Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Ok, so: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNJvtmkU9nM[/url] <- (Spoilers in case you're a newbie and dunno what the black box is)
    Now why the heck was that scene removed? It would've made the ending waaay more emotional - in my opinion.

ಠ_ಠ
    they decided that they wanted them to survive?

Info on the upcoming DLC
    Check out what I'm selling in ESO HERE!

Interested in joining the MMO-Champion US guild? Whisper me in-game! @greevir

Awwwh, a cake that Wrex has baked! That alone would make the happiest ending ever. <3

| RAGE. HATE. FEAR. | Sig by Shyama <3 |

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Info on the upcoming DLC
    Just wanted to quickly mention that it's from Penny Arcade. (I know that it's part of the image's link, just mentioned it for those who are too lazy to check. :P)
    It's astonishing how confused people get when a sentence does not end as they potato.

I think Garrus was being sarcastic in that pic. And about this whole ME3 ending thing, well I've learned my lesson. Buy games two-three months after release.
    Ours not to make reply. Ours not to reason why. Ours but to do and die!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    See, that's the thing - it could happen. I won't argue that.

It's still not justification, though. I can't show up at someone's house, kill them, and then tell the police that it's okay because they could have became a mass murderer.

They're playing judge, jury, and executioner over a crime that hasn't even been committed yet - and [I]my[/I] Shepard wouldn't be having that bullshit.
    But the Reapers are just following their programming aren't they? Or do the Reapers have free will?

Hey guys,

at the moment I am sitting at 6952 TMS with an imported savegame (full paragon route, a few assignments from ME 1 missing) right before the Cerberus base during my NG+ 2nd playthrough. I am at 6187 EMS and will push it to 100% readiness to get the best possible result for me. I intend to destroy the Reapers because the current theories seem to support it is the most feasible choice to pick. I have retrieved all assets, scavanged all assets and completed all side mission. The ones buggy on release seem to have been fixed as I write this. But even at 6187 EMS, my chances of success are still "even". Anyone gotten over 7000 EMS and noticed a change?

I will post any results for what they are worth.

But the Reapers are just following their programming aren't they? Or do the Reapers have free will?
    Depends. If they have access to their core-programming and no behavioral blocks, they would have, like EDI. Though it seems unlikely, as it would require an insurmountable willpower to continue such a cycle without any hesitation or mercy. Then again, I measure with human standards. EDIs behavior is most likely a result of high amount exposure to human emotion.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    doesnt star kid control them? since he/they/it states thats what they do? them seem just like machines that do what theyre told, because theres not a reaper who is "hmm but isnt this mass genocide we do every 50k years maybe a little wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    Hey guys,

at the moment I am sitting at 6952 TMS with an imported savegame (full paragon route, a few assignments from ME 1 missing) right before the Cerberus base during my NG+ 2nd playthrough. I am at 6187 EMS and will push it to 100% readiness to get the best possible result for me. I intend to destroy the Reapers because the current theories seem to support it is the most feasible choice to pick. I have retrieved all assets, scavanged all assets and completed all side mission. The ones buggy on release seem to have been fixed as I write this. But even at 6187 EMS, my chances of success are still "even". Anyone gotten over 7000 EMS and noticed a change?

Depends. If they have access to their core-programming and no behavioral blocks, they would have, like EDI. Though it seems unlikely, as it would require an insurmountable willpower to continue such a cycle without any hesitation or mercy. Then again, I measure with human standards. EDIs behavior is most likely a result of high amount exposure to human emotion.
    I believe the threshold for the "best" ending is 5000.

Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    Hey guys,

You'll get the tagged on shepard breathing prerendered screen at the end,in addition to destorying the reapers and the red beam goodness the last reported ending is over 5k(or 4k with some collector base importt or summit) theres been no reports on anything different over that

On the topic of space travel without Mass Relays: in the very first explanation you get about them in Mass Effect, the guy very clearly states "Without the Mass Relays, interstellar travel would be impossible". Sure there's FTL, but that can only get you so far, literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    On the topic of space travel without Mass Relays: in the very first explanation you get about them in Mass Effect, the guy very clearly states "Without the Mass Relays, interstellar travel would be impossible". Sure there's FTL, but that can only get you so far, literally.
    The Protheans did manage to crack the secrets behind them. There's no reason why the asari, since they're currently the most advanced race, shouldn't be able to do the same in time. Or develop some other form of fast interstellar travel. There has got to be survivors since Thessia was only hit a short time before the Crucible was fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    The Protheans did manage to crack the secrets behind them. There's no reason why the asari, since they're currently the most advanced race, shouldn't be able to do the same in time. Or develop some other form of fast interstellar travel. There has got to be survivors since Thessia was only hit a short time before the Crucible was fired.
    wouldnt Thessia be gone? i thought in Arrival when mass relays go kaboom they destory the entire system like a supernova, isnt thessia in a system with a Mass relay? so it and any other planets would be gone?

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    wouldnt Thessia be gone? i thought in Arrival when mass relays go kaboom they destory the entire system like a supernova, isnt thessia in a system with a Mass relay? so it and any other planets would be gone?
    In Arrival you flung an asteroid at it, causing it to overload with unreleased energy. At the end of this game however, the energy is released as a wave of destruction/control/synthesis. The relays are still destroyed, but the excess energy has already been shed.

I was reading the indoctrination theory and one thing didnt make sense, if you choose control which in the theory means shepard surrendered to harbinger and lost became fully indoctrinated why did the reapres leave earth? Why not just wtfpwn the whole galaxy since there is no more threat to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Bornams View Post
    I was reading the indoctrination theory and one thing didnt make sense, if you choose control which in the theory means shepard surrendered to harbinger and lost became fully indoctrinated why did the reapres leave earth? Why not just wtfpwn the whole galaxy since there is no more threat to them?
    They will in another 50k years iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurpderp View Post
    They will in another 50k years iirc.
    That doesnt make sense since they complete the cycle only when all advanced races have been killed and only primitive races without FLT drives are left to begin the new cycle.

Check out the top Tweet:

Hurhurhur!

EDIT: And I know it's a small comfort but hey, still something!

| RAGE. HATE. FEAR. | Sig by Shyama <3 |

I can feel butterflies in my stomach!
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Quote Originally Posted by Bornams View Post
    None of thats happened yet.

The (main)indoctrination theory( some have theorised it starts later after the ILM/anderson confrontation) means everything after the blinding flash of light when you were close to being hit by harbingers ray beam of death never happened, that was all in Shepards head from the getting up and slow motion shooting bit to the Very last scene of joker etc getting out of the normandy- is his head sorting through and resisting(or giving in) to the indoctrination process, the in head part ends and reality starts again in the "deep breath" pre rendered segment at the end of the "Perfect Destory" ending. As for when Reality establishes itself for the other 2 endings(synthesis and control), it doesnt because your under Harbys control.
    Last edited by AnthonyUK; 2012-03-16 at 06:11 PM.