decisive kind; a severe trial; as, the crucible of affliction.
    (n.) A hollow place at the bottom of a furnace, to receive the melted metal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Something else i found that further supports the theory. (in my mind anyway)
    Where did you find that? Some dictionary or something?

Where did you find that? Some dictionary or something?
    Yeah the meaning and definition of the word Crucible.

We know its not "A vessel or melting pot, composed of some very refractory substance" and "A hollow place at the bottom of a furnace, to receive the melted metal." so it must be a test hence = indoctrination.

Maybe i'm seeing what i want to believe or simply just going mad