Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bornams View Post
    I was reading the indoctrination theory and one thing didnt make sense, if you choose control which in the theory means shepard surrendered to harbinger and lost became fully indoctrinated why did the reapres leave earth? Why not just wtfpwn the whole galaxy since there is no more threat to them?
    They will in another 50k years iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurpderp View Post
    They will in another 50k years iirc.
    That doesnt make sense since they complete the cycle only when all advanced races have been killed and only primitive races without FLT drives are left to begin the new cycle.

Deleted
    Check out the top Tweet:

Hurhurhur!

EDIT: And I know it's a small comfort but hey, still something!

I can feel butterflies in my stomach!
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Deleted
    I was reading the indoctrination theory and one thing didnt make sense, if you choose control which in the theory means shepard surrendered to harbinger and lost became fully indoctrinated why did the reapres leave earth? Why not just wtfpwn the whole galaxy since there is no more threat to them?
    None of thats happened yet.

The (main)indoctrination theory( some have theorised it starts later after the ILM/anderson confrontation) means everything after the blinding flash of light when you were close to being hit by harbingers ray beam of death never happened, that was all in Shepards head from the getting up and slow motion shooting bit to the Very last scene of joker etc getting out of the normandy- is his head sorting through and resisting(or giving in) to the indoctrination process, the in head part ends and reality starts again in the "deep breath" pre rendered segment at the end of the "Perfect Destory" ending. As for when Reality establishes itself for the other 2 endings(synthesis and control), it doesnt because your under Harbys control.
    Last edited by mmoc00c6bd8f01; 2012-03-16 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    Check out the top Tweet:

-twitter pic-

Hurhurhur!

That's pretty interesting actually. April 6th, bring it on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    None of thats happened yet.

The (main)indoctrination theory( some have theorised it starts later after the ILM/anderson confrontation) means everything after the blinding flash of light when you were close to being hit by harbingers ray beam of death never happened, that was all in Shepards head from the getting up and slow motion shooting bit to the Very last scene of joker etc getting out of the normandy- is his head sorting through and resisting(or giving in) to the indoctrination process, the in head part ends and reality starts again in the "deep breath" pre rendered segment at the end of the "Perfect Destory" ending. As for when Reality establishes itself for the other 2 endings(synthesis and control), it doesnt because your under Harbys control.
    But why would the Reapers show Shepard the scene with the Normandy AFTER he has supposedly fullfilled his task and handed them civilzation on a silver platter? Because they're nice guys and wanted him to be all comfy in his final moments?

Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    But why would the Reapers show Shepard the scene with the Normandy AFTER he has supposedly fullfilled his task and handed them civilzation on a silver platter? Because they're nice guys and wanted him to be all comfy in his final moments?
    Maybe that's simply how indoctrination works? I've never thought of it as full mind control, more of as a warping of the mind. Indoctrinated people can still be spoken to, and even reasoned with to a small degree, just look at Saren. Maybe indoctrination simply changes your perspective of things, by making you think that your actions are always in the right and will result in the greatest good. That's my theory anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    Fulfilled what task? He's indoctrinated at that point - his only 'task' is to not stop them. Even in the Destroy ending, he would remain indoctrinated right up until it shows him waking up in London.

If you shoot him, the Illusive Man even mentions that he wishes you could see Earth as he does - 'perfect'. To me, that suggests they see pleasant imagery as a means of coercion.

Another thing i noticed is when Shep shoots Anderson on his left side, Shep then proceeds to hold his left side and bleeds quite a bit more. (as if in reality he shot him self)

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Another thing i noticed is when Shep shoots Anderson on his left side, Shep then proceeds to hold his left side and bleeds quite a bit more. (as if in reality he shot him self)
    That's very interesting and not something I noticed till you brought it up. Here's hoping for the indoctrination theory.
    "And if it ends with both of us dying in an explosion taking out a Reaper - remember, I took the killshot." ~ Garrus Vakarian

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    I actually didn't realise that little thing either before I watched the video someone linked a while ago about the indoctrination theory.

Check out the top Tweet:

<snip>

Hurhurhur!

Now the question is, are we talking Blizzard "Soon" or the actual meaning of Soon? :P

And all this talk about indoctrination is really interesting and makes sense. Apparently accrding to the Final Hours app that that one video game dude made, the writers were actually happy with the endings they made and are meant to be taken at face value (ROFL). Another thing is they actually tried out having Shepard "lose control" of himself (being indoctrinated) but scrapped it because they couldn't get it to work as a gameplay mechanic. So all the framework is there, now all they need to do is use it. I think making amends with the fans is far more important than the writers pride at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    Now the question is, are we talking Blizzard "Soon" or the actual meaning of Soon? :P

And all this talk about indoctrination is really interesting and makes sense. Apparently accrding to the Final Hours app that that one video game dude made, the writers were actually happy with the endings they made and are meant to be taken at face value (ROFL). Another thing is they actually tried out having Shepard "lose control" of himself (being indoctrinated) but scrapped it because they couldn't get it to work as a gameplay mechanic. So all the framework is there, now all they need to do is use it. I think making amends with the fans is far more important than the writers pride at this point.
    As someone else already pointed out in this thread, they only removed the gameplay element from the game. The effects of indoctrination on the ending have not been scrapped, at least that can be inferred, and honestly, we have all just been waiting for Shepard to be indoctrinated. After all, he spent so much among Reapers and their artifacts, it would be about time, no matter how crazy his willpower is. Highfunctioning cases of indoctrination have been present before, like Saren.

What actually made me close my Firefox window with some of the Final Hour stuff, was the moment, when they were seriously happy and meant to be taken at face value with their image of Tali.
    We eventually decided that she gives you a memento of her pictures, but the team was throwing around a lot of pictures and designs until we decided on something and said "Yup, that's her".
    I paraphrased that article for them. (Source: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...ndex/9999272/1)

We eventually decided, we are too lazy to model her face properly and did not forward any assignment to our art directors and artists, so we ended up pirating a picture from gettyimages, photoshopped it like a 5 yr old and told us: "Yup, that's her. No way in the world that will come out and a shitstorm will build up, because of the suspense we worked so hard to create after hiding quarians behind their masks for 5 years."
    That justification seriously made me consider inflicting catastrophic damage to my monitor.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    As someone else already pointed out in this thread, they only removed the gameplay element from the game. The effects of indoctrination on the ending have not been scrapped, at least that can be inferred, and honestly, we have all just been waiting for Shepard to be indoctrinated. After all, he spent so much among Reapers and their artifacts, it would be about time, no matter how crazy his willpower is. Highfunctioning cases of indoctrination have been present before, like Saren.

What actually made me close my Firefox window with some of the Final Hour stuff, was the moment, when they were seriously happy and meant to be taken at face value with their image of Tali.

I paraphrased that article for them. (Source: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...ndex/9999272/1)

That justification seriously made me consider inflicting catastrophic damage to my monitor.
    I am not a big fan of Tali at all but even I thought her face reveal was lazy and unfair to the fans. Easily the worst thing they did outside of the ending.

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    I am not a big fan of Tali at all but even I thought her face reveal was lazy and unfair to the fans. Easily the worst thing they did outside of the ending.
    I've always loved Tali, and I'm okay with how it was done.

Deleted
    Huh... you sure it's meant to be that way?
    I thought it worked more like Shepard TAKING control, not losing it... you know, kinda exactly what TIM wanted to do, but wasn't able to. (As the catalyst even explicitly states)
    So Shepard would sacrifice himself to act kinda like a virus infecting all Reapers and then kinda controlling them.. or at least telling them "Yo guys, you know that kill all Organics-thingy? Well, let's not do that anymore... let's go on a vacation into the dark space and not return!"... something like that.
    So yeah, Control meaning "I take control!", kinda like Destroy means "I destroy!", not "I'll be destroyed!".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I've always loved Tali, and I'm okay with how it was done.
    I'm with Nerraw on this one. While I also got the impression that they were just too lazy to include a model of her face, I still liked the reveal especially since I didn't expect it after the questline involving the Quarians didn't reveal her face.

Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi View Post
    Huh... you sure it's meant to be that way?
    I thought it worked more like Shepard TAKING control, not losing it... you know, kinda exactly what TIM wanted to do, but wasn't able to. (As the catalyst even explicitly states)
    So Shepard would sacrifice himself to act kinda like a virus infecting all Reapers and then kinda controlling them.. or at least telling them "Yo guys, you know that kill all Organics-thingy? Well, let's not do that anymore... let's go on a vacation into the dark space and not return!"... something like that.
    So yeah, Control meaning "I take control!", kinda like Destroy means "I destroy!", not "I'll be destroyed!".
    According to the indoctrination theory when you take control its actually reapers finally taking control over you, it said that in the vid you can see the kid in one frame when shepard is taking control but when he goes right and destorys it the kids insta vanishes as if the indoctrination is gone.

Edit: How to i make my text black so avoid spoilers?
    Last edited by Bornams; 2012-03-16 at 09:41 PM.

Deleted
    [ spoiler] TEXT HERE [ /spoiler]

Just remove the spaces after [-mark.
    Yay for quoting my own post!